Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

Member 114837

When he's on like that, there's nothing any defender can do. Being two-footed and that quick and agile like that is simply unfair. I say miss every training sessions if you're going to deliver like that. :lol:
That was one heck of a goal. I am not going to go into any comparsion, but if Mbappe is the new Messi, Dembele seems to be new Ronaldinho. Immensely talented, but his laid-back attitude may cost him in the long run, may be a case of not completely fulfilled potential.

the_irish123

That was one heck of a goal. I am not going to go into any comparsion, but if Mbappe is the new Messi, Dembele seems to be new Ronaldinho. Immensely talented, but his laid-back attitude may cost him in the long run, may be a case of not completely fulfilled potential.
Mbappe isn't close to Messi, Ousmane isn't close to Ronaldinho.

Member 114837

Mbappe isn't close to Messi, Ousmane isn't close to Ronaldinho.
I already mentioned I am not going to compare. I just mentioned Messi and Ronaldinho's name to highlight and segregate my perception of the these two young players.

Patrick08

Great goal, but his coach would be angry with him for not passing the ball, to free teammate.

Andersons Dietician

Jesus, that goal, the pace and composure at the end. If there is any truth to the rumours that Barca are unhappy with him and willing to sell pay whatever, just get him to OT although I’m guessing most of what we’ve read is probably garabage and if I’m not mistaken recently he’s saved Barca a few times, so I just can’t see why they would sell.

Trizy

Still my dream signing. Was laughable to think Barcelona were gonna sell him really.

RedStarUnited

Jesus, that goal, the pace and composure at the end. If there is any truth to the rumours that Barca are unhappy with him and willing to sell pay whatever, just get him to OT although I’m guessing most of what we’ve read is probably garabage and if I’m not mistaken recently he’s saved Barca a few times, so I just can’t see why they would sell.
His issues are off the pitch not on it. He turns up late to training or sometime doesnt show up at all. He scored a great goal on the weekend too then over slept for training the next day.

Its a real waste of talent if he doesnt kick on.

Eric's Seagull

Read somewhere that Barcelona will not let him leave until some meets his release clause which is reportedly £362m.

If this is true, I am not sure if this is indication that they want to keep him or if they are letting people know not to come in with what they would consider a derisory offer.

el3mel

Thought it was always baffling how can anyone doubt his talent. His personal issues off the field are manageable, but he's a top player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Brilliant talent. Started slow at Barca - at both fitting in to their philosophy and he was hampered by a couple of big injuries iirc.

Then he had/has a bit of “off field” issues this season but which has resulted in the rumors of them wanting rid. But he’s started getting more minutes and having more of an impact of late - you can see his confidence increasing with every match.

Doubt if he continues this form - and improves his off field attitude, they’d sell at any price (release clause aside). Not many other options to replace him with either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sensational goal. Sprinting 60/70 yards then finishing like that.

BaseFishing

Phenomenal goal!

Not many players in the world can do that, and I'm not just talking about the pace. And he's just 21.

If this kid doesn't win a Ballon D'or in the next 10 years (and doesn't have any long term injuries of course) then it will be solely down to his mentality. Cause the natural talent is 110% there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People talk about his mentality but as far as I know the only particularity is that he is childish, it was mentioned when he was 18-19 years old. He doesn't have a bad/negative attitude, he is just a kid. Clearly he needs an authority figure around him on a daily basis which apparently hasn't been the case since he left France. Without kidding, if his mother can't live with him then he needs an actual nanny.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Great goal, but his coach would be angry with him for not passing the ball, to free teammate.
The free teammate was Arthur and it's likely he wouldn't have gotten a goal out of it as he's not quite as fast as Dembele. I think his coach is only angry about the tardiness, not about a wonder goal.

People talk about his mentality but as far as I know the only particularity is that he is childish, it was mentioned when he was 18-19 years old. He doesn't have a bad/negative attitude, he is just a kid. Clearly he needs an authority figure around him on a daily basis which apparently hasn't been the case since he left France. Without kidding, if his mother can't leave with him then he needs an actual nanny.
That's exactly what it is. Even his entourage is not a bunch of bad kids from the ghetto as some have tried to portray, but just friends he hangs out and plays playstation with. He's a fun guy to have around and everyone seems to enjoy his company in the French NT. His issues at Barca is his lack of integration because of the language barrier and the fact that he's missing or tardy to training. I think everyone at Barcelona recognizes he's an amazing talent, and some are taking it personally to help him be more responsible and feel more a part of the team (players like Vidal).

The problem is, you keep being late or missing, it's eventually going to wear on the team and he's gonna go back to being ostracized much like he was around the time the Rayo game happened. When you score an important goal that saves your team from losing 3 points and not one of your teammates come to celebrate with you, that's a big problem. Fortunately, they moved past that but it won't take much to get back to it and worse.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think everyone at Barcelona recognizes he's an amazing talent, and some are taking it personally to help him be more responsible and feel more a part of the team (players like Vidal).
That explains a lot :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The issue with dembele missing training is that he legit has an issue playing Mario kart till 5 am and has trouble getting up early enough for training. Bizarre as it’s not like training is everyday but hopefully he can work in his discipline.

But as dembele himself says “I may not always be on time for training, but I’m always on time to save the team”

And he’s god damn right.

Elite Intelligence

Supports
Arsenal
The issue with dembele missing training is that he legit has an issue playing Mario kart till 5 am and has trouble getting up early enough for training. Bizarre as it’s not like training is everyday but hopefully he can work in his discipline.

But as dembele himself says “I may not always be on time for training, but I’m always on time to save the team”

And he’s god damn right.
Mario Kart is his game of choice, loll. Dembele is a Nintendo fanboy

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Love how he's shut down all the noise about not being good enough for Barcelona. Little by little, he looks and plays more and more in the Barcelona system. He's still very raw, but he also brings something Barcelona sorely need on the counter-attack.

Jib

Dembele is twice the player Mbappé is.
Genius.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If Barcelona played on the counter more often he'd look twice as good as he does now. He's thriving in spite of their style of play and the circumstances he's in, that's the sign of a special talent.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's doing great regardless of the system right now, and he's fitting in far better. Always knew he would eventually show how special of a player he is, people were so quick to dismiss him for his first injury-riddled season.

Marshal

He is learning to assist and play with the team, he is much more confident and makes less mistakes. He is really unpredictable with his skilled 2 legs and amazing speed. The only thing to improve is that he still loses stupid balls in the midfield and feels very uncomfortable when playing on the left side to give space to Messi and Suarez, but in any case, he is already worth the 150 million in my opinion.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Imagine Mbappe and Dembele in the same team.. (Not France NT)

RedCurry

What a player. When he’s on form, he’s the most watchable young player in the world probably.

marktan

Him, Mbappe and Sancho I think will be the standout talents of the next generations. Just a shame that we have none of them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Him, Mbappe and Sancho I think will be the standout talents of the next generations. Just a shame that we have none of them.
We are lucky to have Rashford and Martial, who is their closest competitors individually. If we could complete the trio with one of them boys though:drool: Dembele preferably to replace Lingard on the right

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

This guy played with M'bappé (Monaco) and Dembélé (France youth) and thinks Dembélé was more talented.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

This guy played with M'bappé (Monaco) and Dembélé (France youth) and thinks Dembélé was more talented.
Well if this guy said it who are the rest of the world to disagree

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Have a gut feeling we'll end up buying Sancho. He's lived in Manchester a long time before going to Dortmund, he's really good mates with Rashford n Gomes apparently and we're really crying out for someone like him. I think we'll end up offering Dortmund and him more money than they can refuse.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Have a gut feeling we'll end up buying Sancho. He's lived in Manchester a long time before going to Dortmund, he's really good mates with Rashford n Gomes apparently and we're really crying out for someone like him. I think we'll end up offering Dortmund and him more money than they can refuse.
That would be a hell of a move, and still probably the most realistic options out of Sancho, Mbappe, or Dembele who I can't see Barcelona letting go unless his professionalism went back in the negative to a breaking point.

The TV interview was funny because the interviewers couldn't believe in what he was saying :lol:
I just don't see what's so shocking about it for the interviewers. Precocity doesn't equate greater talent. I think Mbappe is a prodigy, but I believe Dembele is more talented. It doesn't mean anything about their future though.