Our away form against the top 12

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
West Ham away will be more of the same. They are a top half side really.

PSV

We shot right at their keeper like 5 times. If we had a striker in the squad we'd walk away from todays game with 3 goals. We've had a few stinkers, but today wasn't one.

Mmm-Qatarian

Result and our own performance wise it will be.
Dude, no offence but I really struggle to see how you can get any enjoyment out of watching football. I don't think I've seen you make one positive comment about the club.

As "shite" as our performance was, we just lost that game to a 97th minute penalty. And it was by some margin our toughest fixture remaining. The rush to panic about everything being wrong is a little tiresome.

eire-red

It's pathetic really. I could take watching us losing if we're going for it and taking risks. But we just limp to the finish line every single game these days and even the draws feel like defeats.

EtH needs to get the players regrouped and focused in this final run in. Not enjoying watching us one bit right now, and it's gone right back to wanting the season to just end and hoping we finish 4th.

Disappointing really. Got carried away after Carabao.

Leftback99

Dude, no offence but I really struggle to see how you can get any enjoyment out of watching football. I don't think I've seen you make one positive comment about the club.
Maybe I've just been let down far too many times by performances like tonight. We're a disgrace away from home.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
West Ham will absolutely not be the same as Brighton. I'm not saying it won't be tough, but they're absolutely nothing alike.
They aren't the same but they are a decent side and much better than the table says, and very tough at home for anyone (barring the Newcastle game which was a one off).

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
To me it comes down to the simple fact that we are far too open. I don’t understand why we are so open all the time but the number of times today when Brighton had overloads on us was ridiculous. Doesn’t help that we have some of the softest attackers in the league who pull out of all 50-50 tackles

SAFMUTD

ManUtd have taken just one point from their away matches against the top nine sides in the league this season.

Poor as feck

Leftback99

They're 4 points from relegation. Unless you're being sarcastic
No. They are better than their league position in underlying statistics. League position doesn't mean everything.

ArmaDino

No. They are better than their league position in underlying statistics. League position doesn't mean everything.
Mate, it's West Ham with Moyes in charge. Go outside and take a breather. Losing to Brighton with the last kick of the game especially when we had our chances to put 2-3 past them isn't the end of the world.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brentford, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle all battered us in terms of chances and play.

Brighton, Spurs, Villa, Palace, Chelsea were tight games (in terms of chances and play) that could go either way, 3 draws, 2 defeats from those.

Fulham we should have been far more comfortable than it was, but got over the line anyway.

Reading more into each group:
  • First group, the batterings. Probably the 4 best teams in the league outside of United all comprehensively outplayed us. Just weren't out for the races in those. Needs to be addressed. Brentford was the 1st game of the season and different, but also similar in the general trend or the away games. But I'd say that was more a 1 off.
  • 2nd group, lack of a striker is why we struggled to win those. Controlled some, iffy on others but they were decided by more clinical finishing and the other team being wasteful or throwing it away. Score when you are on top and the game is different. Fail to score and it ends how it does. Nobody going to win all of these, but we should have won 3 of them performance wise and how we were in control for large parts of the games.
  • Fulham, again just score the chances we create earlier (better striker), and win it 3-0.

Blood Mage

How can we be so good at home and this fecking awful on the road? It's baffling. Our immense home form is the only reason I'm not having doubts about Ten Hag yet.

sepulturite

As "shite" as our performance was, we just lost that game to a 97th minute penalty. And it was by some margin our toughest fixture remaining. The rush to panic about everything being wrong is a little tiresome.
He's one of the most miserable posters on here, it's actually unreal. If football made me that miserable I'd go find a new sport to follow, seriously.

Smores

Most of our issues I put down to not having a proper striker so ETH gets a pass there.
Our away form though is too bad to be excused at this stage, he'll need to find the cause and fix that for next season and it won't just be signing better players as there's more at play.

Leftback99

He's one of the most miserable posters on here, it's actually unreal. If football made me that miserable I'd go find a new sport to follow, seriously.
Will you come back and say "yeah you were right again, fair play" if it is more of the same on Sunday?

No you won't, you'll just carry on attacking the poster.

Some of us have different views to you. Ignore me if you can't handle it like others.

sepulturite

Will you come back and say "yeah you were right again, fair play" if it is more of the same on Sunday?

No you won't, you'll just carry on attacking the poster.

Some of us have different views to you. Ignore me if you can't handle it like others.
Youve locked your profile like the proper troll that you are, so I can't ignore you unfortunately.

sepulturite

Have him ignored now, the cafe might be a small bit better without reading his miserable drivel now hopefully.

OrcaFat

We shot right at their keeper like 5 times. If we had a striker in the squad we'd walk away from todays game with 3 goals. We've had a few stinkers, but today wasn't one.
In the grand scheme, it was a bit shit. I don’t think it’s means much to say “if we had X all would be fine” - we don’t have X.

Sylar

If this includes the top 12 teams,
It would be
Draw at palace
Draw at Chelsea
Win at Fulham

So :
City we were smashed
Arsenal we conceded a late winner
Newcastle we were dominated
Liverpool smashed
Brighton we conceded a late winner
Tottenham we threw away a two goal lead
Villa dominated
Brentford smashed
Fulham we needed a late winner
Palace we gave away a late equaliser
Chelsea we needed a late equaliser

Not a great reading at all. That's 1 win, 3 draws and rest losses. With us either being dominated or conceding very late goals

croadyman

Our fecking diabolical away record is the reason we haven't pulled fully away from contenders

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's gotten to the point where once we miss an easy chance in the first ten minutes, I resign myself to a loss

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
We’re crap. Simple really. Players have no bottle. Just useless and the same problems are rife.

saivet

We haven't had a good away performance all season in the PL. The best was probably against a poor Everton side.

Leftback99

Only beaten Wolves and Fulham of the top 15, with Bournemouth (14th) to come.

croadyman

Let's just say this is one in the face for those who say about us beatng bottom half teams away