Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexdegea

He was spot on all along though. I’m a lurker mostly, but there were a lot of us who thought he wasn’t good enough from the start, and were slaughtered and invited to support other teams. You are not so smug right now, are you?

He wasn't spot on at all..........stop rewriting history.

He said he do the same job, was wee buns, Ince is a horrendous manager. Least Ole had us decent in the league and hate to break it been our most consistent manager them 2 full seasons regarding league finishes. Ince one of the most unlikeable ex pros about, ego is huge, he have been hated, think he said Hughes and Bruce should have got it too :lol:

I haven't a clue what your last part is about. I've never seen you in my life, highly doubt I told you to go support another team, and I'm defo no smug person either. But judging by your lurking comeback you are reveling in it all at the moment. Must be so proud and happy that your team is doing so shite :lol:

Sanchez7

You are comparing the 1-6 city loss to yesterday. Klopp lost big to Aston villa. Did anyone want him sacked?

Ole now needs better midfield players? Anyone other than klopp and pep who know about coaching will get more out of the players we have. You do not need a matter DM to beat Everton and young boys and Aston villa. The whole post is smacking of "we need more players" when we can't seem to coach the ones we have properly.
The "we need more players" is just a never ending story. How long has that appropriately titled thread existed? Every summer we sign a player who is the supposed final piece of the jigsaw only to find we are lacking in another area. Yes, the midfield needs improvement but you could give Liverpool's midfielders to Ole and they wouldn't perform much better in our system or lack of.

Witchking

Gone are the days of Fergie adjusting formation and tactics based on opponents. 4 managers in a row that are rigid and play their own thing week in and out and not even proficient at it.
When Jose used to concentrate on the opponents, everyone in here used to cry about worrying about the opposition instead of looking at our own strengths. So the adjusting tactics of opponents is something Jose used to do and we used to dislike that.

Gordon Godot

' I'm generally okay with a long term plan rather than repeated sackings and rehiring. We clearly need some midfielders and I don't think any other manager is going to be any better than Ole right now until we get some seriously top drawer DMs '

I mean, seriously, WTF? So you drop Tuchel or Pep into this team and they cannot do any better? How did Tuchel transform Chelsea after the Lampard mess. And what exactly is the long term plan, as opposed to simply time? Tell me what the plan was yesterday, or for 3 years? Do we press or dont we, do we sit deep and break (initally yes, but cant play like a bottom half team forever), are we possession or lightning attacks? Do we have a well drilled defense (like Mou in his prime) and rely on forwards. Answer is its clear Ole has no idea. He''s literally like a kid with football manager, drop a worldie into every position and it will be fine. So £100m on Rice and we win the league? Really. No

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The briefings have started to the Manchester press pack.

I think that signals the end for Ole.

hobbers

I don't think any other manager is going to be any better than Ole right now until we get some seriously top drawer DMs
The big issue is not Ole, it's the midfield, and I don't think that's Ole's fault.
We've been getting better over time compared to other teams, in my opinion.
I also have to say that when you're facing the likes of Klopp and Pep, you can't expect to win the league.

What awful takes.

leon24

I'm generally okay with a long term plan rather than repeated sackings and rehiring. We clearly need some midfielders and I don't think any other manager is going to be any better than Ole right now until we get some seriously top drawer DMs - at the very least one of them. We've tried world class and even though we don't have the trophies, I'm way happier watching us play under Ole than any of the previous managers post-SAF. The big issue is not Ole, it's the midfield, and I don't think that's Ole's fault.

SAF lost 6-1 to City and City weren't as good as Liverpool are now. I didn't want SAF sacked then, either. I hate the Chelsea-style revolving door and I don't want to see it at our club. We've been getting better over time compared to other teams, in my opinion. This season has been pretty horrible I will admit, but I'm not ready to scapegoat Ole for the lack of DM yet. We could probably use a better defence coach, perhaps, but I actually enjoy us when we're attacking under Ole, which I couldn't say under anyone else since SAF.

I also have to say that when you're facing the likes of Klopp and Pep, you can't expect to win the league. We're not going to get either of those two as managers. They are exceptional managers. Ole has a better record against Pep than any other manager that has faced him at least four times, it should be noted. For those who have faced Pep more than four times, Klopp is next on the list, and we're not going to get him lined up. I don't think Ole is the problem. I think it's the midfield, and the level of talent of managers available to us. I think our buys this season have been good, I think Ole has the backing of the players (possible exception of Pogba, but Pogba wouldn't even listen to SAF and his agent is scum), I think our players in defence are capable and in attack are exceptional. The problem is midfield. Very confident in saying this. McTominay and Fred, whomsoever is picked, need to play alongside someone who is comfortable being a single pivot DM.
Football in general has evolved, just like in society. No longer is loyalty valued as much as capability.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This sad sack haven't even confirmed the open secret that Richard Arnold is the new CEO. Far be it for us to expect a managerial change in response to a derby loss in short time.

FatTails

When Jose used to concentrate on the opponents, everyone in here used to cry about worrying about the opposition instead of looking at our own strengths. So the adjusting tactics of opponents is something Jose used to do and we used to dislike that.
It’s a myth. LVG was not rigid either and changed things up quite a bit.

Blood Mage

so anyone credible suggesting that there could be a small chance of actual behind the scenes talk of a sacking?
There will have been behind the scenes discussions since the Everton draw IMO but they're dithering on when to pull the plug as usual. It will probably come after City put 5 past us in two weeks.

beer&grill

He wasn't spot on at all..........stop rewriting history.

He said he do the same job, was wee buns, Ince is a horrendous manager. Least Ole had us decent in the league and hate to break it been our most consistent manager them 2 full seasons regarding league finishes. Ince one of the most unlikeable ex pros about, ego is huge, he have been hated, think he said Hughes and Bruce should have got it too :lol:

I haven't a clue what your last part is about. I've never seen you in my life, highly doubt I told you to go support another team, and I'm defo no smug person either. But judging by your lurking comeback you are reveling in it all at the moment. Must be so proud and happy that your team is doing so shite :lol:
All the Ole outers had the club’s best interest at heart, so no, I’m not happy that my club is doing so shite. The cult were the ones who wanted Ole to succeed so bad at the expense of the club.

And I don’t know what relevance has the fact that I’m a lurker? Did I lie when I said that the most beloved reply of the cultists was “go support another team”? I don’t know if you particularly were saying these things, or if you were smug, but if my memory serves me well you were one of the faces of the cult.

Loony BoB

I admire your courage friend.
:D Thanks! I know it's a controversial opinion to show faith these days, which is a sad state of affairs in my opinion.
You are entitled to your opinion, but to follow the logic of this post, you are essentially arguing that Ole is the 3rd best manager in the premier league and that he must also be better than all the managers in other European countries too. Our midfield may not be good enough currently to win the league, but better managers are currently doing a lot better than Ole with, on paper, far less talented / expensive squads. I'm not saying we should go for Rogers, but I would be willing to bet a sizeable sum of money that he would do better with this squad than Ole is doing.

When Ferguson's United lost 6-1 to City it was after 20+ years of unrivalled trophy winning, so pretty understandable that one result isn't going to change your view on Ferguson. Perhaps you mean instead the 5-1 at Maine road in the 1980's? In which case, your point stands up better.
That's fair. I wasn't around for the 5-1 in the 80s. I've only been watching football since I moved to the UK in 2002 (I'm from NZ, where football was a very low priority sport at the time). Still been a solid United fan throughout, and will happily watch us play attacking football and coming in 2nd over playing sleep-inducing football and coming first. I'm not sure if that makes me a "true fan" in everyone's books, but I just can't stand watching dull football. Pep's tiki-taki never really was fun to watch either, for me. I do see great qualities in Klopp's football but I still prefer our current team when we're on the attack. I just think our defensive work is mid-table quality. I think our players are high grade in the back four (when Verane is fit) but the coaching needs to be better. SAF was always at his best when he had a fantastic defensive coach alongside him, it should be noted. I think it's really important.

I'm also not sure about Ole being better than all the managers outside the PL... quite frankly, I don't know enough about every single other league. But I do feel that Ole's long term plan, style of play and management style suits us far better than some other more successful managers. People are already voting down Conte in the other poll in this forum. Who else do we want to take? I'd love to see if there is a manager that the majority of people would actually vote in favourably. Not saying there isn't, just saying I'm not aware of any that might meet that criteria, which says a lot.
Who wanted SAF sacked? That's a very different circumstance - Fergie is our most successful manager ever, Ole has failed to win anything as of yet and the performances have been tragic.
Oh trust me, SAF was being called for the sack after he went three seasons without the title. It was all over the place. I don't think this forum goes that far back (as in, the current database), but if you look for it you'll find it. And I know it's not the same circumstance, definitely.
Is that you Ole? Most delusional post at this point. Go support whoever Ole manages next.
If you tell someone who supports your club to go away and support another club, you are not supporting your club. Think on that.
Just a correction we were 3-1 down with 10 man and we decided to go for it and conceded 3 quick goals quite late. It was nothing like yesterday
That's fair.

I'll stick to my guns on this one, but I know I tend to have faith in managers longer than the owners do, it's in my nature. Exception: Jose. Couldn't stand him. Awful person who never cared for our club, only himself. Also, his style of play was the worst I've seen at United, and that includes comparing with Moyes.

Schnappo

Momentum in the press is building pretty quickly in the past hour or so. Lots of things being reported from "sources in the dressing room". Ogden saying a lot of the team have lost faith in him but for the British core. It does feel like his sacking is going to happen very soon.

hobbers

The press momentum presumably based on what Ogden said - so far no response from the club about Ole's future.

Clearly they're going to set some sort of agenda in meetings today and then brief. Have a feeling they'll brief Ole's job is still safe later, but will probably be planning on sacking him in the international break assuming things dont improve.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s not going anywhere today unfortunately. Just strap yourselves in ladies and gents.

romufc

He’s not going anywhere today unfortunately. Just strap yourselves in ladies and gents.
I seem to think this too, I have a bad feeling that the club will give him next few games to try get out of it.

Flexdegea

All the Ole outers had the club’s best interest at heart, so no, I’m not happy that my club is doing so shite. The cult were the ones who wanted Ole to succeed so bad at the expense of the club.

And I don’t know what relevance has the fact that I’m a lurker? Did I lie when I said that the most beloved reply of the cultists was “go support another team”? I don’t know if you particularly were saying these things, or if you were smug, but if my memory serves me well you were one of the faces of the cult.
What the hell? :lol:

You calling folk smug but you decided to jump on and start commenting about folk saying this and that to you, but you are a lurker. You poor soul, must been tough times for you, folk like me tied to cult hurting your feeling :lol:

You also talking nonsense about you having the best interest of the club. I don't even know what that means. You seem the sort who seems to love being in a toxic state of crying about everything United related.

Last 2 seasons he got the club where they needed to be recording champs league etc, came up short on the trophy front, and at the moment we are miles of the pace, I don't think he is going to survive it. My only issue at the moment is we prob mess up the appointment if it was the happen.

I've backed the manager as I thought he done a good job, but i can't deny, been really bad management this season. Their is no delusion here at all, it's not a cult fs :lol:

United Hobbit

I seem to think this too, I have a bad feeling that the club will give him next few games to try get out of it.
Unfortunately I still think we are stuck with him but can't help the false feelings of hope

Trouble is, he he manages to get a couple of draws/ wins, he will get even more time before falling back into the inevitable slump, repeating the pattern that keeps happening

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Loving all the dissection of Ole's coaching from players pov going on in media today. Gives hope that things are moving in background to remove Ole soon.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I won't lie. Manchester United fans celebrating and cheering that Ole gets fired is going to hurt.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
William hill have Solskjær at 1/3 now to be the next manager to leave… zidane has also gone favourites above conte to take over.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I won't lie. Manchester United fans celebrating and cheering that Ole gets fired is going to hurt.
It's ripping off a bandage, that's all. Has to happen, needs to happen quickly. No one is taking personal jibes toward Ole and we will chant his name forever. He's just not the right man to manage the club, is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.