• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
iirc even Zorc was a club legend before becoming sporting director and went straight from playing to that job. You may know more than me so I wanna ask was there anyone in that position at the time Zorc was made Sporting director that he may have learned from ? Or maybe there are more experienced people on a similar level to Zorc that he listens to in the club ?
You always have people at the club who you can and should learn from. And Dortmund had people in their recruitment department that were experienced at understanding football at a high level. And that's both tactically and at identifying talent which will help a incoming DoF. But the job itself isn't difficult and is in fact very straight forward from my undrstanding of what I've gleaned from the work of Zorc and various other Sporting directors. And it's simply them sticking to a strategy when it comes to the mid to long-term and the type of head coach they want to help implement said strategy. In Rangnick's case, he seems to always go for coaches who implement a fast transition, high intensity/high tempo playstyle with emphasis on playing a direct game with minimal amounts of passes. Zorc from my observation is similar and and also hires coaches who look to implement a proactive brand of football but he doesn't always go for the direct approach like Rangnick but has also shown to select coaches who look to implement a possession based style like Bosz and Favre. I personally doubt Rangnick would select ten Hag as a prospective new Coach, if he was chosen to select our next head coach. He'd likely select someone like Adi Hutter.

And then the recruitment is tailored for that type of coach which again isn't difficult IMO. So it basically comes down to streamlining the recruitment from top to bottom and being on the same page, with the recruitment department having the authority to make decisions independently from the coaching staff at first team level. But under our current structure, Solskjaer's title is 'manager' which gives him more power than most on the football side and that needs to change with the next appointment IMO. The same thing happened with Liverpool, and Michael Edwards who was abused by a vast majority of Liverpool fans and is now a hero because Klopp came in and embraced the recruitment department which was led by Edwards and gave him control when it comes to recruitment and Liverpool ended 30 years of pain.

croadyman

Goldbridge is convinced he's done end of the week but need to hear more from reliable sources than him

Ralph1386

I just think the club have given him a short break so they can sort out an interim coach and not have him take up training. Nothing will be announced until they find a decent caretaker.

croadyman

I just think the club have given him a short break so they can sort out an interim coach and not have him take up training. Nothing will be announced until they find a decent caretaker.
Yeah just has to be wreck it, worried about Blanc or Larry White as some called him because he's an ex player again

Acquire Me

This makes sense to me as well. It’s about to happen soon enough.

Foxbatt

Fletcher's role as technical director is reported to be of someone who communicates and sells the project to prospective new recruits at first team level. It's a similar role to Sebastian Kehl at BvB, who is being groomed to take over from Michael Zorc as the DoF. And from the digging I've done on Kehl, he had no experience in such a role if the caf criteria is applied.

Fletcher's role at the club is fine IMO, unless someone can provide evidence of how he's not cut out for a job which isn't difficult at all IMO.
If you are looking to sell the club to players there are better players like Patrice Evra or Berba or even RVP who speaks more than one language fluently and who has played in many leagues.

Infestissumam

I'm against online abuse as much as anybody else, but I don't see why Jan goes off at this particular tweet. It's actually a fair question: would Norwich take him? I doubt they would. And that's what it all boils down too - United fans know Ole is a legend for what he did on the pitch, but he's simply not good enough as a manager to be in charge of Manchester United. I don't know why that "yeah but as a player ..." argument comes into play all the time, it should be completely irrelevant when it comes to his job as manager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If you are looking to sell the club to players there are better players like Patrice Evra or Berba or even RVP who speaks more than one language fluently and who has played in many leagues.
Does it really matter? Fletcher for me is a very intelligent and articulate guy and looks a good choice for the role and he's still young.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Some fans are so entitled. We've literally dominated for 20 years. Now it's revolving to another couple of teams. It's always done this. Since the beginning of football. Take your pick of the teams. We've been spoilt over the years.

I'll support the club, the players and the manager employed. Some of you wishing to attack Ole through air vents, or protests, you are not fans of the club. True fans stick with it through thick and thin. Whatever that may be.

Eddy_JukeZ

Some fans are so entitled. We've literally dominated for 20 years. Now it's revolving to another couple of teams. It's always done this. Since the beginning of football. Take your pick of the teams. We've been spoilt over the years.

I'll support the club, the players and the manager employed. Some of you wishing to attack Ole through air vents, or protests, you are not fans of the club. True fans stick with it through thick and thin. Whatever that may be.
:lol:

Acquire Me

Love the optimism... He's not taking training anyway on a regular basis and went back to Norway in previous International breaks.
It can’t be any other reason. It’s just not working out this season and it should be. We are working on something. We will know soon enough imo.

Hoof the ball

1. Yes, some fans are entitled.
2. No one is asking for dominance. It's not dominance to ask for one title in almost 10 years, is it?
3. Yes, we've been spoilt, but again, no one is asking for spoils.....but for a single success in three years and a single title in 10.

Shark

@NotShark

You do realise it's almost a decade since United have even challenged for a title right? Fans wanting at least that isn't being spoiled. The club has spent an obscene amount of money in that time too. This isn't Norwich you're supporting ffs.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I'm genuinely worried this situation this actually worse than we all think.
We have a raft of players who genuinely don't seem to be able to play with each other. I am Ole out 100% but I am totally baffled that a bunch of coaches cannot even get a barest of tunes out these players right now. It makes me think its much more than Ole's incompetence.
examples:
Maguire and Shaw are useless for Utd yet star for England
Fred is useless for Utd but retains his place with Brazil and by all accounts plays well most of the time.
I could go on.
Any coach coming in will need to upset a lot of players if they are going to implement a system that improves us.
CDM apart , I believe we have the players already but some SAF ruthlessness is required along with the expected better coaching if we want to win with what we have. Too many are literally swinging the leg and letting Ole take the blame though he does make it easy for them.
Its so important we get a new coach who will do that. Hopefully very soon.

Ralph1386

Expecting better results and performances from a squad that has Cristiano Ronaldo, Varane, Bruno, Cavani, Sancho, Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood and De Gea is not being spoilt or entitled.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

This is different from the club backing him, he's gone

Rolaholic

FFS how many times have we been down this very road before?

He wouldn't have survived this far had he not signed Bruno during the winter window the last time he was truly on the ropes

Dominos

Yeah he's gone :D
Same stuff we heard after Liverpool.

The only thing that gives me hope is the journos are leading with "there's no indication his sacking is imminent". No one is prepared to commit and say he's safe outright so it looks like the journos haven't been briefed with any certainties, which gives some hope that the final decision hasn't been made yet and they're sounding out replacements.

stw2022

He’ll pull another formation out of the bag

“5-3-2 lads…I know Alex Ferguson “

Acquire Me

This is different from the club backing him, he's gone
His gone as soon as the replacement is settled. Of course it’s not been given any indication his set to be fired. Would not make sense to do that before things are wrapped up.

manunited1919

Ole would relegate any of the teams outside of the top 3 spenders.
Nah. Look at David Moyes, currently has West Ham sitting at number 3. Despite the horrible season we are having, I still rate Ole higher than Moyes. Neither is good enough for United and struggle with tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.