Omar Berrada | Man Utd CEO

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Does this mean we're going to get a load of made up sponsors?

What about our noodle partner? What will happen to our legitimate sponsors?

tbf, much as I hate to admit it, that lot are a well run club and we've been very poorly run for a while now. Hopefully, it will be a positive appointment for the good of the club.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Laying back, smoking an imaginary cigar.
He's good but not that good.

cyberman

If all the charges are proven, then he’d be looking at jail time I’d imagine.

I don’t think it’s possible to have the level of responsibility he did without having an intimate knowledge of the requirements to meet competition laws. United wouldn’t be hiring him as CEO if he didn’t have significant experience with FFP.

I might be wrong, but it also seems very unlikely that someone “jumping [a sinking] ship” would be offered the chief engineers job on a bigger boat if he helped build the ship that’s sinking?
He might have known but not have been legally okaying it? Again, I’m not saying anything either way but I’m struggling to see how he would be involved in false accounting or be some kind of important figure in a deal between the Dubai royal family and buffed numbers from Dubai sources. Hes not the one okaying it all, its that Tixi fella with his head on the blocks if they’re going up the chain of command in terms of over all responsibility surely? If he’s set a mandate in terms of FFP wriggle room then I’m sure he could argue he was fooled by false accounting as well.
Knowing us it’ll only be he who gets the blame!

C'est Moi Cantona

The City forum is fun, when the news first arrives you get the honest reaction so alot of shocked posts about the news and also the acknowledgement that he is going for not only a better offer but also because he knows that City might be about to blown into oblivion. Then after an hour or so you get bravdo brigade and who offer the early posting Bluemooners some 'wet wipes'. say he is only going to United as a spy, or claim to have never heard of him.

Cloud7

I can't pretend I know anything about him, but City have been extremely well run, so I think he is a good hire

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Anyone have a clue what he does? Loads of media nonsense about haaland but anything concrete on what his job has covered and what he achieved ?
Sure theres more out there (and it’ll come in next couple of days) but,..

“He was the chief football operations officer at City Football Groupoverseeing talent management, performance services and football intelligence. Prior to the role, which he has held since September 2016, Berrada had worked as commercial director for City Football Marketing before.”

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Anyone have a clue what he does? Loads of media nonsense about haaland but anything concrete on what his job has covered and what he achieved ?
I doubt it. He's basically never been mentioned on here before today.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Haaland being the premiere available striker with a reasonable buy out fee for the richest club in the world whose dad also played for City in a window where anyone else that could’ve needed, afforded or been attractive to him was already stocked?

Hugely complicated coup for sure.

Chairman Steve

If this video is anything to go by, he’s a pretty integral senior official for them if him and Begiristain are discussing first team squad strategies.

city-puma

Looking forward to all accountable for the last two transfer windows fired.

Laurencio

Never heard of him, but reports seem to indicate he was very highly thought of at City and envisioned to hold a key role for them for many years to come. Interesting that we poached City's "heir apparent" as athletic seem to suggest.

IrishRedDevil

‘ The Club is determined to put football and performance on the pitch back at the heart of everything we do. Omar’s appointment represents the first step on this journey.’

Chairman Steve

I get the feeling it’s going to annoy me and so many fans the next few months the calibre of appointments we may be getting, after a decade of Glazer horseshit and being peddled people like Woodward, Arnold and Judge.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Interesting. I can’t get excited about anything anymore until you actually see results…but seems a step int eh right direction

hobbers

Hopefully between Brailsford, Blanc, Berrada and (presume) Ashworth there's enough football nous, or even just basic intelligence, to manage to not spend another £280m on Casemiros, Mounts, Sanchos and Antonys.

GBBQ

Would any business be okay with discovering that their CEO was involved in a massive financial cover up at their previous employer?
I mean your club didn’t see fit to fire him all the while this has been looming. These things are rarely down to the actions of one single person and I think we all expect that City will never realistically be punished for this; It was all Berrada’s doing and we’re just so glad he’s gone and we can move on

however it would be absolutely hilarious if we’ve just handed City a scape goat.

spwd

Excellent, I like this determined and prompt decision making!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
“It is our stated ambition to re-establish Manchester United as a title-winning club. We are pleased that Omar will be joining us to help achieve that goal, so that, once again, United fans can see, in the words of Sir Matt Busby, the red flag flying high at the summit of English, European and world football.”
:)