g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Sack Watch

Should we replace the manager ?

• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He could always walk. He must have taken 20 million for the last 3 years of work and he’ll be loaded from his playing career.
Agree on the last three years but players never got the salaries they are getting now 20 years ago and United has been overpaying of late. Plus life in Norway is expensive if you want to maintain a certain lifestyle.

Gordon Godot

Agree on the last three years but players never got the salaries they are getting now 20 years ago and United has been overpaying of late. Plus life in Norway is expensive if you want to maintain a certain lifestyle.
Yes Norway is expensive but healthcare, pensions etc are excellent. He is not poor and never will be, wealthier beyond the dreams of everyone on this forum. Plus he can become a pundit, write a book or manage in the Middle East.

He’s milked millions and millions with that academy scan him and his agent did. Getting the most talented youngsters in Norway, who then all happened to sign for his agent many of whom moved to clubs that Ole managed or was involved with, United as coach, Cardiff, Molde.

He was definitely getting a cut because despite relinquishing his share in the company when he started his ‘management’ career, an account in some obscure country was found to belong to ole and receiving money from the agent.

Yes Norway is expensive but healthcare, pensions etc are excellent. He is not poor and never will be, wealthier beyond the dreams of everyone on this forum. Plus he can become a pundit, write a book or manage in the Middle East.
How do you know kings do chat amongst the peasants ?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Come on, a few million a year, invested over 20-odd years? He was a sensible fella when he was a player. You’d have to work hard not to be loaded from the playing career alone.

Withnail

Maybe for a normal job where you're on a normal salary. But even in those contracts you have provisos about overtime, etc.

And, let's be honest, we're not talking about a normal job and/or situation. Sending players on holiday or to train with the youth team and then claiming you've worked hard during the break when you spent 75% of it 'resting' is a joke to me.
I'm sure he didn't claim the team worked hard while they were on holiday and 75% also sounds entirely dubious.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'm sure he didn't claim the team worked hard while they were on holiday and 75% also sounds entirely dubious.
How is 75% entirely dubious? He was out for 9 days out of 12 between the time we got smacked by City and the Watford game.

There was no training before Tuesday.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
“Background checks”

“We’re preparing a bid” just doesn’t cut any longer

What the feck are we doing, like hiring a private investigator to go through Rodgers’ rubbish bin or something?

Never heard so much bollocks spouted in my entire life.

Withnail

How is 75% entirely dubious? He was out for 9 days out of 12 between the time we got smacked by City and the Watford game.

There was no training before Tuesday.
It didn't sound right to me to I said it sounds entirely dubious.

I'd not worked it out but my count its 13 days since Man City and I thought he was away for 8 as he left on Mon and came back on Monday but yeah if you are counting the days on which training took place then it's actually close enough.

Paxi

As expected then. If we continue being this shit, he'll go. People are in a world of their own if they think he lasts the season if this slop continues. Shame the axe should have already swung weeks ago though.
He should have been catapulted out of here with a trebuchet — that would have been appropriate.

Paxi

I don't know why anyone would want to watch his press conferences. Guy has to be one of the most boring managers to ever listen to.

Boring quotes, boring answers, zero charisma in front of the camera.

Meanwhile I can hear the likes of Pep talking all day no problem.
He’s without a doubt one of the most unremarkable characters to ever grace the Premier League. He’s probably a really nice guy but I’d rather watch paint dry than watch his press conferences. Would bore you to death.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I said it a couple of years ago that the end of his tenure here will be slow and painful.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I said it a couple of years ago that the end of his tenure here will be slow and painful.
Same. I know our board are pretty clueless at the best of times but I'm pretty shocked that they never foresaw any of this coming and didn't anticipate what a big rod they were making for their own back by hiring somebody like him with his status here. If he was a renowned coach that was likely to do well then that's one thing, but there's literally nothing to suggest he would ever be the right one long term.

Devil’s Trident

He’s milked millions and millions with that academy scan him and his agent did. Getting the most talented youngsters in Norway, who then all happened to sign for his agent many of whom moved to clubs that Ole managed or was involved with, United as coach, Cardiff, Molde.

He was definitely getting a cut because despite relinquishing his share in the company when he started his ‘management’ career, an account in some obscure country was found to belong to ole and receiving money from the agent.

:eek: I never thought he was like that. I always thought he was a dead honest guy and a decent human being given it’s been mentioned time and again by people here. All that pity for him and his financial health.

:eek: I never thought he was like that. I always thought he was a dead honest guy and a decent human being given it’s been mentioned time and again by people here. All that pity for him and his financial health.
Characters like Ole are like G W Bush they can pretty much do anything and then plead stupidity/naivety and everyone will believe them…. In fact people will probably assume it before they even plead it.

::sonny::

His value has been protected

Costed 50 million in the last 5 yrs (wage+taxes), never played and now going to leave for free

One of the worst managed club in the world

buchansleftleg

“Background checks”

“We’re preparing a bid” just doesn’t cut any longer

What the feck are we doing, like hiring a private investigator to go through Rodgers’ rubbish bin or something?

Never heard so much bollocks spouted in my entire life.
I think the "background checks" briefing is a veiled barb aimed at Conte. While there is a definite footballing reason to have him as manager, I think the club are trying to hide their indecision behind a smokscreen of his somewhat chequered past in Italy.

If that had been an actual dealbreaker we would have distanced ourselves from the rumours at the time.

Stig

Ole interview:- We've worked on a few things and hopefully we see that against Watford."

I find it positive that they have actually ' worked on a few things'

What could those things be ?

Stig

Is any of this illegal or just immoral conflict of interest ? ( if true - -caveat just in case Mr. Ole reads this)

yipthatman

Man is he still in charge? Wish he would stop with the self preservation and do what's best for the club ie. step down. Get Zidane in FFS. So tired of this saga.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Ole has been following EPL football since he was a boy. He joined United at age 23, he spent 11 years here and he even coached the youth team. I think that we can all agree that he knows what the club, the players and the fans want inside out, possibly more then the average fan himself. That means attacking football, giving kids a fair shot and having a core of local players at first team. Hence why Ole is constantly spot on in interviews and was able to keep the dressing room at his side till probably a month ago (some say he still has control over it but that's out of the scope of debate). Its so easy to give assurances to the likes of Bailly, Lingard and VDB that they will get first team chances.

Unfortunately there's a gulf between what fans/players want and what Ole can provide. The more bodies you commit upfront the more space you leave at the back. Not only that, some teams rely on physicality, others rely on pace, some play tika taka while others play counter attack football. That requires hundreds of 'what if this or what if that happen' scenarios that only top coaching and tactics can counter. Add the squad players in the mix then tactics and coaching will need to be tweaked to accommodate these players strengths/weaknesses. If kids are to play as well then someone has to monitor them as they will be targeted and their inexperience can prove costly. That requires more tactics tweaking, more coaching, more headaches.

Thus the temptation to play a simple football built around 5-6 players in defense, quick counters and individual brilliance is high. A small pool of players would keep things pretty straight forward and since we've got a huge squad, if injury strike there's always an experienced international to replace like for like. Unfortunately there are 3 problems with that.

A- It will not win you a lot of trophies. That's because so many teams are just happy to defend against us and get a draw/go to penalties
B- Other clubs tend to have top managers and coaches whose very job is to spot weaknesses and drill the team to a level that they can exploit them. Sooner or later a one trick pony manager will be fount out especially in a league which has the best managers in football (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel and Conte) under 1 roof with league title winners managing the likes of Watford and Everton.
C- Eventually players sitting on the bench will lose it

That lead to Ole trying to tweak his proven but dated tactic to disastrous effects.

I don't think that Ole is an evil person who walks in the office thinking of how he's going to make Ole inners look silly, how he will dent his legacy with us and which football career's he's going to ruin. He's doing that because he and his coaching staff is simply not good enough. However there's no denying that what he says and what he does are completely opposite to one another. This lead to a polarization between those fans who believe him and those who see through his lies and see him as a hypocrite.
Good fair post. Nice summary of where we're at.

ShinjiNinja26

Ole interview:- We've worked on a few things and hopefully we see that against Watford."

I find it positive that they have actually ' worked on a few things'

What could those things be ?
Well following on from converting Sancho to a RWB I believe they’ve been working on using Ronaldo at CB due to his aerial ability.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The mad thing is that Ole is exposing his bad decisions left, right and centre in a bid to rescue his situation. Not playing Donny, for example. Suddenly Pogba is injured and we have a heavy fixture list coming and it's "Ole is impressed by VdB in training this week and is considering playing him". They must think people are fecking daft.

This apparent meeting with senior players to try to get them on the same page by explaining his tactical plan going forward. I mean, he's been here long enough. Or are they suggesting new tactics, which means there's no future planning in terms of our style of play. Instead just reactive bollocks to put another fire out.

Or going 5 at the back after preaching about the United way and all that rubbish. His football is atrocious, boring and completely ineffective without world class players to pull him out of the shit.

Or talking about giving fringe players a chance, just to keep them here, only to leave them on the bench unless absolutely needed anyway (see Donny until Pogba returns). Even Lingard, a Manchester born and bred player who was on fire at West Ham, brought back here and still never given a sniff.

Where's all these youth players everyone thought he was going to promote? Brandon Williams had a good breakout season but was completely cast aside the following season when Shaw found some form. He's looked a shadow of himself since then.

I could go on. The man is a hypocrite and only stands to serve himself. I've met people like this through work, you can tell they're absolute bullshit merchants that tell people what they want to hear because they are rubbish at their jobs. I never thought a guy like that would find themselves running Manchester fecking United! We're such a farce. I've avoided this thread in anticipation of Oles return and the expected bollocks coming from him and the club, but I just can't help but comment.

Last edited:

nodlocnost2

Good News.... They're only keeping Ole until they can secure contract extensions for Mcfred until 2030.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Cannot see him being sacked anytime soon. The time to have done it was prior go the international break. Gets to the end of the season unless he loses the next three or four or something similar.

tomaldinho1

Media just wanting to create arguments now. As if he's refusing, our board won't have even mentioned it. He's just a normal bloke (which is kind of the issue) who knows he's sat on a lottery ticket and he'll be here until he's sacked.

NewUser777

The mad thing is that Ole is exposing his bad decisions left, right and centre in a bid to rescue his situation. Not playing Donny, for example. Suddenly Pogba is injured and we have a heavy fixture list coming and it's "Ole is impressed by VdB in training this week and is considering playing him". They must think people are fecking daft.

This apparent meeting with senior players to try to get them on the same page by explaining his tactical plan going forward. I mean, he's been here long enough. Or are they suggesting new tactics, which means there's no future planning in terms of our style of play. Instead just reactive bollocks to put another fire out.

Or going 5 at the back after preaching about the United way and all that rubbish. His football is atrocious, boring and completely ineffective without world class players to pull him out of the shit.

Or talking about giving fringe players a chance, just to keep them here, only to leave them on the bench unless absolutely needed anyway (see Donny until Pogba returns). Even Lingard, a Manchester born and bred player who was on fire at West Ham, brought back here and still never given a sniff.

Where's all these youth players everyone thought he was going to promote? Brandon Williams had a good breakout season but was completely cast aside the following season when Shaw found some form. He's looked a shadow of himself since then.

I could go on. The man is a hypocrite and only stands to serve himself. I've met people like this through work, you can tell they're absolute bullshit merchants that tell people what they want to hear because they are rubbish at their jobs. I never thought a guy like that would find themselves running Manchester fecking United! We're such a farce. I've avoided this thread in anticipation of Oles return and the expected bollocks coming from him and the club, but I just can't help but comment.
Clueless post! I’m not even going into it with such drivel of player knowledge. And I would be perfectly fine with such drivel if people had the self respect not to post insults while exposing how little you know of our players attributes. Embarrassing!

RUCK4444

Media just wanting to create arguments now. As if he's refusing, our board won't have even mentioned it. He's just a normal bloke (which is kind of the issue) who knows he's sat on a lottery ticket and he'll be here until he's sacked.
Yeah people need to factor this in now or the media will just wind us up even more.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Clueless post! I’m not even going into it with such drivel of player knowledge. And I would be perfectly fine with such drivel if people had the self respect not to post insults while exposing how little you know of our players attributes. Embarrassing!
From recent memory vast majority of your posts are clueless and 'embarrassing' so I guess not brilliant idea throwing rocks from that glass house you're in.

NewUser777

From recent memory vast majority of your posts are clueless and 'embarrassing' so I guess not brilliant idea throwing rocks from that glass house you're in.
Sure. Not convinced that has anything to do with our players attributes or the affection for throwing insults. There are some articles out there from Bruno’s ex coach and DVB when they joined us. Might want to read them before getting on that horse :lol: Being critical is well within reach without the level of shit you guys are producing.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
With Ole I am just going to remember that ace in the pack player he was who came up time and time again trumps with arrowed drives into the corner to win us games at the last minute. This is what I am sticking to now, I can’t watch him in another press conference ever again because it is just too irritating now. We all know what he’s gonna say ‘boys are working hard’ ‘on the front foot’ ‘all united in what we want’ etc etc etc. there’s no point watching him anymore. All social media ire is best directed where it belongs at woody, the worst ceo probably in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.