Ole says this season will be used to find next season’s squad

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The guy can't even sell his project to his compatriot and former Molde player haaland. It's beggars belief that there are people who takes him seriously

Hey it reminds me what my boss in a service industry used to say. A smile can get you a long way

Halftrack

Cant wait for the excuses that will be given next season when we are still not competing for top 4
How about you wait for that to happen before you start whinging about it? Can't even enjoy a win on here without you moaning cnuts rocking up to inform us that the sky will fall.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The guy can't even sell his project to his compatriot and former Molde player haaland. It's beggars belief that there are people who takes him seriously

Hey it reminds me what my boss in a service industry used to say. A smile can get you a long way
This forum man seriously.

EDS THE PROBLEM WE CANT SIGN ANYONE.

*Ole just so happened to manage Haaland and they are mates*

OMG WHY CANT OLE SIGN A PLAYER HE USED TO MANAGE HE’S A WASTE OF SPACE GET HIM OUT

bbbbbbut I thought it was all Ed’s fault we can’t sign anyone.

Ahhh but yes, that doesn’t fit the Anti-Ole Agenda does it young padawan. You got a lot to learn around here on this cafe.

Good lord, some of you need to look at things logically and with a bit of common sense and not some anti-ole, anti-ed agenda all the time.

fergiesarmy1

So you want the manager and club to sell its soul to another Riola player who will want to move him on once he’s worth £100m regardless of the effect on the club and other players?

devilish

So you want the manager and club to sell its soul to another Riola player who will want to move him on once he’s worth £100m regardless of the effect on the club and other players?
You expect that a country legend and his former manager will be able to persuade haaland to buy into his plan on our terms. Instead he'll rather follow what some agent from nocera says

fergiesarmy1

You expect that a country legend and his former manager will be able to persuade haaland to buy into his plan on our terms. Instead he'll rather follow what some agent from nocera says
From all accounts we could have signed him so Ole did his bit, we just weren’t willing to agree to the terms riola wanted, once bitten twice shy and all that after the aggravation that is Pogba has given us for us for 4 seasons.

I suspect if he didn’t have Riola as his agent given the reputation we have for playing youth over nearly every top club in Europe he would have readily come here, it’s not like we are shy on wages anymore.

devilish

From all accounts we could have signed him so Ole did his bit, we just weren’t willing to agree to the terms riola wanted, once bitten twice shy and all that after the aggravation that is Pogba has given us for us for 4 seasons.

I suspect if he didn’t have Riola as his agent given the reputation we have for playing youth over nearly every top club in Europe he would have readily come here, it’s not like we are shy on wages anymore.
I repeat what I said. An agent from nocera was more influential on haaland then Norway's legend and his former manager.

fergiesarmy1

I repeat what I said. An agent from nocera was more influential on haaland then Norway's legend and his former manager.
? The majority of players take the advice of their agent over someone they are going to potentially “work for”

Dont get your argument, are you suggesting Haaland tells Riola to feck off at 19 years old considering what he’s done for the rest of his harem of players?

devilish

? The majority of players take the advice of their agent over someone they are going to potentially “work for”

Dont get your argument, are you suggesting Haaland tells Riola to feck off at 19 years old considering what he’s done for the rest of his harem of players?
Agents are players employees not viceversa. Also when did raiola started working for haaland?

Whom do you think has more influence some agent from nocera or the nation's darling, who was a former nation's team mate to his dad and was haaland's former manager?

No wonder this guy only buy British players. He needs to ride on United's reputation at home to persuade players to come over.

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

Whom do you think has more influence some agent from nocera or the nation's darling, who was a former nation's team mate to his dad and was haaland's former manager?

No wonder this guy only buy British players. He needs to ride on United's reputation at home to persuade players to come over.
What’s all this agent from Nocera rubbish, he is a super agent. If your paying him a chunk of your current earning and future earnings you listen to him.

devilish

What’s all this agent from Nocera rubbish, he is a super agent. If your paying him a chunk of your current earning and future earnings you listen to him.
He is an agent ie a player's employee. Mino himself once said that he has to bow to the player's wishes. Not to forget that their relationship is relatively new and the boy could rely on his dad for advice.

Ole on the other hand Norway's darling, he played with haaland's dad and was haaland's manager. Yet he couldn't sell the haaland's his project.

fergiesarmy1

He is an agent ie a player's employee. Mino himself once said that he has to bow to the player's wishes. Not to forget that their relationship is relatively new.

Ole on the other hand Norway's darling, he played with haaland's dad and was haaland's manager. Yet he couldn't sell him his project.
Your going round in circles here, we could have had him. Dortmund agreed to the terms Riola wanted, we did not. If you think Haaland should fight his agent for less future money your living in lalaland

devilish

Your going round in circles here, we could have had him. Dortmund agreed to the terms Riola wanted, we did not. If you think Haaland should fight his agent for less future money your living in lalaland
If Ole cannot sell his project to his former player, son of his former team mate and a Norwegian then I struggle to understand whom he can sell his project to. No wonder we are only able to sign British players ie guys who would join this club irrespective of whose managing it

fergiesarmy1

If Ole cannot sell his project to his former player, son of his former team mate and a Norwegian then I struggle to understand whom he can sell his project to. No wonder we are only able to sign British players ie guys who would join this club irrespective of whose managing it
Do you even recall what Riola negotiated for the Pogba deal to us? Can you not even give Ole an inch to understand what he was probably asking us for to sign a potential superstar for £18m in this day and age?

I would hazard a guess at 50% of any profit personally.

Greck

If he had his heart set on here even Raiola couldn't have stopped it. Much as I hate Raiola it's the players who empower him to do this crap. Raiola didn't put a safety exit clause/condition without some form of discussion with the player about future plans. The agent-principal relationship flows one way and one way alone. I don't blame any player for not taking the leap of faith and joining us in our current state but let's just be clear the player is the reason the deal fell through. There doesn't actually have to be anyone to blame here

Halftrack

Don't bother with him, he's intellectually dishonest to the point of parody. He's rocking a stonking hatred-boner for Ole, and will take any chance to shit on him, even if it means ignoring the facts you've just laid out to him in the post he's responding to.

Chuck him on ignore and forget he exists. His posting is some of the worst on here.

TrustInOle

This forum man seriously.

EDS THE PROBLEM WE CANT SIGN ANYONE.

*Ole just so happened to manage Haaland and they are mates*

OMG WHY CANT OLE SIGN A PLAYER HE USED TO MANAGE HE’S A WASTE OF SPACE GET HIM OUT

bbbbbbut I thought it was all Ed’s fault we can’t sign anyone.

Ahhh but yes, that doesn’t fit the Anti-Ole Agenda does it young padawan. You got a lot to learn around here on this cafe.

Good lord, some of you need to look at things logically and with a bit of common sense and not some anti-ole, anti-ed agenda all the time.

Follows our recent trend of not giving into player and agent demands, which is what has left this squad how it is. Looks an exceptional talent, but if those were his terms, stay well away. Rather look into Cavani for 6 months and invest the time in MMM.

fergiesarmy1

Don't bother with him, he's intellectually dishonest to the point of parody. He's rocking a stonking hatred-boner for Ole, and will take any chance to shit on him, even if it means ignoring the facts you've just laid out to him in the post he's responding to.

Chuck him on ignore and forget he exists. His posting is some of the worst on here.
I was feeling the Ole hatred in his posts but thought some common sense could get past that, clearly not.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Another bitter guy who can’t accept Haaland didn’t join us. We have Martial & Greenwood, why do we need to sign a striker who still need to be developed anyway?

sparx99

Follows our recent trend of not giving into player and agent demands, which is what has left this squad how it is. Looks an exceptional talent, but if those were his terms, stay well away. Rather look into Cavani for 6 months and invest the time in MMM.

Cavani is joining Atletico Madrid in the summer isn’t he?

devilish

Another bitter guy who can’t accept Haaland didn’t join us. We have Martial & Greenwood, why do we need to sign a striker who still need to be developed anyway?
Ole wanted him, the club wanted him and yet..... Despite ole is Norway's darling, his former manager and his father's former team mate he was more lured at Dortmund's project then ours.

Also when Sir Alex won the treble he had 4 top strikers. Having competition is necessary. Haaland was young, he was cheap and had different characteristics to what Greenwood and Martial could bring to the table. Oh well we can always get the Bournemouth guy for 50m. British players remember United on top and would want to be part of the club history. They would probably join us even if we have a dancing bear as manager

devilish

Do you even recall what Riola negotiated for the Pogba deal to us? Can you not even give Ole an inch to understand what he was probably asking us for to sign a potential superstar for £18m in this day and age?

I would hazard a guess at 50% of any profit personally.
Pogba was a WC player. Haaland is not. Raiola is a tough negotiator but he is not silly. Hence why he has players at clubs like Dortmund and Juventus who are far more sensible in terms of finances then we are. Also there's a level of influence which an agent can exert on a player. Ole is Norway's legend, his father's team mate and his former manager. Surely that should have been enough to wrestle the player our way. Unless of course the player don't rate his former manager very much

This is 2 things here that deserves a closer look

The club reluctance to spend which has been evident for the past 2 years

The manager's inability to sell his project even to players he has huge influence upon. Which explains why we seem to only be able to sign British players who are likely to be dazzled by the club and can't care less about the manager

A

devilish

I was feeling the Ole hatred in his posts but thought some common sense could get past that, clearly not.
I don't hate ole. We are not 10 year olds who hate people we don't know. However having an amateur manager will hurt us especially in terms of results and transfers. I never thought its to this extent. Haaland was an easy signing to make for Ole due to their common links. Most of us thought it was in the bag. It seems we were all wrong

We didn't lose haaland to Real, barca or even Bayern. We lost him to Dortmund who are far smaller then us in terms of reputation and financial means. Their manager has no links to the player either. Let that sink in

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ole wanted him, the club wanted him and yet..... Despite ole is Norway's darling, his former manager and his father's former team mate he was more lured at Dortmund's project then ours.

Also when Sir Alex won the treble he had 4 top strikers. Having competition is necessary. Haaland was young, he was cheap and had different characteristics to what Greenwood and Martial could bring to the table. Oh well we can always get the Bournemouth guy for 50m. British players remember United on top and would want to be part of the club history. They would probably join us even if we have a dancing bear as manager
Even if the manager wanted him but if the contract term is unacceptably asked by the agent/player, why do we have to accept the deal? How do you know if the player is the one who reject us not us?

devilish

Even if the manager wanted him but if the contract term is unacceptably asked by the agent/player, why do we have to accept the deal? How do you know if the player is the one who reject us not us?
And yet we are made to believe that these outrageous contract demands were met by Dortmund a club who is far smaller then us financially and had been financially sensitive for decades now

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And yet we are made to believe that these outrageous contract demands were met by Dortmund a club who is far smaller then us financially and had been financially sensitive for decades now
Contract demands is not just about wages & transfer fees, it also about certain clause where player & agent can receive certain % amount of the next sell fees. If United doesn't like that type of deal while Dortmund has no issue with it then it's not because the player rejects us. Fact is that this type of clause/contract is usually used on the selling club because they know the club is likely going to sell the player in the future and both player & agent will get some money from it.

jem

Agents are players employees not viceversa. Also when did raiola started working for haaland?

Why do you keep repeating the Nocera bit? It’s fecking annoying. And you are being naive in the extreme if you think Raiola doesn’t have a strong influence on his clients. Grow up!

jem

So by your ridiculous logic, we should have no trouble signing Sancho, given that he’s British. Madison as well. I’d rather have both those players than Haaland.

devilish

Contract demands is not just about wages & transfer fees, it also about certain clause where player & agent can receive certain % amount of the next sell fees. If United doesn't like that type of deal while Dortmund has no issue with it then it's not because the player rejects us. Fact is that this type of clause/contract is usually used on the selling club because they know the club is likely going to sell the player in the future and both player & agent will get some money from it.
Once again, we couldn't meet these outrageous demands and yet a smaller club with far more limited means did.

devilish

So by your ridiculous logic, we should have no trouble signing Sancho, given that he’s British. Madison as well. I’d rather have both those players than Haaland.
I think we're more likely to sign British players as they are more lured to the club and being part of the club's history irrespective of whose managing us. Having said that, if we're going to compete against the top dogs, then we'll probably have to outspend them in the same way we did for Maguire regarding City.

I don't know about Jadon though. The guy left England at age 17 and made a career abroad. He's not the typical British (ie the one who will likely dream of playing for Manchester United and can't see any football past the EPL)

Eriku

Ole and United’s interests don’t perfectly align with hot property like Haaland, and yes, his advisor Raiola. Haaland has made a fine choice, and so did United if it’s true we didn’t fancy a minimum release clause.

Your thinking on this is warped.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Once again, we couldn't meet these outrageous demands and yet a smaller club with far more limited means did.
What kind of non-selling club wants to meet a demand that share the sell fees money to the agent & player? Only a selling club like Dortmund would agree to it. There is a reason why it's not only us who rejected the term but also another non-selling club like Juventus.

devilish

Why do you keep repeating the Nocera bit? It’s fecking annoying. And you are being naive in the extreme if you think Raiola doesn’t have a strong influence on his clients. Grow up!
Agents have influence over players but as Raiola once stated, they are mere employees to their clients. You'll expect Norway's darling, Haaland's former manager and his father former team mate to have far more influence then he did. Anyway we're really going in circles here which is what redcafe is all about these days. No wonder why I prefer other platforms like quora nowadays.

devilish

What kind of non-selling club wants to meet a demand that share the sell fees money to the agent & player? Only a selling club like Dortmund would agree to it. There is a reason why it's not only us who rejected the term but also another non-selling club like Juventus.
Both Juventus and United are selling clubs. I can make you a list of players they sold despite being their key players. Anyway Juventus didn't need Haaland. They have Dybala, Higuian and Ronaldo. They might have been interested in adding a kid to send on loan and bring back in 2-3 years when the latter 2 retire but he wasn't top priority. Things were different for us and Dortmund.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Both Juventus and United are selling clubs. I can make you a list of players they sold despite being their key players. Anyway Juventus didn't need Haaland. They have Dybala, Higuian and Ronaldo. They might have been interested in adding a kid to send on loan and bring back in 2-3 years when the latter 2 retire but he wasn't top priority. Things were different for us and Dortmund.
Selling club? Dortmund sold a lot of their best players to their rival Bayern ffs!! And you want to compare us to them?

devilish

Selling club? Dortmund sold a lot of their best players to their rival Bayern ffs!! And you want to compare us to them?
Dortmund are a smaller club if that's what you're asking but let's not pretend we don't sell key players despite not wanting to do so. Same with Juventus who are big in Italy but not so much in Europe. Also this selling to rivals thing is a big thing in the UK not elsewhere. Players to the level of Ibra, Baggio and Pirlo had played for all three traditionally big clubs in Italy

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Dortmund are a smaller club if that's what you're asking but let's not pretend we don't sell key players despite not wanting to do so. Same with Juventus who are big in Italy but not so much in Europe.
Okay, so your term is "smaller club". Let me rephrase the sentence again, "what kind of smaller club wants to meet a demand that share the sell fees money to the agent & player?"

The point is simple, we are not the only one who rejected the contract demand, Juventus also did and both clubs are bigger club than Dortmund. Why don't you get this?

devilish

Okay, so your term is "smaller club". Let me rephrase the sentence again, "what kind of smaller club wants to meet a demand that share the sell fees money to the agent & player?"

The point is simple, we are not the only one who rejected the contract demand, Juventus also did and both clubs are bigger club than Dortmund. Why don't you get this?
As said Juventus didn't need him as much as we do and they certainly didn't had the links we have with the player through Ole. Also I very much doubt that Dortmund had given to some 'outrageous' demands considering that are far better managed then we do. I fear that we couldn't sell our project to him and persuade him to come on our terms despite the evident links the player and his father have with Ole. We might not want the selling club tag but players might start to force clauses on us to make sure they would be able to leave the club if things don't work out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As said Juventus didn't need him as much as we do and they certainly didn't had the links we have with the player through Ole. Also I very much doubt that Dortmund had given to some 'outrageous' demands considering that are far better managed then we do. I fear that we couldn't sell our project to him and persuade him to come on our terms despite the evident links the player and his father have with Ole. We might not want the selling club tag but players might start to force clauses on us to make sure they would be able to leave the club if things don't work out.
You are just making assumption that Juve didn't need him as much as we do. They lost Mandzukic and the other two of their forwards are ageing (Ronaldo 34/35 yo) (Higuain 32 yo). While our forwards are still young. Why are we "so desperate" need a raw striker who requires to be further developed when we already have plenty that requires too be developed as well?

The point is that we are not the only one who reject the term but also Juventus. So stop making invalid excuses, every news/journalists said that we refuse to meet the demand. Why is it so hard to understand this?