Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal981

You'd take a holiday knowing that you're about to lose your job instead of trying to save it?

People actually think like this?
I am speechless reading his reply. Guess some people in this world including our manager do not have pride and the desire to win. For me it is unthinkable to take a leave when everything you do in your job are in tatters. Do any of yous that is okay with this think Pep/Klopp/Tuchel would take a break if they are in the same spot ?

Last edited:

Foxbatt

Cant wait for the side to lose 2-0 to Watford and for our fans to clap him off like they do every week.
I don't think we will lose to Watford. If we do then there is nothing that will stop me from calling out the Ole inners.

Regalia

I’ve been a fan for nearly 40 years and Ole has shown himself more incompetent than Big Ron.

Ole the player is a legend. It sickens me that I now cannot look at his face, or hear his voice, without an overwhelming sense of anger and disgust.

This charade needs to end, if only to preserve the sanity of our long suffering fan base.
Let's hope the road to salvation starts with a loss to Watford (however unlikely). Doubt it, but if they fluke the win against our billion dollar squad, it will go a long way to forcing the hands of the clowns up top. Ole is dragging us down the shitter with his nepotism, lying and overall ineptitude for the job. And he needs to be gotten rid of.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I am speechless reading his reply. Guess some people in this world including our manager do not have pride and the desire to win. For me it is unthinkable to take a leave when everything you do in your job are in tatters. Do any of yous that is okay with this think Pep/Klopp/Tuchel would take a break if they are in the same spot ?
Conte too, and you could have had him instead of this amateur.

Judas

Open to offers
Amazing how much Conte’s reputation has grown with hardly any games at Spurs played. Barely ever saw him put alongside Pep/Klopp before we were linked with him to take over Ole, now everyone’s doing it :lol:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Amazing how much Conte’s reputation has grown with hardly any games at Spurs played. Barely ever saw him put alongside Pep/Klopp before we were linked with him to take over Ole, now everyone’s doing it :lol:
I‘ve always thought he’s a great coach and thought you should have got him. He’s beaten Pep and Klopp to a Premier League title already and was easily the best option you could have taken now. Does that mean I’d take him OVER Pep and Klopp? Well, no, but that would never be the choice, would it?

wolvored

My take on it i that he was forced by the club to go on hol whilst they sounded out a new manager. He may have also been told to have a think if he wanted to carry on, the board hoping he woud resign. We probably did put the feelers out to managers agents only to be told not mid season. Thats why hes now spouting it was to recharge his batteries. There was a report in some media he was angry with the board as he doesnt think he warrents sacking/resigning due to his 'achievements' so far!

yipthatman

My take on it i that he was forced by the club to go on hol whilst they sounded out a new manager. He may have also been told to have a think if he wanted to carry on, the board hoping he woud resign. We probably did put the feelers out to managers agents only to be told not mid season. Thats why hes now spouting it was to recharge his batteries. There was a report in some media he was angry with the board as he doesnt think he warrents sacking/resigning due to his 'achievements' so far!
That's the whole problem. Ole is deluded and suffers from the Dunning-kruger effect. He massively overestimates his own ability and achievements. His very basic achievements at United consist of steadying the ship and rebuilding the squad. This is management 101 before going on to win trophies. He has had 3 years and I would argue that he has actually done more long term harm to the club than good.

As for his rebuilt team, it has a lot of unsettled players that seem to want to leave or we know will do once we are out of the Champions league. Unfortunately for Ole, his stubbornness to hang on to his job at all costs, even at the detriment of United as a club will be his lasting legacy. I really think his appointment has set us back. Just think of all the managers that we could have brought in during Oles time that would have also done Oles 'achievements' right away, and then gone on to win stuff.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not quite sure what your point is mate. I never read Metro. What was they saying? Ole is the next Fergie? or some other nonsense?
That Ole was angry with the board or Ole believes he did good job that deserves respect, that was reported by Metro, now it's used as some truth now.

AndySmith1990

Think Ole will manage to turn it around with wins against Watford and Villareal.
I can't stand short term viewpoints like this. United beating teams like Watford and Villarreal isn't turning anything around. Consistently winning matches, outplaying teams, and challenging for trophies come the end of the season would be turning it around.

matt10000

That's nice. I'm guessing you aren't the manager of a major football club who has been struggling for months and just gotten beat by their fiercest rivals by a combined score of 7-0 without any resemblance of a strategy though.
Mu guess is that you aren’t either

matt10000

You'd take a holiday knowing that you're about to lose your job instead of trying to save it?

People actually think like this?
Omg shock horror people take holidays
You maybe speechless but you have plenty to type about.

This break mY well have been arranged ages ago as players, managers need a break like the rest of us. Cancelling the break when half the squad are away anyway would just be demoralising. When you are stuck in a rut a downward spiral, sometimes you need to take a break and reset. I don’t see the problem with that. If they had a game that week then of course it would be bad but having a short break, and then getting back together to prepare to me was probably better that cNcelling holidays, dragging people in annoying everyone. All this fuss is from people who just moan about everything ole does and when we win it is despite him. Unreasonable, opinionated, Whinger Warriors.

Maybe Ole has taken the squad as far as he can but people on here arw rreating him lime henjuat killed a puppy. He has actually improved the squad and had a bad run of form this season. It happens and maybe it is time for a change but to haye, despise and whinge about everything and cLl him useless, lazy, pe teacher etc. is just out of proportion and ridiculous

yipthatman

That Ole was angry with the board or Ole believes he did good job that deserves respect, that was reported by Metro, now it's used as some truth now.
Fair point. I didn't really check the source. I was responding to the poster to be honest. I stand by what I said though. Ole is deluded. He is Manchester United U23s level at most. Same as most of the coaching staff to be fair..

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You mean a manager who guided Chelsea to a title first season he walked in after the mess left by Mourinho. A manager who just guided Inter to a league title after several years of the league being utterly dominated by Juventus.

You're surprised a manager of such caliber is put on a pedestal?

The Impossible Team

This.

Initially I got my hopes up, like the majority of fans.
Less so on the board making the right decision. They probably needed the break just as much as Ole.
I can imagine the Glazers, Woody and co. meeting with the cnuts looking cluelessly at each other for an answer that never came. Probably a few half arsed suggestions were made before deciding their heads hurt and the best remedy would be to stick them back in the sand/up their own arses.

So then I look to Ole, thinking (desperately hoping) that while back in Norway surrounded by family and friends who you'd like to think would be brutally honest with him, regarding his position would make him realise/admit reality and to do the right thing and resign.

No, that didn't happen either.

Although when I started watching his presser for the first few seconds I thought he had decided to call it quits,
To me it looked like he had been crying and just his whole demeanour came across like that of a man, defeated.
Then I started listening more closely and ...groundhog press conference. Feck!

Somebody (Original tinkerman V New tinkerman, today?!) please put him out of his misery for everyone's sake.

But instead he'll be gettin' his Elton John on singing "I'm still standing" while winking pointing finger guns at all his "haters" at the end of the game

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Fair point. I didn't really check the source. I was responding to the poster to be honest. I stand by what I said though. Ole is deluded. He is Manchester United U23s level at most. Same as most of the coaching staff to be fair..
Would any top manager with a clear playing style want ole to manage the next generation to come up to them?

Cloud7

It’s only just dawned on me that he’s really going to be taking charge of the Watford match. I guess I was in denial of it before and just hoping something was happening behind the scenes, but wow, we’re really just carrying on as if things are heading in the right direction.

Karlos PFC

That's the whole problem. Ole is deluded and suffers from the Dunning-kruger effect. He massively overestimates his own ability and achievements. His very basic achievements at United consist of steadying the ship and rebuilding the squad. This is management 101 before going on to win trophies. He has had 3 years and I would argue that he has actually done more long term harm to the club than good.

As for his rebuilt team, it has a lot of unsettled players that seem to want to leave or we know will do once we are out of the Champions league. Unfortunately for Ole, his stubbornness to hang on to his job at all costs, even at the detriment of United as a club will be his lasting legacy. I really think his appointment has set us back. Just think of all the managers that we could have brought in during Oles time that would have also done Oles 'achievements' right away, and then gone on to win stuff.
Yeah, that was the point many of us in here were trying to make 3 years ago. But of course you got replies like, "how can he play proper football with the likes of Lingard and Perreira, give him time to build his own squad" or "Ole is a legend and deserves time as LvG and Jose before him, if you don't like it go and support Chelsea, PSG, Real etc".

When Jose was here the fanbase was divided about how toxic the manager was, now that Ole is here most of the fanbase have turned against the club we were suppose to support. I don't know what is more toxic, split fanbase against a manager or united fanbase against our own club.

Castia

He's gone against Donny for the past 18 months and now he's on his knees and the whole world is asking what the hell is going on he'll finally get a start

Hope Donny plays well today just to add to the mystery of why prime Makalele and Zidane (McFred) start every game.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I don't think we will lose to Watford. If we do then there is nothing that will stop me from calling out the Ole inners.
I wouldn't waste my time mate. As you can see from the last couple of pages there's still plenty of supporters (?) that no matter how bad the team does they're going to be behind Ole 100%. If they haven't seen enough evidence of how bad a manager he really is after all this time then there's no arguing with them. You may as well take a potatoe and call out that because the effect will be just the same.

matt10000

It may not be working out very well this season but do you really seriously believe that Ole does not have pride and a desire to win?

Are you a Utd fan?

Orange Tree

At this point, Ole will stay until it's mathematically impossible to get top 4.

Or maybe he does get top 4 and we will have the same song and dance again next season.

matt10000

Nonsense

Jackal981

It may not be working out very well this season but do you really seriously believe that Ole does not have pride and a desire to win?

Are you a Utd fan?
No he does not has the desire to win and he has no pride. Case in point, laughing and smiling after we got hammered by two of our fiercest rivals. Furthermore he has the nerve to take a vacation. Shows the world he has no pride and shame

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
No he does not has the desire to win and he has no pride. Case in point, laughing and smiling after we got hammered by two of our fiercest rivals. Furthermore he has the nerve to take a vacation. Shows the world he has no pride and shame
… He’s also talked down the idea of winning trophies. Only last week he was talking about how the flakey draw against understrengthed Atalata was a “great result”. As a manager he’s definitely got the mindset of a coach who’s fine with losing. It’s painfully obvious.

Jackal981

… He’s also talked down the idea of winning trophies. Only last week he was talking about how the flakey draw against understrengthed Atalata was a “great result”. As a manager he’s definitely got the mindset of a coach who’s fine with losing. It’s painfully obvious.
Agreed. This is a man who is more concerned of not losing and talked down the notion of winning. We see this clearly on the second half v City. 2-0 down at home HT is not a death sentence but he came out with a super defensive crap just to avoid getting hammered instead of trying to claw back

matt10000

Utter drivel…….you don’t believe that Ole has passion and wants to be successful?

Why do you think he took the job? Do you think he thought ‘nice little earner’ I’ll do aslittle as possible and then retire.

dove

Utter drivel…….you don’t believe that Ole has passion and wants to be successful?

Why do you think he took the job? Do you think he thought ‘nice little earner’ I’ll do aslittle as possible and then retire.
Everyone wants to be successful, Ole is no different. But if you watch his conferences, I think it's quite obvious he is more focused on not losing rather than winning. He just doesn't have that win at all costs mentality and no amount of passion will change that.

Why he took a job? Who in their right mind would reject a job offer at Manchester United with 20x bigger salary while being a manager of Molde?

Status
Not open for further replies.