Our entrance music...

Siorac

I liked the Rocky music. I don't like this is the one too much but it's Manchester init.

When did you start following us? We came out to a Rocky instrumental for years.

Absolutely. I don't know when a lot of these posters started following the club because anyone saying it would be "cringey" clearly never saw it. Wasn't that long ago either.
I did go to Old Trafford when the Rocky thing was still a thing and I wasn't a fan even back then. It just felt very... American.

Saccharine

The Rocky Fanfare is just a generic pumping up track used by so many teams in the world.
The Stone Roses has a unique Manchester vibe to it.

Pav1878

The Rocky Fanfare is just a generic pumping up track used by so many teams in the world.
The Stone Roses has a unique Manchester vibe to it.
I actually don't know any other team that uses the fanfare. The main Roxy theme perhaps but not the fanfare.

No one is debating whether the stone roses are great, but it's way too quiet and does nothing for the atmosphere or geeing up the players.

lsd

The Oracle
I liked the Rocky music. I don't like this is the one too much but it's Manchester init.

When did you start following us? We came out to a Rocky instrumental for years.

Absolutely. I don't know when a lot of these posters started following the club because anyone saying it would be "cringey" clearly never saw it. Wasn't that long ago either.

It doesn't matter if we came out to it . Right now it would be totally cringey.

If a boxer came out to it now people would laugh and it would be the same if United came out to it now .

If this is the one is dated then Rocky is long dead

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It doesn't matter if we came out to it . Right now it would be totally cringey.

If a boxer came out to it now people would laugh and it would be the same if United came out to it now .

If this is the one is dated then Rocky is long dead
I don’t think you know what the fanfare is

choccy77

One thing that really bugs me, is how the last X amount of years we have often played very badly at home, lost some embarrassing matches yet walk off to Glory Glory Man Utd.

They need to ditch that until we are chasing our 5th title and European Cup under Ole.

Saccharine

I actually don't know any other team that uses the fanfare. The main Roxy theme perhaps but not the fanfare.

No one is debating whether the stone roses are great, but it's way too quiet and does nothing for the atmosphere or geeing up the players.
They are not only great but it's part of the identity of the local area where the club is based. Not many cities have produced so many great bands with a characteristic sound to it.
It's one of the things that connects the club to its roots, like City playing Oasis (or whatever they play)

Ideally we could have a song from Manchester and which is more galvanizing than This is the One

RedNed77

They are not only great but it's part of the identity of the local area where the club is based. Not many cities have produced so many great bands with a characteristic sound to it.
It's one of the things that connects the club to its roots, like City playing Oasis (or whatever they play)

Ideally we could have a song from Manchester and which is more galvanizing than This is the One
Just the involvement of a red in a band widens things up somewhat. Just then pick a song from one of the back catalogues. There’s plenty to pick from, at least one from the below must have made a song more suitably rousing and anthemic than this is the one.

The list of United fans in music;

Obvious
Happy Mondays
Stone Roses
Charlatans
Joy Division/New Order
Buzzcocks

Less obvious or mixed
Oasis - Bonehead & McCarrol are red (obviously couldnt pick oasis though)
Thin Lizzie - Lynott was a red
One direction - Zayn Malik and Harry styles are red :nervous:
Catfish & The bottlemen - lead singers a red
The Specials
Marillion
10cc
The Architects
Two Door cinema club
Radiohead - Ed O’Brien
ABC
Futureheads -
Primal Scream
Shed Seven
The Verve
British Sea Power
Motorhead- Phil Campbell- guitarist
Slow Readers Club
Divine Comedy
The Smiths - Morissey is a reported childhood red but much like his sexuality he keeps it vague
A Certain Ratio
Courteeners
Chvrches
James - the guitarist is a red
The Fall - Mark E Smith and Mark Riley are famously blue, but lots of previous members have been reds
Supergrass - Gaz Coombes is a red

there are more

lsd

The Oracle
Stormzy and Dave are Utd fans . I'm sure they do something the players would like

Alanxyz

Interesting!

You are right about thr fanfare and I remember it fondly from European nights especially.

I love The Roses. Genuinely their music always smashes it for me...

I love This Is The One, but as intros go nothing quite does it for me like Love Spreads. That guitar at the beginning is filthy, and when it gets going with the bass and drums it's fecking epic.

Showing some eclectic taste....or age :lol: something about O Fortuna makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up...but a little much for Burnley at home...
I’m going for eclectic taste otherwise I’d have to admit to the age issue too, but reading through the thread my first thought was O Fortuna too

Utdstar01

The Rocky Fanfare was by far the best we've had and actually got you pumped at the start of games. I don't see how it can feel cheesier than what we have at the moment. Our entrance song at the moment is flat and soft AF, unsurprisngly much like how we start the beginning of most of our matches.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Just the involvement of a red in a band widens things up somewhat. Just then pick a song from one of the back catalogues. There’s plenty to pick from, at least one from the below must have made a song more suitably rousing and anthemic than this is the one.

Obvious
Happy Mondays
Stone Roses
Charlatans
Joy Division/New Order
Buzzcocks

Less obvious or mixed
The Specials
Marillion
10cc
The Architects
Two Door cinema club
Radiohead - Ed O’Brien
ABC
Futureheads -
Primal Scream
Shed Seven
The Verve
British Sea Power
Slow Readers Club
Divine Comedy
The Smiths - Morissey is a reported childhood red but much like his sexuality he keeps it vague
A Certain Ratio
Courteeners
Chvrches
The Fall - Mark E Smith and Mark Riley are famously blue, but lots of previous members have been reds

there are more
If Motorhead is an option, then surely The Game (as Based Adnan posted on the first page) has to be right up there.

Only problem is that I think that it might have been specifically written for Triple H to use, so WWE may have some kind of exclusive deal on it's use.

Silas

Anyone calling the Rocky fanfare cringey is surely thinking of Gonna Fly Now, not the actual fanfare.
Vangelis - Chariots of fire
Think Spiral would work better. I reckon Chariots of Fire has seen enough mileage at this point and I wouldn't say it gets you pumped either.

Would probably have to shorten the transitions a bit.

lsd

The Oracle
Anyone calling the Rocky fanfare cringey is surely thinking of Gonna Fly Now, not the actual fanfare.

Think Spiral would work better. I reckon Chariots of Fire has seen enough mileage at this point and I wouldn't say it gets you pumped either.

Would probably have to shorten the transitions a bit.

Could people stop saying this . The people who are calling it cringey know what you are referring too and are not thinking of anything else

Rocky fanfare is cringey and totally dated we would be laughed at with that and im dure the players would be embarrassed too

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Could people stop saying this . The people who are calling it cringey know what you are referring too and are not thinking of anything else

Rocky fanfare is cringey and totally dated we would be laughed at with that and im dure the players would be embarrassed too
If you’d been in the stretford end for a Liverpool game before football actually became ‘cringey’ (such a pathetic word) then you’d have a different view.

Cringey is what they did with ‘United road’ and making their own lyrics to ‘Glory Glory’ a plastic representation. Trying to enforce a ‘manc’ anthem is ‘cringey’ it’s PR and day tripper.

Football has become ‘cringey’ so if that dates what made an atmosphere great and got the crowd electric, maybe the issue isn’t the fanfare.

lsd

The Oracle
If you’d been in the stretford end for a Liverpool game before football actually became ‘cringey’ (such a pathetic word) then you’d have a different view.

Cringey is what they did with ‘United road’ and making their own lyrics to ‘Glory Glory’ a plastic representation. Trying to enforce a ‘manc’ anthem is ‘cringey’ it’s PR and day tripper.

Football has become ‘cringey’ so if that dates what made an atmosphere great and got the crowd electric, maybe the issue isn’t the fanfare.

Thats the point what worked in the 70s wont work now sad as that may be .

I look at videos of matches in the 70s and im sure football was more fun then . More people could afford to go to games and the players were more relatable and not multi millionaires in their own bubble.

Im not knocking that , i just stating that those Rocky songs would not work now and they would come off as cringey .

You see the videos of players now in the dressing room dancing and messing about . They are not doing that to Rocky thats not what gets them up for games now and its the same for most fans.

To be honest i love the Chelsea song its dated but its theirs and they alone are associated with it so it works for them .

Rocky has been done to death by too many people . Let it go ( could we do let it go from frozen :D )

Silverman

The Avengers theme by Alan Silvestri would be awesome as a walk on theme if say he composed it just for United.
Like for the battle scene in Endgame, it's just ridiculous how well it works.
However, it's too closely related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for it to work as an intro imo.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
When did they change it from the Rocky Fanfare? Can’t have been that long ago at all.

Sparky Rhiwabon

OK, I have a solution. I like This is the One but it’s better suited to being a “pre-entrance song”. So play that so build up the suspense and the drama and then Rocky Fanfare when they’re actually about to emerge from the tunnel. Perfect.

GazTheLegend

I feel like "Bad Moon Rising" is becoming a bit of an unofficial anthem at Old Trafford these days. Wouldn't be surprised to see it adopted at some point.

Pep's Suit

I like Real's the most - Vangelis' Alexander the Great ("Titans", I believe).

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
OK, I have a solution. I like This is the One but it’s better suited to being a “pre-entrance song”. So play that so build up the suspense and the drama and then Rocky Fanfare when they’re actually about to emerge from the tunnel. Perfect.
This is what they used to do up until LVGs first season I think, then they changed it.

TrustInOle

As a youngster I always loved the Rocky Fanfare, especially when in the stadium, felt like we were going into battle!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Thats the point what worked in the 70s wont work now sad as that may be .

I look at videos of matches in the 70s and im sure football was more fun then . More people could afford to go to games and the players were more relatable and not multi millionaires in their own bubble.

Im not knocking that , i just stating that those Rocky songs would not work now and they would come off as cringey .

You see the videos of players now in the dressing room dancing and messing about . They are not doing that to Rocky thats not what gets them up for games now and its the same for most fans.

To be honest i love the Chelsea song its dated but its theirs and they alone are associated with it so it works for them .

Rocky has been done to death by too many people . Let it go ( could we do let it go from frozen :D )
I get what youre saying...although it was 80's, 90's 00's and up until quite recent....perhaps football as it was is dead?

Im not joking last season, Ive a season ticket in Stretford end, a guy came to the seat next to me and tried to high five me....ten minutes later hes singing "25 25 Man United"

:nono::lol:

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Obvious
Happy Mondays
Stone Roses
Charlatans
Joy Division/New Order
Buzzcocks

Less obvious or mixed
The Specials
Marillion
10cc
The Architects
Two Door cinema club
Radiohead - Ed O’Brien
ABC
Futureheads -
Primal Scream
Shed Seven
The Verve
British Sea Power
Slow Readers Club
Divine Comedy
A Certain Ratio
Courteeners
Chvrches

there are more
I dunno about not being able to use Oasis. The next time we win the league, playing Don't look back in Anger would have been the perfect song to play when City come to OT. It would also have been perfect for every time we played them if they had been banned from CL. :rolleyes: