Our Record with Anthony Taylor

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Opp fans moan and bitch about him being baised towards us, and it works as his decision making against us shows! Anyone that says refs are not influenced by external noise is plainly stupid, they're human and fallable and more than likely have the noise in the back of their mind at every major decision.
This very much is the Howard Webb effect. We never got any decisions in our favour after Ryan Babel tweeted a photoshopped image of him in a United kit.

SER19

Update is now 3 wins in 13 with taylor, after beating lower league wigan in cup, and drawing with Liverpool, who got a fairly soft penalty. Similarly soft to the one taylor awarded arsenal only for var to overturn it, and certainly softer than the one he did not given hojlund v arsenal.

In those 13, he's given us 37 yellows and 2 reds. Opponents just 13 yellows!! and no reds. Thats a huge disparity.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Update is now 3 wins in 13 with taylor, after beating lower league wigan in cup, and drawing with Liverpool, who got a fairly soft penalty. Similarly soft to the one taylor awarded arsenal only for var to overturn it, and certainly softer than the one he did not given hojlund v arsenal.

In those 13, he's given us 37 yellows and 2 reds. Opponents just 13 yellows!! and no reds. Thats a huge disparity.
In addition that’s now 12 games where we have had more yellows than the opposition and zero where the opposition has had more than us. Also it’s 3 reds.

SER19

In addition that’s now 12 games where we have had more yellows than the opposition and zero where the opposition has had more than us. Also it’s 3 reds.
yes, he's given us 3 reds overall but since this especially shocking run of 13 games began i think its 2. southampton and liverpool. the third was the martial one versus spurs. I count him as one of the refs that i would not be surprised at all to have an active bias rather than just incompetence.

lex talionis

I have no opinion about prior performances but there was nothing about his performance yesterday that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. There was some moaning about the corner kick decision that led to the goal off the corner kick but surely that's on the referee's assistant, not Taylor himself.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
yes, he's given us 3 reds overall but since this especially shocking run of 13 games began i think its 2. southampton and liverpool. the third was the martial one versus spurs. I count him as one of the refs that i would not be surprised at all to have an active bias rather than just incompetence.
How else can you account for the opposition never having more yellows. We aren’t a dirty team.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
How else can you account for the opposition never having more yellows. We aren’t a dirty team.
We're not a dirty team, but sadly we are a very badly organised team. I would suggest the majority of our yellow cards are from fouling the opposition when they are on a break after we have (yet again) softly given the ball away.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I absolutely cannot stand him and for me he's easily the worst referee in the division. However, I don't think he did much wrong in the Liverpool match. The pen was a stonewaller so don't really understand the moaning. He did try and let the game flow to his credit. Probably the best display I've ever seen in one of our games come to think of it, but the bar is incredibly low.

Northstand

I have no opinion about prior performances but there was nothing about his performance yesterday that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. There was some moaning about the corner kick decision that led to the goal off the corner kick but surely that's on the referee's assistant, not Taylor himself.
I'd agree. And further, he'd have been well within his rights to send off Casemiro for that out-of-control tackle near the end of the game.

Flying high

I'd agree. And further, he'd have been well within his rights to send off Casemiro for that out-of-control tackle near the end of the game.
If it hadn't have been literally the last minute, then I'm quite sure he would have seen a red. Given that the fouled player didn't appear to be injured, I'd say that was a rare case of common sense being used.

I agree that Taylor had a decent game overall.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Looks like he referees a lot of the big games, games that are regarded as big due to our name but nor our ability.

It's no surprise that we'd routinely fail to beat teams that are better than us or as good as us.

Last edited:

I knew we weren't winning that game after he ignored a clear foul on one of our players in the buildup to their first goal. The first 20 minutes he made it clear Liverpool were getting any 50/50 decision and so it came to be. No major decisions where he could be scrutinised in the press but just made sure the margins were against us. If a referee is from Manchester there is going to be bias, either for us or against us.

The most frustrating thing of all is none of our managers post Ferguson have the guts to speak about it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I knew we weren't winning that game after he ignored a clear foul on one of our players in the buildup to their first goal. The first 20 minutes he made it clear Liverpool were getting any 50/50 decision and so it came to be.

The most frustrating thing of all is none of our managers post Ferguson have the guts to speak about it.
Klopps probably played a part in that aswell. Didn’t he say we got a lot of decisions and then after that we didn’t get many. Our managers need to grow a pair and be more like him. He influents the refs.