Ole will be in attendance for the game against Wolves tomorrow

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he favoured a counter attacking style, which is why he signed players who suited a low block in his first window like Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Dan James. You can't say he didn't have a plan or that his style wasn't effective at times: we went to the Etihad and won 3 times in a row, which is no mean feat. I just think he came up short when trying to transition us from a counter attacking team to a front front team and utimately it showed that he had a ceiling.
The way some people post on here you'd think he got us relegated and then slept with their sisters. Jesus Christ!! So much nonsensical vitriol over him, I'll never understand.

He was good for 2 seasons, not in the 3rd, was rightly sacked. That's all that happened. People need to move on!!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Defend deep and allow flair players to do what they do when they get the ball is not a philosophy. When Jose plays a low block against Barcelona and avoids possession it is a tactic, defending with all you have until you get a break isn't the same.
So when Jose arrives at United, goes into away games vs top 4 teams with an approach of defending deep with no counter attacking plan other than leaving Lukaku isolated up front, it's a tactic. But when Ole goes into away games vs the top 4, defends deep and cuts apart teams on the counter attack with Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Dan fecking James creating chance after chance, it's just vibes? Got it.

bringbackbebe

I think he favoured a counter attacking style, which is why he signed players who suited a low block in his first window like Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Dan James. You can't say he didn't have a plan or that his style wasn't effective at times: we went to the Etihad and won 3 times in a row, which is no mean feat. I just think he came up short when trying to transition us from a counter attacking team to a front front team and utimately it showed that he had a ceiling.
This is the right narrative. His downfall was accelerated & his idea thrown to the dustbin by the signing of Ronaldo. The hatred for Ole is something I'd never get and is mostly by people who've never seen him play with us.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This is the right narrative. His downfall was accelerated & his idea thrown to the dustbin by the signing of Ronaldo. The hatred for Ole is something I'd never get and is mostly by people who've never seen him play with us.
He was one of my favorites as a player. He just has no business being a manager of a premier league club. The guy is Pochettino's age ffs not some young manager. People mostly don't hate Ole as much as the idea that he's a manager when he's not. If he wasn't linked to us as a player we'd all be on the same page on this.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Defend deep and allow flair players to do what they do when they get the ball is not a philosophy. When Jose plays a low block against Barcelona and avoids possession it is a tactic, defending with all you have until you get a break isn't the same.
Unlike Ole, Jose was a world class manager once. So he should have done much better at United. Instead in Ole‘s two full seasons compared to Jose‘s we scored more league goals. So it seems to me it was rather Jose who had the „plan“ to „defend with all you have until you get a break“. In 2016/17 we scored a grand total of 54 league goals. 7 teams in that season scored more than us.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
On his last appearance at the stadium, United managed more attempts on target at their own goal than Manchester City's and limply lost the derby 2-0.
The humiliation was so profound Pep Guardiola insisted it was "okay" City only won by a modest 2-0. Ole in. Ole was out after United shipped four goals at Watford a fortnight later.
His managerial stint was actually a success, of sorts. Solskjaer overachieved expectations to last almost three years and preside over a misleading second-place finish.

But no club has hired him since. Solskjaer is too synonymous with United and his major feat remains winning the Norwegian title with Molde.

When it was suggested to a Norwegian journalist that Solskjaer might be in line for the national team job, they scoffed: "Stale Solbakken is considered a better coach in Norway."
Now Solskjaer is no longer an official representative of United he can be more candid. Gary Neville was the same; a Glazer apologist until the Super League threatened the English football pyramid that Salford City are at the foot of. Sir Alex Ferguson continues to stay mum, unwilling to jeopardise his handsome ambassador's fee. Solskjaer may not be the other side of the fence but some militants have not forgotten about his unctuous defence of the Glazers when they confronted him at Carrington. Solskjaer assured them that Joel Glazer "loves the club".
He always was a clunky communicator and that skill can never be underestimated in a manager. Erik ten Hag brushed up on his English after a startlingly succinct press conference unveiling and, while still imperfect, his message is delivered with clarity.

It is a crowdpleasing narrative for any former United manager to level the blame at the powerbrokers. Jose Mourinho was not backed and then sacked. Solskjaer and Louis van Gaal were blindly backed. Van Gaal is a greater raconteur than Solskjaer with a greater honours' roll.

In the first fans' forum after Solskjaer's departure, the football director John Murtough aired his own eulogy: "He reset the club’s culture and reshaped the squad, leaving us in a stronger position today than when he returned in 2018."

That was patently untrue. Ralf Rangnick, the right mind but the wrong manager, inherited a disjointed dressing room.
Solskjaer described them as "snowflakes". An old word had a new meaning when it was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2018, defined as "an insult to describe someone who is overly sensitive or as feeling entitled to special treatment or consideration".

Solskjaer's not wrong there. The millennial mentality of entitlement ground Mourinho down and it is rife in other workplaces.

But Solskjaer was part of the problem and the man at the wheel often wobbled. Many of the players thought he was a "soft touch" and one confronted Solskjaer over his team selections, accusing him of dodging tough decisions.
The list of players mismanaged by Solskjaer breaks double figures. A dressing room source said Solskjaer's handling of David de Gea was a "big problem", he reneged on a pledge to install Dean Henderson as the No.1 and Tom Heaton rejoined on the assumption he would be number two. He was number three.

Axel Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams were irked by a sudden lack of opportunities, Eric Bailly despaired at Solskjaer's selections, Donny van de Beek was sold a pup, Jesse Lingard did not know if he was coming or going, Anthony Martial felt mistreated and Marcus Rashford grew resentful.

Most are still contracted to United, who would be better off without the majority of them. Yet Solskjaer had cultivated such a carefree culture Bailly received a new contract and United held discussions with the representatives of Lingard and Paul Pogba before their deals expired. United do not miss them.

justsomebloke

Please tell me how claiming no premier club since has shown interest in ole is an outlandish claim?
If you like, I can do a proper analysis of each point in your post where you make a categorical claim about things you don't know and can't know? It'd be superfluous, but if you insist..,.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If you like, I can do a proper analysis of each point in your post where you make a categorical claim about things you don't know and can't know? It'd be superfluous, but if you insist..,.
Go ahead but instead of going point by point tell me how it's outlandish to claim no premier league club has shown any interest in Ole since his sacking

justsomebloke

Go ahead but instead of going point by point tell me how it's outlandish to claim no premier league club has shown any interest in Ole since his sacking
Why? Did I write somewhere that this was the only outlandish claim you made?

justsomebloke

I think it's a fundamental - and fairly odd - misconception that we played a counterattacking style under OGS. It never made sense to me at the time, except for a handful of games against the strongest opponents. Against everyone else, we typically dominated possession, played nothing remotely like a low block and scored the majority of our goals from established play. We had the ball more in 19/20 and 20/21 (around 56%) than we did this season (around 54%).

For the pundits, I can only assume that the impression formed during his caretaker period (when we certainly did play in that way), and was then entrenched because they mainly watched (or paid disproportionate attention to) the biggest games. But even in those games, United were no longer playing like this by 20/21 - teams like City and Chelsea had adjusted, and played more carefully, ceding more of the initiative.