Our Next 5 Games

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We’ll beat West Ham, lose to Leipzig and City; everyone will be Ole out, expecting the trigger to be pulled then we’ll beat Sheffield and everyone will forget about Ole out.

Rinse and repeat.
I wouldn't be that gutted with that scenario in terms of results.

Hopefully swap a Leipzig defeat for a draw.

6 points from next 3 league games no disaster.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Sheff United are due a win.
This place will explode when they beat United

cptkeane1993

Hopefully we beat City and Sheffield Utd to make up for this huge loss. We need to focus on the league now big-time. City, Liverpool and Chelsea will have Champions League distractions.
We should take it easy in the Europa League (second team, introduce academy players) and maintain focus in the league.

Greck

You think we will lose both of our CL games? :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Oh a BVB fan. What did I expect? Of course, it would be nonsense then.
Damn. Page 1 of virtually every thread made 2 weeks ago have the problem of aging like milk

el3mel

You think we will lose both of our CL games? :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Oh a BVB fan. What did I expect? Of course, it would be nonsense then.
You should honestly apologize to him for treating his predictions like this. So arrogant.

Dominos

Our next 5 league games are so crucial because they're very winnable.

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

Leicester away is the hardest game on paper but they're just as bad and inconsistent as we are.

Get 4 wins from these and we should be in the top 4 and in a title race.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

Leicester away is the hardest game on paper but they're just a bad and inconsistent as we are.

10 points will likely be title pace with the hiccups coming thick and fast for everyone.

Dominos

10 points will likely be title pace with the hiccups coming thick and fast for everyone.
2 points per game amounts to 76 points over a season which I very much doubt will be enough. The points total will be low this year, but I can't remember the last time the winners went below 80 points.

And this is in a kind run of 5 games, if we can only get 10/15 in an easy run then we're not getting anywhere near the title. Frankly I don't think we even look like a cohesive football team so I don't think we can win it, but better to hold onto the hope until we're undeniably out of the race.

RedTiger

Half mast

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

Leicester away is the hardest game on paper but they're just a bad and inconsistent as we are.

I think leeds will be our hardest game. They're going to be so up for it I can't even imagine.

el3mel

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

Leicester away is the hardest game on paper but they're just as bad and inconsistent as we are.

We should honestly win all of these.

Dominos

I think leeds will be our hardest game. They're going to be so up for it I can't even imagine.
Agree we could easily lose this but Leeds have a habit of leaking goals and not quite getting the result their performances deserve. I expect them to look like the better footballing side for the majority of the game but they should leave themselves exposed enough for us to take advantage.

We've been outplayed by teams with inferior players more times than I care to count this season, so I've got little faith we'll even get the job done against Sheffield tomorrow.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

Leeds, Leicester and Wolves all potential banana skins for an inconsistent team like ours. 3 wins and a couple of draws with Leicester and Wolves seem more realistic.

clean-sheet-culkin

2 points per game amounts to 76 points over a season which I very much doubt will be enough. The points total will be low this year, but I can't remember the last time the winners went below 80 points.
Yup. 90 points is the average for the last 10 seasons (bit skewed because of the last 3, but not too much). Only 3 prem seasons with fewer points than 80, and they were all in the 90s (two of them ours).

el3mel

And could honestly drop points in all of those games.
I look at these games and I don't see any reason to not get the full mark.

Sheffield : Worst team in the league by long margin.
Leeds : It would be a cracker but they're suicidal in their attacking approach. We'll score ton against them so as long as we defend well on the opposite side, we should win this.
Leicester : They're ridiculously inconsistent and we tend to do well on their pitch.
Wolves : Might have been difficult but at home ? They're not that special away from their pitch.
Villa : Well, should win as well, it's also at home.

15 points could put us straight 2nd just few points behind Liverpool.

Elpidios

CL: Man United vs PSG 1-2 (Lose 1-3)
PL: West Ham vs Man United 1-2 (Win 1-3)
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United 1-0 (Lose 3-2)
PL: Man United vs Man City 1-1 (Draw 1-1)
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United 0-2 (pending)
Well done, you've managed to predict the correct result in all 4 games thus far, if United win tomorrow, that'll be 5/5!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

Do worry about Wolves because they will just defend deep and hit us on counter. Playing right in middle of the festive fixtures as well. Good thing is they also have the same set of fixtures and would be tired. Rest all are winnable.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Good thing is they also have the same set of fixtures and would be tired. Rest all are winnable.
This is the important point to take. Leicester are going to be shagged with fatigue by the time we play them given their injury issues. While Wolves/Villa have fairly small squads. It's a good run of fixtures for us imo.

always_hoping

I look at these games and I don't see any reason to not get the full mark.

Sheffield : Worst team in the league by long margin.
Leeds : It would be a cracker but they're suicidal in their attacking approach. We'll score ton against them so as long as we defend well on the opposite side, we should win this.
Leicester : They're ridiculously inconsistent and we tend to do well on their pitch.
Wolves : Might have been difficult but at home ? They're not that special away from their pitch.
Villa : Well, should win as well, it's also at home.

15 points could put us straight 2nd just few points behind Liverpool.
Have you suddenly forgotten about Uniteds poor home form this season? Plus both Villa and Wolves drew in OT last season.

always_hoping

This run might be a good chance to improve this home form I believe.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I attended the last two PL Wolves v United games in OT both draws. I was also at the 2-2 draw against Villa and home defeat to Burnley.

Long gone are the days that teams would roll over against United in OT some whom were beaten in their minds before kick off.

Look at the teams we've played at home. Been a tricky start to be fair for us.

We've played Palace, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and West Brom.
Since the 80s I could count on 1 hand to the amount times United lost at home to Spurs and got hammered by them.

The current Arsenal team should not be tricky. Two years in a row United have now lost to Palace in OT another prime example as to why United could drop points to any team at home nowadays.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You got to remember that we have played 3 matches every 7/8 days since August. How many of those teams on that list have had that same crazy pace? Wolves? The rest are relatively having a leisurely stroll.

At some point, our tank will start to run on empty.

cptkeane1993

One game at a time. First we need to get back to winning ways at Sheffield United.
Then Leeds, who had a great result today.

croadyman

Top of the league in 5 games time, we really are coming back, a few solid Jan signings and the title is within reach :drool:
Sounds like there aren't plans for any January signings unless our targets become available

RashyForPM

Beat Sheffield, counter Leeds, mark Vardy, break Wolves down and elbow Grealish, then we’re on a title charge. Easier said than done of course.

Web of Bissaka

Sheffield A
Leeds H
Leicester A
Wolves H
Villa H

"winnable"

Never have been.

Josh 76

CL: Man United vs PSG 1-2
PL: West Ham vs Man United 1-2
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United 1-0
PL: Man United vs Man City 1-1
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United 0-2
Just saw this and for a second I thought I somehow missed the sheff Utd game last night.
Unreal predictions mate!

cyberman

I'll believe it when I see it.

I attended the last two PL Wolves v United games in OT both draws. I was also at the 2-2 draw against Villa and home defeat to Burnley.

Long gone are the days that teams would roll over against United in OT some whom were beaten in their minds before kick off.

Since the 80s I could count on 1 hand to the amount times United lost at home to Spurs and got hammered by them.

The current Arsenal team should not be tricky. Two years in a row United have now lost to Palace in OT another prime example as to why United could drop points to any team at home nowadays.
Your username is a lie