Omari Forson | 2023/24 Performances

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Isn't he likely gone in the summer on a free (or a tribunal fee - don't remember how those work) anyway?

flameinthesun

Looks like he was given the start solely for his physical attributes as technically he is not that good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know we're depleted, but why on earth throw him in for this one.
Should have started with McTom up front and left the wingers alone.

El Jefe

I’m convinced EtH’s interest in him is purely to win points for being through another youngster. He doesn’t trust Amad and it’s dawned on him that Antony is shite so in a way the risk is worth the reward for him.

Between preseason and his cameos since then, I’ve seen nothing in Forson to even justify his place in match day squads.

KjaAnd

I wish the lad all the best but why on earth did he start today in place of Amad? He didn't even look particularly quick for a winger.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Feel for him, not yet ready and thrown in to that team. He'll have his time.
He is 19. With 19 you can have issues but if you look out of depth like he did then obviously you are not good enough for the club.
We must stop giving chance to players who are clearly not good enough for the future.

Dannn411

Not his fault. It was the fault of the clown who threw him into a situation he was clearly not equipped or ready for.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think Ten Hag wants him to sign a new deal and has involved him in the squad lately in order to convince him to do that.

I must say, watching him in the youth team when he first got here, I thought he was head and shoulders above, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he became a player. But probably wasn’t the player for 3pm on this particular day.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I really don't like to say this in regards to a youngster, but Ten Hag showed himself up big time today by selecting him. It wasn't even fair on him. How you can not recognise that Amad and Antony are so far clear at this stage, really is a worrying thing. I honestly don't know what ETH is thinking with his ideas on football at times.

It's no reflection on Forson either. We're a fragile team and he shouldn't have been put into this match today.

edgecutter

Doesn't look like he's got "it". That said, everyone was a bit shite today.

SAFMUTD

Must admit, I dont see the hype. Looks no better than the lad we sold to forest....
I have seen absolutely no hype around him, I haven't watched him before the few cameos this season but the ones on this forum that knew him from the academy are pretty much on the same page of him being average, I still haven't seen a single opinion about him being special or at least having potential.

Elanga at least had the physicality, pace and power. This guy looks bang average at everything.

peridigm

Not his fault. It was the fault of the clown who threw him into a situation he was clearly not equipped or ready for.
Amad should have started over him based on experience alone. ETH is inept at the simple decisions.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I thought he did alright tbh. Didn't look like he was used to playing on the right in this system and ended up in slightly odd positions at times but he was better than Eriksen and McTominay when they came on.

No1_Dave

Unlike Mainoo, this guy really doesn't have any outstanding qualities, technically not that good in terms of close ball control or dribbling, doesn't look very strong or fast to be able to beat a player, nothing special in terms of passing or link up play, really doesn't look ready for the 1st team. Should have played McTom up top and left Rashford & Garnacho in their best positions, Forson should only be a sub/backup.

Dearg hÉireann

He definitely didn't look ready for that start today. I'm not seeing anything special with him and if he's getting a start over Amad, when ETH said both trained well then it's a headscratcher tbh.

jesperjaap

Like many dont get why he started over Amad. Personally though technically gifted I think people have massively overplayed AMads loan spell and I dont think he will make it here, but without being offensive he certainly offers more than Forson and that even includes experience.

ETH has been very unfortunate with mid/long injuries to our best players trhoughout the season....but his selections considering the lack of choice through injuries to him is alarmig to say the least

Ekeke

Thought he was okay and involved in some of our best moves in the first half with pass and move football. A little unlucky with one of his shots being blocked by a teammate too. Solid enough debut to build on

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I really don't like to say this in regards to a youngster, but Ten Hag showed himself up big time today by selecting him. It wasn't even fair on him. How you can not recognise that Amad and Antony are so far clear at this stage, really is a worrying thing. I honestly don't know what ETH is thinking with his ideas on football at times.

It's no reflection on Forson either. We're a fragile team and he shouldn't have been put into this match today.
I still can't get over the decision to start him... and start him on the right-wing at that (I would have given ETH a bit of a pass if he had started him up-front, though even that would have been a bit loony).

It's really pretty absurd.

ROFLUTION

I'd say EtH selected him for reasons we fans cannot see. Could have trained well all week while Antony/Diallo didn't. Could be contract situation minded. Could be both. Or maybe just to test if he had what it takes and introduce someone against a more tired team later on in the match. The reasons could be many, but I doubt it was just because he didn't see what we in hindsight see with him.

Nickelodeon

Difficult to judge him basis this performance. But it had no attributes we expect from a youth player. No bravery, no take ons and nothing proactive. Very disappointing.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hard on the kid last weekend, he is not a wide player at all. He has a very specific (limited) skillset. He is good in central positions where he can link up with others, use his strength and hold up. But he is not a 1 vs 1 player to beat people with pace and skill.

Really wonder why he was shifted to the wing.

r0663664

Worships Man City
No blame to him, Erik is to blame for the overall weak performance from the whole team. Maybe Erik needs an eye test on who is good enough to start. Eriksen could have started with Bruno as a false 9, we would definitely have more control in midfield rather then bring cut open time after time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hard on the kid last weekend, he is not a wide player at all. He has a very specific (limited) skillset. He is good in central positions where he can link up with others, use his strength and hold up. But he is not a 1 vs 1 player to beat people with pace and skill.

Really wonder why he was shifted to the wing.
Perhaps because he’s played most of his academy games as a winger? Just a thought.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Perhaps because he’s played most of his academy games as a winger? Just a thought.
Where he had some kind of physique and skill to get past youth players, that will just not work against PL players for him. You will need blistering pace like Garnacho.

So far in any decent cameo he has had for the first team, it was central.

top1whoisman

Scout
Where he had some kind of physique and skill to get past youth players, that will just not work against PL players for him. You will need blistering pace like Garnacho.

So far in any decent cameo he has had for the first team, it was central.
Would that be the four minutes against Wolves, one minutes against Wigan or two minutes against Newport County?

It's generally easier for young players to come in to the first team as a wide player, so it makes sense. That's also the positions he's got most experience in.

Smores

I've said it before but it's ten times harder for a player out on loan to make it here.

Players shouldn't entertain a loan if they want to play at United because no matter how well you perform, getting the random attention of the manager is an easier route whether you're ready or not

Hopefully one of the things INEOS put in a system to manage.

Bertie Wooster

I've seen Forson a lot with the U18's and U21's and he isn't one that I have had huge hopes for making the grade at first team level here.

So I was surprised to see him start over the other (less than ideal) options such as Antony, Amad, or McTominay (with Bruno moving right).

But once he did start, I'm also surprised so many expected him to be the #9. He isn't a central striker. He may have made a few brief cameo appearances out of position to give Hojlund a few minutes rest late on in games, but he's a wide striker / AM and so it made total sense, once selecting him, to start him out right.

My surprise was that he opted for Forson as the starter. But if he is going to get games here, then out wide is where he should be playing as that's his usual position.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would that be the four minutes against Wolves, one minutes against Wigan or two minutes against Newport County?

It's generally easier for young players to come in to the first team as a wide player, so it makes sense. That's also the positions he's got most experience in.
Where he had an impact for two goals, both from central positions.

top1whoisman

Scout
Where he had an impact for two goals, both from central positions.
And for you that is a big enough sample size to suggest his best position? Or simply just that he made some good decisions on the ball, regardless of where he was played?

Also part of the impact was against a Championship club and a League Two club.

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
And for you that is a big enough sample size to suggest his best position? Or simply just that he made some good decisions on the ball, regardless of where he was played?
Well far more than he's shown on the wing so far. I struggle to see how he will have any sort of impact on the wing based on his current qualities and the opposition. He has actually looked like some threat / impact player in central positions. Even in the youth, he has started playing centrally more and more.

Roaming, dragging players out of position, linking up with players.