• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
We could do with the new manager bounce before the City game.

The reality is that if he isn’t sacked within the next couple of weeks, City and Pep are going to put him to the sword, so hopefully regardless of the Atalanta result he goes after that, or after Tottenham.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The moment PSG sacked Tuchel, Chelsea were making moves. Bayern already planned succession a year before a treble winning coach left. City planned for Pep before he had managed a game for Bayern. These are clubs that plan ahead and don't make sentimental decisions. We have let a raft of top progressive managers in their prime move clubs while we wallow in the pretence of stability
Won't surprise me if the board themselves don't know what they're going to do and didn't think of any contingency plan.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
The unfortunate bit is that this thrashing was totally avoidable if the board had read the signs after Everton or Leicester or even Atalanta. Everyone knew this was coming.

The old wording of the title was more apt - we will do eventually what we should have done immediately. In this case, drop more points against Spurs and City and possibly crash out of the CL group.

We prefer knowing the season is a write off to trying to salvage it when we can. Masochistic pleasures.

stu_1992

Think people are reading a bit too much into the wording of a social media post. It's not like that's a direct quote from anyone above. They just have to post something vaguely positive at this time.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They think because it worked once with Ferguson decades ago it will work again. It won't.
And it’s so obvious but so many fans just can’t accept it. It’s really weird.

Regalia

To be honest think everyone would take the flukes at the moment. Means we won 3 big games. It's in everyone benefit that we turn it around asap.

I'm assuming you the type get him out at all costs don't care if we get hammered more
And I'm assuming you're the type keep him at all costs don't care if we have no future as a club as long as golden boy Ole has a job.

We will not turn it around with him in charge. If we fluke some decent results it is because the players decided to turn up and play for their pride. No rational fan would prefer fluking a win and having Ole see out the season. You've got to be an oppo fan or plain delusional to think he is going to suddenly come good. Long term, the sooner he goes the better for the club.

Orestetes

It's pretty bad but not as bad as Moyes - yet! The irony of West Ham nicking the last top 4 slot would be hard to take.......
How is losing 0-5 to Liverpool 'not as bad as Moyes - yet'? It's worse, much much worse.

crossy1686

career ending
Think people are reading a bit too much into the wording of a social media post. It's not like that's a direct quote from anyone above. They just have to post something vaguely positive at this time.
This. And the social media team don’t get told what to post in the event of a hammering. They’re just doing their job by posting something positive and forward thinking, which they would have done in the event of a defeat anyway. It’s not like Ed’s sitting in his office, opening Instagram and saying out loud “this’ll show them were fully behind him!”

Ibrahimorich

Let's be honest. We may as well get the losses to Spurs and Citeh out of the way before the new man comes in.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We're not pulling the plug on this one are we? I mean they ain't gon sack him.

I can't imagine any other top club in the world that would not take immediate action after what we've seen this season, and what we've seen last night.

Love Ole, but this ship is sinking fast.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Step 1: Sack Ole
Step 2: Appoint Rangnick (and hurry up doing so before Newcastle get him)
Step 3: Rangnick coaches for a year while implementing a system based on a pressing set-up and searching for his german successor.
Step 4: Successor takes over from Rangnick. Rangnick can now focus on transfer-business and putting the right people around him.
Step 5: Profit

Last edited:

Rhetorik

Losing 5-0 at home to Liverpool is an absolute humiliation, one of which no manager should survive. I thought the pre Bruno Burnley loss was the lowest point but yesterday's result is far far worse. The coaching staff have been found out and ruthlessly exposed by most managers this season. Since July 2018 Carrick and McKenna have been coaching the first team which has since won nothing and saw the sacking of Mourinho. My fear is they sack Ole and leave Phelan in charge temporarily with these inept coaches still stealing a living.

Westerkerk

We have the players to turn our performances and season around, that's blindingly obvious, I just don't think there is anyone at the club who is capable of achieving that.

That's a toxic combination of coaching ability, management and the fact we've hit such a low point that alone is difficult to claw back out of it unless drastic changes come in that effectively resets the squad.

I love Ole as an ex player, a personality, even a head coach to a certain extent, but it's clear now we need to kick on and try to bring someone in who can get more out of these players

Godfather

Feel the same way. If he was working for us, he’d have been fired about seven or six times by now. It’s so strange to see a club of this size, spending so much money and yet showing no signs of ambition at all.
Thank you. This should be read by our fecking board. Bayern, one if not the best run club in the world, would have given him the sack ages ago.

We on the other hand are still dithering about after suffering one of the worst defeats in recent history.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’m assuming he would have gone by now, if yesterday was deemed a sackable offence, therefore Ole lives to fight another day! I’m convinced that Liverpool could have gone on to score 8 or 9 yesterday and not wanting Ole to be fired may have been a genuine factor

Irrational.

Jose was sacked in the aftermath of the 3-1 loss against Liverpool. Yesterday’s result was beyond embarrassing. No doubt he’ll be gone within the next three games.

padzilla

Hipster
The continuing embarrassment that is Manchester United under the Glazers Part 4,345 - No doubt we'll give Ole a contract renewal in the coming weeks.
This shit will continue while they're in charge. #GlazersOut

IncyWincySpider

Astonishing to think the club will have to pay 10 or 20 million to get rid of him. He should be grateful to get out of there with a signed shirt from Ronaldo and a firm handshake from Maguire as captain. Someone should change the locks the next time Carrick and McKenna have left the building as well. If they still need work they can wash the Bentleys in the car park.

largelyworried

I’m assuming he would have gone by now, if yesterday was deemed a sackable offence, therefore Ole lives to fight another day! I’m convinced that Liverpool could have gone on to score 8 or 9 yesterday and not wanting Ole to be fired may have been a genuine factor
Jose and Moyes weren't sacked until the Tuesday after their final loss i believe.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
The moment PSG sacked Tuchel, Chelsea were making moves. Bayern already planned succession a year before a treble winning coach left. City planned for Pep before he had managed a game for Bayern. These are clubs that plan ahead and don't make sentimental decisions. We have let a raft of top progressive managers in their prime move clubs while we wallow in the pretence of stability
Won't surprise me if the board themselves don't know what they're going to do and didn't think of any contingency plan.
I believe, most of us fear this the most. It's not only that Ole is not cut out for the job, it's that our board wouldn't have done any of their work to put a contingency plan in place.

Someone like Erik Ten Haag wouldn't even be under consideration, because getting him here would mean laying down substantial groundwork. It's going to be who's best we can get, and at the moment, it's either Zidane or Conte.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I can only assume (from the stories) that the club have to line up the next manager (Conte), which is damning and shows the lack of planning that we have at the club.

Three bad results are expected, then the manager leaves by 'mutual consent' would be my guess.

Skills

Snitch
Feel the same way. If he was working for us, he’d have been fired about seven or six times by now. It’s so strange to see a club of this size, spending so much money and yet showing no signs of ambition at all.
Yeah but do you guys have a soul?

SteveTheRed

Do we honestly think the Board are going to sack him now? Not until it's mathematically impossible for top 4 or zero trophies. I'm sure he'll have that in the contract - by which the damage is already done.

They pay Ole 10m a year and he has 3 years left. Unless Ole decides to tear that up and walk away from £30m then he is here to try and "finish the job".

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We'll lose to Spurs, City, Chelsea and Watford and Ole will still be in charge. The owners are engaged in a gamblers fallacy now - keep gambling because surely the wheel will land on 21 eventually.

The White Pele

Some are saying that if there is a decision it wouldn’t be until later this afternoon due to time difference in the US.

hobbers

Arnold is the one. If we're going to sack Ole by or during the international break it will have to be Arnold and the Glazers who agree to it. No doubt Woodward will remain entrenched against it.

Sviken

Do we honestly think the Board are going to sack him now? Not until it's mathematically impossible for top 4 or zero trophies. I'm sure he'll have that in the contract - by which the damage is already done.

They pay Ole 10m a year and he has 3 years left. Unless Ole decides to tear that up and walk away from £30m then he is here to try and "finish the job".
At this point our top 4 is under threat. Arsenal are improving. Spurs are also playing better than us. We have a lot of tough fixtures ahead, we completely bottled the easy fixtures earlier in the season. This is like Jose's last season, but that was to be expected when Jose basically resigned himself in the summer due to disagreements with the board. He was on a self-destruct mission afterwards. Ole, I just don't think he has the ability. Last 2 seasons in the top 4 we've finished with incredibly low points -66 and 74. In most PL seasons that wouldn't even get you in 4th. The reality is if the Glazers persist with this, we'd be in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.