Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Romano saying Ole has lost the dressing room. No coming back from that.
After a humbling like that I wouldn't expect any player to be able to look at him in the same way again. I'm sure they all still like Ole on a personal level, but the professional respect and trust is long gone.

Thiagoal

Managing a serial winner and super strong personality like Ronaldo was always going to be a step too far for a novice manager like Ole. He clearly will not accept mediocrity and Ole is not strong enough to control him

Utd7

Feck me, Ten Hag? Have you lot learned absolutely fecking nothing in recent years. Tell me, which selection of you are regular Dutch league watchers? Who here has seen more than the odd 180 minutes of Ajax in the last 3 seasons in the CL? Or maybe you're all just avid Utrecht or Bayern reserve watchers? Let's have a quick run down of previous managers shall we?

Moyes - Gamble, inexperienced at elite PL level, no CL experience.
LVG - 20 years past his best at elite level
Mourinho - 5 years past his best at elite level
Solskjaer - Gamble, won trophies in a minor league and some European experience, inexperienced at elite PL level

Ten Hag - Gamble, won trophies in lesser leagues, some CL experience, inexperienced at elite PL level, done well at a club with a rigid system, first actual job at a big club. Has Overmars and Van Der Sar to hold his hand and build the squad for him.

Zidane and Conte, possibly even Pochettino, are available now or in the next few months. Managers in their prime who will win things and command respect, not only that, proven and have done so very recently.
This. I'm tired of the experiments. We need a proven manager who has won trophies and can handle the Old Trafford hot seat. Conte and Zidane are both proven. Conte even more so. He's genuinely world class and won the PL in his first season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The good thing about it potentially happening soon, is that it can't be Southgate.

Flytan

From photos of those usual trainings, all hugs, laughs and smiles.

actual match day, bunch of zombies roaming around the pitch.

got me thinking wtf they are doing in trainings.
I've been saying it for months that the reason everyone likes Ole (players) is because he doesn't make them work hard in training. It was just a feeling but it's clear the training sessions are lacking in something now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
My opinion. I don't enjoy Conte's football and his record with young/academy players is a disgrace. Furthermore, he's a bit of a tool. Zidane is a better candidate but his Madrid side often left me wondering how they won the game.
Personally, I want a system coach. A progressive coach with a clear identifiable way of playing. Something we can see the coach trying to work towards from day one.
I agree. Neither coach is it for me. Surely there’s a progressive coach out there who’ll nurture a super fit and aggressive style that doesn’t require superstars in every position

GMoore23

Conte is 1 of the world's top 3 coaches no doubt but we've just spent 3 years building a squad based on a back four. We should be looking to bring in a manager who can take this squad to the next level, not one who will be looking to overhaul things again for a back 5 setup.
It was the same thing going from Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho, We had to begin back at square 1 each time.

If we are to go for him though, I'll be looking forward to how he handles the divas at the club. Ole's way too nice and afraid to drop the big names. Conte on the other hand will be expecting nothing less than 110% from everyone at all times and if they're not up to it they can enjoy the bench no matter who they are. I love that style of management. No player is bigger than the club.

Last edited:

Utd7

This, not sure why he isn’t mentioned more often.
Would he leave the Spanish national team during WC qualifying? I just can't envision our board hiring someone like Enrique. He would be great. Ironically I can see him replacing Pep at city in 2023.

Flytan

Agreed. Despite Ole constantly bigging them up in the press its quite clear that Phelan et.al are not at the required level.

Lets just hope that Conte or whoever comes in insist on bringing their own backroom staff.
How can he bring in good backroom staff when he doesn't know any? He's never had a big job or a successful one, he doesn't have the connections to bring in smart coaches.

dmode

It was a tough defeat I get it… we lick our wounds and we move on as a team and take this result as our main motivation for not letting this ever happen again.

I love my team and I am very much hurt as you all.

Would be very silly to fire Ole at this point, we ALL failed against a much better side and we have to accept it!

It will be unacceptable to hear that LFC has made us again fire a coach.

Lynty

The biggest mistake Ole did imo was not getting a better team under himself. People who are better than him in training, tactics, etc. As a man manager I think he got everything and the players really like him and respect him.

Well, that did not happen and it’s time to act.
Ye - he really could of saved himself if he'd been more ruthless and less trusting in the backroom staff.

I mean, who recruited this set piece coach. What credentials did he have, as he's certainly not delivering at the minute.

Sviken

I agree. Neither coach is it for me. Surely there’s a progressive coach out there who’ll nurture a super fit and aggressive style that doesn’t require superstars in every position
Do you think those grow on trees? And what makes you think this "progressive" coach is gonna be successful here? Every appointment is a gamble. We should have never given Ole a new contract, or even the initial contract. Now we're stuck in a lose-lose situation regardless and we must look for those that have the most chance to deliver success here. Conte is the most likely, Zidane afterwards, then you have Rodgers. Every single one of them has flaws, there is not a manager who doesn't. Even when Liverpool appointed Klopp there were a lot of questions raised because Klopp failed spectacularly with Dortmund in his last season. If Conte fails, we move on to the next manager. But we need to act. If we don't, we're going to be in a lot of trouble.

FatTails

This, not sure why he isn’t mentioned more often.
The thinking is, and it is probably true, that he’s taken an aging and waning Spain and built something special and well-drilled, really against the odds, which means he will want to see it through to the World Cup when it is so close now.

That’s fair enough, but you never know. We should talk to him and see if we can persuade him. Spain for me looked like the best coached side at the Euros, dominating games and creating chances for fun (admittedly often failing to convert them but that’s more of a individuals problem).

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd wait until after the City game at least before bringing someone in. The mood would be even worse if we get pumped by them with a new manager in.
I think the fans will give some leeway for this period of games. Besides, I can't see a Conte team, if it is Conte, getting humiliated in the same way. Picture us sticking with Ole, stumbling or losing against Spurs and Atalanta and then getting humiliated by City, the fans will tear the stadium down. People want to see action. The booing, walking out from the stadium...the fans have spoken.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Feck me, Ten Hag? Have you lot learned absolutely fecking nothing in recent years.
Heh - no.

He'd be a huge, huge gamble.

If Ole is sacked tomorrow, the only ones people keep talking about who are realistic * options (other than another caretaker, that is) are Conte and Zidane.

The latter - does he even speak English beyond basic phrases? Is there any actual indication that he'd be interested in the job at all?

The former - plausible candidate, sure. I think he might be interested too. Many will hate the idea - but, again, it's plausible in more than one way.

* Not the right term. I mean for me - what may be realistic options for the owners is another kettle altogether.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The biggest mistake Ole did imo was not getting a better team under himself. People who are better than him in training, tactics, etc. As a man manager I think he got everything and the players really like him and respect him.

Well, that did not happen and it’s time to act.
Definitely this. Some of us have been saying it for long time as well.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It was a tough defeat I get it… we lick our wounds and we move on as a team and take this result as our main motivation for not letting this ever happen again.

Would be very silly to fire Ole at this point, we ALL failed against a much better side and we have to accept it!
WUM?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Uh oh

This sounds awful but nothing different to our current understanding of the club/company.

What's interesting is if the rumour from a few weeks ago that Arnold won't be in charge of footballing decisions (the same way Woodward was), turns out to be true.

Not that I trust the other footballing people at the club - Fletcher and Murtough - to be much better but it's somewhat of an improvement.

LARulz

Uh oh

Problem in hiring a new manager but that doesn't mean he is stupid and wouldn't sack Ole. The club is a business and these guys are in charge of making it money and keeping it at the top - they know for a fact Ole is now diving head first to the ground after getting us up a bit

Ixion

Feck me, Ten Hag? Have you lot learned absolutely fecking nothing in recent years. Tell me, which selection of you are regular Dutch league watchers? Who here has seen more than the odd 180 minutes of Ajax in the last 3 seasons in the CL? Or maybe you're all just avid Utrecht or Bayern reserve watchers? Let's have a quick run down of previous managers shall we?

Moyes - Gamble, inexperienced at elite PL level, no CL experience.
LVG - 20 years past his best at elite level
Mourinho - 5 years past his best at elite level
Solskjaer - Gamble, won trophies in a minor league and some European experience, inexperienced at elite PL level

Ten Hag - Gamble, won trophies in lesser leagues, some CL experience, inexperienced at elite PL level, done well at a club with a rigid system, first actual job at a big club. Has Overmars and Van Der Sar to hold his hand and build the squad for him.

Zidane and Conte, possibly even Pochettino, are available now or in the next few months. Managers in their prime who will win things and command respect, not only that, proven and have done so very recently.
You either jump on the managerial merry-go-round and get the likes of Conte for a couple of seasons and operate like Chelsea do or you have to take a gamble on someone. I don't think you can use the gambles on Moyes and Solskjaer as proof it wont work as neither were hired because of their amazing CVs but rather because one was Scottish and one was a great player for us and we needed the feel good appointment. Ten Hag may very well not work but if you're too scared to ever try those candidates out you'll just be stuck with the mercenary managers.

crossy1686

career ending
Stop dithering and considering - sack him today.
There's probably a lot to put in place. logistically.

- Who goes? Coaching staff also or just manager?
- What do the players think? Are they happy?
- How do they lift the squad after a sacking?
- Setting up meetings with potential managers
- Speaking to the LMA regarding Ole's sacking and getting the all clear
- Who takes training tomorrow?

Sackings aren't just the removal of one person, you have to delegate their workload until the position is filled again.

Sviken

One failed manager standing up for another.
Maybe lil' Gary can take Ole as Salford's manager if he is so in love with him... The absolute twat. Can't believe I'm hating on a player who contributed to the success here, but he is an absolute clown through and through. Never should commentate on anything United related ever again.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
How can he bring in good backroom staff when he doesn't know any? He's never had a big job or a successful one, he doesn't have the connections to bring in smart coaches.
Does he need to know them personally?

The club is a pretty big organization besides just the manager. Pretty sure it would have been quite easy to find some competent coaches if we wanted to

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stop being crybabies… you don’t deserve the team.
Nothing will wind up this terrible defeat!
You're right, we don't deserve a side that loses 5-0 at home to Liverpool.

Bratt

It will be unacceptable to hear that LFC has made us again fire a coach.
But why did we fail against a much better side?
If you’re saying Liverpool have much better players (I don’t think they have), fair enough.
But if you’re thinking we list to a much better managed side (I think so), firing Ole is the only right thing to do.

el3mel

Please let me wake up tomorrow on some beautiful news that he's gone. We are so close now.

crossy1686

career ending
You either jump on the managerial merry-go-round and get the likes of Conte for a couple of seasons and operate like Chelsea do or you have to take a gamble on someone. I don't think you can use the gambles on Moyes and Solskjaer as proof it wont work as neither were hired because of their amazing CVs but rather because one was Scottish and one was a great player for us and we needed the feel good appointment. Ten Hag may very well not work but if you're too scared to ever try those candidates out you'll just be stuck with the mercenary managers.
How do you know Ten Hag wouldn't be a mercenary manager and feck off to Real Madrid if they came knocking? Or maybe Barcelona when they sort their shit out. If you want the best staff you have to pay them well. If they come and only stay for a few seasons then so be it, at least the coaching staff will have actually learned something from a manager that has genuine experience at a top level and not some bloke who has managed at a lower level than they train at.

Status
Not open for further replies.