Ole says this season will be used to find next season’s squad

the chameleon

Well, I had a look at the table when Klopp had Liverpool 2nd going into New year 2017. Liverpool were indeed 2nd on 40 points, we were 6th only 7 points behind.
Margins that small? We are 6th and are definitely playing worse than Liverpool. Ole's done an okay job. Despite the frustration, I don't mind him staying to build a solid foundation this year. But he is easily upgradeable and we would need to upgrade him when the right person becomes available.

So lets not start pretending that Ole is the Klopp. He shown nothing to even remotely show that apart from your "eerily" similar starting points and the that fact they had two "underperforming Belgian strikers" :lol::lol:.

the chameleon

What are you going on about... we're currently sat on a fecking miserable 28 points man.

Klopp was on 40 points
so no it wasn't really feasible at all that Liverpool were suddenly going to nosedive and finish 7th or 8th, what the feck are you smoking? Just admit that Klopp started his first full season like a house on fire and did miles better than what Ole is currently doing, it doesn't make Ole a shit manager not comparing well to the best manager in the game.

I was gonna break down the rest of your post but it's fantasy land stuff just like the above. Klopp is the single biggest reason by a mile why Liverpool are where they are, unless he's just been lucky enough to pick up jobs where everywhere he goes suddenly 90% of signings are amazing and his current players get tonnes better (Mikhi, Kagawa, Şahin etc etc.) and yet once they leave him, they turn to shit or at best "meh" again.

And then you think the Liverpool squad Klopp took over was 8th but underperforming and capable of a top 4, however.... let me have a wild guess here, you think Ole took over a squad that was performing either above or to it's level and wasn't capable of top 4?
I was thinking the same as you, then realised I'd rather do something. I think that poster has to a WUM.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You sound like a Trump supporter. All the evidence points towards what you've already decided is true and anything that doesn't suit that view is ignored.

They just have a stupid opinion FFS, to which they're fully entitled. And there's even the smallest possibility they might be right, stranger things have happened. Go and have a wank and delete your Twitter.
And you're calling me a trump supporter... oh the irony

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
And you're calling me a trump supporter... oh the irony
See. I clearly didn't call you a Trump supporter, you read something entirely different to what I wrote :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Clean sheets would be easier to come by if De Gea wasn't so error prone.

Facts are, De Gea is being worked less this season than in either of the previous two seasons (less saves), yet he's making more errors (Tops the goalkeeper errors table).
So not ole fault? It's de gea being shit.

In that case unless ole starts picking himself to start games, missed a sitter, or score an own goal then there's nothing that's his fault.

Keefy18

This is a very kind comparison for Ole here dude.

Klopp got 4th in his first full season with only 6 defeats and had already led Liverpool to 2 cup finals in his half season prior. He also had the previous pedigree of leading Dortmund to successive titles and a Champions League final.

They were clearly in a much more promising position than we are.
Not really.

I mean we are a whopping feckin 5pts from 4th.

Every season is different in terms of points totals and there are far too many variables to compare it in that much detail but the Ole out folks will want to do that of course.

Yes Klopp had that experience at Dortmund but that was after how many years there?

Again, I've not and am not stating time will guarantee Ole similar success.

Simply that he deserves more time and financial backing and who knows how it will play out.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
See. I clearly didn't call you a Trump supporter, you read something entirely different to what I wrote :lol:
I know you're not the type of guy who insults other. Been here a while to know that.

By all means normally I'm quite reasonable and can argue and respect different opinions.

But certain ideas that ole is as good as klopp, and many other absurd excuses created to defend ole cant be debated rationally.

Ole isnt that hopeless? Yes. But he's not currently the messiah. Anything reasonable in between is fun to argue, extreme left or right arent.

Keefy18

What are you going on about... we're currently sat on a fecking miserable 28 points man.

Klopp was on 40 points
so no it wasn't really feasible at all that Liverpool were suddenly going to nosedive and finish 7th or 8th, what the feck are you smoking? Just admit that Klopp started his first full season like a house on fire and did miles better than what Ole is currently doing, it doesn't make Ole a shit manager not comparing well to the best manager in the game.
Point missed completely but OK...I'll try again.

It's the points GAP! We are 4 points off 4th, Liverpool were 2nd and 7 pts from 7th!

You suggest their form wouldn't nosedive? It feckin did!

• First half of the 16/17 season (19 games) - 43 points won.
  • Second half of the 16/17 season (next 19 games) - 33 points won.

I was gonna break down the rest of your post but it's fantasy land stuff just like the above. Klopp is the single biggest reason by a mile why Liverpool are where they are, unless he's just been lucky enough to pick up jobs where everywhere he goes suddenly 90% of signings are amazing and his current players get tonnes better (Mikhi, Kagawa, Şahin etc etc.) and yet once they leave him, they turn to shit or at best "meh" again.
Single reason me arse...

How come our supporters have forgotten Liverpool celebrating 2-2 draws with WBA at feckin home and rushing the Kop end!

Klopp had his periods of struggle up to Edwards arrival and often dropped points against the leagues worst. I mean in his first full season he lost to Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull & Palace and drew with Southampton, West Ham, Sunderland and Bournemouth again.

And then you think the Liverpool squad Klopp took over was 8th but underperforming and capable of a top 4, however.... let me have a wild guess here, you think Ole took over a squad that was performing either above or to it's level and wasn't capable of top 4?
Pretty sure the same group of players minus Suarez achieved 2nd only a few months prior?

More short term memory loss here I can only assume.

Margins that small? We are 6th and are definitely playing worse than Liverpool. Ole's done an okay job. Despite the frustration, I don't mind him staying to build a solid foundation this year. But he is easily upgradeable and we would need to upgrade him when the right person becomes available.

So lets not start pretending that Ole is the Klopp. He shown nothing to even remotely show that apart from your "eerily" similar starting points and the that fact they had two "underperforming Belgian strikers" :lol::lol:.
Yeah, never once said that.

Simply said both managers started at similar periods and had similar problems to over come.

Not even saying Ole will take a similar successful turn.

Just that he should be given some more patience and support.

But no doubt this will be replied with again by imaginary statements.

Last edited:

Keefy18

So not ole fault? It's de gea being shit.

In that case unless ole starts picking himself to start games, missed a sitter, or score an own goal then there's nothing that's his fault.
If he dropped him for Romero would you be in favor of that?

Or is he right by sticking by De Gea?

It's a genuine question and I'd love your answer............

Dante

Average bang
Why are people complaining? His statement should be true of every squad over every season.

Should this season not be used to find next season's squad?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If he dropped him for Romero would you be in favor of that?

Or is he right by sticking by De Gea?

It's a genuine question and I'd love your answer............
Managers are judged by pts at the end of the day.

Shit howler? Scoring a worldie? Injury? Red card? Opponent having a slump?

It all evens up. You can make an argument for extreme cases in a few crucial game (maradonna hand of god, nani red card, agueroooo) but over the course of 38 games the bucks stops at the manager.

I wont blame ole if he falls 2 or 3 pts short of 4th. Its just luck and many things can go wrong over a season. But when you constantly failed to beat teams youre supposed to beat, amassing a total of 5 pts out of possible 30 against the lower table teams odds are the manager is clueless.

We're not talking about one losses in isolation here, i dont give a rat's arse if de gea or anyone made a howler, it happens to everyone. But not having a clean sheet in 18 games? There's something wrong with how we're set up.

This is not kneejerk

Ole has close to 40 games with united. How many more games until you give him full responsibility? 100 games? Another 500m spent? A new xi? A new board?

Basically you're creating excuses after excuses to justify our shit result as anything other than being managed by a manager that's out of his depth

Keefy18

Managers are judged by pts at the end of the day.

Shit howler? Scoring a worldie? Injury? Red card? Opponent having a slump?

It all evens up. You can make an argument for extreme cases in a few crucial game (maradonna hand of god, nani red card, agueroooo) but over the course of 38 games the bucks stops at the manager.

I wont blame ole if he falls 2 or 3 pts short of 4th. Its just luck and many things can go wrong over a season. But when you constantly failed to beat teams youre supposed to beat, amassing a total of 5 pts out of possible 30 against the lower table teams odds are the manager is clueless.

We're not talking about one losses in isolation here, i dont give a rat's arse if de gea or anyone made a howler, it happens to everyone. But not having a clean sheet in 18 games? There's something wrong with how we're set up.

This is not kneejerk

Ole has close to 40 games with united. How many more games until you give him full responsibility? 100 games? Another 500m spent? A new xi? A new board?

Basically you're creating excuses after excuses to justify our shit result as anything other than being managed by a manager that's out of his depth
Yeah I asked you a simple question....... which you conveniently ignore.

I wonder why.

Care to answer the question I put to you.....

Does Ole drop De Gea for Romero (likeliest option to replace him) or stick?

PS The bit in bold is utter bolicks. We are currently 4pts off 4th and you are arguably the most vocal poster on here full of hate towards Ole.

cheeky_backheel

Cant wait for the excuses that will be given next season when we are still not competing for top 4

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I know you're not the type of guy who insults other. Been here a while to know that.

By all means normally I'm quite reasonable and can argue and respect different opinions.

But certain ideas that ole is as good as klopp, and many other absurd excuses created to defend ole cant be debated rationally.

Ole isnt that hopeless? Yes. But he's not currently the messiah. Anything reasonable in between is fun to argue, extreme left or right arent.
Alright fair enough. I just don't think this atmosphere on here is healthy at the moment, everything has become extreme for no reason - we're neither doing extremely badly nor extremely well! :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

I wonder why.

PS The bit in bold is utter bolicks. We are currently 4pts off 4th and you are arguably the most vocal poster on here full of hate towards Ole.
Most vocal?

I dont even post much in here.

Paul_Scholes18

I wonder why.

He is not going to do it, but he should do it at least for 1-2 games.

Keefy18

Most vocal?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

23,126 Comments and your "latest activity" is a hive of anti Ole sentiments.

https://www.redcafe.net/members/sky1981.20139/#latest-activity

Bar the odd comment about Trump or Japan at least 90% of your comments are Ole out related.

Still avoiding answering...

I'll explain why...

If Ole sticks with De Gea you'd slate him for sticking with an under performing player.
VS
If Ole drops De Gea you'd slate him for dropping our best keeper.

Lets be honest that is exactly what you would do and hence you won't answer and choose instead to dance around the subject.

Keefy18

He is not going to do it, but he should do it at least for 1-2 games.
I'm more asking the poster Sky1981 what is it Ole should do...

Basically if

Ole drops him - Sky will slate him for dropping our best keeper.
vs
Ole sticks with him - Sky will slate him for sticking with an under performing keeper.

He's clearly that kind of "supporter".

It's the points GAP! We are 4 points off 4th, Liverpool were 2nd and 7 pts from 7th!

• Second half of the 16/17 season (next 19 games) - 33 points won
And yet they finished 4th :lol:

So the idea they would end up 7th or 8th, (your fecking words man) was fantasy land stuff, you're making a mockery of your own arguments yourself, I hardly need reply.

No point has been missed at all, you are attempting to bend every stat to make out Ole is doing an "eerily similar" job to Klopp in his first full season, he's not, not at all.

As for "Liverpool were 2nd and 7 pts from 7th", a laughable point when Ole is currently 7 points off 15th.

Pretty sure the same group of players minus Suarez achieved 2nd only a few months prior?

Suarez AND Sterling (conveniently left out I notice) were their 2 best players by a fecking country mile, Suarez the best in the entire league. And no @keefy, just 4 months before Klopp arrived that shite Liverpool squad finished 6th.

They finished 2nd with Suarez and Sterling (and Gerrard) in May 2014. 17 months before Klopp arrived.

Ole's United squad though, they did finish 2nd a few months before Ole arrived with the exact same squad.

"short term memory loss" indeed @Keefy18, you're having a mare mate, I mean just listen to your argument, Ole vs Klopp and give your head a wobble. Come back in May if Ole looks like he's anywhere near on the same trajectory and we'll listen, but until then you're having a fecking nightmare.

Keefy18

And yet they finished 4th :lol:

So the idea they would end up 7th or 8th, (your fecking words man) was fantasy land stuff, you're making a mockery of your own arguments yourself, I hardly need reply.

No point has been missed at all, your trying to bend every stat to make out Ole is doing an "eerily similar" job to Klopp in his first full season, he's not, not at all.
You suggested their form didn't nose dive, it did.

They weren't exactly a million miles from mid table at the time of them being 2nd, that's the only point I'm making vs Ole isn't exactly a million miles from 4th either himself... EXACTLY where Klopp finished in the end anyway.

Until we know how the season finishes for Ole then its just predicting.

Suarez AND Sterling (conveniently left out I notice) were their 2 best players by a fecking country mile, Suarez the best in the entire league. And no @keefy, just 4 months before Klopp arrived that shite Liverpool squad finished 6th.

They finished 2nd with Suarez and Sterling (and Gerrard) in May 2014. 17 months before Klopp arrived.
Yep they lost Sterling to City and bought Mane in. Not the worst transfer by any means.

By and large the same group of players finished 2nd not that long prior.

A top 4 finish was the least Rodgers should of been doing, I mean... he was basically sacked for his form and top 4 looking unlikely with Klopp available.

Ole's United squad though, they did finish 2nd a few months before Ole arrived with the exact same squad.

"short term memory loss" indeed @Keefy18, you're having a mare mate, I mean just listen to your argument, Ole vs Klopp and give your head a wobble. Come back in May if Ole looks like he's anywhere near on the same trajectory and we'll listen, but until then you're having a fecking nightmare.
Well, I mean Jose was failing with that same 2nd placed finishing squad himself. He was sacked in December last 11 points from 4th, we are currently 4 points from 4th.

No short term memory loss and as pointed out above... Ole is on course to finish 4th...... Just like Klopp did.

All that matters is the finishing position in May, why bother bringing up their league position after December? That's peak RAWK mentality like when they win leagues in December.

Ironically, your first statement in your reply is.... "And yet they finished 4th".

You suggested their form didn't nose dive, it did.
No, you suggested that despite being 2nd at the turn of the year they could've easily finished 7th 8th just as Ole's United could this season. And no, that wasn't possible, even a lesser second half of the season (10 points) had them in 4th, imagine the fecking nosedive it would've taken for them to finish where you suggested was possible?

8th place was 46 points... so your suggestion meant Liverpool had to nose dive and pick up 6 points in the second half of the season? How fecking unbelievably ridiculous is that @Keefy18? it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on here, and Wummy is on this forum man!

I'm bored to feck of your drivel, when you resort to making shit up and making strawmans it aint worth it. Keep living in your fantasy land and imagine that Ole's first full season so far resembles anything like Klopp's, and whilst doing that, remember that you sound like a dipper on RAWK in the 00's.

Keefy18

No, you suggested that despite being 2nd at the turn of the year they could've easily finished 7th 8th just as Ole's United could. And no, that wasn't possible, even a lesser second half of the season (10 points) had them in 4th, imagine the fecking nosedive it would've taken for them to finish where you suggested was possible?

8th place was 46 points... so your suggestion meant Liverpool had to pick up 6 points in the second half of the season? How fecking unbelievably ridiculous is that @Keefy18? it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on here, and Wummy is on this forum man!

I'm bored to feck of your drivel, when you resort to making shit up and making strawmans it aint worth it. Keep living in your fantasy land and imagine that Ole's first full season so far resembles anything like Klopp's, and whilst doing that, remember that you sound like a dipper on RAWK in the 00's.
And they could have.

What you are arguing is Klopp in 2nd place couldn't of lost 7 pts to drop to 6th vs Ole won't make up 4 points to 4th.

Are you seriously that stupid you can't understand betting odds / probability?

Their form dipped, they dropped 2 places. Luckily the teams below them also suffered huge dips in form and didn't capitalize on their drop in form as I've pointed out matter of fact to you already.

Same way our form could improve and we make up 4 points to ultimately finish 4th just like Klopp did.

Here you go... 18 games in at the date you provided originally in late December of 2016.

Sound logic there man, Keep the insults coming it just proves how wrong you are.

And they could have.

What you are arguing is Klopp in 2nd place couldn't of lost 7 pts to drop to 6th vs Ole won't make up 4 points to 4th.
Are you playing stupid here? You said 7th or 8th and now it's all of a sudden "6th".

And of course Ole and United can get 4th, but right now we're 8th and on 15 less points than Klopp was on at this point in his first season at Liverpool. I can't play imaginary future scenarios with you.

Keep moving those goalposts you dipper RAWK poster.
Your image was hilarious considering Klopp was on 40 points after 18 games and Ole was on 25. :lol: What point are you making here again?

Last edited:

Keefy18

Are you playing stupid here? You said 7th or 8th and now it's all of a sudden "6th". :lol:

And of course Ole and United can get 4th, but right now we're 8th and on 12 less points than Klopp was on at this point in his first season at Liverpool. I can't play imaginary future scenarios with you.

Keep moving those goalposts dipper.
And for them to drop below us in 6th they would have to drop more than 7pts, which is what I've said all along.

It wasn't beyond the realms of possibilities.

Same way it isn't absurd to think we can gain 4 points to sneak ahead of Chelsea.

Instead you are painting this scenario Klopp rocked up to Liverpool and were amazing within a few games and didn't lose to cannon fodder, he did.

In his first season he finished ultimately and that's all that matters and Ole still very much has a chance of doing the same and if you want to discuss cup form also well, Klopp made the SF of the league cup, which we are in also and we are still currently in the Europa as well.

But yeah our season is a complete write off to some.

And for them to drop below us in 6th they would have to drop more than 7pts, which is what I've said all along.

That's a lie... good night.

Well, I had a look at the table when Klopp had Liverpool 2nd going into New year 2017. Liverpool were indeed 2nd on 40 points, we were 6th only 7 points behind.

With margins that small, it was entirely possible Liverpool could of finished 7th or 8th himself.

Sigh....the gap was 7 points to 6th...If they lost more than that they'd be 7th / 8th.
No, the gap from Liverpool in 4th to Everton in 7th was 15 points... maths not your strong point ?

And the gap from Liverpool in 4th to Southampton in 8th was 30 points. (but I did this with you earlier and said your point was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen here, yet you doubled down).

For the last time now, good night. Time to hope Ole goes on a massive winning run. Come on!!

Keefy18

No, the gap from Liverpool in 4th to Everton in 7th was 15 points... maths not your strong point ?
That was the final table ffs! You mentioned a specific date in December...Your quote was

"eerily similar" my arse ,by 28th December in his first full season Klopp was 2nd"

I provided you with the league table as of that exact point.

I don't give a brass monkeys what the gap was at the end of season from 4th to 7th or 8th, it means nothing in reality. They still finished 4th and there is a strong chance we could as well.

That's literally the point I've made yet you started out your originally point saying it was deluded to compare the 2?

So in a nutshell, we can finish 4th just like Klopp done, in the League Cup Semis...Just like Klopp done... AND... Ole is in the Europa still... Klopp wasn't.

That was the final table ffs! You mentioned a specific date in December...Your quote was

"eerily similar" my arse ,by 28th December in his first full season Klopp was 2nd"

I provided you with the league table as of that exact point.

I don't give a brass monkeys what the gap was at the end of season from 4th to 7th or 8th, it means nothing in reality. They still finished 4th and there is a strong chance we could as well.

That's literally the point I've made yet you started out your originally point saying it was deluded to compare the 2?

So in a nutshell, we can finish 4th just like Klopp done, in the League Cup Semis...Just like Klopp done... AND... Ole is in the Europa still... Klopp wasn't.
Wow Keefy, goalpost moving again.

Once again, we are comparing them now (or well, you were). I mean, yes, Ole might finish 4th, win the CL next season and have 50 points in the league by Xmas the following year, who knows, we can only dream.

Thing is, we have no idea so we can only judge them up to now. That has been the entire point all along. And it's nice you don't give a brass monkeys any longer about your 7th-8th claim rather than just admitting you got that completely wrong and didn't realise that a team in 4th getting less points than the team in 6th doesn't make them 7th.
It's not tough to admit you ar wrong, I mixed up Klopp EL final with winning a trophy and said instantly I got it wrong.

So for the final time so as not to completely bore the socks off everyone, Klopp and Ole's first season starts are not "eerily similar" so far, not at all. That is the only point I have been making here.

Keefy18

Wow Keefy, goalpost moving again.

Once again, we are comparing them now (or well, you were). I mean, yes, Ole might finish 4th, win the CL next season and have 50 points in the league by Xmas the following year, who knows, we can only dream.

Thing is, we have no idea so we can only judge them up to now. That has been the entire point all along. And it's nice you don't give a brass monkeys any longer about your 7th-8th claim rather than just admitting you got that completely wrong and didn't realise that a team in 4th getting less points than the team in 6th doesn't make them 7th.
It's not tough to admit you ar wrong, I mixed up Klopp EL final with winning a trophy and said instantly I got it wrong.

So for the final time so as not to completely bore the socks off everyone, Klopp and Ole's first season starts are not "eerily similar" so far, not at all. That is the only point I have been making here.
Look, you took a date of 28th December of Klopp having Liverpool in second and I agreed cause it is what it is. I said he ultimately finished 4th as their form took a bit of a drop off in the new year of that season, which is what happened.

Our form is pretty good right now, we are 2nd in the form guide only to Liverpool over the last 6 league games and only 1 loss in 9 all comps, just 3 in 17 games.

Klopps form from Aug-Dec was brilliant no doubt, but Ole's is improving as the season goes on and again, after 38 games it could end up the same for them both with a 4th placed finish.

Kag

Of course it is. He’ll have a clearer picture of where we need to improve, having given a host of relatively unproven players an extended run in the team.

The likes of Rashford and Martial are showing some form. The likes of Lingard and Pereira are demonstrating the need for new players.

The club need to back him and the transfer business needs to be savvy. A striker, a right winger and two midfielders (one attacking/one defensive) are absolutely crucial.

Look, you took a date of 28th December of Klopp having Liverpool in second and I agreed cause it is what it is. I said he ultimately finished 4th as their form took a bit of a drop off in the new year of that season, which is what happened.

Our form is pretty good right now, we are 2nd in the form guide only to Liverpool over the last 6 league games and only 1 loss in 9 all comps, just 3 in 17 games.

Klopps form from Aug-Dec was brilliant no doubt, but Ole's is improving as the season goes on and again, after 38 games it could end up the same for them both with a 4th placed finish.
I'm not arguing with any of that Keefy, never have, never will.

I'm a happy United fan after this December.

OrcaFat

• Second half of the 16/17 season (next 19 games) - 33 points won.

Single reason me arse...

How come our supporters have forgotten Liverpool celebrating 2-2 draws with WBA at feckin home and rushing the Kop end!

Klopp had his periods of struggle up to Edwards arrival and often dropped points against the leagues worst. I mean in his first full season he lost to Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull & Palace and drew with Southampton, West Ham, Sunderland and Bournemouth again.

Yeah, never once said that.

Simply said both managers started at similar periods and had similar problems to over come.

Not even saying Ole will take a similar successful turn.

Just that he should be given some more patience and support.

But no doubt this will be replied with again by imaginary statements.
Good post.

OrcaFat

Another good post.