Our Next 5 Games

gajender

A draw against PSG and we will go through, even if we lose our last game (head to head).

A win against PSG and we will top the group.

A draw against PSG and RBL drawing as well means we top the group.

A loss against PSG and RBL losing will see us qualifying, unless we lose by a lot against RBL.

So i'd say that we'll probably qualify this wednesday with a game to spare.
Not unless either of them lose against istanbul basaksehir otherwise we are out but I am fully confident of not losing another tie in Champions League we would qualify this Wednesday hopefully itself.

Gasolin

Won’t be a 10 day rest. FA cup game and potentially a Carabao semi to be added in that period.
Ok then this season is awful and just crazy. Let's hope we survive. The fittest team is basically the one who is going to win the league.

Member 90887

Not unless either of them lose against istanbul basaksehir otherwise we are out but I am fully confident of not losing another tie in Champions League we would qualify this Wednesday hopefully itself.
Well, that's what i said, RBL losing. They okay istanbul next.

I share you confidence, we'll probably get a draw against PSG and advance.

Havak

Pokemon master
I'm actually pretty confident we'll turn over West Ham and Sheffield United. As it stands, I'd probably be more than happy with draws in the other three games honestly... We are going to have to beat a big team in the Premier League soon though. 1 Point so far from Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal all at Old Trafford. I know we're better away from home in the League at the moment, but I don't think it's a trend that will continue for the whole season. We're leaving ourselves a lot to do since we play all the big teams away in the second half of the season and they'll likely have fans in the stadium while we didn't.

Gasolin

I'm actually pretty confident we'll turn over West Ham and Sheffield United. As it stands, I'd probably be more than happy with draws in the other three games honestly... We are going to have to beat a big team in the Premier League soon though. 1 Point so far from Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal all at Old Trafford. I know we're better away from home in the League at the moment, but I don't think it's a trend that will continue for the whole season. We're leaving ourselves a lot to do since we play all the big teams away in the second half of the season and they'll likely have fans in the stadium while we didn't.
Are you really afraid of the big teams? We can just stay compact and counter them. I wouldn't worry that much, as long as all our injured players are back so that we can sustain the focus. We have had big results without any problem with Ole, so we shouldn't worry. Smaller teams were the issue but it seems that we are slowly addressing them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The seemingly hard runs never turn out as bad as predicted likewise the easy runs never work out as well as predicted either

Jonno

Whilst we will play to beat PSG. This season, Ole is rotating much more than last season. He only really trusted about 12 players last season. This time round, we have an extra player in each position that is trusted to come in and play well.

For all those who said we had a poor transfer window.... Adding a good solid option in each of: GK (Hendo), defence (Telles), midfield (VDB), attack (Cavani) to our already good squad was a great bit of business.

Havak

Pokemon master
Are you really afraid of the big teams? We can just stay compact and counter them. I wouldn't worry that much, as long as all our injured players are back so that we can sustain the focus. We have had big results without any problem with Ole, so we shouldn't worry. Smaller teams were the issue but it seems that we are slowly addressing them.
I agree, but it often seems like we go through stages of being able to fix one problem and then it creates another. Case and point earlier this season was conceding goals for fun, which has been remedied for the most-part now, but we have been missing a lot of chances and struggling for goals at times as well. Again, this seems a bit less of a problem now, but we are a side that is struggling to find the true balance of defending well, not conceding many, and scoring a fair few ourselves. It can be a lot to ask, but I think this side is capable of getting to that point and looking like a comfortable top 4 side.

We'll have to see how it goes over the next few, but I'd honestly be perfectly fine with draws in the up and coming big games as it gets us where we need to be IMO.

Jonno

We tend to play better when playing every 3-4 days. I just hope we can produce that mentality we did in the 2nd half of last season.

OleTheGreat

This is going to be a difficult period for Ole. I hope he comes through in flying colors. It is going to be a really difficult task to play through these congested fixtures but I hope we do well and get into the knockout and into the Top4 ASAP. This team and us fans need something to cheer about. We've been so patient with the team and Ole. We deserve to enjoy some exciting football going forward as well. I hope the away run continues and we get some wins at home as well.

cptkeane1993

I think we may be taking the PSG and Leipzig games a little lightly. They both have Istanbul to play in what would be make-or-break games for them (unlike for us where they were the middle two games) and you'd expect they'll both win that game. That would mean they both would have 9 points plus a game against us. If they both beat us, then we're out of the Champions League. Let's not forget, these are the semi-finalists and finalists from last year's Champions League and despite form and fitness of players, will still have quality on the pitch and both managers are tactically very astute.

Our immediate next game is PSG, where you'd imagine that were PSG not to win, and hence get knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages, Tuchel will be sacked. Because let's face it, they don't have all those star players / manager to win the French League. He is not going to go down without a fight though, and will have been plotting this game's strategy since their 1-0 Leipzig win. Win the game against us and they'll probably qualify as top of the table. As for us, it depends on how quickly we come down from the high of the comeback win yesterday, what attitude we go into the game with and who we have fit. If we go in thinking a draw is enough (which is true), then we'll be done for. Let's not forget Tuanzebe who was immense against Neymar, Mbappe and co won't be available so it's going to be Bailly if we stick to the standard 3-4-1-2 against PSG that's worked for us. If we lose this, then we go to Leipzig away and then we're looking at one unfavourable refereeing, red card or VAR decision away from elimination.

We have a tendency to not yet be able to sustain a high performance level for more than 2 games in a row this season - Newcastle(a) / PSG(a) and Istanbul(h) / Southampton(a). I hope Ole gets himself and the team fully focussed on the task ahead as there's still a lot of work to be done to stay in the competition. We were up for it in Paris what with it being our first game back in the competition and against last year's finalists but this time round, I sense some complacency. I am normally very positive but this game makes me quite nervous.

Red00012

Getting a point or beating PSG would mean a weeks rest for some players for the City game.

Ollie Derbyshire

As much as I want us to win every game I’d be happy to rotate in CL and cups and going all out for the league this year. If we go out of the CL so be it.

rooney2009

The Fittest and luckiest team in terms of injuries will win the league this Season
Let’s just draw with PSG and beat West-ham and take it from there.
Beat city and Sheffield Utd and lose to Leipzig

Adamsk7

Play to win against PSG. If we go at them, they are fragile. Win that game and we can effectively write off the Leipzig tie, field our youth team, and go for the PL games

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think we need to be looking to beat PSG, in all honesty. I'd be very disappointed to see us park the bus, we're not good enough defensively to rely on a tactic like that.
Its definitely the approach that we should be taking. PSG have to win, so the longer the game goes on the more space they will leave us.

Ollie Derbyshire

Play to win against PSG. If we go at them, they are fragile. Win that game and we can effectively write off the Leipzig tie, field our youth team, and go for the PL games
We need to be careful not to overplay some though, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred, Bruno & Rashford all need resting sooner rather than later, not all in one game obviously but managed effectively, otherwise I can see a poor result coming along to set us back in the league again.

This season isn’t the one to all out for them all.

Adamsk7

We need to be careful not to overplay some though, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred, Bruno & Rashford all need resting sooner rather than later, not all in one game obviously but managed effectively, otherwise I can see a poor result coming along to set us back in the league again.

This season isn’t the one to all out for them all.
Oh I agree. Cavani needs to play after the game he had and against his old team. Bruno I'd rest v West Ham and Leipzig (if we win or draw v PSG), same with AWB and Fred. Maguire and Lindelof are the ones we're gonna struggle with because Axl is banned in the CL for a game anyway and other than him our backup is either shite or injured....or injured shite

Brightonian

Beat PSG and we can play kindergarteners against Leipzig. In a season as cramped as this one, 'showing the opponent respect' comes second to doing what you've gotta do. That week off for the first team could be absolutely crucial to our season.

Ollie Derbyshire

Beat PSG and we can play kindergarteners against Leipzig. In a season as cramped as this one, 'showing the opponent respect' comes second to doing what you've gotta do. That week off for the first team could be absolutely crucial to our season.
What if we don’t beat PSG? Play them first XI again against Leipzig and in the league games? Need to rotate at some point.

USREDEVIL

Probably lose to PSG.
But we should get 6 out of 9 from SU, WH and City.
That Leipzig game needs to be won though. But we should be ok considering we demolished them last time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As much as I want us to win every game I’d be happy to rotate in CL and cups and going all out for the league this year. If we go out of the CL so be it.
What? Given the position we're in that would be madness. We go all out against PSG and if we lose we'll have to go all out against Leipzig. You do not not take the CL seriously. Cups on the other hand are nothing compared to the league.

Ollie Derbyshire

What? Given the position we're in that would be madness. We go all out against PSG and if we lose we'll have to go all out against Leipzig. You do not not take the CL seriously. Cups on the other hand are nothing compared to the league.
We’ll have to disagree, if we had Shaw, Pogba, Axel, McT, Bailey, Martial (??), Telles (??) available then maybe, but without some or all of them we’re in serious trouble if we pick up more injuries by over playing them in the next couple of weeks.

Dominos

We can actually come out of this run with just 2 wins and it wouldn't be the worst run set of results.

PSG - draw
West Ham - win
Leipzig - loss
City - loss
Sheffield - win

This would mean we've qualified from the "group of death" and got 6 points out of 9 in the league. Obviously I want us to do better and certainly don't want to lose to City but if we do our job and get a single point from PSG/Leipzig and win the two "easier" league games then we're not in a bad position at all.

I am very worried we'll mess up against West Ham though, they're in great form.

RedDevilRoshi

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020) - D
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020) - W
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020) - L
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020) - W
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020) - W

mancave bear

Never know what you will get with this team so who knows?
Its a relatively young team, so its natural that we have more variation, then a team which is at their peak, with lots of seasoned veterans. But the future looks bright : )

Smores

I think 6 pts from the league games has to be expected. I'd be more forgiving about the CL results, we made it difficult for ourselves losing to Istanbul.

Murray3007

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020) Win
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020) Win
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020) Draw
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020) Win
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020) Win
have it the same, Leipzig will be a game which will mean nothing at that point so not the end of the world, seem to be finding a knack of winning games even if not playing great.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

have it the same, Leipzig will be a game which will mean nothing at that point so not the end of the world, seem to be finding a knack of winning games even if not playing great.
I don't fear any of those teams, we're much better than people would have you believe.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
West Ham away
Leipzig away
City at home

Tough few weeks to come back from this one. Three wins and we will be on top of the world. Losses may well define our season.

NJM78

West Ham away
Leipzig away
City at home

Tough few weeks to come back from this one. Three wins and we will be on top of the world. Losses may well define our season.
I predict draw, loss, loss and Ole out finally.

So put money on us winning them all.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020)
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020)
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020)
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020)

Well 4 to go...

Bwuk

We’ll beat West Ham, lose to Leipzig and City; everyone will be Ole out, expecting the trigger to be pulled then we’ll beat Sheffield and everyone will forget about Ole out.

Rinse and repeat.

ForeverRed1

That result screwed us. Must field top side against Leipzig now... the heat is on ole... yet again. Zzzzzzzz

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not confident Ole will be here if were fail to get a result in Germany.