Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Top 4 is absolutely not a certainty as we are currently looking at a 57 point finish based on league results over this period, which would get us 7th-11th based on previous three seasons. Ironically this was the point tally we were on after 34 games when Moyes was sacked in April 14.
Based on last season's league table we're currently on course to finish 9th. With the same points that Leeds finished with.

Absolutely appalling for a club that just finished second, as Ole tells us every time someone asks him a question about anything, and then signed Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane.

WPMUFC

From a fan perspective, i've stated before that Conte was not my choice. I don't want him. However i don't run the club and the fanbase would have to suck it up, and will have to suck it up when the caretaker takes over.
But for a club to brief the media that "Ole gets another shot against spurs" and now we are back in "crisis mode" a week later....what the flap are they playing at? If Conte was THE man....then sack Ole and flapping hire Conte. If i see a report come out that "United wanted to get Conte" i'll flapping throw my computer in the bin. If they genuinely thought the Spurs match was a turning point....they have lost their minds.

Ole is so lost that he has Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes in his squad, yet he's reverted to 7-1-2 with literally no wide play against a team with no strikers. He has unwavering faith in Mcfred which could not control a football, let alone a midfield and has done this with a squad that was PURPOSE BUILT for wide, counter attacking football.

I have no idea who comes in, but i'll take top 10 finish at this rate.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
From a fan perspective, i've stated before that Conte was not my choice. I don't want him. However i don't run the club and the fanbase would have to suck it up, and will have to suck it up when the caretaker takes over.
But for a club to brief the media that "Ole gets another shot against spurs" and now we are back in "crisis mode" a week later....what the flap are they playing at? If Conte was THE man....then sack Ole and flapping hire Conte. If i see a report come out that "United wanted to get Conte" i'll flapping throw my computer in the bin. If they genuinely thought the Spurs match was a turning point....they have lost their minds.

Ole is so lost that he has Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes in his squad, yet he's reverted to 7-1-2 with literally no wide play against a team with no strikers. He has unwavering faith in Mcfred which could not control a football, let alone a midfield and has done this with a squad that was PURPOSE BUILT for wide, counter attacking football.

I have no idea who comes in, but i'll take top 10 finish at this rate.
And Conte could've been got on an 18 month contract. Nothing long-term.

It's beyond infuriating.

WPMUFC

He chased Sancho for 2 full years, has an attacking line up of Ronaldo, Rashford, Fernandes, Sancho and decides to play 7-1-2 because he got smashed by Liverpool. With 7-1-2, City scored from bog standard crosses and probably could've scored 5 in 20 minutes without a striker.

He is drowning.

He chased Sancho for 2 full years, has an attacking line up of Ronaldo, Rashford, Fernandes, Sancho and decides to play 7-1-2 because he got smashed by Liverpool. With 7-1-2, City scored from bog standard crosses and probably could've scored 5 in 20 minutes without a striker.

He is drowning.
There’s little change from other seasons, just less luck.
Let’s not forget this is the manager who went 5 at the back with 2 DM’s versus Leipzig in a crucial CL tie and was down 2-0 after 15 minutes. He’s an absolutely terrible manager at this level and appears to never learn his lesson.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What's "get the club"?? Not hiring old players like ROnaldo and Cavani, or developing our own players instead of buying ready made one like "Varane"?? winning trophies? play exciting football??

Even Dalglish would "get United" if you pay him enough.
Of course but we have some absurd romantic notion that recreating SAF's greatness using Chinese knock offs is the way to greatness rather than ordinal modern thought and excellence. You reap what you sow and all that.

amolbhatia50k

He is drowning.
If I didn't support United I'd probably find all of this absolutely hilarious

amolbhatia50k

This is one of the reasons why although we are one of the world's biggest football clubs but will always find it tough to be a winning machine like Madrid who are less reliant on all time great genius managers like SMB and SAF creating an era greatness. We simply do not demand excellence. As a fan base, as a football club.

I Am Zlatan

Let’s not forget this is the manager who went 5 at the back with 2 DM’s versus Leipzig in a crucial CL tie and was down 2-0 after 15 minutes. He’s an absolutely terrible manager at this level and appears to never learn his lesson.
This.. In fact not much has changed since he started, except when we bought Bruno, we started seeing more moments of brilliance, and Mason kicked on, other than that, not much changed tactically. This season, with the squad we have now, and us finishing second somehow last season elevated the expectations, so he tried to switch things around a little to meet the expectations, and has failed miserably and been nothing short of embarrassing. It’s like he’s caught in between, when plays like the previous seasons, the luck is not on our side as much anymore, so our wins dried, and the 20% of times he try’s to switch it up, he fails.

TsuWave

Your man is a c##t.....can't believe folk sharing this shit like it Is interesting
who’s “your man”? all I know about the guy is he works for talksport. they are clickbaity nonsense in general, that doesn’t inherently make them incapable of stating true things however. I happen to be in alignment with the statement in the tweet thus I posted it.

Ludens the Red

I used to oppose this opinion and thought he was just average. But the more I reflect on this city game, the set up, the length of time it took to change it, these kind of decisions wouldn’t even be made by an average manager. It’s absolutely shocking that we set up today like that. I’m getting more angry thinking back at it. He knew city don’t play with a centre forward yet he went with a back three. He knows we have hurt city on the break with pace and he played zero pace in the team today. If this shit was going on with Mourinho there’d be riots.

Dansk

So far the board say nothing
Well, they wouldn't be saying anything even if they were actively in the process of writing up his termination papers. It's not as if board members loiter outside the stadium after the game, giving interviews about how strongly they're considering sacking the manager.

Yakuza_devils

Well, they wouldn't be saying anything even if they were actively in the process of writing up his termination papers. It's not as if board members loiter outside the stadium after the game, giving interviews about how strongly they're considering sacking the manager.
Usually we will hear a lot of very strong "leak" to the press/credible sources if the manager going to be sacked soon.

r0663664

Worships Man City
As a legend once you hear most fans booing, you should know your time is up. There is no point hanging for your dear life to manage Utd. You are romantic appointment and you did well for the last few due to many reason. Time is up, Ole should submit his resignation today. Leave with your head up knowing that you have reach your maximum level. Stop deluding yourself that you are the level of Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. Go back to your comfort zone where expectation is low.

hobbers

Usually we will hear a lot of very strong "leak" to the press/credible sources if the manager going to be sacked soon.
To be fair you’ll hear a torrent of briefs if/when the board want to assert Ole is safe for now.

Think it’s likely the lazy spineless feckers will wait until Monday and have another little zoom meeting with Joel. And it’ll probably be all on Joel to overrule the clueless bankers. Either way I think we’ll hear a wave of briefings Monday night.

Foxbatt

He could offer to resign if they will give him a pay off. That will save some goodwill with the fans at least. Mutual agreement or something like that.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
I used to oppose this opinion and thought he was just average. But the more I reflect on this city game, the set up, the length of time it took to change it, these kind of decisions wouldn’t even be made by an average manager. It’s absolutely shocking that we set up today like that. I’m getting more angry thinking back at it. He knew city don’t play with a centre forward yet he went with a back three. He knows we have hurt city on the break with pace and he played zero pace in the team today. If this shit was going on with Mourinho there’d be riots.
Yesterday’s setup was criminal. As you said, everyone knows that City plays without aCF, still we played 3 at the back. City’s wide players are their biggest attacking threat and so united wingers had to defend most of the time effectively making it 5 at the back all the time. And then, along with the 2 DM’s, even Bruno had to come deep to cover the holes in midfield which totally isolated Ronaldo at front.

With Jose at least we knew what to expect. But this guy keeps on boasting this United DNA crap every time and then sets up his team more defensive than Jose. Also, Jose had a much much worse team with Jones, Smalling, Young, Valencia, Bailly and Darmian as his defenders. In hindsight, I am not blaming him now for setting up team defensively with those defenders.

Ole simply has no tactical awareness, I even doubt he understands any of these. He was extremely lucky and the star players saved him so far. How can a club of United’s level accept this mediocrity is beyond my understanding… Just pathetic, shameful and utterly disgraceful

Last edited:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We are still employing the otherwise unemployable "manager" who wouldn't get a Championship gig if he paid for it. We deserve worse ignominy than AC Milan.

Red Star One

If it was any other manager, indeed I can’t believe anyone would clap after the disgrace of second half. He has forfeited the game and his plan was not to try to come back, but only to minimize the damage in order to save his job. Ole before the club. Absolutely despicable

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He could offer to resign if they will give him a pay off. That will save some goodwill with the fans at least. Mutual agreement or something like that.
Never underestimate ego of elite sportsperson. Ole, i dont think will ever give up the dream of managing United. This opportunity is once in a lifetime for him.

Unfortunately if we have to cut ties, it will be through sacking. They will release statement as mutual consent but Ole will not resign. I think this expectation is not fair also.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yesterday’s setup was criminal. As you said, everyone knows that City plays without aCF, still we played 3 at the back. City’s wide players are their biggest attacking threat and so united wingers had to defend most of the time effectively making it 5 at the back all the time. And then, along with the 2 DM’s, even Bruno had to come deep to cover the holes in midfield which totally isolated Ronaldo at front.

With Jose at least we knew what to expect. But this guy keeps on boasting this United DNA crap every time and then sets up his team more defensive than Jose. Also, Jose had a much much worse team with Jones, Smalling, Young, Valencia, Bailly and Darmian as his defenders. In hindsight, I am not blaming him now for setting up team defensively with those defenders.

Ole simply has no tactical awareness, I even doubt he understands any of these. He was extremely lucky and the star players saved him so far. How can a club of United’s level accept this mediocrity is beyond my understanding… Just pathetic, shameful and utterly disgraceful
Somehow turn this into praising Jose, typical :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can't believe there is no news on him getting sacked or any leaks. After the defeat against Liverpool it was full of dressing room leaks. Also few journalists reported that he gets 3 games, 2 of them were shit.

Hopefully we won't mess up one more season.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Never underestimate ego of elite sportsperson. Ole, i dont think will ever give up the dream of managing United. This opportunity is once in a lifetime for him.

Unfortunately if we have to cut ties, it will be through sacking. They will release statement as mutual consent but Ole will not resign. I think this expectation is not fair also.
Completely disagree. This is a fair expectation from someone who is purportedly a "club legend". Gattuso walked away admitting that things won't work. And he didn't take the compo either. That's what legends should do.

Red Star One

Also few journalists reported that he gets 3 games, 2 of them were shit.

Hopefully we won't mess up one more season.
He passed that test though - win against Spurs was enough, Atalanta bailed out by Ronaldo and avoided losing, yesterday he knew that in order to keep his job all he needed to do is to avoid humiliating result like 0-6. One win in three is okayish for a manager of his level, I’m pretty sure following the “board being impressed by Spurs win” it was already decided he stays until the end of the season bar some freak results, so now it’ll be all about damage control and trying to finish games with results that allow Ole to continue with his bullshit “but we are so close if only we converted chances”

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
This is one of the reasons why although we are one of the world's biggest football clubs but will always find it tough to be a winning machine like Madrid who are less reliant on all time great genius managers like SMB and SAF creating an era greatness. We simply do not demand excellence. As a fan base, as a football club.
Well said. United dna does not mean winning, ecxellence or success, it means be a nice bloke. What a joke we have become

lilcurt

Can't believe I am waking up again to find Ole still in a job.

It is just negligent from the board at this point, they really do have no ambition and no idea of what to do with the club. An insult to every fan who spends their time and money following the club.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He passed that test though - win against Spurs was enough, Atalanta bailed out by Ronaldo and avoided losing, yesterday he knew that in order to keep his job all he needed to do is to avoid humiliating result like 0-6. One win in three is okayish for a manager of his level, I’m pretty sure following the “board being impressed by Spurs win” it was already decided he stays until the end of the season bar some freak results, so now it’ll be all about damage control and trying to finish games with results that allow Ole to continue with his bullshit “but we are so close if only we converted chances”
A win against probably the worst team in the league on the night. A team whose manager got sacked off the back of defeat by the worst manager in the league at the moment. Yeah that win says a lot.

Red Star One

A win against probably the worst team in the league on the night. A team whose manager got sacked off the back of defeat by the worst manager in the league at the moment. Yeah that win says a lot.
But didn’t you notice the context doesn’t matter with Ole propaganda? Second in the league last year, never looking at our performances or how badly our competitors did, hailed as a giant success after shambles in Europe and domestic cups. Same with City loss yesterday - it was only 0-2, therefore not so bad.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Can't believe I am waking up again to find Ole still in a job.

It is just negligent from the board at this point, they really do have no ambition and no idea of what to do with the club. An insult to every fan who spends their time and money following the club.
If the Board are going to stick with this man in charge it should be made known via an open statement.

Devil’s Trident

The guy is shameless. Neither he will walk nor he will admit that it’s unacceptable for a club like manutd. He can’t even stop smiling post match. I know it’s his nature but bloody hell how hard it is not to do that ? Then he gives his analysis of the game just talking about passion desire hunger. He knows that as a fan base we are passive and he is truly milking that for only his own benefit. It just doesn’t sit right with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.