Our Defence - Has it actually been fixed?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Need a new LB, Shaw been exploited and we been humiliated with 2 goals or more conceded from the Left back

Holters

We need better defenders AND more mobility in the midfield... they are not covering enough ground.

Castia

Maguire is a fecking meme isn’t he. I’m sorry but never in a million years is he worth the money.

30m player tops.

Jund

Maguire is so out of his depth, it's unreal. I would like to see Lindelof and Smalling.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
At this point, Sancho would be a luxury signing, Spurs look like scoring everytime they're in the box.
This isn't normal though. We've generally been a defensively solid team post SAF. It's the attack that has been wank. And although I think we've got any top class CBs our defense is better than this

But that's the issue. Given we are better than this, it's telling that Ole is struggling to make that so when it comes to performances.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
How is Harry Maguire captain of Man United and cost £80m?

How did AWB cost £50m and Bailly has the brain of a chicken.

Imagine this defence under SAF with Peter Schmeichel and Roy Keane barking at them.

We should drop DDG and make Henderson number 1, maybe he has a bit more back bone to put these cnut defenders in their place. Pogba offers nothing in midfield anymore. Should have played Fred in the middle, as least he harries defenders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Buying more players isn't gonna fix shit. These players are no where near as bad as they are playing.
Until we have a quality manager we won't be a quality football team. Shocking logic isn't it?

Johnson Yip

Maguire was an absolute liability in the defence. I don't even want to discuss the first goal, but for the second, why on earth he went over to the right side to foul Kane??

RD94

Its not just defence...midfield is even worser.Pogba and Matic does not work against any team that has attacking intent.Both jogging,no intensity,immobile as feck.Our midfield must be two workhorses Fred and Mctominay and Bruno ahead of them.Our best football came from that midfield.

RedAlways78

Defence is appalling, so disorganised.

Shaw can go and maguire should be doing much better.

Greck

Maguire is a fecking meme isn’t he. I’m sorry but never in a million years is he worth the money.

30m player tops.
When we play high up and teams counter, Maguire doesn't even make it back within camera range

slored1

Luke Shaw is costing us goals. I've defended him in the past but he's just bad.

L1nk

I feel like our defense is a tactical disasterclass most of the time, rather than each and every player being absolute garbage, there is so much space in the midfield it's like we don't have one.

Stacks

Were great last season. Mentality looks totally different this season, they look very scared of making mistakes given the extreme negative press and fan reaction
Stats maybe say that but anyone who actually watched them knew they weren’t great. They make the same consistent errors. They were just lucky last year not to be punished as much as they currently are being.
Last season we conceeded some of the more sloppy goals I have seen in years. Set pieces, crosses (where only one attacking player in the box) goalie errors etc. You could never give your full trust in the defence. On paper the numbers looked good in terms of clean sheets etc

Crashoutcassius

Last season we conceeded some of the more sloppy goals I have seen in years. Set pieces, crosses (where only one attacking player in the box) goalie errors etc. You could never give your full trust in the defence. On paper the numbers looked good in terms of clean sheets etc
funny that people are happy to quote our stats from the first 2.5 games of the season but when we talk about our stats over the whole of last season they 'only trust their eyes'

Tormentor

It's obvious that we have a coaching staff that are not capable of improving this club, no matter who we buy. The sooner they are sacked the better. I have never believed in Ole and his coaches and never will.

Ekeke

Luke Shaw is costing us goals. I've defended him in the past but he's just bad.
Its amazing that anyone can watch those goals and blame the fullbacks, and not mention both of the CBs who made mistakes in every goal.

Amazing but not surprising on here. You had already decided Shaw was the problem so now you're doing your best to blame him despite seeing other players mess up

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Why are people not pointing the finger at ole's coaching for not being able to organise side even when we went 5 at the back!
The players are being given instructions. They are not performing those instructions.

Case in point, we are 1-4 down. I don't believe Ole told Harry to "fumble the ball a lot in our own box and then tackle Luke Shaw".

This is ALL on the players on the pitch.

Erik Lamela wins the Neymar award for 2020. Haaland got slapped in the face last week and he responed by showing the offender right away. Lamela thinks about it and lays down to play injured.

Zoo

Bailly is done as a United player. Maguire and Shaw are out of form completely too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There are systematic failings across the defence. The way the line gets pulled out of place, the way individuals move out of position or seem lost as to where they should be. The way they play you would think that they were 12 years old and were totally new to their positions.

Drainy

Said it before, I'll say it again. Bailly is basically Phil Jones without the talent.

Lindelof isn't strong enough and is a bit soft

Maguire has been making so many individual errors since the lockdown that its really concerning.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Thought they were alright for some parts last season, but they have been absolutely shocking the first games this season. Whats that? 9 fecking goals conceded in two and half PL matches? If we keep this up we will concede roughly 150 goals this season in the league. That has to be some kind of record

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
so our second striker helped the defence?

the stats were good over the season as a whole in fact (and with de gea costing the team 5-8 extra clean sheets)
Us attacking more than we need to defend did....

Every time we need to defend, we're just in shambles and it's just carrying on to this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lindelof will certainly be smirking today. He looks totally vindicated.

Andersons Dietician

Its amazing that anyone can watch those goals and blame the fullbacks, and not mention both of the CBs who made mistakes in every goal.

Amazing but not surprising on here. You had already decided Shaw was the problem so now you're doing your best to blame him despite seeing other players mess up
I mean I know he’s not been great but genuinely the best defender and only once has a goal come from a slight decision of his. Even then Pogba was sleeping for Auriers run.