Oscars 2012

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Angelina Jolie gets on my nerves. Totally self-absorbed and so far up herself she could clean her teeth from the inside. I thought she made herself look a complete numpty with her 'look at me, how wonderful am I' pose.

EricaNo7

Angelina Jolie gets on my nerves. Totally self-absorbed and so far up herself she could clean her teeth from the inside. I thought she made herself look a complete numpty with her 'look at me, how wonderful am I' pose.
Very true but VB with her sulky posturing ran her close. I would love to shake her bony shoulders and tell her to smile occasionally

Livvie

Scout
Very true but VB with her sulky posturing ran her close. I would love to shake her bony shoulders and tell her to smile occasionally
The difference is though, that Victoria Beckham is uncomfortable having her photo taken, and hates her smile - she said this on Parkinson, and I think it's obviously true when you look at her. She does look very uncomfortable and doesn't make a good pic. because of that.

Angelina Jolie is just the opposite - she's more than comfortable with herself.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
The difference is though, that Victoria Beckham is uncomfortable having her photo taken, and hates her smile - she said this on Parkinson, and I think it's obviously true when you look at her. She does look very uncomfortable and doesn't make a good pic. because of that.

Angelina Jolie is just the opposite - she's more than comfortable with herself.
Women, amirite?

Livvie

Scout
Women, amirite?

Yes, well done, Pigeon!! Angelina Jolie and Victoria Beckham are indeed women.

The next test will be much harder, as you've moved on from identifying them, to understanding them.

(I won't mention the number of posts there are with men criticising men!)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Victoria loves getting her photo taken. That sulky look she does is like her trademark image

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Last week she had to cheek to moan she was tired because she was a working mother.

It saddens me that some will actually think, wow fair play to her

Livvie

Scout
Last week she had to cheek to moan she was tired because she was a working mother.

It saddens me that some will actually think, wow fair play to her
She wasn't moaning at all.

She was responding to critics who said she looked too tired and too thin.

And if she chooses the sulky look, it's not because she wants to look sulky but because she doesn't like herself in smiley photos.

She can be a pain in the bum, but I don't think she's nearly as bad as some people paint her.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
There's just so much good about tGtBatU. You get some action very early on. Then hardly a word is spoken for like 10-15 minutes. It's a slow build up with much anticipations. It's one of the few movies I know which gives me the same feel as reading a good book. The narration is all visual. The three characters are fantastic. Spot on the lot of them. It has great scenes (Beginning, introduction of The Bad, civil war scene, prison camp scene, desert scene, shootout in the town and the great ending).
Music score is one of the best I've heard in movies. Many people will know two parts of it without knowing which movie its from. That's rare with movie scores.
It's a very long movie indeed and you've got to be ready for it to watch it. I'm not even that bothered with westerns. Like them as well as many other genres. But I watched this for the first time when I was about 12 and really dug it then. Mostly because of Clint. But it has grown better on me over the years.
Its worth posting this:

That whole scene at the end is just magnificent.