One Thing This Slump Has Taught Us...

Getsme

At least when Liverpool were going badly you didn't do any of them things...hmm All teams revel in each others misery it just how it is. Get over it and stop being so melodramatic.
In fairness you still are going badly, but slightly better than your usual poor standards and that's all thanks to Suarez. We are making you look good as well unfortunately.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I have had some running 'chats' with these plastic scousers since the start of the season. They and other fans have been waiting 20+ years for this moment. My reply to the scouse fans is simple... come back when you have won the premier and then repeat it.as for the City 'fans' my other response is simple too.... your nothing but glory hunters- (even to my mate who has supported them all his life haha), I know this annoys them because that was one thing they had over United when we were winning everything, now they have turned into what they hated about United. My response to the Chelsea fans is that I dont even recognise as them as a football club so I refuse to get in any 'debates' with them. I keep these same responses for every bitter post that comes my way. To be fair they are starting to tail off now.
And yet you're the one that sounds bitter.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Shush, dont let the facts out, keep the delusion that we were a mid table nothing club up.

Hilarious thread though, lots of fist pumping and chest pounding, and talk about how all the other clubs arent real clubs or havent won things in decades. Please, please dont let this forum go this way as its beginning to sound like an embryonic version of RAWK, and I for one appreciate the fact you allow rivals and allow banter and freedom of opinion, does this mean if theres now a dip in United success we are going to be less welcomed here?
Get out and don't come back until we win the league again!

Cal?

CR7 fan
Shush, dont let the facts out, keep the delusion that we were a mid table nothing club up.

Hilarious thread though, lots of fist pumping and chest pounding, and talk about how all the other clubs arent real clubs or havent won things in decades. Please, please dont let this forum go this way as its beginning to sound like an embryonic version of RAWK, and I for one appreciate the fact you allow rivals and allow banter and freedom of opinion, does this mean if theres now a dip in United success we are going to be less welcomed here?

Really? I thought RAWK was all about how they have the greatest manager and the greatest player in every position and only Sir Alex and corrupt refs stopped them from ever winning the league or even finishing above you lot (Sir Alex was kind enough to even bribe the refs on your behalf to finish above Pool).

This place seems to be full of people moaning about how the runaway champions of last season are actually a very poor bunch of players...

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
In fairness you still are going badly, but slightly better than your usual poor standards and that's all thanks to Suarez. We are making you look good as well unfortunately.

I don't really think you can say we are going badly, I think we are going considerable better than we have in recent years. Even by normal standard, 2nd highest goals for and 4th in the league isn't 'going badly'.

That aside I was just saying that it's normal for teams to slag each other when one is doing worse, it's not specific to United.

Revan

Assumptionman
It is definitely the contrary to me. I remember years ago (especially in those three years when Ronaldo was magical) the number of messages I received after a loss. Then when we got eleminated to Bayern. And then that final on Wembley.

Now, even my best mate who is LFC fan is not doing it anymore.

Revan

Assumptionman

I think that most of the members here appreciate that we have many rival fans, and that they have freedom of opinion. I wouldn't want that to change at all.

Also, we have digs at other teams so regardless that this is the leading Man United forum, I don't see anything wrong to have a few digs in return.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
And yet you're the one that sounds bitter.
All I do is say these whenever I get a text or status update or comment or whatever. For some reason these people take great delight in including me in their banter whenever United lose, even though I didn't crow when United were at their best, as I could have done. I don't engage in debate as I used to because all I got told was I can't take a joke. So when I ignored it all I got was 'how its all gone quiet' etc etc. So my repetitive chosen responses to the respective groups are all I put. Rinse and repeat. like I say, they are starting to tire. The only bitter part of me is the part that wishes I had given it large to all when I had chance. I didn't.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I may add, its not all oppo fans that I have this issue with as my posts suggest, there is a Liverpool fan on the same snooker team as me and we have some great chats about football as it should be. I don't text him every time Liverpool lose and make horrible comments to him. and he doesn't do the same to me. I have other friends who support other clubs who are the same. Its the nobs who tagged me in a post calling me a Munich that I have an issue with. if I sound bitter at being called that then so be it.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
A bit rich coming from some posters here, seem spend a lot of time putting down rival fans/clubs here and dished out plenty in the past. Some people can dish it out but can't take it....

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
A bit rich coming from some posters here, seem spend a lot of time putting down rival fans/clubs here and dished out plenty in the past. Some people can dish it out but can't take it....
Some of the oppo fans (especially scousers) get very defensive when we dish stuff back at them, yet why are they even here?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
if something is funny then great, (I got tagged in quite a funny post/picture about Ashley Young that made me laugh) but when it just comes down to horrible insults, is that ok?

Cal?

CR7 fan
What amuses me is that many on here like to link to dumb RAWK posts when it's at least as bad if not worse on here, especially this season.

As I posted above...

Really? I thought RAWK was all about how they have the greatest manager and the greatest player in every position and only Sir Alex and corrupt refs stopped them from ever winning the league or even finishing above you lot (Sir Alex was kind enough to even bribe the refs on your behalf to finish above Pool).

This place seems to be full of people moaning about how the runaway champions of last season are actually a very poor bunch of players...

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Can't blame rival fans for taking the mick.

And it's easier to join in than it is to be defensive. We need to be able to laugh at ourselves. Or at least, appear to.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Some of the oppo fans (especially scousers) get very defensive when we dish stuff back at them, yet why are they even here?
Last few years this forum has got a lot more hostile towards rival fans, friendly banter is one thing but some here do nothing more but put other clubs or their fans down. Not that I'm offended but then why get so wound when they have to listen to it?

if something is funny then great, (I got tagged in quite a funny post/picture about Ashley Young that made me laugh) but when it just comes down to horrible insults, is that ok?
No which is why I don't get involved in all this nonsense and stick to talking about football.

Siorac

What amuses me is that many on here like to link to dumb RAWK posts when it's at least as bad if not worse on here, especially this season.
Come on, we don't write long retarded poems or make up fantasy stories about our upcoming successes, written in the style of mummy's favourite boy who just got his first thesaurus.

Wishing injury on rivals is also scarce around these parts. As is complete and massive delusion about our actual quality.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Last few years this forum has got a lot more hostile towards rival fans, friendly banter is one thing but some here do nothing more but put other clubs or their fans down. Not that I'm offended but then why get so wound when they have to listen to it?
Its because quite a few of them have become incredibly cocky and wum most of the time because Man United are in poor form at the moment, that is why a lot of us have become more hostile, I guess its a sort of defense mechanism. But their excuse is that its just banter, yet some of them are the same ones that cannot even handle it when we dish it out to them.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I for one used to gloat a lot more when united lost big matches in the past Before they hit 18 leagues . After they passed LFC it didn't have the same joy. The only way I can really take maximum enjoyment going forward is if we catch up or united fall off the map completely. Might be awhile.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

"Hey, rival fans! We don't take kindly to your type 'round here."

EverReddy

Consider it character-building. And it sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Interesting to see the reactions of some united supporters, esp. younger ones who have only known pretty much uninterrupted success.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Its because quite a few of them have become incredibly cocky and wum most of the time because Man United are in poor form at the moment, that is why a lot of us have become more hostile, I guess its a sort of defense mechanism. But their excuse is that its just banter, yet some of them are the same ones that cannot even handle it when we dish it out to them.
I don't think it has got worse now, your lot were dishing out plenty to the Arsenal fans last season about RvP and Liverpool when they finished out of all the Euro places.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think it has got worse now, your lot were dishing out plenty to the Arsenal fans last season about RvP and Liverpool when they finished out of all the Euro places.
But, we did win a throw in.

Name Changed

weso26
My response to the Chelsea fans is that I dont even recognise as them as a football club so I refuse to get in any 'debates' with them. I keep these same responses for every bitter post that comes my way. To be fair they are starting to tail off now.
:lol:

I've never actually met a Chelsea fan, nor a City fan for that matter.

I forgot how much I hated Arsenal until this season. I'd forgotten how insufferable their fans were. I'd even go as far to say that they are worse than the average Liverpool fan. But there are a couple of Liverpool fans that I know who are terrible, and they would take more delight in United losing than Liverpool winning.

Name Changed

weso26
I think United fans in general aren't too bad. There are only a small handful that I know who I would call bad fans.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I think United fans in general aren't too bad. There are only a small handful that I know who I would call bad fans.
Every club has its share of idiots. It's about how much you let them affect you. Looking at the precious quality of this thread and the posters in it, I think there's a fair few who let it get to them. The good bit for your lot about this transitional period is that it separates the sensible fans from the hysterical muppets very easily. The chest thumpers are just a natural by product.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
There's plenty of knobhead United fans. Plenty of knobheads everywhere.

You only have to see "Footy_Humour" on facebook or see RT's from @Footymeme's or something. It's all about getting sly little digs in.

feck em, we're the bes team in England by far. If you've given it out you have to take it.

togg

....well to be fair we take the piss every time City, chelsea, Arsenal of Liverpool lose a big match somewhere...gives us joy!! So...after twenty odd years of winning titles/cups I suppose we just have to take it all in our stride and accept we will get it back.

We'll be back...although at the moment...not quite sure when!!