Our entrance music...

Pav1878

First thread post guys, following losing my 'Newbie' tag, so go easy!

If this has been posted before, my apologies, but I've been wondering about this for a while and seeing another thread about music after goals prompted me to ask the question:

'What music should we walk out to at Old Trafford'?

I know it's not the most important thing butI Iwas a big fan of the Rocky Fanfare, which always made the hairs on the back my neck stand on end, especially for the big games against rivals and big European nights. It just enhanced the grandeur of the occasion and I'm sure opposing teams found it intimidating to come out to that in front of the Stretford End.

I have no idea why we dropped it in favour of the Stone Roses, which is a great song by a great band, but doesn't seem to get the juices flowing quite the same.

How does everyone else feel about it? Which would you rather have? Is there a better piece of music you'd rather hear? Do you care even!?

SirAF

Ageist

If this has been posted before, my apologies, but I've been wondering about this for a while and seeing another thread about music after goals prompted me to ask the question:

I know it's not the most important thing butI Iwas a big fan of the Rocky Fanfare, which always made the hairs on the back my neck stand on end, especially for the big games against rivals and big European nights. It just enhanced the grandeur of the occasion and I'm sure opposing teams found it intimidating to come out to that in front of the Stretford End.

I have no idea why we dropped it in favour of the Stone Roses, which is a great song by a great band, but doesn't seem to get the juices flowing quite the same.

How does everyone else feel about it? Which would you rather have? Is there a better piece of music you'd rather hear? Do you care even!?
Agreed, the Rocky fanfare was superior. Oh well!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I like this is the one.

Man city should be Shane McMahon entrance music

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I like the song itself, but it does tend to fall flat as an entrance, as both home and away fans usually sing over it. The intro is too quiet and doesn't cut through the crowd atmosphere like the Rocky fanfare did.

I liked it a lot last night as you could hear it clearly with the place being empty. But a normal atmosphere drowns it out, which is a shame.

Pav1878

I like this is the one.

Man city should be Shane McMahon entrance music
I can see it now, Pep and Txiki giving it some as they come down the tunnel, pyro fires and then suddenly....Ole comes from nowhere with a steel chair and starts a good ol' fashioned beatdown

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Should be Fanfare for Rocky IMO

There was always something that made that feel special to me. Like you were about to whitness greatness.

Pav1878

Should be Fanfare for Rocky IMO

There was always something that made that feel special to me. Like you were about to whitness greatness.
Totally agree. Every game, even against lower league opposition felt like a big occasion.

Pav1878

Powers that be, can we get a poll on this please? Rocky Fanfare Vs Stone Roses?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

I believe this was written by John Williams for the 1984 Olympics

I certainly prefer the Rocky Fanfare to the current Stone Roses song though.

Last edited:

kidbob

No way a team like Southampton dare press after hearing this.

Bonus Man City walkout song:

BristolRuss

The Rocky fanfare was fantastic. It made it sound like you were walking out into a fight at the Colosseum or something.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I thought the Rocky fanfare was cheesy as feck but, even as a fan of The Roses, the quiet to loud dynamic of This Is The One is all wrong. They need to edit the intro to get to the raucous outro quicker. Or just find something more banging.

Jam

I thought the Rocky fanfare was cheesy as feck but, even as a fan of The Roses, the quiet to loud dynamic of This Is The One is all wrong. They need to edit the intro to get to the raucous outro quicker. Or just find something more banging.
If you go Rocky you go full cheese.

We demand Hearts on Fire.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions

Not a fan of the intro, great song, but not for introducing a team into the stadium. Does nothing to get the crowd and energy raised; bizarre choice, honestly.

starman

AC/DC - Are you ready or Hells Bells (We are called Red Devils after all)

The entrance was always the best moment to the Klitschko's fights...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Gary Neville changed it when he was captain and I think it's perfect representing what Manchester is great for; football and.music

lsd

The Oracle
The Rocky entrance would be so cringey. May as well go out to Barbie Girl or Crazy frog

predator

Youth NITK
This is the one is rubbish as an entrance song imo and i actually like the roses. Its just lacklustre.

Roots manuva - witness the fitness (instrumental) would be cool imo.

Pav1878

The Rocky entrance would be so cringey. May as well go out to Barbie Girl or Crazy frog
It's the fanfare not the Rocky theme. Honestly have you never heard us come out to that? Was the music for years under fergie.