Once again, Sergio Ramos shows the world

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Or a striker... :lol:

The most over-rated footballer in the world, I don't think there's much going his way recently.

To think some of our supporters wanted him... HA

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Whats with the gay pic and replying to your own thread twice?

OneUnited24

Whats with the gay pic and replying to your own thread twice?
It proves his dislike for the player because he not only hates him enough to make a thread about him but also to keep the thread going by posting in it.

Back on topic:
:lol: Sergio Ramos

ALX8725

reyalP maeT htuoY
Take Me Home, United Road. To The Place I Belong,
to be fair he probably wouldnt have done that at 0-0, he probably had chasing the game in the foremost of his thoughts.

Still, thats the most shite defending ever.
I wonder what was going through his mind.... "oh, we're down 1 goal, let me try to control this ball right infront of goal with one of the other team's forwards right behind me..."

Epic

I wonder what was going through his mind.... "oh, we're down 1 goal, let me try to control this ball right infront of goal with one of the other team's forwards right behind me..."
To be fair he didn't knew there was a US player right behind him. Or at least it looked like he didn't have a clue about it.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Or a striker... :lol:

The most over-rated footballer in the world, I don't think there's much going his way recently.

To think some of our supporters wanted him... HA

He's not THAT bad, like any Spanish defender it'll take time ofr him to grow into his defensive skills.

Like Micah Richards, moving to the wing after coming through the ranks as a CB has sort of hurt his development, but he's still one of the best and I would argue he's world class at what he does.

Not so much Richards of course.

And, he's still bloody young.
This one still tickles me:

Hes better than Maicon.
This obviously after Scholesy saying he'd barely seen Maicon play before.

Brwned

To be fair he didn't knew there was a US player right behind him. Or at least it looked like he didn't have a clue about it.
Yeah, but he's a defender, and one of the most prominent traits in top defenders is great awareness.

It's not exactly a good excuse.

dave2528

:lol:

This is just like the stupid powerpoint presentations that I have to suffer through occasionally at work when they decide to repackage our same wore out services as something "brand new" and "exciting".

Brilliant stuff!

Epic

Yeah, but he's a defender, and one of the most prominent traits in top defenders is great awareness.

True. And that's why he's not very good.

OneUnited24

I'm not too sure, but wasn't he marking Dempsey when Dempsey was making his run into the box?
Also you would expect a top level defender to have some awareness about him, i mean playmakers are playmakers because their awareness is that much higher than other players because they can see passes, i would expect a defender - a supposed 'world class' defender to still know there was a opposition player near him

OneUnited24

Dam you beat me to it, i suppose thats what i get for taking too long for quoting and wondering how to word it!

Brwned

True. And that's why he's not very good.
Basically.

You'd think his awareness and concentration levels would sharpen up while playing at a top club over time, but it really hasn't.

Physically he's impressive - he's quick, strong and has a great jump - and technically he's strong too - he's very adept at just nicking it off the attacker's toes, he's a very good dribbler and he's a good passer - he's just severely lacking mentally in every aspect.

Brophs

The One and Only
Topical, eh?
I see what you've done there...

He's always been a pretty mediocre defender. People confuse being half-decent going forward with being a decent full back. Any time I see him he looks right on the cusp of a monumental brain-fart.

ALX8725

reyalP maeT htuoY
Take Me Home, United Road. To The Place I Belong,
I see what you've done there...

He's always been a pretty mediocre defender. People confuse being half-decent going forward with being a decent full back. Any time I see him he looks right on the cusp of a monumental brain-fart.
This happens much too often, it's also used as an excuse for why he is sometimes caught out of position. A fullback is a defender first and foremost.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Fail to see what I said wrong there, share the same notion, the bold is true, he's a good strong attacking fullback, one of the best at it... defensively? Shit, and he's not improved at all and it showed today.

So you digging up old comments and such is a bit of comedy since that quote didn't contradict anything i've said.

Brwned

Fail to see what I said wrong there, share the same notion, the bold is true, he's a good strong attacking fullback, one of the best at it... defensively? Shit, and he's not improved at all and it showed today.

So you digging up old comments and such is a bit of comedy since that quote didn't contradict anything i've said.
Doesn't directly contradict it, but deep down you know that your stance on him in those two posts are completely different.

In one you're bigging him up as a world class, in the other you're calling him one of the most overrated footballers in the world and it's laughable that anyone would want to sign him.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
World Class "AT WHAT HE DOES"

He isn't shit going forward, he's one of the best in the world at it from his position infact.

I also point out he's a player who can improve because he's young, but he hasn't, yet some people think he's the best in the world.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
How dare you all question Ramos? He is a supreme Gallactico defender with the shooting and the stepovers and tattoos and the sliding on the knees.

Just as well Ronaldo loves tracking back and giving the ball to overlapping fullbacks.