• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sviken

New manager gets Chelsea as his next league game :nervous:
We're losing that regardless. Right now i'll just be happy with the introduction of some semblance of tactical style of play rather than having the lads to enjoy themselves on the pitch

eire-red

It's shocking really, I mean was the result against Watford that shocking? The writing has been on the wall for a while now, and this should have been done during the international break.

It's terrible planning from top to bottom, the fact that we've done this now when one of the best candidates is now off the market. Where do we go now? Another interim and another write-off of a season?

It's absolutely the right call, and long overdue on top of that, but who knows where we go from here.

Rake

Surely they have to sack him now... We have negative GD ffs and 9 of the scored goals were in two matches...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I vaguely remember reading something about Bettoni looking to step into management himself.
my fear is for the new manager to be saddled with McCarricky. These two gentlemen were involved in Mou's disastrous last year and Ole's tragic 3 year campaign, they can't be allowed to sink another manager.

united for life

It's shocking really, I mean was the result against Watford that shocking? The writing has been on the wall for a while now, and this should have been done during the international break.

It's terrible planning from top to bottom, the fact that we've done this now when one of the best candidates is now off the market. Where do we go now? Another interim and another write-off of a season?

It's absolutely the right call, and long overdue on top of that, but who knows where we go from here.
I think the board thought we’d win against Watford. Probably decided to see what happens next. Poor as usual.

I’m actually glad Conte is off the market. 3-4-3? What would that mean? Another rebuild to sign the right players?

but Zidane is still available. He might be the right man to take us forward. Won at the highest level as a manager.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Imagine the fans who defended Ole from the criticism other fans were giving him, only to be rewarded with this :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do you think he'll insist we sign Bettoni in or would he make do with McCarricky?
If he was to take the job absolutely, he is friend with Bettoni and Msaidie, neither of them were at the level of a club like Real Madrid.

HailtotheKing

my fear is for the new manager to be saddled with McCarricky. These two gentlemen were involved in Mou's disastrous last year and Ole's tragic 3 year campaign, they can't be allowed to sink another manager.
Please god no! If I were the incoming manager id make it a condition of the contract that I could demote or replace them. I feel like maybe there’s some possibility there with McKenna but not Carrick. And certainly not as main coaches obviously. That was a dumb decision from the beginning.

Winrar

His position in the club is surely not tenable at this point.

He's been a dead man walking since half time vs Liverpool. The longer he stays the longer he stinks up everything.

Cessna

The board initiated this failure when they started recruiting retired players in prominent positions.
Having played under SAF and his coaches does not mean you are as good as them... or know how to teach like them.
It is obvious to most that the Glazers are withdrawn (having no real game-knowledge) and do not have a hands-on approach when it comes to urgent matters at the club. Meaning they have entrusted others with giving them insights into whom are suitable candidates to hold important positions.
As we have seen, this leads to many other retired players (now pundits) sticking with their old mates.

The problem is rooted quite deeply, which is why the sacking of the manager is not enough. However, to fan the flames, it might be a start.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He won two league titles during peak Barcelona's reign and even before they dominated, Real have never dominated La Liga.

The second time the squad wasn't even that good. He's better in the league than Ancelotti.
Say what?
They won 5 in a row early to mid 60s, and 8 titles that decade.

Plus 5 in 6 years mid to late70s.

Plus 5 in a row mid to late 80s.

doomy20

I hope they used the wasted month since the Liverpool embarrassment to secure Zidane!!! Wait a month just to get battered 4:1 by Watford when everyone could see a month ago that there is no way back

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It wasn't poor, no. It's just unfortunate enough for Zidane that he was managing at a time when Messi was the most consistent player in La Liga over the duration of a campaign. Without Messi, it's fair to say that Zidane would have picked up more La Liga's.
But without Messi at Barca, Real would have been winning consecutive titles for years, save the odd Atletico charge, which means that perhaps Zidane never gets the gig.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Say what?
They won 5 in a row early to mid 60s, and 8 titles that decade.

Plus 5 in 6 years mid to late70s.

Plus 5 in a row mid to late 80s.
It's amazing someone can literally have the point in front of them and still miss it. I was obviously talking about modern times.

Seems like this fanbase's love affair with the past is not restrictred to United facts only.

eire-red

I think the board thought we’d win against Watford. Probably decided to see what happens next. Poor as usual.

I’m actually glad Conte is off the market. 3-4-3? What would that mean? Another rebuild to sign the right players?

but Zidane is still available. He might be the right man to take us forward. Won at the highest level as a manager.
Did he play 4 at the back for much of his spell at Inter? Maybe I'm imagining! I think a lot of the problems he had at previous clubs wouldn't be the case here, but I agree with your sentiment. He would have been a risk.

For me though, it seemed Conte was really keen on the job, which is important too. Zidane I think could take it or leave it, it depends on what's on the table. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I know a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I still think Pochettino could be a success at OT. Zidane as a short term option, and try and prise Poch away from PSG in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.