Osimhen v Kane

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

croadyman

Right now neither looks attainable at all. Blx
Yeah could be turning to a Ramos/Kolo-Muani maybe even Vlahovic who still offer us a different dimension,however still see some twists and turns with these two yet.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We literally have the pl version of osihmen in rashford st scoring headers ffor fun.

. We need the WC version of weghorst.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Watching his highlights he looks like a right handful. He also looks like he will have games where his feet won't be connected to his brain and he'll play like Bambi on ice.

In two minds.

croadyman

Watching his highlights he looks like a right handful. He also looks like he will have games where his feet won't be connected to his brain and he'll play like Bambi on ice.

In two minds.
Yeah I am torn because in Kane you have someone who helps take advantage of Rapha,Casa & Bruno in their prime. On the other hand part of me is intrigued to see what more Erik's coaching could get out of Osimhen

Bebestation

To be fair, if we could have two Rashfords I think we'd be very happy to do so.
Would you feel the same with 2 Kanes or 2 Benzemas in the same XI? Kane works best with a son, benz with a R7 Or vini. 2 Rashfords wont have
any systemic balance unless they played on opposite sides.

Loony BoB

Would you feel the same with 2 Kanes or 2 Benzemas in the same XI? Kane works best with a son, benz with a R7 Or vini. 2 Rashfords wont have
any systemic balance unless they played on opposite sides.
I think most of us know that Rashford works best on the left side, and Osihmen seems to be best up front, so I don't think they're really two of a kind - but if they are seen as such, having one that favours one position and another that favours another, they should be able to work together and compliment each other nicely.

Bebestation

I think most of us know that Rashford works best on the left side, and Osihmen seems to be best up front, so I don't think they're really two of a kind - but if they are seen as such, having one that favours one position and another that favours another, they should be able to work together and compliment each other nicely.
Do you think osihmen plays in rashford with his back to goal or rashford provides crosses for osihmen to poach? How do you set them up & how do you want/see them linking up?

Loony BoB

Do you think osihmen plays in rashford with his back to goal or rashford provides crosses for osihmen to poach? How do you set them up & how do you want/see them linking up?
I think they both have their moments to shine, personally. Having just one avenue of attack is silly in top level football. You play the best option of attack, and that's generally dictated by the opposition's defence. It's like asking who you feed the ball to, Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez. "Why not all three?"

El Jefe

We literally have the pl version of osihmen in rashford st scoring headers ffor fun.

You went from comparing Osimhen continuously to Lukaku to downplay his ability and now moving on to calling him another version of Rashford.

Just say you prefer signing Kane than making up narratives about Osimhen.

If we had the opportunity to get Mbappe you wouldn't scoff at the idea of having 'another Rashford'. Real Madrid certainly didn't mind having Ronaldo and Bale in the same team despite their similarities.

With that said Osimhen and Rashford are not similar players.

Bebestation

I think they both have their moments to shine, personally. Having just one avenue of attack is silly in top level football. You play the best option of attack, and that's generally dictated by the opposition's defence. It's like asking who you feed the ball to, Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez. "Why not all three?"
Because in that front 3 atleast 1 is creative in Rooney. Tevez was also not bad with his interplay ability. Rashford & osihmen have hardly interlinking/passing ability in a front 3 except from who we play from the right wing. Antony & Sancho havent been the most creative this year either ~so most of our chances will have to be created by bruno fernandes.

Amarsdd

We sorta saw yesterday what each of them would give to our team. With Kane, we'd get more of the assist that Weghorst provided; basically playing through the other forwards and hold up play. With Oshimen, we'd get more of the great headers and goals from crosses and running behind the line like when Rashford started playing through the middle. If I was any bit confident that Oshimen would translate what he's showing at Napoli to the PL, then he'd be my clear favorite. But for now, I'd still slightly lean towards Kane.

Bebestation

You went from comparing Osimhen continuously to Lukaku to downplay his ability and now moving on to calling him another version of Rashford.

Just say you prefer signing Kane than making up narratives about Osimhen.

If we had the opportunity to get Mbappe you wouldn't scoff at the idea of having 'another Rashford'. Real Madrid certainly didn't mind having Ronaldo and Bale in the same team despite their similarities.

With that said Osimhen and Rashford are not similar players.
When did i ever compare osihmen to lukaku? Can you find the post? The only thing i may see similair is a possible loose first touch but i always have rated osihmen unlike lukaku.
Osihmen is the 2nd choice id go after kane. Rashford at ST can press, poach, header, score powerful shots ~ except he cant do things a player like kane back to goal can & neither can osihmen.

Your the one with made up shit.
:lol:

zaafi

Luckily we don't need our striker to be able to build up. Besides, Kane didn't do that as much earlier in his career so it's definitely something that can be taught.

It's Osimhen btw, not Osihmen.

Andersons Dietician

Started watching more of Osimhen and I’m starting to be swayed onwards him. Again it comes to what price both are attainable at but someone made a good point. This is similar to the RVP purchase. Seemingly at the time the options were RVP or Lewi. We went for RVP and won a title but we could have had Lewi who could possibly still have got us a title but would have had Lewi for 10 years or more.

So as much as Kane is probably more of a sure thing Osimhen certainly has something. Just 130 mil or whatever he would cost is mental.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappé is a Cristiano, a one-of-a-kind talent. Nothing else matters but to get the best of him when you have him, things like fit or tactics become less important, just put enough talent around him and he'll make you win

Neither Rashford or Osimhen are in that dimension. Maybe, they might reach the level of Bale, but i'm not sure that's enough. Cristiano and Bale worked for us because we had the perfect foil for both in Benzema, surrounded them with a truly staggering amount of talent all over the pitch, and by the end, when we became most successfull, Bale had effectively become a Super-backup. Bale was also, importantly, willing to sacrifice to make it work at the best times. Doing things like tracking back, staying wider, taking on more of a creative role when called upon to do so

El Jefe

Another big game where Kane does very little and spends a lot of the game in completely non-threatening positions.

I've said for a while that he can be really easy to mark. Always wants the ball to feet and tries to pin his man to get past him on the half turn. While he is excellent at this, top teams and savvy defenders won't fall for this as easily.

He's still a great finisher but he gets easier to mark with every season and it's why I'm not a fan of buying him.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I hate the way he buys about 10 freekicks per game. His main objective seems to be to win a freekick, similar to Grealish.

He's started to slow down a bit as well. Osimhen every day of the week if it was actually a choice between these two

croadyman

I hate the way he buys about 10 freekicks per game. His main objective seems to be to win a freekick, similar to Grealish.

He's started to slow down a bit as well. Osimhen every day of the week if it was actually a choice between these two
Yeah Kane is a bit too quiet in the big games

Pintu

Yeah Kane is a bit too quiet in the big games
Another big game where Kane does very little and spends a lot of the game in completely non-threatening positions.
I thought he was their best player. They didn’t create enough, and Milan were well organised but he won many duels vs Kjaer or Klaulu. And the free kicks he earned could have been better exploited. I’d bet on him to take them through in the second leg.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Kane suits this manager. Its a shame hes not 5 years younger and contracted to Spurs but it be a madness to not grab him if he's available. Osimhen looks good but does he work better in an ETH side?

Bebestation

Osimhen scored the same exact goal to rashford vs barcelona but at a tougher angle. It was great. However Rashford ST gives us this type of striker whilst we need to find the better version of weghorst. I think the options are: Kane, Felix & Kolo Muani. Creative/link up forwards.

Donut

Kane would be fantastic for us, but Spurs won’t sell to us and he won’t throw a tantrum.

Osimhen would still be a bit of a gamble, I’m not sure we create enough for him, our crossing is very weak. So would definitely prefer another creator like Kane.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

What does Weghorst do in our team though? Striker who press a lot, offers aggression, and play short simple passes. What his weakness as striker? His finishing and slow. The WC version of Weghorst would have been a striker who press a lot, aggressive, play short simple passes, but can finish to score lot of goals, and has pace. Is it only me but It sounds like Osimhen.

jm99

Kane feels like the ideal foil for this version of rashford. I've not seen much of Osimhen but from the sounds of it, he seems like he'd occupy a lot of the same spaces as rashford, more likely to clash than compliment, kane with pacey wingers either side sounds a much better fit, it does feel like kane is the missing piece of this team, a benzema to rashford's ronaldo

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Kane feels like the ideal foil for this version of rashford. I've not seen much of Osimhen but from the sounds of it, he seems like he'd occupy a lot of the same spaces as rashford, more likely to clash than compliment, kane with pacey wingers either side sounds a much better fit, it does feel like kane is the missing piece of this team, a benzema to rashford's ronaldo
I feel like your right. They look like a good match up top.

It fits if Spurs miss out on cl and him being in the last year of his contract, should be possible to tempt him away. His age is not great, but with how he plays i imagine there is at least 3 seasons in him at the highest level, and thats fine.

Eddy_JukeZ

I worry about Kane being physically shot at times, and I think he's declined a bit(albeit he is playing in a brutal Spurs team).

I'm not the biggest fan of Osimhen. I think a different profile of striker is needed for our team.

If Kane was 5 years younger, I'd easily prefer him. I just worry he could fall off a cliff at some point even if he isn't reliant on pace at all. Those injuries will add up at some point.

Bert_

Kane will take us to the next level. He's the perfect partner for the likes of rashford and garnacho. He'll score a ton but will assist just as many. Can't think of a more obvious signing. Just depends on how much of an awkward cnut levey wants to be.

Hopefully he carries on going under the radar the rest of the season so it doesn't boost the asking price.

We can worry about who will be up front for us in 2027 or whatever after we have won some titles :devil:

Erik the Red

We can worry about who will be up front for us in 2027 or whatever after we have won some titles :devil:
We can worry about who will be up front for us in 2023 after we have won the title

032Devil

It depends on how much Spurs want for Kane. I've read numbers like £100m which is absurd for a player approaching the end of his best years.

Lux Thunder

The more I think about both players the less I'm concerned with who would be a better fit for us, as long as we can get one in the summer. Seeing how fluid ETH is with his tactics and positional play also keeping his principles all the way, we all saw Casemiro and Shaw as CBs, Weghorst as #8/#10, Sancho as #10, Bruno as RW, etc. I have no doubts, no matter who we bring up front, our manager will find the right solution for all.

georgipep

The more I think about both players the less I'm concerned with who would be a better fit for us, as long as we can get one in the summer. Seeing how fluid ETH is with his tactics and positional play also keeping his principles all the way, we all saw Casemiro and Shaw as CBs, Weghorst as #8/#10, Sancho as #10, Bruno as RW, etc. I have no doubts, no matter who we bring up front, our manager will find the right solution for all.
Considering the makeup of our squad, especially in the front 4, Kane would not be as effective as Osimhen. Sancho, Bruno and Antony are all primarily creators who demand the ball a lot. Rashford and Garnacho are our only runners who are mostly finishers. Even Diallo and Pellistri are both creators who need the ball a lot.
Adding Kane, who also demands the ball a lot, will not help. Osimhen is a much better fit, stretching the opposition defence and being a constant threat in the box. And all that while not sacrificing buildup contribution, back to goal play and pressing duties.