Our games in october + table & some stats

OohAahMartial

Think us and city will win every one of those games, barring further significant injuries. Not worried by the Anfield game as our form is far better than theirs, and Spurs at home while tricky is still a game even last season we could manage and we have improved greatly. But I also don't see city losing any either. Hence why I think it comes down to injuries.

Akshay

Staff
Think us and city will win every one of those games, barring further significant injuries. Not worried by the Anfield game as our form is far better than theirs, and Spurs at home while tricky is still a game even last season we could manage and we have improved greatly. But I also don't see city losing any either. Hence why I think it comes down to injuries.
Form rarely comes into it though in Liverpool - United derbies. It'll be one of the tougher games of the season, it always is (barring when they had Hodgson in charge).

OohAahMartial

Form rarely comes into it though in Liverpool - United derbies. It'll be one of the tougher games of the season, it always is (barring when they had Hodgson in charge).
Its a great time to play them when all our attackers are in red hot form and our defense is solid, whereas they're being mauled in the press, manager under pressure and defense conceding every game. It will be interesting to see if Jose uses similar tactics to last year when we were the under-dog or if he takes the offensive, or will he go 3-4-3....our tactical flexibility is so great now that no-one can really predict how we will set up and therefore how to prepare against us. I can see Klopp losing it big time and having a full on meltdown.

Siorac

Liverpool away - probably a defeat
Benfica away - a draw is fine
Huddersfield away - must win
Swansea away - I don't give a feck
Spurs home - should win
Benfica home - should win

So yeah, I expect three wins, a draw and a defeat.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If we somehow beat both Liverpool and Spurs as well as the rest I will be mighty impressed.

Dept3942

1.The biggest games, in general terms, for the local Manchester United fans I know, are the Derbies, and have been for the 40 years I've followed football. Ditto the depth of banter, discussion and engagement I've had, even with non-local United fans.

2.Can't say I've seen United play this season. By which I mean I haven't sat through 90mins - which would be a little odd for me, unless it was one of those pesky derbys. But nor do I mean I've only just watched some edited highlights, or just read some biased ramblings.

3.Regarding predictions, I said 'unlikely' as I'm not Nostradamus and the future really is unknown. I think you came across more like mystic meg?

4.With regard to my post: Southampton (currently 12th of 20) is by far the strongest team United have played this season, and the result was still a victory. I'm unsure what your issue is with those facts.

5.Typed all this due to having a too real nasty dream wake me up, unrelated to anything to do with football, this forum, this post etc - just needed to expend the adrenaline at 3.30 in the morning.

1.You must not know many Utd fans. The majority of Utd fans were hoping City rather than Liverpool were going to win, in the season you were both challenging. I know it's hard for many City fans to accept but you were an irrelevance to us before the takeover.

2.If you have no knowledge of a subject then how can you comment on it. You have not watched us play this season yet you are pontificating on how we will do this season.

3.You could ask 100 neutral football fans how likely it is that Utd will win at Burnley this season. I would be very surprised if anyone stated anything other than a Utd win.

4.Your logic has been indicated to be fatally flawed. I think on reading back the thread you will accept this now.

5.Don't post at 3.30 am. It's like getting drunk & then next day holding your head in your hands ''Why Did I Do That last Night''

GM K

Spurs yes. I don't think that we can win in any derby match away. Chelsea, liverpool, city, arsenal, spurs...
Not because i am pessimist or i think that we are bad. It is because we will park the bus and play on one point.
The interesting thing is that minus last season and the horrific half season at Chelsea, Jose actually had an incredible record against the big teams in England and Italy. When he figured Barcelona out in Spain, he had a decent record in Spain too.

I think Jose is back to his best. I won't be surprised if we beat one or two of the big guns away, draw the rest but take most of the points at home this season. Even last season when we were relatively average, we had fairly good results against the big guns except for the Stamford Bridge hammering.

Irrational.

As long as we are within touching distance of City by the end of November 5th I'll be very happy as we'll have played Liverpool (A), Spurs (H) and Chelsea (A) and should be in a strong position for November where we have Newcastle (H), Brighton (H) and Watford (A) and should make some ground on City.

Member 90887

As long as we are within touching distance of City by the end of November 5th I'll be very happy as we'll have played Liverpool (A), Spurs (H) and Chelsea (A) and should be in a strong position for November where we have Newcastle (H), Brighton (H) and Watford (A) and should make some ground on City.
Yeah, i think that should be our main goal along with qualifying in the CL after our two benfica games.

Uniqueusername52119

Relax everyone. December 9th is the pivotal day. A decisive home performance changes everything in the league.

AlwaysRed66

A concern for us is that 7 of our 8 games have been against the bottom Eight, which hardly tells us much, & as soon as we play a team at the next level we defend at all costs for a draw, which people are saying is a great result. I hardly think Man City are thinking the same way.

Dept3942

A concern for us is that 7 of our 8 games have been against the bottom Eight, which hardly tells us much, & as soon as we play a team at the next level we defend at all costs for a draw, which people are saying is a great result. I hardly think Man City are thinking the same way.
City would bite your hand off for a draw at Liverpool. A draw at Anfield isn't a bad result. In our case it doesn't matter what kind of form Liverpool go into the game with. They will always up their performance levels at home against us.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Bump.

We're in for a torrid run of games in the PL. Current position of next 7 teams placed in brackets.

Spurs H (3rd)
Chelsea A (4th)
Newcastle H (7th)
Brighton H (12th)
Watford A (6th)
Arsenal A (5th)
City H (1st)

We could really do with having Pogba, or changing our setup to offer some threat to the opposition. Otherwise we won't be able to take advantage of any slips from City.

el3mel

Bump.

We're in for a torrid run of games in the PL. Current position of next 7 teams placed in brackets.

Spurs H (3rd)
Chelsea A (4th)
Newcastle H (7th)
Brighton H (12th)
Watford A (6th)
Arsenal A (5th)
City H (1st)

We could really do with having Pogba, or changing our setup to offer some threat to the opposition. Otherwise we won't be able to take advantage of any slips from City.
WDWWWWL

My prediction, but let's see what will happen.

Listar

Bump.

Spurs H (3rd)
Chelsea A (4th)
Newcastle H (7th)
Brighton H (12th)
Watford A (6th)
Arsenal A (5th)
City H (1st)

We will beat them all. Have some faith.

AgentP

Bump.

Spurs H (3rd)
Chelsea A (4th)
Newcastle H (7th)
Brighton H (12th)
Watford A (6th)
Arsenal A (5th)
City H (1st)

I'm not feeling too confident about this. Our strong position in the CL will give us the opportunity to rest some players which I hope will make a difference. If we can get through the first 2 games with 4 points, we'll do well in the rest.