• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even if Vilarreal beat us we can go through with a win against Young Boys as a result for any of the other 2 or a draw in the group {Atalanta V Villaareal} will see us through with 10 points. So I think we will hold onto Ole until group stage finishes next month.
Yeah but is it worth the risk? The opening game against Young Boys should’ve been a clue that anything could happen, and last seasons shitshow in Istanbul and group stage exit should’ve served as warning about where it could lead. Why give him the chance to balls it up again?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
While I want Ole sacked, I do at times wonder about the state of his mental health. Imagine having the majority of the fanbase clamouring for your sacking and having to endure the countless digs by opposition fans.
I mean he brought this upon himself by not resigning but I do feel a tad sorry for the guy, at a human level.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We were in similar position in 2019-20 and 2020-21, ended up in top 4.

I think we will still finish top 4 but there is no point just trying to finish top 4.
2019-2020 we got a huge chunk of luck with LCFC bottling it and us having enough time to get players like Rashford and Martial and Pogba back.

We also have loads of summer players who enjoy the nicer weather in those months and I feel they play better then. The schedule also allowed us to dominate smaller teams.

As for last year, the league was subpar and it was obvious. Teams in the past have missed out on top 4 with over 70 points and we finished 2nd comfortably.

My prediction is that if this keeps going, we finish 6-7 at best with no more than low-60s.

Karlos PFC

How many managers have Chelsea gone through in the last 5 years?Is that a good structure?
I guess you're joking right?
Chelsea have great structure as a club, that's why they are always there or thereabouts to winning trophies.
Do you have any idea how many trophies and what kind did they win those 5 years?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
While I want Ole sacked, I do at times wonder about the state of his mental health. Imagine having the majority of the fanbase clamouring for your sacking and having to endure the countless digs by opposition fans.
I mean he brought this upon himself by not resigning but I do feel a tad sorry for the guy, at a human level.
Yeah it is bad but comes with the territory. That's why this whole situation is so crazy, his position looks completely untenable. The worst situation I've ever known for any manager. He must have some thick skin and a serious case of delusion to not be bothered by it. He's spent his career building a legacy at United and he's burning it away the longer he goes on.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yes and no. He's walking away with millions upon millions. I'd love to be in his position. Earning millions with the downside being criticism and being laughed at.

Rook

How many managers have Chelsea gone through in the last 5 years?Is that a good structure?
are you sure you want to critique the club who won two Champions League titles after binning underperforming managers mid-season?

ShinjiNinja26

Its alright I’m sure the millions in his bank account will give him plenty of comfort.

croadyman

Yeah I can see that point of view, however certainly doesn't help he's been hung out to dry by those yanks upstairs

Gordon Godot

Yeah I can see that point of view, however certainly doesn't help he's been hung out to dry by those yanks upstairs
I am firmly in the view that he should do the honourable thing and walk away. Sitting in the dug out looking lost must be the hardest thing. I would have hoped he had the self awareness to leave. DOnt give me the rubbish about millions of salary, he is already wealthy beyond the comprehension of most of us and I am sure can negotiate a good exit deal. Then write a book or become a pundit. I have to question both his integrity and football intelligence if he can pick teh recent teams and then not surprisingly see them taken apart and think he is doing a good job.

Red Rash

Yea I agree he is probably not in the best mental state right now but I think this comes with the territory of being paid millions of pounds per year.

You can see it in his interviews and also some of the decisions he is making. Solskjaer is definitely in damage limitation mode at the moment and that really isn't a good way to manage a team. A couple of examples:

• Moving to five at the back even though it doesn't really suit us, especially since we have a limited number of fit CBs
  • Finally bringing on Vdb and Sancho which seems like he is just trying to appease the fans
I completely disagree that he should resign though. Even as a lifelong Man Utd fan, it wouldn't make sense for me to lose out on millions in compensation, especially if it was almost certain I would get sacked soon.

This is definitely on the lack of decisiveness from the board.

croadyman

I am firmly in the view that he should do the honourable thing and walk away. Sitting in the dug out looking lost must be the hardest thing. I would have hoped he had the self awareness to leave. DOnt give me the rubbish about millions of salary, he is already wealthy beyond the comprehension of most of us and I am sure can negotiate a good exit deal. Then write a book or become a pundit. I have to question both his integrity and football intelligence if he can pick teh recent teams and then not surprisingly see them taken apart and think he is doing a good job.
Yeah I wish he had resigned too but that was never going to happen, he's too proud to admit defeat on this one

Gordon Godot

Yeah I wish he had resigned too but that was never going to happen, he's too proud to admit defeat on this one
I tend to agree. Then perhaps also those who have (and maybe still) back him should acknowledge he is putting is own vanity and ego ahead of the club. Rio and Owen have called him out, lets hope others are having a quiet word in private.

Flytan

If Ole gets to the Arsenal game he is here for the season :houllier:
Only if the board refuses to sack him. We are too bad to win a lot of these games.. This isn't like previous seasons where we will dig ourselves out of a hole. The players dislike playing under him now. If he stays we are finishing like 8th

croadyman

Let's be honest, if he survived the international break he's getting until at least Christmas
Like I said in another thread him and the team lost me against Liverpool at 4-0, just going through the motions of watching games right now which is awful feeling.

Last edited:

Rusholme Ruffian

Even some of those 'easy' fixtures start to look a bit tricky when you've got a team as dysfunctional as ours has been. Palace can make life difficult for top teams, Norwich and Newcastle are under new management, Brentford and Brighton will be tough, Burnley is always a nasty one. We have the players to destroy these teams, but at the moment I would say that nothing is a gimme.

romufc

That's why he is paid £7m a year. Every managerial position is the same, its a results business, he has been in the game a long time to know this.

I don't feel bad for him as such, we need to be winning titles not competing for top 6.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm expecting 2 points from Watford, Villarreal, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Would be great to get a new manager bounce run of results from the games after those.

hobbers

Palace and Brighton at OT, no chance an Ole line up wins either of those.

Hell every fixture looks really tough when you look at how we played against a toothless Everton and Villa.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
And what exactly is wrong with having many managers?
Our fans got blinded in the SAF era when every other club changed manager regulary while we never had to. I remember United fans mocking others fans for those decisions. We were very fortunate back them with SAF, with the side effect of turning us into arrogant pricks.

Irrational.

Just found footage of Ole's first post-match interview after his Cardiff side lost 2-0 to ten-man West Ham:

Scary how similar it is to most of his post-match interviews for us. He's not changed or developed at all.

croadyman

Palace and Brighton at OT, no chance an Ole line up wins either of those.

Hell every fixture looks really tough when you look at how we played against a toothless Everton and Villa.
Yeah I thought that last gasp goal conceded at Arsenal would set Palace back, however it definitely hasn't done that. Brighton certainly showed their mettle too with that comeback draw at Anfield

croadyman

Our fans got blinded in the SAF era when every other club changed manager regulary while we never had to. I remember United fans mocking others fans for those decisions. We were very fortunate back them with SAF, with the side effect of turning us into arrogant pricks.
Yeah and Fergie's speech post match against Swansea also hardened people's stance as well

Dr. StrangeHate

He has gotten probably around 50 million from United in total. He will be more that fine at a human level.

Mainoldo

Ideally, you want the new manager coming in for the Young Boys Champion’s League game and then the good run of fixtures that follow it.
Providing we don’t lose to Villarreal otherwise we have to beat Young Boys by 4 goals.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just found footage of Ole's first post-match interview after his Cardiff side lost 2-0 to ten-man West Ham:

Scary how similar it is to most of his post-match interviews for us. He's not changed or developed at all.
That is so pathetic.

He was a top player and a Utd legend, but as a manager he’s a massive fecking loser through and through.

How on Earth he is the manager of Man Utd is beggar’s belief…

Surreal situation at Utd.

red4ever 79

That is so pathetic.

He was a top player and a Utd legend, but as a manager he’s a massive fecking loser through and through.

Enthusiasm energy and drive. Tactics explained at the highest level

Water Melon

That is so pathetic.

It really is. Protests need to start. Otherwise, the owners will not move their fingers.

Xaviboy

That is scary. He really hasn't moved on or developed as a coach/manager. That was his level and he failed. Sooner better he leaves. He has done the most he can now at the club. We need some identity and style of football for the current squad to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.