• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
And again the glazers showing that they dont even care. There is no way you can loose to your biggest rival 5:0 at home and still be in a Job. This is going to be the worst result in my lifetime. I Hope so atleast
Somebody should have told Busby that. Ferguson too. You’ll throw a lot of babies out with the bathwater with that mindset.

L1nk

I'm sorry but, Samuel Luckhurst is right, all respect to the great man of course but this looks ridiculous, there to "protect" Ole? What the hell is going on at this club, why are we protecting people who just are not good enough, plain and simple, people would rather see us rot aslong as we have the United DNA

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not really. I am just saying that Chelsea had a shitter manager than us, so finished below us. The moment they upgraded him, they looked far better than us, got more points than us and won the UCL. This season that they have not a shit manager, they are first in the table.

The other teams had those extra games too.

We are under normal circumstances this season. Last time I checked, we are not winning 2-3 more games.
We were talking about last season, not this.
And yes that’s why other teams also had less points than in previous seasons, as it was a very challenging season for every club.

el3mel

Since when SAF's opinion is the manager mattered for the board? Pretty sure he was backing Moyes in public and he was still sacked.

humdinger

You can't imagine we've been caught totally cold by Sunday. There must have been a few talks about options and talks with different managers before hand surely.

It might take a bit of time to get the right manager in, and signed up, but that doesn't mean we should just write off the next few games.
This is what scares me, all the noise suggests the club are shocked and had no plans for life after Solskjaer. Our long term planning is dreadful, we always knew that, but it seems we didn't even have a plan this time.

hobbers

So the board decide that they need to give Ole more rope to hang himself. While they tap up other managers. And the players unleash a wave of toxic hell in the press.

And they think getting SAF back in to give a rousing speech will suddenly undo all of that, and the players will magically start believing in Ole?

el3mel

He was given the next 3 games to save his job. :lol: I swear it feels like we are sacking the best manager in the world with all this hesitation and second chances, and not one of the worst managers we have had in modern times.

SuperiorXI

I'm hearing about Fergie, Gill and splits in the board room... WHO is in charge at this club? WHO is going to make the decisions? It's all over the place... why are the owners influenced so much? Just make your own fecking decisions, you are the owners.

Sounds like a house of commons type meeting is going on. Should we invite the Class of 92 as well?

red4ever 79

So let me get this right. SAF has turned up to Carrington to give a rousing come to arms speech. Is Ole not able to do this himself? Jesus wept please sack him today. He cant coach, he cant organise tactically, and now seemingly cant motivate

padzilla

Hipster
Feck me we are really looking to the future aren't we? Ron Atkinson will be taking training next.

el3mel

If he isn't sacked for losing 5-0 to Liverpool at home he will never get sacked.

He will get the end of the season, secures top 4 in last few weeks and get a new ten years contract.

Might as well give up as we are a hopeless case.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I bet Fergie enjoys situation where, 8 and a half years since he retired, not one manager brought us real success. Makes him look even bigger.

Ole either wins next 3 games and stays, or loses to Spurs and gets sacked after that game or after City if they are to take more time to find a replacement. Either way, after 5-0 home loss, players reportedly being unhappy with manager and his staff, we're not winning 3 games in a row, even if was 3 easier opponents. City could trash us the way Liverpool did.
I humbly point to the fact that we’ve been expected to muller you in every derby for the last few years, but you’ve done very well against us.
It seems to me that Ole’s got Pep sussed and I don’t see that being different in the 12:30 kick off on the 6th of November where I anticipate you playing a low block and counter attacking with hoof ball.
That kind of game fits well with the strengths of your squad and your problem v the dippers was that you tried to press but were pretty damn useless at it with Ronaldo only breaking sweat once in 90 minutes, to assault a player on the deck.

pseudo_canadian

If he isn't sacked for losing 5-0 to Liverpool at home he will never get sacked.

He will get the end of the season, secures top 4 in last few weeks and get a new ten years contract.

Might as well give up as we are a hopeless case.
Liquidate the club, etc.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Seriously,
what "cultural reboot" , what DNA, what other crap etc.

Come on man, this is year 2021, 2022 soon.

Win games and trophies, win you $ and reputation.

Scrap 4th position every year and say bye to cup competitions will not win you $ and reputation.

Yeah, this is their "cultural" and "DNA".

Still dreaming of a romantic ending where a former player wins the EPL and CL for his club.
Yeah dream on.

kps88

I feel like the club are stalling and giving themselves more time to be sure about the replacement.

Enigma_87

You know who
Annual transfer fee inflation sits around 24%

Mufc currently sits at around 55% I believe of income paid in salaries, expected to go to 60% (this is not a awful number)

Managers dont have say in transfer fees or salaries
It's odd that some use this spade to beat Jose with and excuse Ole for having players on enormous wages. I guess doesn't fit the narrative.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Dearie me…

Hopefully Ferguson is only there to help Solskjaer clear out the manager’s office before a competent one arrives.

Incredible how an institution as mammoth as United’s is still stuck in an endless cycle of nostalgia, sentimentality and misplaced ‘culture’. Even the Scousers aren’t this mawkish and that’s saying a hell of a lot.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm hearing about Fergie, Gill and splits in the board room... WHO is in charge at this club? WHO is going to make the decisions? It's all over the place... why are the owners influenced so much? Just make your own fecking decisions, you are the owners.

Sounds like a house of commons type meeting is going on. Should we invite the Class of 92 as well?
That’s what boards are for

Infestissumam

honestly, this makes the 5-0 loss even worse for me. If it had led to a managerial change, the loss would have at least had some good since we could have started over. But that game to happen only to have the same manager going forward is pretty fecking depressing.

I guess we'll somehow eke out a good result against Tottenham or Atalanta and pet ourselves on the back for sticking with Ole. Then City will take us behind the woodshed like Liverpool did and we're back to square one, having wasted two weeks.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
You heard something or based on reports?
based on reports.
3 games to save his job....I've never heard something so ridiculous. So he wins the next 3 then loses to Chelsea. What then? Another 3 chances? It's Man Utd not a game of snakes and ladders!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surprised no one has picked up on the Pogba thing
Not particularly surprising, tbf is it? He’s between positions and between places under Ole. Why would he stay under a manager who isn’t sure if he wants him or not himself?

lsd

The Oracle
I'm sure Pogba is looking forward to Sir Alex giving the team a talk

pseudo_canadian

Dearie me…

Hopefully Ferguson is only there to help Solskjaer clear out the manager’s office before a competent one arrives.

Incredible how an institution as mammoth as United’s is still stuck in an endless cycle of nostalgia, sentimentality and misplaced ‘culture’. Even the Scousers aren’t this mawkish and that’s saying a hell of a lot.
It’s really quite amateurish and exactly why the club has stagnated ever since SAF retired.

Not sure what needs to happen/will happen that will get the club to stop living in the past and start running things like a 21st century football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.