Ole's Clean Slate for 2019/20 Season

Drainy

"2. Ole has an idea of how he wants his football to be played.". I stopped reading after that.
This is only time ever that people judge manager's style of play based on what that manager said on press conferences. Nobody saw his " fast attacking football" but people talk about it. Amazing stuff.

We were playing Oleball up until the point we played Liverpool and PSG and got ruined by muscle injuries. After that we changed back to a more conservative gameplan because the pre-season training was inadequate for the running needed to play the new tactics.

For fecks sake it's going to take time to implement, especially with the style requiring more physical excersion than any manager since SAF.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Again i must ask; why? Based on what do you think this? You watched him in Molde so you know? I don't know how he managed Molde, style and team management but i saw how he did it in Cardiff and i saw how he is doing so far in United. And i don't see anything which can back your statement.
Didn't you shit on our team saying how poor they are when you were defending Jose? Reading some of the posts from past, it makes criticism of Ole downright stupid when you defended Jose saying how bad the team (he built) is, somehow that benefit of doubt isn't given to Ole.

fallengt

Klopp got Liverpool to europa league final. His first season wasn't great but you could clearly see the style of play was there.
Ole did that for 6-7 games then reserved back to whatever gameplan (minus hoofball to Lukaku and Fellaini) of which Mourinho tried and failed.

Ole has his idealistic football in mind, no doubt about it but can he transfer it into his team is a different question.

DOM6284

Ole has to be given a clean slate for the start of the new season- if he isn't then what was the point in appointing him in the first place. If anything he will have a major advantage over LVG and Mourinho. He will have worked closely with the players for more than six months by that stage. He'll know what they offer and who he wants to keep so he can immediately properly set about forming a side which is capable of challenging for a champions league place and hopefully the title.

He needs to set his mark on the team and crucially the board need to back him. I like the noises he is making about the players he is aiming to sign. He is trying to build a team and coming away from the galactico era that has dominated the transfer strategy of his predecessors. Obviously we need an injection of quality into the squad but we also need the right temperament in a player and I think you'll see that in his signings and ultimately in his decisions of what players to sell or release.

Like with any manager the teams results will be the acid test but I just hope he is allowed to play with players he has chosen and I think the club could benefit from taking a longer term view (2-3 years) in regards to the teams progress before ripping up the formula book and having to start again with another expesive re-build. He'll need time to make this project work and I hope he gets it.