Other Nationalities: Ghana

Height: 179cm
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Foot: Left
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2024​

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Good Luck out there, you've definitely made your heritage and family proud.

SoCross

Can anyone shine some light on this lad? Since he’s in the travelling squad

Glorio

Haven't really watched him, only really saw him yesterday where he didn't do much, but then, who did in that second half bar Gore

E-mal

I thought Emeran was better from the little I watched, surprised he ends up going for the tour.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol: You arse :lol:

And shed some light, duh.
:lol:

Oh ffs, he scored a hattrick vs Everton U-21 few months ago, also by cutting from the left to centre, and Ten Hag probably thought it would be nice to have someone who can finish at all. His composure during penalty was not too shabby btw.

Dve

Surely, Hag must have seen something in him that we've yet to see in any senior games where he's done next to nothing. Maybe next time, if he'll be given more chances during preseason.

SoCross

:lol:

Oh ffs, he scored a hattrick vs Everton U-21 few months ago, also by cutting from the left to centre, and Ten Hag probably thought it would be nice to have someone who can finish at all. His composure during penalty was not too shabby btw.

Thanks mate. You’re alright after all :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Must admit his inclusion in the main tour squad was the one that most surprised me.

He's got decent touch and technique, and being a left footer might help him, but I've pretty much classed him as similar to the likes of Iqbal and Savage in terms of ability level when watching him at youth levels - i.e. good enough at those levels, but not showing that they have anywhere near enough to establish themselves at senior level.

Of course Iqbal and Savage played last season PSF's, so it doesn't really mean all that much. But most of the other midfield academy products in the main squad I've higher hopes for - Mainoo, Hannibal and Gore.

Forson was a surprise inclusion for me, as I thought he'd just be one of those going over for the Wrexham game. And was surprised he got 45 minutes v Arsenal ahead of some other options. He really didn't do much to press his claims for further minutes, but hopefully he'll put in a better performance in some of the other friendlies.

khoazany

I think it's just for squad balance, as Pellistri, Emeran etc are all right side wingers but Forson is more flexible.

I would just play Hannibal on the left if it was me, but perhaps ETH wanna see him playing on his best role vs. Wrexham instead of makeshifting him into the first squad.

Bertie Wooster

I think it's just for squad balance, as Pellistri, Emeran etc are all right side wingers but Forson is more flexible.

I would just play Hannibal on the left if it was me, but perhaps ETH wanna see him playing on his best role vs. Wrexham instead of makeshifting him into the first squad.
True, yeah Forson is more flexible as he can play CAM as well.

Though as he's also left footed, and with ETH's fondness for inverted wingers, I was assuming he was maybe selected instead of left footed Emeran as, with him not even travelling for the Wrexham game, I imagine he must have missed the touring squads with an injury?

I was surprised he was used ahead of the likes of Hannibal and Pellistri v Arsenal. And him not dropping down for the Wrexham game suggests he's got a chance of featuring in the Madrid game as well.

Glorio

Didn't really watch the U21 side once the likes of Amad, Hannibal, Pellistri stopped featuring. For those who have been watching, is Forson any good?
He doesn't appear to have much about him to get excited about at all based on this pre-season

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Didn't really watch the U21 side once the likes of Amad, Hannibal, Pellistri stopped featuring. For those who have been watching, is Forson any good?
He doesn't appear to have much about him to get excited about at all based on this pre-season
i’ve watched none of and couldn’t pick him out of a line up, but in caf tradition, and based on pre-season, i think the only way we recoup any money on him is if we charge people to watch him being fed into a large meat mincer (industrial, not winton.)

Baxquux

I reckon he's a 'loan to the Championship or mid Dutch side then sell for 3m' (which would be a step up from some of our recent 'great hopes') player...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's alright.

city-puma

The conversion to inverted winger is better done and coached as early as possible apparently. He is very good and balanced in both feet. From the preseason, he has already stepped up to be in the frame of first team squad. Pellistri has to turn up tomorrow on left side to be considered being included in the first team squad.

Hoof the ball

The conversion to inverted winger is better done and coached as early as possible apparently. He is very good and balanced in both feet. From the preseason, he has already stepped up to be in the frame of first team squad. Pellistri has to turn up tomorrow on left side to be considered being included in the first team squad.
Has he?

Mr PG

People judge when they know so little about a player. When Omari Forson joined Man utd I believe like 9yrs old he played like Messi.
He’s just nervous you can tell by how easily he’s been lozing the ball… uncharacteristic of him. I believe he can be as good as Saka. I predicted Saka would be a star when he was at same stage. They’re both very quick footed and both as strong as an ox. Omari is a good shooter(he’s scored a few crackers)

khoazany

I have a feeling his versatility/flexibility is the reason for the inclusion. Or maybe we wanna send the other players on loan so makes sense to play him to prepare him to be emergency backup this season.

Last edited:

Thiagoal

People judge when they know so little about a player. When Omari Forson joined Man utd I believe like 9yrs old he played like Messi.
He’s just nervous you can tell by how easily he’s been lozing the ball… uncharacteristic of him. I believe he can be as good as Saka. I predicted Saka would be a star when he was at same stage. They’re both very quick footed and both as strong as an ox. Omari is a good shooter(he’s scored a few crackers)
That’s funny, I was going to post that he reminded me of Saka when watching him for the U21’s.

I think he has a lot of talent- great technique, good decision making and a composed finisher. Whether he’ll have the confidence to show his abilities at senior level remains to be seen! Elanga had similar attributes when progressing through the youth ranks and couldn’t transfer it… yet! I personally think he will shine at Forest and prove a lot of United supporters wrong that have dismissed him too early!

Alemar

Didn’t do much today despite so much playing time given

criticalanalysis

......ermmm I like him?

He's got good feet, decent skill and is quite secure with the ball despite not doing much with it. Looks like he has dribbling/take on ability too. I'd prefer these sort of fundamentals compared to an Elanga, who is basically kick and rush.

If he gets games/a loan, he could develop well.

Trex

I don't see it. Maybe its the occasion but where's the x factor.

Trex

Don’t think there’s anything to see really. He’s not exactly a hyped youngster is he? One we’ll sell down the line I think.
ETH sees something though giving him all that minutes.