Our options are limited, who next?

el3mel

Some interresting options on this thread but players like Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez have massive egos, if they won't play for Jose what makes anyone think they will play for E Howe, Big Sam or Jardim. We probably would all agree that our next manager should be the following;
  • Decent Human Being with good morales and an excellent man motivator that stays away from unecessary media attention
  • Has played the game to a high level
  • Has Managed the game to a high level including Champions league or National experience
  • Has excellent communication skills with his player
  • Can speak multi languages, English, Spainish, Italian, French
  • Invests in Youth and gives them a chance
  • Is Tactically Flexible and can make the hard calls within the game
  • Improves players by excellent Training methods
  • Believes in his own conviction
  • Plays Attacking Football and knows his best formation and best team
  • Has a blueprint for success short term and long term
  • Has won domestic Titles and European Titles
  • Has Brand awareness and can assist the Club in this Field.
  • Is a relative Young Man in Management arena preferably under 50 to allow us to buid a 10 year dynasty
As you can see the wish list is almost impossible to fill but why shouldn't United as one of the biggest clubs in World Football demand the best option!

Pep is quite rightly considered the best Manager in World football right now but the last time I checked he had won 1 less Champions League trophy than Zidane plus Pep has not won that trophy for 8 years! So bar the Speaking English which Zidane is keen to learn he ticks all the above boxes and more importantly will cost the club no compensation Fee. Enough of the Whose Next conversation, there is clearly only 1 candidate currently available and suitable for our Great Club!

ZZ may not be perfect but he will conduct himself in the right way and take the spotlight off of the players instantly!
It looks to me you're searching for a God to manage the team not a human.

Aloysius's Back 3

I don't want pochettin0 here unless he has the genuine ability to bring Kane & Dier here even with world record fees.

I say that because like SAF did - we need to start weakening our opponents by going for their players or at least unsettling them.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Jardim. Plays attacking football, develops youth. Out of contract next year apparently.

He'd excel in a team that doesn't sell it's best players every year.
Monaco's recent form:

DLLDLDLL

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't want pochettin0 here unless he has the genuine ability to bring Kane & Dier here even with world record fees.

I say that because like SAF did - we need to start weakening our opponents by going for their players or at least unsettling them.
What the feck?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Thinking selling their best players year after year has come home to roost and they have a lot of injuries it appears as well.
Nah, he's lost the dressing room, outdated manager.

Am I doing this correctly?

Axis317

For me it would be

Giggsy
Scholesy
Neville

Winners mentality in each of them.

el3mel

Monaco's recent form:

DLLDLDLL
Jardim won't win anything here but he's exactly what we need at the moment away from any flashy name. We need someone who will take the players to training ground and teach them how to play proper football, how to pass and immediately move in free space to make yourself target for passing, how to move behind defenders ..etc. No top short-term manager will do that.

2-3 years of Jardim teaching the squad proper football, then let him go and hire a top manager to start winning trophies.

Bojan11

People will think it's a joke but like others have mentioned (cc @Volumiza ) Howe is a good option. Do people know how bad Bournemouth were before he got there? They were bottom of League 2 on the verge of administration.

What I like about him is that he sticks to his principals. He got them promoted from league 2 to league 1- league 1 to championship - championship to PL playing the same brand of football and they still play the same way in PL regardless. Not only that but he likes developing young player's too, I think if a DOF was brought in he could do very well here.
He hasn’t signed one good player since they got promoted in the premier league.

Also let’s not rewrite history. Bournemouth were one of the biggest spenders in the championship. They broke FFP rules.

Howe did a good job. But let’s not make out he did it on pennies. Without the significant investment, Bournemouth wouldn’t be in the premier league.

Anyway I can’t believe people are suggesting him. We must really be desperate. We should go for Wagner if we can’t get Howe.

The names some people are suggesting are clubs like Leicester and Everton wouldn’t look at.

Aloysius's Back 3

No seriously Dier.....what the feck....
I think Dier is rubbish as a CM the way he is playing now & have no idea why pochettin0 plays him there but i thought he was fantastic as a third CB back when Spurs played 3 at the back. The whole team played better then & iI Felt like Dier did exactly what Fellaini has been doing this season. I also like to see United have a bunch of homegrown players too.

ZAGREB RED

I think Dier is rubbish as a CM the way he is playing now & have no idea why pochettin0 plays him there but i thought he was fantastic as a third CB back when Spurs played 3 at the back. The whole team played better then & iI Felt like Dier did exactly what Fellaini has been doing this season. I also like to see United have a bunch of homegrown players too.
Didn't Mourinho sign Matic as Spurs wouldn't sell Dier ?

C3Pique

Monaco's recent form:

DLLDLDLL
Monaco's recent sales: Mbappe, Lemar, Mendy, Balde, Bakayoko, Moutinho, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho and the list goes on. He beat PSG to the league title on a fraction of the budget and developed these players to be sold on at a huge surplus. Knocked City out if the CL over 2 legs playing attractive fast counter attacking football.

Give him a transfer budget and a stable team and he would succeed. I also think he would get the best out of the young players we have, Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Dalot, Fred, Rashford would excel under him.

Zidane has an amazing record but wage bill aside our squad doesn't compare to what he inherited at Real.

Aloysius's Back 3

Didn't Mourinho sign Matic as Spurs wouldn't sell Dier ?
Yep i think so - I'd personally go after him play him as the third CB & get rid of both Matic & Fellaini. Whilst Fellaini has been good - I'm just tired of him being used as a plan B when we don't have a plan A. Spurs have been off for a whilst now I kinda just want to use our Money to make them unstable & weaker. I look at the 90 mil we spent for Lukaku; we should have just spent an extra 110 mil on Kane and add 30 mil extra for Dier & significantly weakened them.

It's the type of thing SAF would have done. All just dreams though & it won't happen.

CM

Yep i think so - I'd personally go after him play him as the third CB & get rid of both Matic & Fellaini. Whilst Fellaini has been good - I'm just tired of him being used as a plan B when we don't have a plan A. Spurs have been off for a whilst now I kinda just want to use our Money to make them unstable & weaker. I look at the 90 mil we spent for Lukaku; we should have just spent an extra 110 mil on Kane and add 30 mil extra for Dier & significantly weakened them.

It's the type of thing SAF would have done. All just dreams though & it won't happen.
Or we could step away from playing cloggers and move in a different direction...

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The trick is not to just buy whoever is available at the time. We should appoint the best interim manager we can find, even if it's for two years, knowing that we will have to wait for the person we really want. That's what City did with Pep and it paid off. We should do the same. Nearly every manager comes available over a five year period.

If Zidane would take that kind of deal, then great, but he wouldn't. So find someone who would.

But don't let Ed Woodward just blunder in again like the amateur he too often appears to be.

cj_sparky

I think Dier is rubbish full stop, wherever he plays. If he was good as a third CB he'd play there for England over Kyle Walker. I'd rather sign young De Ligt from Ajax, a player who is already putting in mature performances and still has massive potential to grow.

Aloysius's Back 3

I think Dier is rubbish full stop, wherever he plays. If he was good as a third CB he'd play there for England over Kyle Walker. I'd rather sign young De Ligt from Ajax, a player who is already putting in mature performances and still has massive potential to grow.
Me too

Bailly - Dier - De ligt

That's what iIwant to see - anyway it's besides the point. It was about pochettin0 & how idon't think he is all that great but if he does come he should go after Tottenham to weaken them.

Schmeichel=God

Get Carlos Queiroz back and Meulensteen as well. These 2 know Utd inside out. And then RYan Giggs ,so synonymous with Sir Alex, is surely destined to be the next most successful manager of Utd.
This...

This should be considered. I said this to a few people recently. Aside from his experience and history with us, look at how organised Queiroz had Iran in the WC, missing out on a crazy knockout round achievement by a whisker.

Quieroz until Giggs proves himself more.

Toad

Whilst I agree Jose is on borrowed time, I think it would be dangerous to sack him now after the players pretty much downed tools. We could end up in a Chelsea situation where all the players and agents have the power.

I don't think the club would sack him until the top four is mathematically out of reach,the glazers have got to save that compensation cash.

Anyway, in answer to our options I would honestly cleanse our pallet of galactico managers and get back to our roots. Zidane worked at real, pep at barca, why couldn't carrick get the rest of the season with McKenna assisting him.

But first this god awful marketing united needs to gtfo of our club. It's led to megastar mega bucks signings and a board of directors who care more about how many Facebook followers we have than the turf on our pitch
Carrick may still be learning the ropes of what to actually do in management

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
For right now, we need someone with great man management skills to come in. I'm not sure about Zidane, but I would take him as he's known to be very good with that side of things. 50% of everything to do with playing at the highest level is mental anyway, so we need to address this first.
We also need to add some good coaches to our backroom staff as we are horribly coached. There must be some that are available.

It's pretty tough at the moment to get someone to do an interim job but I guess a last resort could be Wenger? Yes, we won't win anything (maybe FA Cup:D), but at least he can calm things down until we get our shit sorted out.

Do not want Carrick to be the interim. I like him a lot, but he can't turn things around. Plus he's been there since SAF left, and that says to me that whatever influence he has with the players is simply not enough to get a response from them.

McKenna is also a huge risk but it's impossible to know how he would go about doing things as we don't know him....

As I said, it's difficult.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Some interresting options on this thread but players like Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez have massive egos, if they won't play for Jose what makes anyone think they will play for E Howe, Big Sam or Jardim. We probably would all agree that our next manager should be the following;
  • Decent Human Being with good morales and an excellent man motivator that stays away from unecessary media attention
  • Has played the game to a high level
  • Has Managed the game to a high level including Champions league or National experience
  • Has excellent communication skills with his player
  • Can speak multi languages, English, Spainish, Italian, French
  • Invests in Youth and gives them a chance
  • Is Tactically Flexible and can make the hard calls within the game
  • Improves players by excellent Training methods
  • Believes in his own conviction
  • Plays Attacking Football and knows his best formation and best team
  • Has a blueprint for success short term and long term
  • Has won domestic Titles and European Titles
  • Has Brand awareness and can assist the Club in this Field.
  • Is a relative Young Man in Management arena preferably under 50 to allow us to buid a 10 year dynasty
As you can see the wish list is almost impossible to fill but why shouldn't United as one of the biggest clubs in World Football demand the best option!

Pep is quite rightly considered the best Manager in World football right now but the last time I checked he had won 1 less Champions League trophy than Zidane plus Pep has not won that trophy for 8 years! So bar the Speaking English which Zidane is keen to learn he ticks all the above boxes and more importantly will cost the club no compensation Fee. Enough of the Whose Next conversation, there is clearly only 1 candidate currently available and suitable for our Great Club!

ZZ may not be perfect but he will conduct himself in the right way and take the spotlight off of the players instantly!
He should also have a massive todger, able to fold his face eight times, and know how to sing Barbie Girl backwards whilst riding a motorcycle made out of skinned unicorns that he personally shot that morning.

Schmeichel=God

Matic is significantly better though. For a defensive midfielder with height strength and tackling ability his technique on the ball is top level. Can't say the same for Dier.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If he was good as a third CB he'd play there for England over Kyle Walker.
That doesn't even make sense, he can't be the third CB because he's already the starting midfielder. Can't play two positions at one time. If there were any half competent midfielders then for all we know he'd be pushed back to CB.

If Walker was good as a RWB he'd play there over Trippier. Logic.

Canagel

Monaco's recent form:

DLLDLDLL
It doesn't matter. Klopp was close to the relegation zone with Dortmund once and had a terrible season. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach. There's nothing the manager can do when the club keeps selling it's best players. Monaco have been selling players since 2015. I'd rather look at the way Jardim developed the young players and always adapts to the players he has.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
We assumed but didnt really know. As I said Crerand didnt know and he would know before the fans
If Crerand had paid attention he would have known too. Of course as fans we don't know for sure but I was convinced Mourinho would come in.

Long Ball

Carrick may still be learning the ropes of what to actually do in management
Of course, but so was giggs and the club gave it to him on an interim basis. Carrick imop is infinitely more carismatic. Managing a united, barca, real, bayern sized club is a unique challenge and he knows the club inside out and will the club first not his own agenda.

Not saying on a permanent basis just as interim until a proper dof and football strategy is drawn up. We need to wait for the right man, not go "galactico" flavour of the month manager again.

Mcking

It seems Jardim is the one on everyones lips which probably means he will struggle here. Redcafe hardly ever get anything right.