Opportunity to write about United

Stevie G's Red Card

Hey everyone, I run one of the leading United fansites. The mods here have kindly given me permission to post this. We are looking for three or four writers to join our team to write news articles about United. This would involve writing short (200-300 words) reports, initially between 5 and 10 articles per week (to suit you), with more later if things go well and you have time.

You’d be joining a small and friendly United-mad team and will be paid a percentage of all the revenue that’s earned from your articles. So the more you write and the more successful they are, the more you’ll earn. It’s not a fortune but it can be a useful second income and there’s plenty of potential to grow the role.

If you have good writing skills and would like to explore the idea further, please send a direct message to me here, @Stevie G's Red Card. Thanks!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Have you tried posting it in other places like reddit? Could be helpful to you.
Anyway I'm neither a good writer nor do I have the free time to be so, so I'm afraid I cannot be of any further help.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm a writer but I know feck all about football. I'm also a shit writer. Good luck, though!

Teja

Are you open to general one-offs from fans? I like noodling with data quite a bit and am planning to blog about successful midfield pairings.

There are also many topics that come up here that aren't widely discussed anywhere else in the media.

@Adnan for example is very knowledgeable about the roles and responsibilities of various individuals involved in running the club.

This place has also been questioning Woodward and co's incompetence as a separate issue from Glazer ownership forever now and again the media coverage of the topic was extremely unsatisfactory until Woodward actually left.

It'd be amazing if you collect ideas from fans and publish them under a fan corner or something like that.

Stevie G's Red Card

Are you open to general one-offs from fans? I like noodling with data quite a bit and am planning to blog about successful midfield pairings.

There are also many topics that come up here that aren't widely discussed anywhere else in the media.

@Adnan for example is very knowledgeable about the roles and responsibilities of various individuals involved in running the club.

This place has also been questioning Woodward and co's incompetence as a separate issue from Glazer ownership forever now and again the media coverage of the topic was extremely unsatisfactory until Woodward actually left.

It'd be amazing if you collect ideas from fans and publish them under a fan corner or something like that.
Those are all great ideas @Teja, I'll DM you my email address and maybe you could flesh out how it would all work. Cheers

LuckyScout78

Sounds like something @LuckyScout78 might like to do
Most of the time i spend about scouting and writing players report. And i am free writer. I just write what is popping up on my head. Not specific only and about United.

Scouting/players reports, what idea i get in my head and everything relate too football. In general. I don't like to limit and press myself to write 5 or more articles in a week. Right now i dont have time for that.
My main focus ins scouting, scouting and scouting. Others things i write when i have time.

Good luck with your ideas and in the searching for writers ;)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Sounds interesting,
What sort of reports/articles did you have in mind? Is there a set topic per week or is it up to the writer?

Stevie G's Red Card

Sounds interesting,
What sort of reports/articles did you have in mind? Is there a set topic per week or is it up to the writer?
The editors create a storyboard of topics every day that's updated through the day. The writers pick stories from the board and write 200-250 word news articles and submit them for publication by the eds. Our aim is to cover all relevant United news every day.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I suggest you to reach out the best posters on this forum : horsechoker, Amadeus and Pexbo.

Moyes-eh

Hi, I have some previous experience writing for some low-level websites!

Is there an email address I could send samples of my work and we can discuss from there?

Thanks!

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I've been thinking about this. Could you share the website so I can have a look? DM me if you are still looking for people.

Stevie G's Red Card

Hi folks, we are once again looking for 1 or 2 writers to join our team, particularly if you can write in the evenings (UK time) and weekends. Please DM me if you'd like to know more. Thanks a lot.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sounds like you've got enough to become a great sports journalist.
Sports journalism is boring though. "Ten Hag said *this* in today's interview" and "Rashford explains why he doesn't eat chips - the seventh reason will SHOCK you" aren't that interesting to me.

An article called "Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near? Just like me they long to be; dead." is probably not something that the OP is looking for.

Stevie G's Red Card

Hey all, we are looking to hire another new writer if any of you are interested. It's the same format as before, writing short (200-300 words) reports, minimum 7 a week/28 month.

We are a friendly team of avid United fans. After a few days of training, you'd be paid a percentage of all the revenue that’s earned from your articles. So the more you write and the more successful they are, the more you’ll earn. It’s not a fortune but it can be a useful second income and there’s plenty of potential to grow the role.

If you have good writing skills and would like to explore the idea further, please send a direct message to me here, @Stevie G's Red Card. Thanks!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Not something for me, and I realise that you won't make a living doing this, but what sort of range of income might you achieve?

Stevie G's Red Card

Not something for me, and I realise that you won't make a living doing this, but what sort of range of income might you achieve?
It depends on your experience, your ability to write successful headlines, how much writing you do, the level of interest from fans at any point in time and the advertising rates being paid at the time... it could be anything from £100 to £1500 a month.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hey all, we are looking to hire another new writer if any of you are interested. It's the same format as before, writing short (200-300 words) reports, minimum 7 a week/28 month.

We are a friendly team of avid United fans. After a few days of training, you'd be paid a percentage of all the revenue that’s earned from your articles. So the more you write and the more successful they are, the more you’ll earn. It’s not a fortune but it can be a useful second income and there’s plenty of potential to grow the role.

What kind of topics would you be looking for a new writer to cover, articles about the games themselves or breaking news from the club regarding incidents or updates?

Stevie G's Red Card

What kind of topics would you be looking for a new writer to cover, articles about the games themselves or breaking news from the club regarding incidents or updates?
We're a news site so it is mostly fresh United-based news stories, but we also run some feature articles, analysis and opinion pieces as well. On matchday we do match reports, player ratings, "3 things we learned" type pieces etc too. The editors generally find stories and put them on a storyboard each day, and the writer assigns themself whichever they fancy and write them up (or you can find and suggest your own as well if that suits).

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Hello mate, I can't DM, seems to be an error. Can you ping me a message?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is there a way to get paid without writing any articles?
- Take any doom and gloom thread title from the United forum and plot it into ChatGPT.

- Copy Lucky Scout’s posts. Every post of his can be posted as a 3 part article series.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you want writers from here I hope you work for Dignitas.

Stevie G's Red Card

I'm not getting the DM's and I've reached my daily limit of 5 posts so I hope you guys can sort out my the DM's aren't arriving, or maybe an admin can lift my restrictions. You guys can also email me at redbilly (at) thepeoplesperson (dot) com. Cheers.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We're a news site so it is mostly fresh United-based news stories, but we also run some feature articles, analysis and opinion pieces as well. On matchday we do match reports, player ratings, "3 things we learned" type pieces etc too. The editors generally find stories and put them on a storyboard each day, and the writer assigns themself whichever they fancy and write them up (or you can find and suggest your own as well if that suits).
Sounds good! I'll ping you a message.