Our Rival's Squad next year - Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
fecking hell, I fell asleep twice making this thread.

Let's see how dour and depressing a team worth about 500 million pounds can get.

All the players they need to register:

1. Petr Cech
2. Ivanovic
3. Felipe Luis
4. Cesc Fabregas
5. Ramires
6. Oscar
7. Eden Hazard
8. Didier Drobga
9. John Obi Mikel
10. Courtois
11. Loric Remy
12. Diego Costa
13. Matic
14. Will-I-An
15. Juan Cuadardo
16. John Terry
17. Cesar Azipilicueta
18. Tomas Kalas
19. Jamal Blackman
20. Romeu
21. Josh McEachran
22. Patrick Bamford
23. Van Ginkel
24. Victor Moses
25. Marko Marin
26. Mohamed Salah
27. Gael Kakuta
28. Christian Atsu
29. Matej Delac

So it looks like some Chelsea players might have to be loaned out again, as they can only have a 25 man squad.

Notable under 21 players who won't have to be registered.

1. Kurt Zouma
2. Nathan Ake
3. Ruben Loftus Cheek
4. Nathaniel Chalobah

Questions:

1. Will any of their twelve over 21 year old signings come back into the picture at all? Can players like Van Ginkel and Salah ever make it at Cheslea?

2. Recently Chelsea have funded their purchases with big sales, who can they sell this time who is surplus to requirements and could fetch 10 million plus?

3. John Terry was the best defender in the league last year playing every minute and winning the league (the first since Pallister) can he do the same at 34?

4. Mourinho has never done well in his third season at a club, can his relatively small squad reach the heights of this season?

5. What needs improving?

6. Can they win the CL with this squad? Should they be expected to?

Dominos

4. Mourinho has never done well in his third season at a club
Still peddling this?

It's an incredibly small sample size since you're judging purely on his Chelsea and Madrid stints. He won the title and CL with Porto in his 3rd season (2nd full season admittedly). At Chelsea he won the League Cup and FA Cup, finishing 2nd in the league and CL semi finalist. Madrid 2nd in the league, runners up in Copa del rey and CL semi finalist. Any other club he's not had a 3rd season. Hardly a fair conclusion you've come to.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Still peddling this?

It's an incredibly small sample size since you're judging purely on his Chelsea and Madrid stints. He won the title and CL with Porto in his 3rd season (2nd full season admittedly). At Chelsea he won the League Cup and FA Cup, finishing 2nd in the league and CL semi finalist. Madrid 2nd in the league, runners up in Copa del rey and CL semi finalist. Any other club he's not had a 3rd season. Hardly a fair conclusion you've come to.
Yeah. I believe that Mourinho comes into a club, sets everything up first year, nails it second year and in the third year falls out with so many people and runs his players into the ground.

I don't think he'll have a very good year.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
1. No, I can't see either of Salah or Van Ginkel returning to Chelsea this season.

2. I don't think we'll be selling any of our first team players this summer. I would've thought it was possible that we'd sell Oscar for big money and upgrade his position but José seems adamant that he'll stay and expects a "Hazard-like" step up.

3. Yes, I think JT will continue right where he left off and maintain his level for at least one more season.

4. I believe that rather than going after a couple of superstar players like I hoped we would initially we'll instead just make maybe one top class signing and a few very good options to supplement the squad. I can only see us improving next season with our signings from last season settling more.

5. Needs improving: upgrade to the right side of our attack (Griezmann, hopefully) and another very good CM player.

6. With the right signings and luck with fitness to key players I think we can win the CL. Should we be expected to? I don't think anyone other than Barca and Real Madrid should expect to win the CL.

bishblaize

To be honest, going through their squad the only real problem they'll have is keeping everyone motivated. They could do with a replacement for Wilian, who didnt look on the same level as some of their other players. They need to replace Drogba in the squad. They may want another 10 to keep Oscar and Cesc motivated. Backup goalie probably needed too. Other than that though, very little work for them to do, which is rather scary. Big favourites again.

On the Champions League - Barca, Bayern and Real are the three favourites every year and Chelsea are part of a pack of other teams that could win it, but probably won't do.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
1. Loftus-Cheek & Zouma will be in the next season squad, that's a certainty. Salah will be sold, he's impressed in Serie A and will fetch a decent fee. Van Ginkel missed a lot of games through injuries ad even when fit was ignored at AC Milan, but apparently did well in the last few matches so now Inzaghi wants him for another year. Not sure if CFC and the player will agree, given Inzaghi's treatment of the young Dutchman through most of the season. In any case, it's likely another loan, just a question of where.

2. I think we're in a position where we don't really have to sell in order to buy, unless it's some outrageous deal, like Bale or Pogba. Potentially, we could sell Oscar or Ramires, or both provided we're getting better players in their place. Filipe Luis never settled so he's probably leaving, and supposedly Atletico wants him back, which could work in our favor in our interest in Griezmann or Koke.

3. Time will tell. Terry was never blessed with great speed so he relies on other things to keep in top form.

4. It think the squad will get bigger and better.

5. If we talk about squad improvement, we'll probably need another full back or two, a centre back and a striker.

6. With the current squad - I doubt it. We need at least a couple more top class signings to take us to the next level, where the likes of Barca, Real and Bayern are.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
To be honest, going through their squad the only real problem they'll have is keeping everyone motivated. They could do with a replacement for Wilian, who didnt look on the same level as some of their other players. They need to replace Drogba in the squad. They may want another 10 to keep Oscar and Cesc motivated. Backup goalie probably needed too. Other than that though, very little work for them to do, which is rather scary. Big favourites again.

On the Champions League - Barca, Bayern and Real are the three favourites every year and Chelsea are part of a pack of other teams that could win it, but probably won't do.
Willian was one of our best players in the second half of the season. He's an instrumental player for us.

bishblaize

Willian was one of our best players in the second half of the season. He's an instrumental player for us.
Hard worker which makes him a Mou favourite, but he's clearly lacking the class you see from Hazard on the other side. If you do want to go gunning for the CL, then he's an obvious spot that can be upgraded.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Hard worker which makes him a Mou favourite, but he's clearly lacking the class you see from Hazard on the other side. If you do want to go gunning for the CL, then he's an obvious spot that can be upgraded.
Yeah, the only thing he needs to add is end product. On the Chelsea forum I'm on most of us want to move Willian into the #10 position where he can be more of a playmaker rather than out wide. Then we buy a more prolific player for the right side.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah. I believe that Mourinho comes into a club, sets everything up first year, nails it second year and in the third year falls out with so many people and runs his players into the ground.

Why do figure that?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Why do figure that?
fecking hell Orc, you spent two years pretending to be a Man United fan, now you're planning on roleplaying as an actual orc?

I'll try and answer using similar language

Twigg no like Mourinho. Twigg figure Mourinho bad.

AshfordLad

Questions:

1. Will any of their twelve over 21 year old signings come back into the picture at all? Can players like Van Ginkel and Salah ever make it at Cheslea?

2. Recently Chelsea have funded their purchases with big sales, who can they sell this time who is surplus to requirements and could fetch 10 million plus?

3. John Terry was the best defender in the league last year playing every minute and winning the league (the first since Pallister) can he do the same at 34?

4. Mourinho has never done well in his third season at a club, can his relatively small squad reach the heights of this season?

5. What needs improving?

Drogba is already gone and I think Cech, Ramires, Mikel and possibly Luis are heading out as well. In terms of replacements it is likely that Chelsea find another Veteran striker who would take one spot so they will still have atleast three spots open for new arrivals.

Regarding your questions

1) I think only external signings that could make it at Chelsea are Traore (Vitesse) and Pasalic (Elche), club trained loanees such as Baker and Bamford have a much better shot i think. Its very unlikely that VanGinkel or Salah make it at Chelsea.

2) Cech, Ramires, Moses, Felipe Luis and possibly Kalas and Omerou could go for around the £10m mark. Oscar could go for a lot of money (although dont think that is going to happen). But saft to say that player sales will raise atleast £50m this window as well.

3) JT will have to accept a reduced role next season, he is come back and proven critics wrong now its time to do the sensible thing and ease out of the role.

4) The squad will be bigger and better next year, this season it was smaller due to lack of depth. Expect them to Buy one CM, a CB and a FW atleast.

5) Improve on mikel and ramires, back up for oscar, replace Drogba with a better striker. If possible get a pacy CB.

6) With current squad, no. With 2-3 new players, yes.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Drogba is already gone and I think Cech, Ramires, Mikel and possibly Luis are heading out as well. In terms of replacements it is likely that Chelsea find another Veteran striker who would take one spot so they will still have atleast three spots open for new arrivals.

Regarding your questions

1) I think only external signings that could make it at Chelsea are Traore (Vitesse) and Pasalic (Elche), club trained loanees such as Baker and Bamford have a much better shot i think. Its very unlikely that VanGinkel or Salah make it at Chelsea.

2) Cech, Ramires, Moses, Felipe Luis and possibly Kalas and Omerou could go for around the £10m mark. Oscar could go for a lot of money (although dont think that is going to happen). But saft to say that player sales will raise atleast £50m this window as well.

3) JT will have to accept a reduced role next season, he is come back and proven critics wrong now its time to do the sensible thing and ease out of the role.

4) The squad will be bigger and better next year, this season it was smaller due to lack of depth. Expect them to Buy one CM, a CB and a FW atleast.

5) Improve on mikel and ramires, back up for oscar, replace Drogba with a better striker. If possible get a pacy CB.

6) With current squad, no. With 2-3 new players, yes.

Fifty million in sales! Without Oscar, I'd be very surprised at that.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I'd expect Cech, Luis, Mikel to go, and possibly Ramires. Remy might go, Salah definitely as Fiorentina have a to-buy option and he's done great for them. Moses, Marin, Katuka and Romeu are probably gone, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Josh finally left too.

Twigginator said:

5. What needs improving?

1. Van Ginkel could, he's an exceptional talent but his injury was a really bad one. Probably needs another year on loan, but we'll see how his pre-season goes I suppose. Salah is gone.

2. We don't need big sales, we will probably have some mid range ones, plus the money from other activities. I'd expect us to comfortably be able to make buys totally around the 100m range.

3. It's going to get harder of course, and I'd expect this summer to be the time when we finally bring in his long term replacement. Jose wants Varane badly apparently.

4. Yes.

5. New CB (someone young with huge potential who can take over from Terry over the next season or two), CM (I'm expecting a big buy here in the Pogba range), RM (too early to write Cuadrado off, but we're still one player short in AM regardless) and striker (Drogba leaving and worries over the fitness of both Costa and Remy).

6. With the current squad, no. With next years squad, yes I think we'll compete.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
fecking hell Orc, you spent two years pretending to be a Man United fan, now you're planning on roleplaying as an actual orc?

I'll try and answer using similar language

Twigg no like Mourinho. Twigg figure Mourinho bad.
:lol:

As for Ramires, I'd be shocked if we sold him. A José favorite.

AshfordLad

£15m for Salah is almost a done thing. Cech, Ramires and Moses could go for £10m each and Mikel for maybe £5m. Gets you £50m

£50m is a conservative estimate as there will surely be other players who have out lived their loanee life such as Piazon, Atsu, Romeu, Omerou, Kalas, Wallace and more. These are players who have had solid loan seasons and do not have a chance of ever playing for Chelsea.

AshfordLad

:lol:

As for Ramires, I'd be shocked if we sold him. A José favorite.
Very likely to be sold. With his contribution being next to nothing over the last two seasons. Especially with the likes of Khedira and possibly Schweinsteiger available this summer.

I dont see any reason why Chelsea cant upgrade ramires this season with Pogba or any one of Khedira, Schweinsteiger or Schneiderlin if Pogba thing doesnt work.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
[QUOTE="Twigginater]

[/QUOTE]

Cech, Salah and maybe Luis will probably be off. All for more than 10 Mil.

Romeu, Van Ginkel, Piazon, Mikel and a few others might be off for a fair chunk of dosh in total.

I can't imagine any huge outgoing transfers unless Psg have another brain fart and give us 80 million for Cuadrardo.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Very likely to be sold. With his contribution being next to nothing over the last two seasons. Especially with the likes of Khedira and possibly Schweinsteiger available this summer.

I dont see any reason why Chelsea cant upgrade ramires this season with Pogba or any one of Khedira, Schweinsteiger or Schneiderlin if Pogba thing doesnt work.
Mikel, maybe. Ramires is a valuable squad member who can fill in at multiple positions. José uses him often in the big games.

Trust me, I hope we do bring in another top midfielder but I'm not holding out hope.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't want to sign anyone at all apart from a replacement backup goalie.
We do that and I doubt we retain our title.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I have faith in our squad and also in the shiteness of our "rivals".

City need to replace a shitload of players and United will probably spunk another £150 million but it won't be enough.
Our current squad may suffice in the PL if everyone remained fit but we'd struggle against good opposition in Europe.

Stadjer

They sold David Luiz for a huge amount of money... they are actually quite good at selling their players. Also Lukaku, de Bruyne and Schurlle come to mind as sales with a (very) good profit.

AshfordLad

Wow, that is some faith.
He also wanted Remy and Drogba injured before the United and arsenal games last year, so Solanke could come in win those games for us. :lol:

Who is to say that only dippers are deluded.

Glanville95

5. What needs improving?

1: As is often the case with Chelsea, the youngsters often find themselves alienated from the first team picture and with nurturing talent like Izzy Brown and Ruben Loftus-Cheek likely to take priority, my guess is no.

2: I see Oscar as the main candidate in being a high-profile departure this summer. He didn't feature very often towards the end of the season and Chelsea have been continually linked with Pogba and Koke that makes him become the most vulnerable big midfielder at the club IMO.

3: I don't see why not. Chelsea's set-up benefits him greatly with Matic sitting and Jose as manager and even though I think a marquee centre back will be brought in while he is at the club, he is still the leader and the best centre back, so I can't see his position really being under threat from next season anyway.

4: Well yes of course. It's not as if they've set the bar astronomically high in terms of trophies. A Mourinho side will inevitably become a force in Europe and they will still go into next season as firm favourites for the league.

5: If Cech leaves - which looks the case - they will definitely need a decent back-up keeper. Added depth in midfield is probably needed, especially if Fabregas end up further advanced and they are left with just Matic, Mikel, Ramires and Loftus-Cheek vying for midfield places. The natural successor to JT will be needed, but perhaps they could hold off the year. Probably the main area of concern however is a new forward with Drogba leaving and Costa and Remy's persistent injury problems. A versatile and pacy forward who can play upfront and in a wide position would be ideal, such as Dybala or Greizmann.

6: They probably lack a little bit of star quality to go all the way, as they've sometimes had to depend on Hazard's magic. If they could bring in Griezmann and Pogba that could seriously elevate them to main contenders for the CL. I don't think they are that far off.

Last edited:

manutddjw

I don't see them being big players in the transfer market. They'll sell some players and replace them with Loic Remy types: decent players but not ones who will be signed to go straight into the first team. I don't expect them to add a Bale or Pogba caliber player.

They got a complete squad right now and the one area they'll need to address is Terry's spot and they have Zouma waiting in the wings who'll probably feature quite a bit for them this season.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
fecking hell, I fell asleep twice making this thread.

Let's see how dour and depressing a team worth about 500 million pounds can get.

All the players they need to register:

1. Petr Cech
2. Ivanovic
3. Felipe Luis
4. Cesc Fabregas
5. Ramires
6. Oscar
7. Eden Hazard
8. Didier Drobga
9. John Obi Mikel
10. Courtois
11. Loric Remy
12. Diego Costa
13. Matic
14. Will-I-An
15. Juan Cuadardo
16. John Terry
17. Cesar Azipilicueta
18. Tomas Kalas
19. Jamal Blackman
20. Romeu
21. Josh McEachran
22. Patrick Bamford
23. Van Ginkel
24. Victor Moses
25. Marko Marin
26. Mohamed Salah
27. Gael Kakuta
28. Christian Atsu
29. Matej Delac

So it looks like some Chelsea players might have to be loaned out again, as they can only have a 25 man squad.

Notable under 21 players who won't have to be registered.

1. Kurt Zouma
2. Nathan Ake
3. Ruben Loftus Cheek
4. Nathaniel Chalobah

Questions:

Probably not

Ramires, Salah, Cech, Luis would all get over 10 million each.

Probably

Yes, it wasnt an amazingly high ceiling.

5. What needs improving?

Defence and wing

No and No.

AllezLesDiables

Not enough. The second half form of the team was uninspired and you can't have chief rivals spending 150 million pounds and expect them to suck.

Chelsea needs 1-2 strikers, 1 starting AM/RW, 2 squad+ CMs, a backup GK

If Chelsea wants to have a shot at winning the CL they will need two top tier additions plus additional depth.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Not enough. The second half form of the team was uninspired and you can't have chief rivals spending 150 million pounds and expect them to suck.

Chelsea needs 1-2 strikers, 1 starting AM/RW, 2 squad+ CMs, a backup GK

If Chelsea wants to have a shot at winning the CL they will need two top tier additions plus additional depth.
Have to agree with this.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
We need a bit more. Our defence was suspect at times and we were running on empty by March.

I think we had a strange season actually.

How much improved were we this season over last? The idea is that we were massively improved but we only gained 5 more points, and we would have won the league last season had our rivals been this poor.

In some ways I was less impressed this season than last, given our resources last season and some of the result this campaign. We had an impressive defensive and attacking run between Jan and March last season including some huge results, I never actually felt like that much this term, besides in the early games.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I expect they'll bringing in at least bodies in the central-midfield and striking positions, with a focus on hard-working and defensive qualities in the former, and likely in the latter position as well, though they'd obviously need to be careful not to end-up back in the situation they were in where toothless strikers were their major weakness. Oh, and they'll of course sign some random attackers that'll struggle to get in the starting XI, naturally :)

I rate them as the obvious favourites for the title, in much the same way as this season - early season attacking giving way to a more negative and defensive mindset, with Jose spitting his dummy-out whenever he feels the need to deflect from issues within his team.

As long as Jose keeps Roman happy (who is of course the only one who matters in regard to Chelsea) then I don't see why Jose would change anything, unless Roman suddenly starts dreaming about attractive football again.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
£15m for Salah is almost a done thing. Cech, Ramires and Moses could go for £10m each and Mikel for maybe £5m. Gets you £50m

£50m is a conservative estimate as there will surely be other players who have out lived their loanee life such as Piazon, Atsu, Romeu, Omerou, Kalas, Wallace and more. These are players who have had solid loan seasons and do not have a chance of ever playing for Chelsea.
Ramires for £10m? Hope you're kidding, he'll go for 20-25 easily. Moses won't fetch 10, more like 5-6.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea

Not true. Usually he nails it for 2 years running, This one coming being his second. We may dominate domestically for a bit because our rivals are so average. Before he had to compete with SAF, he doesnt have a manager close to himself or SAF to face now, and with weaker teams too.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
1. No, I can't see either of Salah or Van Ginkel returning to Chelsea this season.

2. I don't think we'll be selling any of our first team players this summer. I would've thought it was possible that we'd sell Oscar for big money and upgrade his position but José seems adamant that he'll stay and expects a "Hazard-like" step up.
Wait what? Are you a Chelsea fan?

NoPace

I think Mourinho knows they were a mile away from winning the CL and he'll be as ruthless as last summer in the transfer market. I see it like this:

------------Costa--------- (Remy, Bamford)
Hazard---------------RWF (Willian, Cuadrado)
---------CM----Cesc------ (Oscar, Ramires, Loftus-Cheek)
------------Matic--------- (Mikel)
Azpilicueta------Ivanovic (F.Luis)
------Terry----Cahill----- (Zouma, Kalas)
---------Courtois-------- (GK)

and then it wouldn't surprise me if:
-They add a CB.
-Felipe Luis leaves with a different LB coming in.
-They add a cheap 3rd striker who is physically stronger than Bamford.
-One of Ramires or Mikel goes.

But they have a decent amount to sell in Cech and the dead winger graveyard that is Moses, Marin, Atsu and Salah.

Also, if Mourinho does believe in Cuadrado, maybe the winger purchase is less of an established star and instead another exciting young player.

But yeah, the big purchase basically has to be a CM.

RooneyLegend

Chelsea is an interesting one. The best of a mediocre bunch, something PSG were more than happy to expose In the CL.

1 Can't see it happening. I think they should keep saha but I don't think mou sees it that way. Van Ginkel just isn't a mou type midfielder, doesn't have the defensive game to play in a mou system and he's had a lot of injury troubles.

2 Saha has a 18 mil euro clause I think. Expect Fiorentina to activate it. Don't think he'll be selling any of the players that get plenty of game time, maybe Oscar?

3 Don't see why not. Doubt chelsea are going in the market for a defender and I doubt mou is going to adjust his tactics all that much.

4 Reaching the heights of this season shouldn't be all that difficult. The other big prem clubs certainly seem intent on repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

5 They need a wide threat that's for sure. Their fullbacks don't give them enough going forward apart from the odd Ivanovic goal. One the right had side they don't have a threat at all. Essentially they need to improve offensively. Their midfield also needs a touch up, Cesc is a defensive liability hence he'll probably be moved further forward in the new season, expect them to have someone else next to matic in the new season. Also Cahill isn't off the standard of CB that they need to seriously threaten the best teams in the game.

6 Not with this squad they can't. They need to beef it up. They need a secondary goal threat. They need a more robust midfield, and fullbacks that do more than defending. This team is far from Mou's first Chelsea team and he needs to address those issues before he can confidently stroll into europe expecting to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.