Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

norm87cro

Voted time for a change but the problem with two determined answers in a structural pool is that they give permanent answers. Meaning they sway the public and steer their opinion into a certain direction. I'm sure that a number of United fans (like myself) think that Ole should be sacked by the end of the season and this type of pool just feeds the agenda of the hard core OLEout brigade (prehaps not even caring who replaces him or not thinking it through) that seem to be desperate after the Liverpool trashing. The WHEN and WHO questions are much more important than Ole's sacking. Give us a pool on when (now or the end of the season) and who (Zidane, Conte, Poch, Rodgers, Ten Hag or somebody else) and I am certain we would get more diverse answers to this tricky and vital question for our club.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
You think only the owners would be like this? Half of this forum as reactionary as it is will start screaming Carricks at the wheel and begging for him to get the appointment because he just "gets United"
Very true mate.

Matt851

If we get conte in now we would have an outside chance of a big trophy this season and would be proper challengers next season. We will probably get rid of him next season and then spend all that season in transition under a manager inferior to conte

Lecland07

Voted time for a change but the problem with two determined answers in a structural pool is that they give permanent answers. Meaning they sway the public and steer their opinion into a certain direction. I'm sure that a number of United fans (like myself) think that Ole should be sacked by the end of the season and this type of pool just feeds the agenda of the hard core OLEout brigade (prehaps not even caring who replaces him or not thinking it through) that seems to be desperate after the Liverpool trashing. The WHEN and WHO questions are much more important than Ole's sacking. Give us a pool on when (now or the end of the season) and who (Zidane, Conte, Poch, Rodgers, Ten Hag or somebody else) and I am certain we would get more diverse answers to this tricky and vital question for our club.
You are right about getting the right manager, but you won't know who the right manager is until you give them a chance. The problem with this idea of sticking with Solskjaer until the end of the season is that your opportunities become more limited. Who said a manager is willing to sit around for you to make a decision?

Sticking with Solskjaer has cost us quite a few opportunities already. I am not saying we would have got them, but by keeping Solskjaer in the role we have lost out on the opportunity of even trying for these managers: Tuchel, Conte (seems to be Tottenham bound), Nagelsmann, and Flick. Now, they might have ended up where they went, anyway, but at least we would have had an opportunity of trying to get them. As it is, this idea of keeping Solskjaer could just cost us more opportunities in the future.

I do not think it is necessary to sign the new permanent manager at this instance, so long as negotiations are going on. But we don't know if anything is going on, and so people will, understandably, believe we are sticking with Solskjaer. This is another reason why it is best to move on, and appoint a caretaker (one you will actually let go this time), as the negativity will just continue because it is quite clearly not working. If people knew we had a caretaker and were seeking to make Ten Hag etc. permanent manager in the summer, the negativity around the club will reduce massively.

I think this is why sticking with Solskjaer is ill-advised.

Reactions: Sultan

Ixion

When LVG left for half the season it was reported he was getting the sack, he had to deal with the press asking about, knowing Jose would come in no matter what, and we all knew he was a dead man walking. That was not conducive to a stable team and was a terrible way to treat a good man. Prolonging Ole's tenure when after every single defeat people are going to be calling for his head and for the rest of the season we'll be getting linked with Poch or whoever is no different.

laughtersassassin

Takes 1 win to impress them and a impossible amount of losses to be fired.

Definition of Stupidity that.

If Ole uses 352 going forward it means his vision for the team completely failed.

He spent hundreds of millions building a team that plays 4 attackers....

USREDEVIL

If Ole uses 352 going forward it means his vision for the team completely failed.

If you have ever supported a poor team you'll know this is what it looks like. If you actually win a fecking game it's party time. Yikes!

laughtersassassin

If you have ever supported a poor team you'll know this is what it looks like. If you actually win a fecking game it's party time. Yikes!
See and that makes a tiny amount of sense at a team that is expected to lose more than win.

But at United beating the likes of Spurs as they are now and Atalanta really shouldn't earn Ole much of any credit in the context of how the season is going.

We have seen all we need to see to let Ole go

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

We are in a state. Sad to see us like this.

Flytan

I'm confused. I thought SAF was staying away from the first team and everything to do with it? This is literally the spongebob "we did it patrick, we saved the city meme" with everything burning.

ShinjiNinja26

Unbelievable.:houllier:

If they were that impressed then why the feck are they so against Conte the guy who’s a master of that formation and a proven winner? Are they scared he’d force them into actually showing the ambition a club of this stature should have? If that’s true then we really are fecked.

frostbite

Voted time for a change but the problem with two determined answers in a structural pool is that they give permanent answers. Meaning they sway the public and steer their opinion into a certain direction. I'm sure that a number of United fans (like myself) think that Ole should be sacked by the end of the season and this type of pool just feeds the agenda of the hard core OLEout brigade (prehaps not even caring who replaces him or not thinking it through) that seem to be desperate after the Liverpool trashing. The WHEN and WHO questions are much more important than Ole's sacking. Give us a pool on when (now or the end of the season) and who (Zidane, Conte, Poch, Rodgers, Ten Hag or somebody else) and I am certain we would get more diverse answers to this tricky and vital question for our club.
It makes no sense to decide now to sack Ole at the end of the season. What if he wins the treble? Yes, I know that it will not happen, but theoretically it is still possible. So, you basically do not decide anything now, but you postpone the decision to the end of the season.

Even if all trophies are lost, it is not a good idea to keep the manager till the end of the season if you have decided to sack him in May. This is the same as relegating a permanent manager to a caretaking manager. This is not a healthy situation. Either the owner will tell the manager that he will certainly be fired at the end of the season, or they will keep lying to him for a long time that his position is safe and let him plan for the summer in vain. Either situation is terrible, I think that most managers will be offended with either option. It is much better to just sack the manager now and hire a caretaker.

laughtersassassin

Unbelievable.:houllier:

If they were that impressed then why the feck are they so against Conte the guy who’s a master of that formation and a proven winner? Are they scared he’d force them into actually showing the ambition a club of this stature should have? If that’s true then we really are fecked.
Exactly. Ole built a team for 4231. He can't win with it so has no switched.

Essentially he is getting to start a new project after his last one failed.

Why didn't we give any of our other managers this much slack

Never hire a club legend again because everyone is burying their heads in the sand to the entire clubs detriment!

laughtersassassin

It makes no sense to decide now to sack Ole at the end of the season. What if he wins the treble? Yes, I know that it will not happen, but theoretically it is still possible. So, you basically do not decide anything now, but you postpone the decision to the end of the season.

Even if all trophies are lost, it is not a good idea to keep the manager till the end of the season if you have decided to sack him in May. This is the same as relegating a permanent manager to a caretaking manager. This is not a healthy situation. Either the owner will tell the manager that he will certainly be fired at the end of the season, or they will keep lying to him for a long time that his position is safe and let him plan for the summer in vain. Either situation is terrible, I think that most managers will be offended with either option. It is much better to just sack the manager now and hire a caretaker.
Exactly You sack Ole now because that's what makes the most sense. Years of managerial sackings have almost always shown keeping a manager as frivolous

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So he will stay on till the end of the season now that there are no options available.

What if we lose to City badly this weekend?
We'll back 5 like every time we play Pep and win the game like we normally do when we play Pep. Pep.

Chairman Steve

I hope that tweet isnt true or at very least embellished. One win against a very underperforming team and the world is great again?

Ignorance is fecking bliss at the Utd management it seems.

FatTails

Did they have cake? Such big occasions and landmark victories need cake.

BootsyCollins

I really really really dont want this to be true. If this is where we at we will never progress and slowly sink in to the abyss of mediocricy.

Chip

Exactly. Reeks of backslapping, low standards, and borderline nepotism. Hope it’s not true.

Ixion

Did they have cake? Such big occasions and landmark victories need cake.
Reminds me of Roy Hodgson at Liverpool

"Today was a famous victory because we hadn't won more than once away in the whole of 2010," Roy Hodgson said to Sky Sports after a 1-0 win for Liverpool at Bolton that lifted them to a heady 12th place.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Getting more and more convinced it's an old boys club these days. Keep the lads you know in jobs by all means necessary.

PieCrust

We beat a terrible Spurs team by setting up shop with 7 defenders and hoping the 3 world class attackers could make some magic on the counter. Much wow. Such tactical brilliance. Better extend Ole another 3 years after that master class.

croadyman

Absolutely certain he won't be sacked this season no matter the results once Spurs take Conte off the table

hobbers

I really really really dont want this to be true. If this is where we at we will never progress and slowly sink in to the abyss of mediocricy.
Falling into all the same traps that we laughed at Liverpool for.

Sad but predictable.

jem

It’s a joke. Ole is an absolute fraud of a manager and one win over an abject Spurs side does nothing to change that, however much Ole grins triumphantly and makes hollow statements at press conferences.

Eddy_JukeZ

Wouldn't be surprised if that tweet is true.

We're going nowhere this season and probably next season.

We actually need someone to come in with fresh ideas to get rid of all this nepotism at the club.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Oh my God. We are doomed. Literally I mean it.

croadyman

When LVG left for half the season it was reported he was getting the sack, he had to deal with the press asking about, knowing Jose would come in no matter what, and we all knew he was a dead man walking. That was not conducive to a stable team and was a terrible way to treat a good man. Prolonging Ole's tenure when after every single defeat people are going to be calling for his head and for the rest of the season we'll be getting linked with Poch or whoever is no different.
Yeah was just saying to someone on Facebook this is just like that 15/16 season under LVG when he somehow survived that utterly diabolical December where we lost at home to Norwich along with losing at Bournemouth & Stoke too

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's fake for god sake, not in the podcast at all
Please tell me you're not lying. Because that sort of stuff just confirms all the criticism of the club and it's ambitions. Deep down we all hope to be wrong, but this would just confirm that we have zero ambition, no standards and are just happy to have an ex player in charge and capable of winning a game with possibly the best squad in the league.

vivaronaldo

Wouldn't be surprised if that tweet is true.

We're going nowhere this season and probably next season.

We actually need someone to come in with fresh ideas to get rid of all this nepotism at the club.
sad state of affairs...lets be honest , is there one manager that truly fears ole ... the guy relies on an ipad for ffs

glazers have shown that as long as a yes man is in there , and the match day fans chant his name , he's going nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.