Our English contingent

Robbie Boy

At the moment in the first team we have Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Young, Rashford, Lingard, Rooney and Carrick. Crazy that a fair few of that lot won't be here next season. Obviously Lingard and Rashford will still be here but question marks over the rest.

El Zoido

Happy with Rashford and Young, wouldn't care if the rest left.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Young will probably stay as a squad player. Lingard and Rashford obviously. The rest are probably off. So yeah we might have an issue with the lack of english players.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I like Jones and Smalling but, I would understand if they were sold even before all of this bs. It is amazing Young has lasted this long. It is probably time for Carrick and Rooney to go. But, it is insane that we are probably going to give up on Shaw so quickly.

stubie

Carrick, Rashford, Young, Lingard will be here next season

The rest will end up at West Ham or some other mid table club next season

Skills

Snitch
I doubt many of them will go tbh. We'll need to keep a few for homegrown regulations, so if we get rid of too many it will mean promoting a few from the academy. Mourinho would rather play someone on a broken leg, than risking having to rely on an inexperienced player from the academy.

Blind

Rooney's the only guarantee, wouldn't surprise me at all if Carrick and Young are still getting a lot of playing time next season.

Raw

Out of those I think Rooney, one of Jones/Smalling and maybe Shaw will leave. Carrick will stay for extra midfield depth (but hopefully he won't be playing as many games).

I said maybe for Shaw since I'm waiting on how bad the injury he got today is. If it's nothing serious I can see him staying. Though then again, who would buy an injured player?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Rashford, Carrick, Young and Lingard will stay. The rest will be offloaded.

AndyJ1985

In an ideal world we'd get rid of them all bar Rashford. Unfortunately we'll need to keep a few of them. It's like asking to choose between dog turds and vomit off a menu. Not easy.

lsd

The Oracle
Has crossed my mind that the players Jose doesn't trust and will mostly look to get rid .. Most of then are English like Shaw,Smalling,jones, and Rooney .

Not sure what the media would make of it but hard to argue with him if he does get rid of them

Born2Lose

In an ideal world we'd get rid of them all bar Rashford. Unfortunately we'll need to keep a few of them. It's like asking to choose between dog turds and vomit off a menu. Not easy.
And replace them with who? More Mkhitaryans?

Long Ball

And replace them with who? More Mkhitaryans?
Could happily see Tuanzebe and Williams in the squad over Smalling and jones, with Keane brought home.

I'd also like to see Pereira get game time, he could compete with Lingard, who we should keep but shouldn't be a starter

I'd keep young for his attitude, and carrick for experience. Fosu mensah deserves a chance however as a DM

Reddevildans

Not only are most of this English contingent poor, but also injury prone. So it's a double whammy really. We simply can't afford another season with a defensive crisis. It's been happening ever since we've bought smalling and Jones. Apart from arsenal, we seem to suffer this crisis every season out of all the top 4 contenders and it's becoming a major headache.

Revan

Assumptionman
We'll keep Carrick, Shaw, Rashford, Young and Lingard for next season. Rashford is U21 so doesn't need to be registered, which means that we have those 4, Pogba, third keeper and Pereira as homegrown players, so we can keep a squad of 24 players (+ Rashford, TFM, Tuanzabe etc) which is absolutely fine.

The imperative thing is to get good players who can stay fit. You don't need 30 players in a squad. 20-22 with a few youth players is absolutely fine if the players aren't crocks.

And yep, English players are shit. Have been so for a while and will continue being so. Harry Kane and Delle Alli are the only very good English players, the others are at best decent.

Scholsey2004

I think we'll keep rashford, lingard, carrick and young. Rooney to everton, shaw to spurs and pochetino. Smalling and jones surely it has to be the end of the road for at least one of them.

Jaybomb

Rashford and Lingard are the only ones I want to stay.

The rest are either past it or not good enough.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Deinfitely wouldn't give up on Shaw. Would rather see Lingard leave. I'd be happy if we kept Young, Smalling, Rashford and Shaw and the rest left.

KN5

I like Jones and Smalling but, I would understand if they were sold even before all of this bs. It is amazing Young has lasted this long. It is probably time for Carrick and Rooney to go. But, it is insane that we are probably going to give up on Shaw so quickly.
In my opinion giving up on Shaw so soon is justified, injury wise he will probably be unlucky for a while. I'd personally like to give him a year as a backup LB to someone we bring in, in the summer. But I don't see Mourinho relying on him especially if he's injured off of today.

Jaybomb

Deinfitely wouldn't give up on Shaw. Would rather see Lingard leave. I'd be happy if we kept Young, Smalling, Rashford and Shaw and the rest left.
Lingard is United through and through. Shaw isn't.

On top of that, Lingard has been way better for us. Shaw is all hype. He's shown feck all in the 3 seasons he's been here. He hasn't convinced anyone. He's kinda similar to Memphis in a sense. All potential and nothing to show for it.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Think all of them will stay besides Rooney.

One of Smalling or Jones may leave, but I doubt it.

RAVred

Could happily see Tuanzebe and Williams in the squad over Smalling and jones, with Keane brought home.

I'd also like to see Pereira get game time, he could compete with Lingard, who we should keep but shouldn't be a starter

I'd keep young for his attitude, and carrick for experience. Fosu mensah deserves a chance however as a DM
Pereira's leagues ahead of Lingard honestly, in terms of potential and technical ability. Would be a travesty if he doesnt get some run abouts next season, he will probably be much more useful than Lingard imo.

Miscemayl

Given Rooney and perhaps Carrick is leaving, I assume we need to keep the rest for home grown quota.

There's not many other home grown qualified players I would want. Either ridiculously expensive or not good enough.

red4ever 79

I think I read Carrick has been given an extra 12 months? Rooney will be a difficult one. Clearly isnt in Mourinho's plans, however will be difficult to move on those wages. I have no time for Jones, Smalling I would keep.

Von Mistelroum

I'd keep Smalling and Rashford from that list. Not a great set of players really....

SteveW

Young and Rooney may go. We'd be better off keeping the rest

Jig1234

Love: Rashford - Great player needs better midfielders behind him to give him better service. Carrick-Rooney are very uninspiring now. Need experienced CM's.

On the Fence: Luke Shaw - Injured looks like he's made of the same stuff as Phil Jones hardly been consistent - Not sure He's going to make the cut

Should Leave/Don't Care: Jones, Smalling, Rooney and Carrick - :confused:

Ok Squad players: Young, Lingard

- Mkhitaryan has been disappointing, expected a lot more from him. Shaw/Mkhitaryan have been poor this season. Pogba-Bailly have been sound.

Havak

Pokemon master
Honestly don't think we'll let as many of them go as people think. Carrick, Lingard, Rashford definitely stay. Only one of Jones/Smalling will be let go. Again, only one of Young/Shaw will go at most, and depending on the Zlatan situation I can even see Rooney staying now... Still, only three of that lot will go at most I reckon.

Jones and Rooney will go and not be missed.

Carrick should go too.

Shaw I think will get another season but wouldn't be surprised if he goes.

I think he'd get rid of Smalling if he could but won't be able to bring in enough replacements in one summer.

stevoc

At the moment in the first team we have Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Young, Rashford, Lingard, Rooney and Carrick. Crazy that a fair few of that lot won't be here next season. Obviously Lingard and Rashford will still be here but question marks over the rest.
Those 4 seem the obvious candidates to leave but i don't think there will be massive turnover of the squad this summer. Wouldn't be surprised if only two of them leave, the only definites i think are Jones and Rooney.

SidRed

Other than Rashford and Carrick, the rest are players that would not be at United if they were not English and the FA rules regarding homegrown players.
Even then, atleast Shaw, Jones and Young need to leave. Maybe a loan deal for Shaw would be better.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Lingard is United through and through. Shaw isn't.

On top of that, Lingard has been way better for us. Shaw is all hype. He's shown feck all in the 3 seasons he's been here. He hasn't convinced anyone. He's kinda similar to Memphis in a sense. All potential and nothing to show for it.
I suppose but that shouldn't be that important when he's actually a pretty average player. Besides he's fecking embarrassing with all that dancing shite.

Shaw has shown what he can do, it's just his commitment and fitness that's under doubt. If he gets that up to scratch he'll be a top, top left back.

Robbie Boy

It's a very, very uninspiring contingent of English players. Inductive of the dearth of English talent out there.

SouthPredators4

I think JM should look at Keane, Bertrand and Walker as options to replace our English contigents. May not be worldclass but would provide depth and knows the league.