• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Zagallo ? :lol:
While we're at it maybe Otto Rehagel would do a job for us.

Seriously though, it's incredible that the club went to radio silence for a whole week.
For the past week I keep refreshing news pages in hope that he is sacked.

fecking hell it's surrealistic
:lol:

Man, our board is hoping the Ole anger dissipates quicker than a Televangelist scandal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm still baffled by our decision to extend his contract. What was the reason for that? He wasn't out of contract. There was no risk of him going elsewhere.

Bizarre decision.
Someone couldn't wait to reward their mate.

dove

As stupid as it initially sounded that the squad going on holiday back on Sunday/Monday was, at least you felt that maybe something significant was going to happen.

But it really does look like they actually went on fecking holiday :wenger: Never mind the team crumbling down at an alarming rate, let’s go on our jollies lads...What the feck.

The entire Accounts department should just put in a week holiday at the next month end, because it makes about as much sense.
Everyone can train "enjoy yourselves" tactics individually sitting by the beach somewhere, you don't need to be in Manchester.

Chairman Steve

I hope some hack in the Watford pre match press conference sarcastically asks OGS if he had a good holiday… although the club probably wants to protect him from even that, and it’ll be all kid gloves questions.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Gary Neville obviously knows what's going on. He's said again and again he won't be sacked, the club need to put their helmets on and ride what's coming from the fans, and he's been right.

The only glimmer of hope is that he also said we will press the reset button on the whole lot done summer. I just find that bit hard to believe. If Ole is in charge come end of the season then he'll still be here next season. As fans we just have to accept that we are going to be shit for the foreseeable. It's upto you if you want to keep funding people that seemingly accept mediocrity.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I hope some hack in the Watford pre match press conference sarcastically asks OGS if he had a good holiday… although the club probably wants to protect him from even that, and it’ll be all kid gloves questions.
I read the other day that all questions are submitted prior to the press conference. It’s probably why so many of Ole’s answers seem rehearsed (because they are).

Flytan

I read the other day that all questions are submitted prior to the press conference. It’s probably why so many of Ole’s answers seem rehearsed (because they are).
Damn our club really is just a horribly run political campaign isn't it?

Denis79

As stupid as it initially sounded that the squad going on holiday back on Sunday/Monday was, at least you felt that maybe something significant was going to happen.

But it really does look like they actually went on fecking holiday :wenger: Never mind the team crumbling down at an alarming rate, let’s go on our jollies lads...What the feck.

The entire Accounts department should just put in a week holiday at the next month end, because it makes about as much sense.
I was thinking the same at the time... I'm sorry but Ole really needs to go and fast. He's in way over his head and is doing more damage than good at the moment. The board needs to act fast because there us nothing in the previous 3 years that implies he will suddenly become the manager we need. We will continue to be inconsistent, we will continue to knee-jerk with our tactics and achieve nothing more than challenge for CL qualification.

largelyworried

I always seem to be in one of two moods at the moment. Sometimes Im in a depressed mood where I find it unfathomable that Ole can still be in a job after the humiliation of the last few weeks. The club's a laughing stock, he's a laughing stock, we're going to have people singing Oles at the wheel at us for years to come now. Every problem he's ever failed to tackle in the development of the team has come home to roost at the same time.

Other times Im in a more rational mood and recognise that, in truth, the club has few options. The only replacements I can see us being able to get are Rodgers and Potter. Rodgers, well, just no. Potter, good manager, but we've already had our chance at taking a risk, we need someone with a much higher chance of success. Other than those two, every other manager seems to be tied up right now. We could get a caretaker, but even then, who? Don't see Carrick or Fletcher as realistic options. Don't want to get in another United old boy - that turned out proper shite last time. Really don't see a solution here. Reality is that Ole is acting as a caretaker already, basically. If he can pull the club out of this doomspiral then we might find he really is the least worst option right now til we get someone else.

And then I think about Ole being in charge for another 6 months and get depressed again. Round and round.

Xaviboy

Surely ole and rest of squad that have been given week off won't go down well with the likes of Ronaldo and Bruno. There the only ones that seem to have a winning mentality and could be pissed off. They continue to train and keep match sharpe for matches away on international duty and they will come back to rest of squad and staff after week off. Talk about professionalism. When the going gets tough Ole decides to take week off and rest of staff.

Should be examining things and working on stuff with his staff on how we can improve stuff and get back to winning ways and other squad members keeping sharpe.

Kostov

It's a tricky one with Ronaldo - on one hand you're absolutely right, he will be extremely unhappy with the situation. On the other hand he also won't want it to look like everything went to shit as soon as he arrived, so he might not want to rock the boat too much.
You underestimate how much of a winner he is. You think he would accept playing in the Europa League? Do you actually believe that?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
He get sacked once the fans start booing him during matches…I said that before on the forum and was told it would never happen…I say the booing will happen this side of Christmas

Sparky Rhiwabon

I always seem to be in one of two moods at the moment. Sometimes Im in a depressed mood where I find it unfathomable that Ole can still be in a job after the humiliation of the last few weeks. The club's a laughing stock, he's a laughing stock, we're going to have people singing Oles at the wheel at us for years to come now. Every problem he's ever failed to tackle in the development of the team has come home to roost at the same time.

Other times Im in a more rational mood and recognise that, in truth, the club has few options. The only replacements I can see us being able to get are Rodgers and Potter. Rodgers, well, just no. Potter, good manager, but we've already had our chance at taking a risk, we need someone with a much higher chance of success. Other than those two, every other manager seems to be tied up right now. We could get a caretaker, but even then, who? Don't see Carrick or Fletcher as realistic options. Don't want to get in another United old boy - that turned out proper shite last time. Really don't see a solution here. Reality is that Ole is acting as a caretaker already, basically. If he can pull the club out of this doomspiral then we might find he really is the least worst option right now til we get someone else.

And then I think about Ole being in charge for another 6 months and get depressed again. Round and round.
This is it I think - it’s either Ole acting as a quasi caretaker until the end of the season where he’ll likely be paid off for us to get our “ideal replacement“ OR get rid of Ole now and get in another random caretaker either from within or outside the club OR get rid of Ole now and get a suboptimal permanent replacement.

It may well be that a deal has been done with Ole whereby he already knows he‘ll be let go at the end of the season

FerociousCorgis

just imagine the pain us over here in the states put up with. Watch tumescent united football then our international break gonna be filled with watching our talented european based group get passed over because they dont have "concacaf experience" ha. Lletget is gonna prob start, imagine a worse version of mctominay. Arriola out wide is like a worse lingard, prob starts as well. Be thankful yall because berhalter is even worse than Ole.

Rusholme Ruffian

You underestimate how much of a winner he is. You think he would accept playing in the Europa League? Do you actually believe that?
Mate, read my post again - I was agreeing with you. I think he'll be absolutely fuming about the thought of playing in the Europa league next season. I was just adding a bit of nuance, as there is also a potential stigma around the team 'failing', given that the collapse has happened with him in the team. I just meant that it might have the effect of him not twisting the knife on Ole too much at the moment. He'll be off like a shot if we don't qualify for the CL, I'm sure of it.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I can never accept mediocrity for this club. Or in this instance: Complete and utter incompetence
The glazers are banking on us to give up complaining. The more time passes from our embarrassments against Liverpool and City the more apathetic the fanbase becomes about the situation. They know that they can just wait and most fans will give up and move on with their lives while the money keeps rolling in - hence no sacking of Ole and no statement from the club to back him. Just indifference and a lack of respect for the fans from our board.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
This thread is on life support. Nothing brewing at all in the papers about Ole being replaced? Complete tumbleweed time? :(
Can print the pages and FedEx it to the club. Maybe the manager can appear busy on the sidelines reading these.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I can never accept mediocrity for this club. Or in this instance: Complete and utter incompetence
im with you but lets say i am resigned to the fact that he stays.

Pitch results dont really matter when United the brand is going strong.

I Am Zlatan

I can’t believe he’s actually been given a vacation, surely he gotta be mentally stronger than escaping for a little bit since things are tough..

Natener

I don't know which I should be more amazed at, that the board thinks Ole deserves to stay in this job or that Ole thinks he is good enough to stay in this job.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I really hope this doesn't become like the Wenger Out campaign that went on for so long.

SAFMUTD

Mate you seriously need to stop calling him a clown, I'm Ole out aswell but this just isn't on. Mods need to start doing something about this because it's constant and not necessary no matter how angry any of us are at the situation.
Doesnt seem to be a problem when its player related, but as soon as its Ole many here turn into purists and moralists.

Status
Not open for further replies.