Our Collapses

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Fair enough but Ole going for obvious targets is always going to inflate the price which in its way is on Ole because supposedly it's the easiest route to success. Everyone knew Maquire wasn't going for less than 80m or AWB for almost 50m or Sancho for 100m+ in the summer but thankfully Ed vetoed that one.

Ole and the club have no imagination and are under the impression that we need to sign star players and pay over the odds to be a success and even though the pressure is different at Leicester Rodgers is proving that that isn't the case.
Good managers sign average players and make them better, we sign average players and make them worse

bsCallout

Fair enough but Ole going for obvious targets is always going to inflate the price which in its way is on Ole because supposedly it's the easiest route to success. Everyone knew Maquire wasn't going for less than 80m or AWB for almost 50m or Sancho for 100m+ in the summer but thankfully Ed vetoed that one.

Ole and the club have no imagination and are under the impression that we need to sign star players and pay over the odds to be a success and even though the pressure is different at Leicester Rodgers is proving that that isn't the case.
We don't know who else Ole was shown. We don't know if Ed came along and said 'we can get these do you want them?'

We've bought good players, just at ridiculous prices.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We don't know who else Ole was shown. We don't know if Ed came along and said 'we can get these do you want them?'

We've bought good players, just at ridiculous prices.
To be honest I've no idea why our club has so many scouts because it really is a massive waste of money because all we do is wait for a player to make a name for themselves then pay over the odds or even worse, sign players like Bailly for 30m after he played half a season in la liga or Dalot for 20m after a handful of games in serie A.

I think the last almost unknown player we signed was Vidic. Maybe we should just bin all our staff on the scouting side and bring in Leicesters . Imagine how happy Ed would be saving a fortune on transfers fees and at the same time getting quality players.

bsCallout

To be honest I've no idea why our club has so many scouts because it really is a massive waste of money because all we do is wait for a player to make a name for themselves then pay over the odds or even worse, sign players like Bailly for 30m after he played half a season in la liga or Dalot for 20m after a handful of games in serie A.

I think the last almost unknown player we signed was Vidic. Maybe we should just bin all our staff on the scouting side and bring in Leicesters . Imagine how happy Ed would be saving a fortune on transfers fees and at the same time getting quality players.
Exactly. Bizarrely Ed is a money man who should be all for saving money but he seems content with our club leaking money and doing bad business in the transfer market.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Exactly. Bizarrely Ed is a money man who should be all for saving money but he seems content with our club leaking money and doing bad business in the transfer market.
Ed is one of the biggest reasons we pay over the odds. There's always been a United tax but his, "we can do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream of." comment have turned that old tax into a monster. Thanks Ed.

croadyman

As posted in another thread too.

No team has a squad that can compete in all competitions except City.

This Leicester team went out early in the EL. We are still in it. We've now had to play 3 days later, when they've had a week's rest.

I hate to say it but I think we have to prioritise what cups we want to really play for, like Liverpool did to win the CL then the Prem.

That Chelsea team we lost to last year were much more rested than us also.
Yeah it's absolutely right that only City has the squad to compete in all competitions but I am simply not going to blame the fact we played three days ago whereas they had a week off to prepare for it. We should have started our strongest team then made changes later in the game rather than yet again making that Chelsea mistake of last season

troylocker

This place....

.....one should almost think we didn’t not win this Cup 139 times before.......

croadyman

'Ole is the ultimate exemplar of ... someone in Manchester United who has tremendous character, is incredibly well connected with the culture and history of the club.

'No one in the world is happier than me with the phenomenal success he is bringing.’

This was Richard Arnold speaking last week. No one demands success so no one is bothered that we’re not winning anything. What used to be bare minimum expectations even post Fergie is considered phenomenal success now.

We either need a complete overhaul in the club right from owners to players or we need a manager who can single-handedly drive the club to the very top. Neither seems likely.
Last week he was talking absolute shite when it came to our new sponsor and now Hey Arnold is describing Ole's success as phenomenal which is utterly deluded but why I am not surprised our head of communications is spinning positives

croadyman

We lost to a really good side who haven't played for 7 days. We played a tough game in Italy on Thursday night. We were shattered. It happens.
Sounds like excuses to me because not rotated our squad better earlier in the season

bsCallout

Yeah it's absolutely right that only City has the squad to compete in all competitions but I am simply not going to blame the fact we played three days ago whereas they had a week off to prepare for it. We should have started our strongest team then made changes later in the game rather than yet again making that Chelsea mistake of last season
I agree that it wasn't the game to make the changes.

Hughie77

As posted in another thread too.

No team has a squad that can compete in all competitions except City.

This Leicester team went out early in the EL. We are still in it. We've now had to play 3 days later, when they've had a week's rest.

I hate to say it but I think we have to prioritise what cups we want to really play for, like Liverpool did to win the CL then the Prem.

That Chelsea team we lost to last year were much more rested than us also.
Agree, some seem to not look at that picture, our squad has been realy stretched in last few weeks with injuries at CM and up Front, we were scratched side away to Milan and it was a very good win. Sunday it was a bridge to far against a hungry good side.

Statue of Limitations

You would think we lost at home to a mid-table Championship side. We lost to a very good outfit away who were not nearly as tired as we clearly were.
We had a bad day, but I would not trade the Milan win for this one.

Win the EL and we are seeded in the CL next year, that will do nicely.

Reactions: lysglimt

miked99

You would think we lost at home to a mid-table Championship side. We lost to a very good outfit away who were not nearly as tired as we clearly were.
We had a bad day, but I would not trade the Milan win for this one.

Win the EL and we are seeded in the CL next year, that will do nicely.
Exactly this. The tantrums on here every time we lose a fking game - which isn't too often - are pathetic quite honestly.

You'd think we'd lost to Stockport County rather than a team that's one point behind us after 30 games and is clearly on a similar level to us, on their own patch. Even more so after a hard game in Milan.

It's odd how our manager is shit, the tactics are shit, the coaching is shit, the players are shit, the scouting is shit, the training is shit....and yet these people are still somehow outraged and stunned that we lost.

Reactions: lysglimt

croadyman

We are so lucky that the scousers suffered injuries to 3 main first XI players, Chelsea kept Lampard on much longer than they probably should and Jose had his usual few season meltdowns with this Spurs team as well. I feel if those things hadn't happened then we would be around the 4th maybe even 5th spot and top 4 may even have been realistically out of reach. We had a proper big collapse after going top and it's only the fact things went in our favour that we didn't end up plummeting down the table as a result of that bad run.

bsCallout

We are so lucky that the scousers suffered injuries to 3 main first XI players, Chelsea kept Lampard on much longer than they probably should and Jose had his usual few season meltdowns with this Spurs team as well. I feel if those things hadn't happened then we would be around the 4th maybe even 5th spot and top 4 may even have been realistically out of reach. We had a proper big collapse after going top and it's only the fact things went in our favour that we didn't end up plummeting down the table as a result of that bad run.
:lol:

lysglimt

Scout
So basically what you are saying is that we are lucky that instead of hiring Lampard or keeping Mourinho - we hired OGS ? You know - I agree with you :)