• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

United Hobbit

So I see he still hasn't been sacked.

Absolutely pathetic he is still in a job, this is adding to my annoyance. Clearly nothing will get him the sack if this doesn't no wonder he grins away imagine being Manchester United manager and knowing you can suffer a defeat like that and keep your job. Absolutely speechless. Even if you stick someone in charge for the rest of the season and get an agreement in place with the long term replacement (Ten Hag hopefully) to join in the summer

The above video, wow, how can he survive. Was it at half time or full time? There was a lot of booing where I was, but the above section sounded even more bitter

Was anyone in the Stretford? I'd have loved to hear what the atmosphere was like there.

Last edited:

brian017

Any other big club would have sacked the manager the night of a 5-0 home defeat to their biggest rivals. He’ll be here next weekend I think

George the Cat

The fact that Woodward's here until year end plays a part here I think, so it’ll be the new year when they get rid.

Rolaholic

A serious club would've already made an announcement, Chelsea were literally in the same position last year going nowhere fast when they sacked arguably their greatest player after a win and that was after a year and a half.

They benefitted immediately from hiring a top manager to coach an already talented but underachieving squad and are now competing on all fronts, sound familiar?

What's Ole done to deserve even more time after almost 3 years??

The amount of rival fans praying that he keeps his job says it all...

Rolaholic

Truly embarrassing when we presently have the most talented United side in a decade yet we have to watch our 3 main rivals in the title race without us once again...

Not even close to good enough

Ralaks

We'll be an absolutely laughing stock and embarrassment if we don't react. Ole's at the wheel was almost the loudest I've heard it, despite it being sung by scousers instead of us.

largelyworried

Worth pointing out that with both Moyes and Mourinho the formal announcement came on the Tuesday after losing on the Sunday. With LVG it was announced on the Tuesday too, but the news was leaked all over the press after the FA Cup win.

Either way I wouldn't read too much into the lack of news just yet. If its the old vote of confidence I'd expect it today. If its a sacking it might not be til tomorrow. I really don't expect no news though, think we'll hear something.

RealBarcelonaUnited

Waited for a bit before posting anything. Still as pissed off and as embarrassed as yesterday if not more. Absolute shamble of displays the last few matches and this is has to be the final nail on the coffin for Ole.

RepardReece

Does anyone think the club are actively lining up a replacement? I don't.
me neither. In today's day and age, there would be a lot of noise around this if they were.

To be this tactically inept after 3 years in charge is pathetic. Brilliant analysis.

Also shows the quality of Keita / Henderson in comparison with Fred / McT, a huge difference.

Godfather

Any other big club would have sacked the manager the night of a 5-0 home defeat to their biggest rivals. He’ll be here next weekend I think
We are run by guys that have zero interest or knowledge about football. You thought they would suddenly develop any sort of ambition? And a few levels below we have ex players and mates of Ole sitting and stinking up the place.

So I'm not really surprised we haven't acted yet. We aren't a football club we are a joke these das. A walking meme.

Tank Montana

"I do believe in myself, I do believe I am getting close to what I want with the club" - We are regressing if anything so what are we getting close to exactly? Ole is not great at picking his words during interviews/press conferences, but this is just mind boggling

United Hobbit

Apparently we have tweeted "Ole is setting his sights on the next 3 games"

What an absolute joke this club is clearly he's staying then. I'm so angry the cowardly club won't act

No wonder he spends so much time grinning

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Eve Stevie Wonder could see this result coming, why are they suddenly shocked and disappointed? Those ''some hours'' better lead to the sacking of Ole.
Not entirely fair, there was a good bit of optimism on here that we would get a result against Liverpool and most felt that we would at least keep the result tight. (I did predict a 1-7 loss, so I guess the reality was slightly better.)

United Hobbit

How reliable are they usually? I really hope they sack him in those next few hours, at this point he HAS to go. However I think if they were going to do it, they'd have done it already at most he's called in for a meeting to put a rocket up his backside.

Who do we think wants protection for him and who do we think has concerns?

Given Ed leaves at the end of this year, he should have absolute minimal involvement in ANY decision making processes

Eddy_JukeZ

The fact he is still employed is a joke.

He needs to be sacked after arguably the worst result/performance in this club's storied history.

Josh 76

I mean this is perhaps the most encouraging bit of news I've heard, so I'll cling on to it.

Not entirely sure why some board members feel the need to 'protect' Solskjaer.
Neville and Rio must be on the board.

Ralaks

I mean this is perhaps the most encouraging bit of news I've heard, so I'll cling on to it.

Not entirely sure why some board members feel the need to 'protect' Solskjaer.
If there is any truth in it (protecting Ole), then the shareholders should question if those who want to protect him truly are the right persons to sit on the board. If this sort of thing would happen at any real company the shareholders would (rightly so) be out for blood.

TrueRed79

We are not a serious club anymore. How on earth can anybody on that board sit back and think that Ole will turn this around. He absolutely has to be sacked. It's utterly pointless to think things will magically improve. All the statistics are there to show the board that we are bang average under his management. Every single one of his backroom team need to go as well.

Ixion

The state of that first goal, each player one after the other pressing too late and leaving space behind them. I wouldn't even say Liverpool had to do anything special to score that. Then you see their team and they press properly, already pressing the next man before the pass has even been made.

red4ever 79

Worth pointing out that with both Moyes and Mourinho the formal announcement came on the Tuesday after losing on the Sunday. With LVG it was announced on the Tuesday too, but the news was leaked all over the press after the FA Cup win.

Either way I wouldn't read too much into the lack of news just yet. If its the old vote of confidence I'd expect it today. If its a sacking it might not be til tomorrow. I really don't expect no news though, think we'll hear something.
Some Norwegian guy on twitter said a board meeting has been called for today, but no idea if he is reliable. Only has 14k followesrs

largelyworried

The state of that first goal, each player one after the other pressing too late and leaving space behind them. I wouldn't even say Liverpool had to do anything special to score that. Then you see their team and they press properly, already pressing the next man before the pass has even been made.
That goal in particular was embarrassing. One after another, a player leaves their position to cover a gap the previous player made, only for Liverpool to make a simple pass into the space they just left. It could go in a coaching manual on what not to do.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
That Motd highlight package should be shown to board and question should be asked if a team with superstars and with next to no injuries should play like that under a manger who has been here for 3 years. If that’s not enough pick Wolves, Villa, Young Boys or Leicester game and you will see the same pattern.

Individual brilliance can bring result only up to a certain extent.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The board are not prepared at all. They are today probably trying to get Zidane and Co’s phone number, then speak with them for ages before making a decision in 2-3 months.

Superden

erm, how comes he's not been given his P45 yet?
would we really be any worse with a random caretaker manager, of what the hell give it CR7 as player manager. in fact.....could be a masterstroke...

Status
Not open for further replies.