Once again, Sergio Ramos shows the world

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I still don't get it.

What he does is play right back.

Essentially you called him a world class right back, or a world class attacking right back.

I just think the world world class gets thrown around far too often, and this was just the easiest way to show it because it does get said about Ramos a lot.

beardsleybob

What I want to know is who's second choice right back?

Whoever he is, he should get an opportunity

Count Duckula

Well........ Ramos isn't that bad really is he?
Arbeloa was the best right-bank in the league last season. He's much better than Ramos.

Funny part is Madrid want to buy Arbeloa. So if they do get him, they'll have solved the right-back issue because they'll have replaced Ramos with a much better right-back. But what will they do with Ramos? Move him central, and today proved just how excellent a centre-back he'd make! :lol:

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Basically.

You'd think his awareness and concentration levels would sharpen up while playing at a top club over time, but it really hasn't.

Physically he's impressive - he's quick, strong and has a great jump - and technically he's strong too - he's very adept at just nicking it off the attacker's toes, he's a very good dribbler and he's a good passer - he's just severely lacking mentally in every aspect.
Which s all down to the coaching he is getting for me. If it doesn't improve he will never fulfill his enormous potential.

Merman

I've said this long ago. Almost every team in the premier league have a right back who could defend better than Ramos.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I fecking told you lot he was shite, cannot believe some of you thought he was world class. Laughable stuff.

On a side note - I hope to high heaven Real sign Maicon (and Ribery), which would mean they've shelled out upteen million dollars yet are playing Ramos at CB. Would be hilarious.

Brwned

He plays a different style of RB mate, and isn't that bad in attack, not at all.
Not really though.

Most of your highly rated right backs are good going forward and not so good defensively - Bosingwa, Daniel Alves, Maicon(to a lesser degree), Glen Johnson etc.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Ramos is one of those players that doesn't quite fit any position, at least, not at this point in his career. As a footballer, he's one of the most talented defensive players in the world, which emphatically does not mean that he's world class, though, unless we are going to start labeling players according to each attribute, or collection of related attributes, which completely ignores the reality of what a footballer actually is (i.e. the entire role that they fulfill, not part of it).

In time, as with Rio Ferdinand, his level of concentration will improve, as will his all-round defensive game, but he's still got a long, long way to go, and much further than Rio had at that age.

And the problem for Madrid (and Ramos) is that the areas that he needs to improve on the most are not likely to do so overnight (or even within a few years), regardless of how much effort he puts in on the training ground. Maturity, and all mental attributes, in general, can certainly be improved by a sustained effort, but we are a millions miles away from truly understanding the functioning of the brain, compared to our knowledge and understanding of the other areas of the body. That is why — at this moment in time, at least — unless you have a really innovative and knowledgeable coach, time is the only real guarantee that a footballer has, with respect to improving their mentality, and it is time that a footballer most lacks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Vato was mad at me because I haven't criticised Real Madrid players in months, so I had to bump this thread, since Ramos is an easy target.

He got another red card yesterday, and once again costed his team points. He has collected 18 red cards in his Real Madrd career so far, and he is just 27 years old. He will probably break all records for red cards untill he retires.

Brwned

What kind of red card records is he in with a shout of "winning"?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I think he has already broken the red card record for individual player at Madrid. La liga record for an individual is 18 while record across the spanish leagues is 27.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What kind of red card records is he in with a shout of "winning"?
According to Wiki, the record number of red cards received in a career in England is 13 which is jointly held by Steve Walsh and Rory McDonough. Both of those played over 500 games, Ramos has played less than 350.

Brwned

Funny that Ramos was the player that replaced Alfaro.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Funny that Ramos was the player that replaced Alfaro.
:lol: Didn't know this, Ramos might eclipse him though.

Strange thing is that Ramos never received a red card with the national team, so I'm blaming Spanish refs.

Goooose

Really? I've never heard this before.
They're all just failed midifelders. As a whole, the teams might be good defensively, but that's down to tactics and the workrate of the midfield. But the defender's themselves are awful. Well, they've seemed awful every time I've watched La Liga in recent memory.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
They're all just failed midifelders. As a whole, the teams might be good defensively, but that's down to tactics and the workrate of the midfield. But the defender's themselves are awful. Well, they've seemed awful every time I've watched La Liga in recent memory.
Maybe the attackers are just very good. :smirk:

Seriously though, the premier league might have better defenders but around here everyone seems to think that no team in Spain knows how to defend.

Brophs

The One and Only
I wouldn't mind but he's a soft shite and all. 18 red cards makes him out to be a bit of a hard man, but he's a massive fecking fanny.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
The 'funny' thing is, he should've had so many more red cards. Elbows flying around, nasty little things etc.