Our away form against the top 12

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Awful away again.

The team is full of mental midgets who can't handle away fans, Ten Hag's terrible tactics in those games don't help either.
Other than his last half-season, didnt we have the best away record under Ole at one stage?

Roboc7

The longer term fix is painfully obvious. The team is still marked by the trauma of repeated failure, including some real hammerings. We need more high quality players. More squad depth. A real top goal scorer. It all takes time.
It does take time and that’s why we have to do what Liverpool and Arsenal did and have a big turnover of players. When Ole left I thought it would take three summers of lots players out and lots in.

So many of our players don’t have mentality or ability to perform consistently, simply aren’t good enough and/or aren’t suited to how the manager wants to play.

Tonight we still tried to play out from the back but the keeper and defenders just weren’t up to it. So get rid and bring in players that can, if we don’t learn and take action from those sorts of lessons we’ll just stay stuck in this cycle we’ve been in year after year.

Idxomer

Couldn't you use the reverse of that argument when playing at home with no fans then?
You could but I do believe the low-pressure environment we had in that period helped our players in general. The moment the fans came back, we crumbled and our away form was nothing special again like before lockdown.

criticalanalysis

Will be interesting to see a Utd team with a consistent full week of rest for a prolonged time.

Lost bear

It does take time and that’s why we have to do what Liverpool and Arsenal did and have a big turnover of players. When Ole left I thought it would take three summers of lots players out and lots in.

So many of our players don’t have mentality or ability to perform consistently, simply aren’t good enough and/or aren’t suited to how the manager wants to play.

Tonight we still tried to play out from the back but the keeper and defenders just weren’t up to it. So get rid and bring in players that can, if we don’t learn and take action from those sorts of lessons we’ll just stay stuck in this cycle we’ve been in year after year.
Yes, agree. I do think ETH will do it, though. I’d guess two more seasons before we’re fully ready to take revenge on shit teams like Sevilla.

croadyman

4-0 to Brentford
6-3 to Manchester City
7-0 to Liverpool
2-0 to Newcastle
3-0 to Sevilla

Some of those performances are just insane capitulations that are pretty worrying. It's not one or two, it's been a recurring theme all season. I didn't even put in the Villa game which was awful as well.

We've not had a good away victory all season. This team is still mentally weak and we need to weed out the weak characters.
Yeah we have been mentally weak away from home far too many times this season

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Will be interesting to see a Utd team with a consistent full week of rest for a prolonged time.
Unless we get knocked out of EU competitions, this is unrealistic.
All big clubs need to have squads capable of competing in multiple competitions.

criticalanalysis

Unless we get knocked out of EU competitions, this is unrealistic.
All big clubs need to have squads capable of competing in multiple competitions.
I should have clarified and meant this current Utd team until the end of the season i.e I would like to see a more rested and perhaps more coached team play. However, having had a look at the fixture list, it seems we still have games every 3-4 days!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Other than his last half-season, didnt we have the best away record under Ole at one stage?
You could hardly call those away games. More like neutral. It also coincided with a mediocre home record.

And, as the other poster stated, the minute fans came back, we crumbled again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good to know that we do not psychologically consider Wembley to be an away ground.

Chairman Steve

We look like a team that played 2 hours on Sunday and have our two best centre backs out.

PoTMS

This is some next level of shite. Another really bad performance where we should've lost. Ten Hag definitely needs to come in for some major criticism for this - just as he deserves credit for our home form.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I thought we might be able to burn this thread down at half-time.

SER19

Same as v Seville. We're still a weak team. That game was done at half time, no top team drops off the way we do

BorisManUtd

Well the positive is we only have 1 more game to play away to these sides and that's at Brighton, where I do expect us to struggle again more.

Ole'sgunnarwin

This is some next level of shite. Another really bad performance where we should've lost. Ten Hag definitely needs to come in for some major criticism for this - just as he deserves credit for our home form.
I agree, it's the opposite of Solskjaer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's truly dreadful. Brighton to come and then West Ham is probably as tough as any of the top 12 as well.

RedDevilQuebecois

The way we play in away games is dreadful. It is also a reason why I don't give a feck when people say that our home form is a very good compensator. No one wins the league without a better away form against the top 12.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It'd be fair criticism too tbh. Some just aren't ready, away from home "the players are shit and tired and at home "ETH is a genius".

Dominos

You may as well write off any semi-difficult away game as guaranteed dropped points. I was baffled at the over-confidence of some in the pre-match thread against Spurs, it's like some fans don't actually watch us play.

Brighton away coming up, followed by West Ham away which is the toughest one of the lower half teams really. If we don't win our home game against Villa on Sunday we could be in big trouble.

CM

This team has a long way to go yet. Our away record this season is an indicator of that but this last week has also underlined it. Below par for large parts of Sevilla, Brighton and now Spurs just as we're getting to crunch time.

We were totally outclassed away to Sevilla but tonight is almost more frustrating because our problems were borne from our own complacency. There's no place for that if we want to be a serious team again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You have to be able to keep hold of the ball away from home. We aren't very good at that.

James35

Lost 6, Drawn 3 and Won 1.

F13 A31

Brighton next to complete the top 12.

I’m going with another loss, will be just like Newcastle getting their revenge for Wembley heartache.

Astonishingly bad record to be fair.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It makes complete sense. We are terrible when pressed and away from home teams are brave enough to press us.

End of season 22/23

PoTMS

Updated.

Arsenal - 3-2.
City - 6-3.
Newcastle - 2-0.

Spurs - 2-2.
Brighton - 1-0.
Brentford - 4-0.
Liverpool - 7-0.
Villa - 3-1.

Fulham - 1-2.
Chelsea - 1-1.
Palace - 1-1.

4 points from 33.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Getting ridiculous now.

if we’d played our best XI in a 4-4-2 all these games, we’d have got more points than fecking 4. That’s relegation standard

432JuanMata

Luckily we have made OT a fortress as we are woeful away but everyone struggles away from home we are 5th in the away table