Ole when sacked vs Ten Hag currently

OrcaFat

It was the teams we were losing to under Ole. And the manner of the last defeat. The board must have felt they had no option.

Say we get little or nothing from these next two games and somehow get biffed by Luton, I think EtH would be sacked. It’s when it looks irretrievable and the club becomes a laughing stock, the sacking gives stakeholders a reason for optimism.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I’ve blanked Ole’s end game from my memory. Too traumatic. Did we get out of jail with late goals/undeserved wins as much as we have in the beginning of this season?
I don't think so. We didn't play well of course, but we didn't steal points either.

Ole's last 5 games were particularly poor and that cost him. 4 losses and I think all of them were really ugly.

laughtersassassin

We are in the sunk cost fallacy stage.

From a statistical standpoint there is no reason ETH should still have a job.

And from a football Quality standpoint there is no reason either.

With the money he has wasted on useless players it's become impossible to defend.

Essentially he isn't getting fired because the club decided that we already tried that before.

AFC NimbleThumb

With the money he has wasted on useless players it's become impossible to defend.

Essentially he isn't getting fired because the club decided that we already tried that before.
Perfectly put.

Had we not been through the Ole fiasco followed by the false dawn that was Ralf he’d be gone or going.

I was massively behind EtH but the more football I watch the more I feel duped.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I can see some promising signs personally. Hojlund fair play is looking a beast and we can finally now have a deep lying playmaker in Amrabat.

He almost won two trophies and got 3rd last season with no striker. We’ve needed a great playmaker to control games, a back 4 and a better attack then I’ll judge him.

Our attack is utterly shocking currently. Players are either non existent due to mental issues, lack regular goalscoring ability or are too young. Antony was his fault sure but your allowed one or two mistakes.

The keeper ticked many boxes when we signed him but sometimes transfers don’t work out. Wouldn’t put that on the manager all us fans said yeah sure looks a good footballer about Onana.

De Jong, Kane and Kim aren’t at United too which we can tell didn’t help ten Hag out one bit. Most of his main transfer targets he doesn’t seem to have.
Yeh he would have fixed everything if we have another 200m for him to spend.

Hughie77

Shaw out, Malacia out, Reguilon in and out(loan). Varane in and out . Martinez out .. ETH has hung his hat on a young striker imo mistake, he has changed to much at one time.
Imo no need to get Mount in no need to change keeper this season next season OK. £100million on Mount and keeper?
That money imo should have gone on a top striker unless the u turn on a Goal scorer they shipped out to Spain ETH didn't know about until it was to late?
He has all of this season , no European football next season will be a hit for the Glazers pocket , maybe then he will get Sack?.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It felt like the knives were a lot sharper for Ole, ETH has more credit in his locker due to being a title winning manager at Ajax but he's quickly losing credit.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
ETH has more credit in his locker due to being a title winning manager at Ajax but he's quickly losing credit.
It's tricky... On the one hand, we have pretty much played this whole season with minimum one (usually two, often three) of our 3 core players out: Varane, Martinez and Casemiro. And when we weren't that good to begin with the drop in quality is going to be brutal.

But on the other hand, Ten Hag was supposed to implement a clear style and have the team play better football. I can accept a drop in quality when so many key players are out, but this is about as bad as it can be. He's very much showing the same poor form as his predecessors did at their worst.

RazorOz

We're acting how we've always acted, we're never quick to sack the manager. It's normally only when things get totally desperate the manager gets sacked. Like go look back how bad the final run of games were that got Ole sacked, we'd won 1 of our last 7 league games, which included 3 smashings with the last coming against Watford, we're not at that level yet. ETH will go when things reach a similar desperate level.

Someone mentioned were we getting the same out of jail wins at the end of Ole's reign, and the answer is yes, they were mostly in the Champions League, after that opening loss to Young Boys in the group, we somehow ended up with 7 points from home to Villarreal and the 2 games vs Atalanta, but we were lucky in all of them, from memory we should have been losing by more than 1 to Villarreal, but ultimately got a 95th minute winner, we were 2-0 down at home to Atalanta, but won 3-2 with a second half turnaround, I seem to remember us being heavily outplayed away to Atalanta, but Ronaldo got a 91st minute equaliser. Even in the league before that 1 in 7 run, we'd got that 89th minute Lingard winner vs West Ham from 1-0 down. So there was plenty of paper over the cracks before the eventual collapse.

bleedred

I have said this before, eth's high moments have been nothing compared to the Ole, jm and LVGs, but his lows have been rather worse than the rest.

Crashoutcassius

It felt like the knives were a lot sharper for Ole, ETH has more credit in his locker due to being a title winning manager at Ajax but he's quickly losing credit.
People wanted ole sacked the season before he was sacked. People wanted ole sacked the moment he started and they were desperate to be right. A lot of those people are desperate to be right on Eth who appears on the surface to be a more credible manager.

Robbie Boy

I don't think so. We didn't play well of course, but we didn't steal points either.

Ole's last 5 games were particularly poor and that cost him. 4 losses and I think all of them were really ugly.
Ole's final games sealed his fate. But his whole tenure was full of nicking points when he looked doomed.

James35

Ten hag in the league has way worse loss record than Ole and the goals scored.

In 48 games we have scored 69 and conceded 59.

At least with Ole we scored goals and lost less despite him being rather rubbish. Under Ole we scored 198 and conceded 126 in 104 league games.

laughtersassassin

According to MEN ETHs job is not under any pressure and Richard Arnold and the club believe we are progressing.

Obviously a mental take considering we are arguably the worst we have ever been post Ferguson

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
We're acting how we've always acted, we're never quick to sack the manager. It's normally only when things get totally desperate the manager gets sacked. Like go look back how bad the final run of games were that got Ole sacked, we'd won 1 of our last 7 league games, which included 3 smashings with the last coming against Watford, we're not at that level yet. ETH will go when things reach a similar desperate level.

Someone mentioned were we getting the same out of jail wins at the end of Ole's reign, and the answer is yes, they were mostly in the Champions League, after that opening loss to Young Boys in the group, we somehow ended up with 7 points from home to Villarreal and the 2 games vs Atalanta, but we were lucky in all of them, from memory we should have been losing by more than 1 to Villarreal, but ultimately got a 95th minute winner, we were 2-0 down at home to Atalanta, but won 3-2 with a second half turnaround, I seem to remember us being heavily outplayed away to Atalanta, but Ronaldo got a 91st minute equaliser. Even in the league before that 1 in 7 run, we'd got that 89th minute Lingard winner vs West Ham from 1-0 down. So there was plenty of paper over the cracks before the eventual collapse.
I remember those improbable results. Most fans were shushing those who were complaining about the football, same as those fans who kept pointing to 3 CL finals in 4 or 5 years (never mind 2 of them lost) when others talked about the dour football.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
People wanted ole sacked the season before he was sacked. People wanted ole sacked the moment he started and they were desperate to be right. A lot of those people are desperate to be right on Eth who appears on the surface to be a more credible manager.
I can't understand being a United fan and wanting the manager to fail. Why would you want to be right if it means that the club you support must suffer? It's like a hypochondriac gleefully celebrating their own cancer diagnosis. What a sad life that must be.

laughtersassassin

I can't understand being a United fan and wanting the manager to fail. Why would you want to be right if it means that the club you support must suffer? It's like a hypochondriac gleefully celebrating their own cancer diagnosis. What a sad life that must be.
For me it's very simple. I want every manager we get to succeed but I'm not afraid to call them out when I think it's clear they are getting nowhere.

Some people say that's not supporting the manager but I think that's nonsense.