• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
so anyone credible suggesting that there could be a small chance of actual behind the scenes talk of a sacking?

Santos J

Luckhurst said similar this morning as well so could be something in it. This part is interesting:

United are thought to be seriously considering Solskjær’s future after taking one point from their past four Premier League games. Joel Glazer, who heads the American family’s ownership, resides in Florida, five hours behind the UK, so any decision may be taken later on Monday. The managing director, Richard Arnold, is understood to have cancelled all appointments on Monday to hold talks with Glazer.

Roboc7

The moment PSG sacked Tuchel, Chelsea were making moves. Bayern already planned succession a year before a treble winning coach left. City planned for Pep before he had managed a game for Bayern. These are clubs that plan ahead and don't make sentimental decisions. We have let a raft of top progressive managers in their prime move clubs while we wallow in the pretence of stability
Won't surprise me if the board themselves don't know what they're going to do and didn't think of any contingency plan.
This is spot on, other teams know who they want next, we will be totally clueless. They’ve all been patting themselves on the back for finishing second and rebooting the club, United way etc etc. All blissfully unaware Ole is nowhere near good enough and was presiding over a house of cards.

sugar_kane

Losing 5-0 at home to Liverpool is an absolute humiliation, one of which no manager should survive. I thought the pre Bruno Burnley loss was the lowest point but yesterday's result is far far worse. The coaching staff have been found out and ruthlessly exposed by most managers this season. Since July 2018 Carrick and McKenna have been coaching the first team which has since won nothing and saw the sacking of Mourinho. My fear is they sack Ole and leave Phelan in charge temporarily with these inept coaches still stealing a living.
It would be a travesty if that happened, it's documented that McKenna and Carrick run the coaching sessions. God knows what Phelan does, but you'd have to assume he has some level of input.

They're all culpable for what is happening now, if Ole goes they have to go too otherwise why even act at all?

SteveTheRed

At this point our top 4 is under threat. Arsenal are improving. Spurs are also playing better than us. We have a lot of tough fixtures ahead, we completely bottled the easy fixtures earlier in the season. This is like Jose's last season, but that was to be expected when Jose basically resigned himself in the summer due to disagreements with the board. He was on a self-destruct mission afterwards. Ole, I just don't think he has the ability. Last 2 seasons in the top 4 we've finished with incredibly low points -66 and 74. In most PL seasons that wouldn't even get you in 4th. The reality is if the Glazers persist with this, we'd be in big trouble.
Spurs aren't playing better than us , next weekend will just be whoever shits the bed least wins.

Top 4 is under direct threat, and I hope you're right and they make a move now but my view is that they will not make a move until it's too late. No chance anything happens before City game.

padzilla

Hipster
Thats a fecking c##t if you ask me.

No context, now he's in to claim he was spot on all along. Big time twat if you ask me
Ince is a contemptible individual - trying to get some currency out of our current malaise is typical of him.

RedDevilRoshi

Surely something must be happening behind the scenes? It’s been complete radio silence from the club today. No e-mails, no app notifications, literally not a peep. Even the PR guy that they have hasn’t posted anything.

shinpad

If Ogs is sacked i still don't think much will change without getting shut of a few bad apples. Some of the crowd could of played better than that.

padzilla

Hipster
Surely something must be happening behind the scenes? It’s been complete radio silence from the club today. No e-mails, no app notifications, literally not a peep. Even the PR guy that they have hasn’t posted anything.
They released a tweet saying Ole is focused on the next three games to turn things around - I hope that's not an endorsement but worrying in the absence of anything else.

Kaos

As sad as it is to admit it, I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of him being sacked with the same level of relief and jubilation as us confirming one of our signings. All we're missing is a Romano "here we go!" when the club are about to announce it :lol: :(

romufc

The moment PSG sacked Tuchel, Chelsea were making moves. Bayern already planned succession a year before a treble winning coach left. City planned for Pep before he had managed a game for Bayern. These are clubs that plan ahead and don't make sentimental decisions. We have let a raft of top progressive managers in their prime move clubs while we wallow in the pretence of stability
Won't surprise me if the board themselves don't know what they're going to do and didn't think of any contingency plan.
Even though I agree with the wider picture in that some of these clubs have a plan but what you have done here is highlight individual instances of planning.

Pep was hired 6 months not a year, he was announced in January and took over in June.

City hired alot of ex Barca management which helped them get Pep.

Also, if you say those clubs have plans ahead, Bayern thought ahead and thought theyll have 5 managers ? They went from Pep to Anchelotti, to Sagnol, to Heynkes, to Kovac, Flick to Nagglesman in 5 years.

Are you saying Chelsea had foresight that Tuchel will get sacked and one month from then they will sack Lampard?

Loony BoB

I'm generally okay with a long term plan rather than repeated sackings and rehiring. We clearly need some midfielders and I don't think any other manager is going to be any better than Ole right now until we get some seriously top drawer DMs - at the very least one of them. We've tried world class and even though we don't have the trophies, I'm way happier watching us play under Ole than any of the previous managers post-SAF. The big issue is not Ole, it's the midfield, and I don't think that's Ole's fault.

SAF lost 6-1 to City and City weren't as good as Liverpool are now. I didn't want SAF sacked then, either. I hate the Chelsea-style revolving door and I don't want to see it at our club. We've been getting better over time compared to other teams, in my opinion. This season has been pretty horrible I will admit, but I'm not ready to scapegoat Ole for the lack of DM yet. We could probably use a better defence coach, perhaps, but I actually enjoy us when we're attacking under Ole, which I couldn't say under anyone else since SAF.

I also have to say that when you're facing the likes of Klopp and Pep, you can't expect to win the league. We're not going to get either of those two as managers. They are exceptional managers. Ole has a better record against Pep than any other manager that has faced him at least four times, it should be noted. For those who have faced Pep more than four times, Klopp is next on the list, and we're not going to get him lined up. I don't think Ole is the problem. I think it's the midfield, and the level of talent of managers available to us. I think our buys this season have been good, I think Ole has the backing of the players (possible exception of Pogba, but Pogba wouldn't even listen to SAF and his agent is scum), I think our players in defence are capable and in attack are exceptional. The problem is midfield. Very confident in saying this. McTominay and Fred, whomsoever is picked, need to play alongside someone who is comfortable being a single pivot DM.

SuperiorXI

Do we honestly think the Board are going to sack him now? Not until it's mathematically impossible for top 4 or zero trophies. I'm sure he'll have that in the contract - by which the damage is already done.

They pay Ole 10m a year and he has 3 years left. Unless Ole decides to tear that up and walk away from £30m then he is here to try and "finish the job".
Anyone with a brain knows that that feat is next to impossible short of a miracle recovery which I have no faith Ole can produce. He's done. No logic in waiting.

We've just been absolutely massacred by a scouse team at home that didn't get out of third gear!

beer&grill

Thats a fecking c##t if you ask me.

No context, now he's in to claim he was spot on all along. Big time twat if you ask me
He was spot on all along though. I’m a lurker mostly, but there were a lot of us who thought he wasn’t good enough from the start, and were slaughtered and invited to support other teams. You are not so smug right now, are you?

croadyman

Today just proves that any kind of defeat to your bitterest rivals is totally acceptable, WOW we really have officially become Arsenal and that's sad to say in fact they are actually showing some signs of improvement in their last couple of games

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Damn. We’re too busy spending 2 years chasing our main transfer target and then not actually working out where he fits.

croadyman

Disgusting to see the No votes coming up probably due to people's acceptance we are totally fecked

RUCK4444

I'm generally okay with a long term plan rather than repeated sackings and rehiring. We clearly need some midfielders and I don't think any other manager is going to be any better than Ole right now until we get some seriously top drawer DMs - at the very least one of them. We've tried world class and even though we don't have the trophies, I'm way happier watching us play under Ole than any of the previous managers post-SAF. The big issue is not Ole, it's the midfield, and I don't think that's Ole's fault.

SAF lost 6-1 to City and City weren't as good as Liverpool are now. I didn't want SAF sacked then, either. I hate the Chelsea-style revolving door and I don't want to see it at our club. We've been getting better over time compared to other teams, in my opinion. This season has been pretty horrible I will admit, but I'm not ready to scapegoat Ole for the lack of DM yet. We could probably use a better defence coach, perhaps, but I actually enjoy us when we're attacking under Ole, which I couldn't say under anyone else since SAF.

I also have to say that when you're facing the likes of Klopp and Pep, you can't expect to win the league. We're not going to get either of those two as managers. They are exceptional managers. Ole has a better record against Pep than any other manager that has faced him at least four times, it should be noted. For those who have faced Pep more than four times, Klopp is next on the list, and we're not going to get him lined up. I don't think Ole is the problem. I think it's the midfield, and the level of talent of managers available to us. I think our buys this season have been good, I think Ole has the backing of the players (possible exception of Pogba, but Pogba wouldn't even listen to SAF and his agent is scum), I think our players in defence are capable and in attack are exceptional. The problem is midfield. Very confident in saying this. McTominay and Fred, whomsoever is picked, need to play alongside someone who is comfortable being a single pivot DM.
I admire your courage friend.

saivet

They released a tweet saying Ole is focused on the next three games to turn things around - I hope that's not an endorsement but worrying in the absence of anything else.

Those are comments from his post match press conference yesterday that they never posted. I wouldn't read it as an endorsement but rather something they delayed doing as a result of the bad result.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

You are entitled to your opinion, but to follow the logic of this post, you are essentially arguing that Ole is the 3rd best manager in the premier league and that he must also be better than all the managers in other European countries too. Our midfield may not be good enough currently to win the league, but better managers are currently doing a lot better than Ole with, on paper, far less talented / expensive squads. I'm not saying we should go for Rogers, but I would be willing to bet a sizeable sum of money that he would do better with this squad than Ole is doing.

When Ferguson's United lost 6-1 to City it was after 20+ years of unrivalled trophy winning, so pretty understandable that one result isn't going to change your view on Ferguson. Perhaps you mean instead the 5-1 at Maine road in the 1980's? In which case, your point stands up better.

RepardReece

Who wanted SAF sacked? That's a very different circumstance - Fergie is our most successful manager ever, Ole has failed to win anything as of yet and the performances have been tragic.

hobbers

At the very least if Arnold and the Glazers are meeting they should be starting to speak about contingency planning. Conte, Zidane, give it to giggsy until the summer. etc

the chameleon

Is that you Ole? Most delusional post at this point. Go support whoever Ole manages next.

padzilla

Hipster
I can honestly say I can't think of a single other PL club that would hire Solksjaer if his time with United ended this week.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Just a correction we were 3-1 down with 10 man and we decided to go for it and conceded 3 quick goals quite late. It was nothing like yesterday

Uniquim

so anyone credible suggesting that there could be a small chance of actual behind the scenes talk of a sacking?
"United are thought to be seriously considering Solskjær’s future after taking one point from their past four Premier League games. Joel Glazer, who heads the American family’s ownership, resides in Florida, five hours behind the UK, so any decision may be taken later on Monday. The managing director, Richard Arnold, is understood to have cancelled all appointments on Monday to hold talks with Glazer." - The Guardian

Edit: just seen that it was posted higher up. But yeah. Seems like the wheels may be in motion.

Witchking

You are comparing the 1-6 city loss to yesterday. Klopp lost big to Aston villa. Did anyone want him sacked?

Ole now needs better midfield players? Anyone other than klopp and pep who know about coaching will get more out of the players we have. You do not need a master DM to beat Everton and young boys and Aston villa. The whole post is smacking of "we need more players" when we can't seem to coach the ones we have properly.

AFC NimbleThumb

No other manager could beat one of Everton, Villa or Leicester with this current squad?

I’m genuinely baffled how after yesterday people are still marginalising this car crash he’s resided over.

rpg

Gone are the days of Fergie adjusting formation and tactics based on opponents. 4 managers in a row that are rigid and play their own thing week in and out and not even proficient at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.