Our entrance music...

Superunknown

How amazing would a beefed up version of Joy Division's New Dawn Fades be? The part where the main riff kicks in. The Moby version does a decent job of beefing it up, love how it's used in Heat. Imagine coming out to that, you'd instantly want to start a punch up somewhere. If that doesn't get the players going, nothing will.

Or, something from either Exit Planet Dust or Dig Your Own Hole by The Chemical Brothers. Ticks that Manchester, upbeat, and awesome boxes. :drool:

sparx99

Must admit, I do miss the Rocky fanfare. While I like the Stone Roses track, it doesn't generate the same buzz in the stadium, if anything it makes it feel more like we're at a picnic in the park.

Didn't the club survey fans about this a few years ago? I seem to remember filling out a questionnaire that asked about entrance music, as well as half time and full time music too. Not sure what the results of that were?

Anyhow, I often hear film music and think 'wow, that would be awesome as the players emerge from the tunnel.' Especially some of the Hans Zimmer scores:

'Why Do We Fall' is just poetic after the recent barren years.

'Imagine The Fire' is so menacing from 2:42 or 4:00. Properly devilish.

'Mombasa' blasting out at a packed OT would be something else.

Then again, we are United, why use an existing track? Ed should get Mr Zimmer to compose a United theme tune. :devil:
Great idea! Hans Zimmer would write such a cool theme for Utd. He is the master of epic!

sparx99

I actually don't know any other team that uses the fanfare. The main Roxy theme perhaps but not the fanfare.

No one is debating whether the stone roses are great, but it's way too quiet and does nothing for the atmosphere or geeing up the players.
You really need something instrumental that is epic and amazing OR something fans can sing. YAWN is great (awful) for Liverpool because of the singing. The words really don't matter.

lsd

The Oracle
I dunno about not being able to use Oasis. The next time we win the league, playing Don't look back in Anger would have been the perfect song to play when City come to OT. It would also have been perfect for every time we played them if they had been banned from CL. :rolleyes:

There's no way we could play Oasis . It would be so small time of us

reddevilchennai

Anyone calling the Rocky fanfare cringey is surely thinking of Gonna Fly Now, not the actual fanfare.

Think Spiral would work better. I reckon Chariots of Fire has seen enough mileage at this point and I wouldn't say it gets you pumped either.
Conquest of Paradise and The Bounty are also worth a shot along with Spiral.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I heard Mike Tysons entrance music was just one note. Now that’s intimidating. Don’t know if it suits Man United though.
Yes, I remeber that; now that would be awesome. Surprised no other teams have used it.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
I think nothing is worse than stuff like the rocky anthem or the Chicago Bulls intro. We're talking about clubs with thousands to millions of fans, a hundred years of history, hundreds of millions of revenue, you're trying to create/sell an original and authentic atmosphere and the best you can come up with is a song you share with about 500 other clubs, the first song that would come to a random 14 year old's mind. It's like playing Seven Nation Army after goals.
I prefer clubs who use some actual club anthem, however cheesy they usually are, at least they are actually authentic.
This guy gets it. United is so much better than any tired song from the movie Rocky.

lsd

The Oracle
What other Roses songs would work ?

Or maybe Courteeners

We could even use not nineteen forever for next season

Sylar

The only correct answer. And while the players are walking out we should have Ole standing on his seat doing the HHH water spray.
No arsenal player did this yesterday that I saw. Disappointing.
But expected.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

This is what they used to do up until LVGs first season I think, then they changed it.
Yep. Best of both worlds. When you heard This is the One getting quickly turned down, you knew what was coming: Utd from the tunnel and Rocky from the speakers!

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Thats the point what worked in the 70s wont work now sad as that may be .

I look at videos of matches in the 70s and im sure football was more fun then . More people could afford to go to games and the players were more relatable and not multi millionaires in their own bubble.

Im not knocking that , i just stating that those Rocky songs would not work now and they would come off as cringey .

You see the videos of players now in the dressing room dancing and messing about . They are not doing that to Rocky thats not what gets them up for games now and its the same for most fans.

To be honest i love the Chelsea song its dated but its theirs and they alone are associated with it so it works for them .

Rocky has been done to death by too many people . Let it go ( could we do let it go from frozen :D )
The Chelsea song also works bc they did a great job of incorprating their own chant within the song. It sounds great before a big match.

AC1689

This Is the One is undoubtedly an absolute tune, but it isn’t right for entrance music, surely any fan of the song can admit that.

Entrance music needs to be atmospheric at least though and not some rehashed cringefest of a song.

The sound system could do with an update first of all.

I’m a huge fan of a song like Map of the Problematique by Muse. The stomping drum beat is the epitome of atmospheric. Thick background harmonies with the subtle piano creates a haunting harmony which gives goosebumps when played at high volume.

I think it would be a great choice. Though I am probably the only one who thinks so. Plus it’s obscure enough for people to not instantly know what or who it is which is a good thing in my opinion.

The opening lyrics are “Fear, and panic in the air”... very apt.

Spotify Link

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
This is the One by the Stone Roses is decent but if it were my choice it would be the intro (roughly 42 seconds) of "Another Girl Another Planet" by The Only Ones.
Try it. Play it loud.

Tarrou

This Is The One just brings back so many amazing memories.

Iconic song, by an iconic band, that is uniquely Manc. I hope it never changes .

norm87cro

This is the one has it all. Its a great tune, pumps you up and is from a mancunian band. And Ian Brown is a red. That being said we should only consider manc bands. I guess it would be cool to play Shadowplay by Joy Division on a rainy cold manc night while playing spanish opposition in the CL instead of that boring CL theme song.

Pav1878

This is the one has it all. Its a great tune, pumps you up and is from a mancunian band. And Ian Brown is a red. That being said we should only consider manc bands. I guess it would be cool to play Shadowplay by Joy Division on a rainy cold manc night while playing spanish opposition in the CL instead of that boring CL theme song.
Totally get that, and even though I'm not a London Red, I get it. Love the stone roses and joy Division. I feel this is the one would be better as the song before the fanfare as others have said on here. Double pump up!