• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Pep: “Go home lads, they’re shite and even they don’t know how they are gonna play, so how the feck are we gonna work it out
That tweet by KDB proves that we have no style of play.
We basically go into every game as the underdog and aim to "counter" the opponent's tactics. This happens even when playing lesser teams, which explains why some lesser teams beat us without too much difficulty.

Judas

Open to offers
KDB has form for mocking us to be fair, this is from January 2020:

"Kevin De Bruyne has revealed it took all of 15 minutes in training for Pep Guardiola to plan Manchester City’s 3-1 mauling of their neighbours Manchester United in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final."

Cloud7

Tomorrow makes it a week since the City match and he really hasn’t been fired yet. We’re really going to sacrifice this entire season. He really is going to be here until next summer. I didn’t want to believe it after the Liverpool match, I didn’t want to believe it after the City match, but at this point I’m genuinely shocked.

I don’t even think it’s a case of the right manager not being available. I tried to delude myself into thinking that before, but I think they’ve put so many of their eggs into this Ole basket that they’re probably going to allow him to continue into next season as well.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whoever at United is pushing for Ole to keep his job and wait until things magically work out needs sacking too.

Cloud7

KDB has form for mocking us to be fair, this is from January 2020:

"Kevin De Bruyne has revealed it took all of 15 minutes in training for Pep Guardiola to plan Manchester City’s 3-1 mauling of their neighbours Manchester United in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final."
Maybe the mockery might reach the ears of the club hierarchy one of these days

laughtersassassin

Really is nice of us to give the worst performing coaches in the league a holiday.

Seems after we fail we love giving out rewards.

Lose Europa League final here have a 3 year contract....

ShinjiNinja26

You’d think the board would sack Ole for if nothing else to stop us being a complete laughing stock. Seems like every fan base and club are queuing up to take a pop at us right now.

minoo-utd

Whoever at United is pushing for Ole to keep his job and wait until things magically work out needs sacking too.
This.
But do we know what’s going on inside this club or what they think about for the future of this club! Unfortunately it’s unbelievable mess it seems.

Zoo

Yeah I can’t believe he really went on a legit holiday as though nothing has happened…
Not like he's sunning himself on a beach, he went back home where he has family and personal matters. For all we know he could be back in England right now.

Rusholme Ruffian

And if I had been active on this forum back when our former players and managers were getting called every name under the sun then I would've said the same thing.
You'd have come onto a forum that you weren't active on and started calling out posters for describing Fellaini (for instance) with such incendiary terms as 'clown'? Righto.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Imaging Real Madrid having owners like this. It would be absolute mayhem in the fanbase. Not just angry fans moaning in the forums, which result in nothing.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm still baffled by our decision to extend his contract. What was the reason for that? He wasn't out of contract. There was no risk of him going elsewhere.

Bizarre decision.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I'm still baffled by our decision to extend his contract. What was the reason for that? He wasn't out of contract. There was no risk of him going elsewhere.

Bizarre decision.
There was no reason to hand 6 years contract to Moyes. There was no reason to renew Mou's contract in hurry. Spot the common guy who was in-charge of decisions all this time.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Bizarre decision.
I asked the same question back in the summer and got shot down by a few posters for it. I was told that the team needs the stability of a manager that’s contract is not expiring. Utter bullshit if you ask me.

CM21

Manchester United have no plans to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer despite mounting pressure on the Norwegian [@/RobDorsettSky]
Tweeted by @/theutdjournal

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Zidane caretaker. Ten Hag Next season.

it's so simple.
Why would Zidane, who apparently doesn’t want the job at all, come in for 6 months? It’s the same with people saying give it to Wenger. These are huge names, why would they give up whatever they’re doing, risk tarnishing their reputation, and take on the shit show that is our season, just for 6 months pay?

There’s a reason caretaker managers are usually either international bosses, former big names now working in exile, or just under qualified coaches who can’t believe their luck.

Rusholme Ruffian

Why would Zidane, who apparently doesn’t want the job at all, come in for 6 months? It’s the same with people saying give it to Wenger. These are huge names, why would they give up whatever they’re doing, risk tarnishing their reputation, and take on the shit show that is our season, just for 6 months pay?
I could maybe imagine that it might be slightly attractive to Wenger - especially if it was done now so he had a a CL run, and the chance to win the FA Cup and finish top 4. I reckon he was gutted at how he was ousted at Arsenal, and maybe feels like he has a point to prove. One last dance in the PL might prove too tempting to ignore. there's zero chance of this happening though, cos of...board.

Agree the Zidane suggestion is lunacy.

R'hllor

Bizarre decision.
Check thread about his extension you will see all kinds of nonsense reasons there.

red4ever 79

Not like he's sunning himself on a beach, he went back home where he has family and personal matters. For all we know he could be back in England right now.
There would be pictures of him at Carrington. There is no one there only Mike.

It's actually unbelivable

Ralph1386

Players have to start voicing their discontent. This is unheard of. He was just sent on holidays and brought back like nothing happened.

Ixion

There would be pictures of him at Carrington. There is no one there only Mike.

It's actually unbelivable
At some point in the next week

"How are you going to turn the corner?"

"Well we've had a nice break to recharge our batteries and we're raring to go now"

red4ever 79

At some point in the next week

"How are you going to turn the corner?"

"Well we've had a nice break to recharge our batteries and we're raring to go now"
Players are focused and wanting to do well. Mood in the camp is excellent and this is a fresh start

red4ever 79

"What about tactics?" "Eh?"
Ah the old Ole tactics.
After Liverpool we need to change get one extra body in defence move to 5-3-2
After City we need to get back on the front foot and attack - expecting to revert to normal

In other words team will be

De Gea
AWB Lindlof Maguire Shaw
McFred
Bruno
Greenwood Ronaldo Rashford

Kostov

Appalling state of affairs. What are we looking forward to come the end of the season? We will be lucky to finish 6th, and I wonder how will someone like Ronaldo react to that.

Rusholme Ruffian

Appalling state of affairs. What are we looking forward to come the end of the season? We will be lucky to finish 6th, and I wonder how will someone like Ronaldo react to that.
It's a tricky one with Ronaldo - on one hand you're absolutely right, he will be extremely unhappy with the situation. On the other hand he also won't want it to look like everything went to shit as soon as he arrived, so he might not want to rock the boat too much.

Chairman Steve

As stupid as it initially sounded that the squad going on holiday back on Sunday/Monday was, at least you felt that maybe something significant was going to happen.

But it really does look like they actually went on fecking holiday :houllier: Never mind the team crumbling down at an alarming rate, let’s go on our jollies lads...What the feck.

The entire Accounts department should just put in a week holiday at the next month end, because it makes about as much sense.

Karlos PFC

Mário Zagallo in as caretaker manager before handing over to Erik Ten Hag in the summer?
Zagallo ? :lol:
While we're at it maybe Otto Rehagel would do a job for us.

Seriously though, it's incredible that the club went to radio silence for a whole week.
For the past week I keep refreshing news pages in hope that he is sacked.

fecking hell it's surrealistic

The Impossible Team

I do find this still extremely hard to comprehend. Imagine doing shit at your job, and getting a weeks holiday. The players and the manager should be working harder than ever right now.2

...Or maybe look at it as a suspension from work for "gross misconduct/negligence/incompetence etc" while the company investigates matters properly.
Thus hopefully coming to the correct decision of dismissal. (you may say I'm a dreamer ... but we really need him gone!)

No offence Ole and any his inner's... its just "Business Never Personal!" to reference an EpMD album (Now that's what I call a group from the golden era of hip hop.).

Saying that the "business never personal" motto if seen from the glazers, woodward and his cronies, point of view is what I feel is the root cause of all of our problems. But that issue as we all know is a not going to go away anytime soon unfortunately.

Actually Ole has tried his best to bring back the personal side, or as he calls it, cringe alert..." The United DNA" with moderate success.

So total gratitude to Ole for his efforts in re-instilling the "nature", but we now need someone to "nurture" (Ten Hag, Rangnick, Potter?)

Btw, while this lurker is here, which is never, I'd just like to say Thank you to all the insightful posts/posters that keep me reading here and increasing my knowledge of and strengthening my "pashun" for United.
I really enjoy the attempts at tactical analysis of all things united by the cafsters which at the moment is not putting the coaching staff in a good light but at least shining a light in certain directions might make it easier for others to see things clearer/differently.

I also love reading the stories and anecdotes of ex players from inside the dressing room/ training ground/Manager's office. I dunno it just makes it so much more personal for me. And god do i need to maintain some kind of connection with the club that is doing its best to numb the pleasure.

At present is very hard amongst all the petty and personal squabbles between the inners n outers to gleam any nuggets, but there's enough.or if I'm really struggling then the non football forums are a pleasant distraction.

But anyway, thanks for trying Redcaf! Now back to the shadows.

Keep the faith.

LUHG!

Ralph1386

Ah the old Ole tactics.
After Liverpool we need to change get one extra body in defence move to 5-3-2
After City we need to get back on the front foot and attack - expecting to revert to normal

In other words team will be

De Gea
AWB Lindlof Maguire Shaw
McFred
Bruno
Greenwood Ronaldo Rashford
We will be wounded animals :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.