Our Rivals Squad's next year - Liverpool 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Was solid against Stoke. Looked like old-Lovren from what I saw against Bournemouth though. I'd say the jury is still out this season.
Jury came back. Convicted Lovren of being mediocre. The Lyon members all voted to hang.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Would you play Lucas against Arsenal? For me, it is something Rodgers has to consider against the better teams. Your defence needs better protection than what Milner/Henderson can give it.
I am afraid he will play those two again to prove a point. Starting to feck me off how his selections have taken on the smell of ulterior motives rather than the best team for the game.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Does anyone know how serious the Henderson injury is? If he is out then I can see Arsenal scoring a few. Can and Milner will get overrun badly. Tbf Henderson and Milner would too - but it'll be worse without Henderson in there.
My lad saw him limping around The Trafford Centre yesterday. Said he spoke to him & he claims it's unlikely he'll be ready for Monday.

I'd like to see Emre Can given a go at The Emirates. People moaned about him being wasted at right back last season. But with the aging Steven Gerrard now gone, we need a dynamic presence in the middle of the park, so maybe it's time for Can to show what he's made of.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Would you play Lucas against Arsenal? For me, it is something Rodgers has to consider against the better teams. Your defence needs better protection than what Milner/Henderson can give it.
Undoubtedly. Don't need Lucas for many matches but this one definitely.

VanGaalEra

Hope Liverpool have the Henderson/Milner CM pairing for when they come to Old Trafford.

So, I hope they don't get shafted too badly at the Emirates coming Monday.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
May be you'll get Illaramendi in time to start the game. How are the negotiations for him coming along? Any news?

STE586

They'll do better than they did last season. Which means we need to also.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
We've conceded three shots on target in two games so far. If anything, we're lacking a play maker from deep, not protection for our defence. But in any case, you cannot judge Henderson and Milner only two games into their partnership.

Monday will be a tight affair I think, although if Henderson is indeed out it's a big blow.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sakho been offered a five year contract, apparently. Surprising, I thought he was on his way.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
We'd be mad to sell Sakho as he's our best defender.

Anyway, I'm starting to get really bored of this transfer window. Happy with the business we've done so far, but I'm just hoping there's more to come...

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We'd be mad to sell Sakho as he's our best defender.

Anyway, I'm starting to get really bored of this transfer window. Happy with the business we've done so far, but I'm just hoping there's more to come...
Are you still going for Illaramendi or has it died down?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Are you still going for Illaramendi or has it died down?
We're being stubborn on the price and I don't think we'll get it done. Most recent rumours I've read hint at him going to Juve, and honestly, I don't blame him.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We're being stubborn on the price and I don't think we'll get it done. Most recent rumours I've read hint at him going to Juve, and honestly, I don't blame him.
They probably need a defensive midfielder too, so it could be true. What do you think needs to be strenghtened in the side, as i see it a DM is most important and maybe a new LB since Moreno has been a bit shit defensively?

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho XXXX
XXXX
Henderson Milner
Firmino Coutinho
Benteke​

That's a pretty good side, and capable of competing with the top 4.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
We signed Gomez as a CB but he's played the first two games at LB, and he's not really looked out of place at all so far.

A CDM is target #1 though without doubt. That and clearing our ranks of the dross we've built up over the past few years.

Rafateria

They probably need a defensive midfielder too, so it could be true. What do you think needs to be strenghtened in the side, as i see it a DM is most important and maybe a new LB since Moreno has been a bit shit defensively?

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho XXXX
XXXX
Henderson Milner
Firmino Coutinho
Benteke​

Gomez has been a revelation at LB (although long term he'll be a CB) and his understanding of his defensive positioning and duties, even for one as young as 18 y.o., has been a major factor in the strengthening of our defence, that and Clyne who's been our best player from the first two games, at RB. I'm more than happy to see Gomez continue at LB, he won't be infallible, and maybe some top strikers/wingers will school him, but that's not a bad thing either as far as long term education goes.
Would love to see us bring in a more defensive minded MFer, Schneiderlin would have been perfect for us but I'll take anyone decent at this stage of the transfer season ... I just fear BR doesn't have that in mind and over the course of the season will be happy with Allen/Can in that position.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Its gone quietly unnoticed but Clyne has been my MOTM for both games this season. The difference in our full back stability from last season and this is jaw dropping for a Liverpool fan (or for me at least). Nothing special attacking wise from them yet but you can feel it bubbling as team confidence grows. Benteke really should have put away that open goal Clyne set him up with.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
We've conceded three shots on target in two games so far. If anything, we're lacking a play maker from deep, not protection for our defence. But in any case, you cannot judge Henderson and Milner only two games into their partnership.

Monday will be a tight affair I think, although if Henderson is indeed out it's a big blow.
You've played bloody Stoke and Bournemouth, I think Arsenal might provide something more of an attacking threat.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
And you've have 3 shots on target, 1 goal and 1 OG vs. Spurs and bloody Villa. What's your point ?
Saying the defensive cover provided by Milner and Henderson will be adequate when playing Arsenal based on games against Bournemouth and Stoke is daft. Likewise, it'd be daft to say that United's current defense will be fine against Chelsea or City because they didn't concede against Villa and Spurs.

Rafateria

Saying the defensive cover provided by Milner and Henderson will be adequate when playing Arsenal based on games against Bournemouth and Stoke is daft. Likewise, it'd be daft to say that United's current defense will be fine against Chelsea or City because they didn't concede against Villa and Spurs.
Well to be honest we don't know how it's going to pan out in any of those scenarios, maybe we will be just fine vs. Arsenal, maybe not, likewise United's defence my handle Chelsea or City well. You can't state definitives based on a negative (i.e. because we only conceded 3 shots on target and zero goals vs. inferior opposition we will automatically concede more vs. Arsenal).

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Well to be honest we don't know how it's going to pan out in any of those scenarios, maybe we will be just fine vs. Arsenal, maybe not, likewise United's defence my handle Chelsea or City well. You can't state definitives based on a negative (i.e. because we only conceded 3 shots on target and zero goals vs. inferior opposition we will automatically concede more vs. Arsenal).
No, but it's much more likely that you will. Which is precisely my point.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
You've played bloody Stoke and Bournemouth, I think Arsenal might provide something more of an attacking threat.
They will. But that's not the point. Point is there's no thus far no reason to suggest Henderson and Milner have been anything but good for the side in a defensive sense.

NoPace

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho XXXX
XXXX
Henderson Milner
Firmino Coutinho
Benteke​

Agreed, although I think Mignolet needs to be replaced as well if they're serious about being in the top tier and not hanging out with Spurs outside.

A proper LB who can both defend and get forward a bit and a DM who can pass and mark a bit would completely transform them, and those positions aren't always the most expensive.

Milner is a mediocre CM but clever at finding pockets of space out wide and in that role he could do so. Could always drop Coutinho into a CM role and get another attacker (Sturridge, Lallana or Ibe) in home games against dross, as well.

Rafateria

He should have stopped after "The linesman made an excellent decision". We'd all then have a good laugh at his good sense of humour.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Can't remember the last time such a big deal was made over an offside call, but then again, I guess it was to be expected with this new (and crap) system in play.

Kag

They're defending a lot better. A lot of that to do with having full backs that look like they can track a man.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They're defending a lot better. A lot of that to do with having full backs that look like they can track a man.
Meh, any other team would have scored against Liverpool today IMO. Arsenal doing their typical tiki-taka without end product again.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Fair play @Rafateria , Gomez looked solid tonight against quality opposition. Didn't look out of place at all, so yeah, happy :) Clyne was also solid. This is the happiest I've been with our fullbacks for quite some time now.

Happy with the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.