Our Last Ten Games…

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
W3 D2 L5 GS 13 GA 19

This run includes 3 hammerings and 2 of the wins were literally Ronaldo saving our asses.

How much longer can we let this go on ? It’s relegation form.

chiz2kul

Relegation form for sure.

But let him go for who is the question. Conte at least would have put a stop to the leak at the defense but the board was too scared. There's no one available. Zidane isn't good enough IMO. Steve Bruce? I hear Neil Warnock is available...

Jericho

Assuming we continuing with Ole…

Bin the fecking 3-5-2 and just play the best players now. And start Cavani for feck sake.

Ollie Derbyshire

We’re a joke to everyone at the minute and we just have to suck it up till the board grow a pair at the end of season, honestly can’t see them doing anything till then.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why just choose 10 games? Can't cherry pick to suit your agenda.

D. Mungai

Bin the fecking 3-5-2 and just play the best players now. And start Cavani for feck sake.
The biggest indictment for Ole is when we leak a goal on 541 formation he changes back to another formation. This shows he just does things and hope for the best. It shows he is just on self preservation mode.
Never have you see Pep going back 7 because of leaking goals, even on Kloop worst time, last season, he did not go to back 7 he stuck with what he believes in.
You work on how to stop the leaks with your basic structure still intact

All the happy souls here when we changed formation was a very red flag for me, it shows Ole himself knew what he was doing was not working.

Even Pep without a striker still his basic structure of football is still the same, he might change the personnel or execution plan BUT the basic structure of possession football is there. Kloop high energy football was still there last season( the reason why Liverpool let in many goals) never did Kloop went to a back 7.

Whoever who supports Ole now is just for Hope rather than Belief.

Ole has been found

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The biggest indictment for Ole is when we leak a goal on 541 formation he changes back to another formation. This shows he just does things and hope for the best. It shows he is just on self preservation mode.
Never have you see Pep going back 7 because of leaking goals, even on Kloop worst time, last season, he did not go to back 7 he stuck with what he believes in.
You work on how to stop the leaks with your basic structure still intact

All the happy souls here when we changed formation was a very red flag for me, it shows Ole himself knew what he was doing was not working.

Even Pep without a striker still his basic structure of football is still the same, he might change the personnel or execution plan BUT the basic structure of possession football is there. Kloop high energy football was still there last season( the reason why Liverpool let in many goals) never did Kloop went to a back 7.

Whoever who supports Ole now is just for Hope rather than Belief.

Ole has been found
100%

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It’s a pretty arbitrary amount 7,8,9 would be strange. Also signs have been there from the Southampton game second game of the season, YB game first CL game.

Bubz27

It’s a pretty arbitrary amount 7,8,9 would be strange. Also signs have been there from the Southampton game second game of the season, YB game first CL game.
Pulling your plonker anyway. We've played well once this season. Maybe twice, that could be a bit generous.

eire-red

Its not his fault, but we’re no better off for his goals.
You mean without his goals Villareal and Atalanta that have literally given us the only points we have in the Champions League?

Yeah, I guess if you forget those crucial goals, we're no better off...

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

But let him go for who is the question. Conte at least would have put a stop to the leak at the defense but the board was too scared. There's no one available. Zidane isn't good enough IMO. Steve Bruce? I hear Neil Warnock is available...
Relegation form.... Yet nobody available so just do nothing? There's many managers better than Ole. I'm sure we can find somebody that is capable of playing good football with this team that would jump at the chance.

lsd

The Oracle
Cardiff sacked Ole for 3 wins out of his last 10 games.

They obviously have higher standards than United though

OrcaFat

I think he will be sacked during this break. It won’t shock me if it doesn’t happen but I think it is getting to be an embarrassment for the board.

The lad must be exhausted and seems baffled by the appalling state of the performances over the last few months.

Sometimes it gets so bad (and it happens even to great managers), that there’s no way back. Everyone knows that, including our board.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Which "best" players haven't we been playing though?

It's because we've tried to shoehorn in Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood/Rashford and Sancho at times, we've looked so absolutely wide open in the middle.

Cavani can play once every 3 or so games in general, he gets too many niggles to be any more regular.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he will be sacked during this break. It won’t shock me if it doesn’t happen but I think it is getting to be an embarrassment for the board.

The lad must be exhausted and seems baffled by the appalling state of the performances over the last few months.

Sometimes it gets so bad (and it happens even to great managers), that there’s no way back. Everyone knows that, including our board.
Waiting to the international break would seem sensible giving us 2 weeks to sort stuff out.

But you just can't see us bringing someone permanent in. It's just not our style to be so ruthlessly efficient.
Another caretaker is an angle I'm sure they'll want to avoid too.

The way Ole speaks it's like he's had assurances that he's nowhere near the sack.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Literally just having no manager would do better. A manager can be a positive impact like a Pep or Klopp or Tuchel, a neutral like what Ole was for 2 years where they just keep everyone happy and the system is fine to basically get results roughly to par, or a big negative like Ole now. When they're a big negative, then literally sacking them and nothing else will provide a benefit.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
10 games is a good indication of recent form.
I'm sure that if we choose the last 6 games, the stats will read even worse.

Bubz27

10 games is a good indication of recent form.
I'm sure that if we choose the last 6 games, the stats will read even worse.
Just taking the piss mate.

OrcaFat

Waiting to the international break would seem sensible giving us 2 weeks to sort stuff out.

But you just can't see us bringing someone permanent in. It's just not our style to be so ruthlessly efficient.
Another caretaker is an angle I'm sure they'll want to avoid too.

The way Ole speaks it's like he's had assurances that he's nowhere near the sack.
The kind of assurances managers get are not worth anything, I don’t think.

I don’t reckon telling a manager he will be sacked if he doesn’t win, say, his next three games, is considered a good strategy for improving the fortunes of a team so deep in the shit. I expect he would be backed verbally right up until a decision is made to sack him.

We look so bad just now, it will be a courageous (should I say reckless), decision to stick with Ole. The board have wider fiduciary responsibilities to consider, which is the kind of shit they really care about.

It hurts me to stick the boot in but I hope the board puts him out of his misery.

Jericho

We’d be out of the CL like we were last season without them so clearly we are.
But your acting like we just be down to 10 men without him. Someone else we be in his place, and other players would be scoring. Greenwood, Fernandez etc. Just like last season.

Jericho

You mean without his goals Villareal and Atalanta that have literally given us the only points we have in the Champions League?

Yeah, I guess if you forget those crucial goals, we're no better off...
Results are the same or worse than last season. How can you argue we’re better off. Ronaldo is scoring and but now other players aren’t.

Ralph1386

We dropped 14 points of the last 18 in the league. We’re 9 points away from the relegation zone. If that helps you see more clearly where we’re at, without agenda.

Edit: just saw that you were joking.

eire-red

Results are the same or worse than last season. How can you argue we’re better off. Ronaldo is scoring and but now other players aren’t.
I don't know why we're way off the level we were at last season, but I don't see how Ronaldo has managed to make our entire back 4 and midfield useless.

All I know is that without Ronaldo's goals this season, we would be in a worse state. I have seen no evidence so far this season that anyone is near capable of stepping up to the plate if he wasn't here.

It was the same last season, hence why we fell into the Europa League, hence why we capitulated last season after somehow stumbling our way to top of the table.

We've been crying out for a clinical goal scorer who you can hang your hat on for seasons now, someone capable of stepping up when it matters most. Now we have him, he's scoring goals, yet now all of a sudden people are pointing a finger at him saying the balance of the team is all wrong with him in it.

It's a load of nonsense. People are saying that Ronaldo is the problem, for me it's the opposite. I think his level and standards are showing up those that should be nowhere near this starting 11, and those that don't have the mentality to be in a squad capable of competing. Because with Ronaldo in your team, that is the bar.

Frankly, nobody else has stepped up to it. Weak mentality, right through this club, from the board right down to the manager and too many of the players. Watching the first 20mins of the game today is enough to showcase that.

Jericho

Which "best" players haven't we been playing though?

It's because we've tried to shoehorn in Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood/Rashford and Sancho at times, we've looked so absolutely wide open in the middle.

Cavani can play once every 3 or so games in general, he gets too many niggles to be any more regular.
Greenwood for one. And sancho needs a run.

Also, best doesn’t always mean good. I think Fred has been decent at times in the past but he needs dropping. The little we’ve seen of VdB I’d argue has been better.

RazorOz

It was obviously coming though from the previous games. We were never playing well at any point this season, just had a very kind fixture list to start. We have a kind fixture list again starting in December for a few months, so if Solskjaer survives until then expect some cliches how we've turned a new corner after beating Norwich.

Jericho

I don't know why we're way off the level we were at last season, but I don't see how Ronaldo has managed to make our entire back 4 and midfield useless.

All I know is that without Ronaldo's goals this season, we would be in a worse state. I have seen no evidence so far this season that anyone is near capable of stepping up to the plate if he wasn't here.

It was the same last season, hence why we fell into the Europa League, hence why we capitulated last season after somehow stumbling our way to top of the table.

We've been crying out for a clinical goal scorer who you can hang your hat on for seasons now, someone capable of stepping up when it matters most. Now we have him, he's scoring goals, yet now all of a sudden people are pointing a finger at him saying the balance of the team is all wrong with him in it.

It's a load of nonsense. People are saying that Ronaldo is the problem, for me it's the opposite. I think his level and standards are showing up those that should be nowhere near this starting 11, and those that don't have the mentality to be in a squad capable of competing. Because with Ronaldo in your team, that is the bar.

Frankly, nobody else has stepped up to it. Weak mentality, right through this club, from the board right down to the manager and too many of the players. Watching the first 20mins of the game today is enough to showcase that.
Not recently we weren’t. Last year we had the second highest goals scored in the league. Most people seemed happy going into this season with Cavani leading the line, with Rashford and Greenwood at either side. The problem was CB and especially CM. Varane was the solution to the CB problem but if we’ve been crying out for anything it’s a midfield to stitch the attack and the defence together.

wolvored

But your acting like we just be down to 10 men without him. Someone else we be in his place, and hopefully other players would be scoring. Greenwood, Fernandez etc. Just like last season.
Fixed it for you

wolvored

Greenwood for one. And sancho needs a run.

Also, best doesn’t always mean good. I think Fred has been decent at times in the past but he needs dropping. The little we’ve seen of VdB I’d argue has been better.
Greenwood has been playing fairly regularly. Sancho hasn't. Yet another bad buy so far, like VDB, who after spending well over £100 mill for, Ole wont put in the team unless its panic stations.

eire-red

Not recently we weren’t. Last year we had the second highest goals scored in the league. Most people seemed happy going into this season with Cavani leading the line, with Rashford and Greenwood at either side. The problem was CB and especially CM. Varane was the solution to the CB problem but if we’ve been crying out for anything it’s a midfield to stitch the attack and the defence together.
How many of the big games did we fail to score last year? Arsenal home and away, City home, Liverpool away, Chelsea home and away (just off the top of my head, could be wrong there). 9 goals against Southampton and 6 against Leeds skew it a little. We still struggled so badly at times to break teams down.

On midfield, completely agree with you there. Did we really need to spend 70m to not play Sancho, when we have gaping holes in midfield?

On Ronaldo, I think the criticism of him is unfair when he has delivered big goals for us already. There's nobody else in that attack I have confidence in to do it consistently and stop up when needed. So what if he doesn't press, he didn't do it in his prime either. Build a capable team around him and he will score if given opportunities. Who else can we say that about in the squad? Cavani, yes, but he can't stay fit this season.