Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingshe7don

Everyone on the Cafe is aware how talented Ousmane Dembele is and I would trade Dembele for Martial in a heartbeat. Here's the URL linking him to United. What do you guys think? The figure been thrown around is 50M for a 19 year old with a very high ceiling when it comes to potential. If we are interested in him, does he have what it takes to excel under Mourinho's tutelage?

Would it be worth a try to throw in Martial to sweeten the deal with Dortmund?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/17/jose-...usmane-dembele-from-borussia-dormund-6580635/

Hojoon

Metro comes up with stories up their asses. I'm sure we've been looking at him along with other big clubs in the past 2-3 years because he's been ripping teams apart since youth levels (Mbappe's the same), but getting him is another story.

Pscholes18

This means nothing...every day we are linked to a new player and it all it just bollocks. Besides watching that vid just reinforces that if he came, he would be wasted....look how they play....certainly a far cry from what we do week in week out.

beingshe7don

Metro comes up with stories up their asses. I'm sure we've been looking at him along with other big clubs in the past 2-3 years because he's been ripping teams apart since youth levels (Mbappe's the same), but getting him is another story.
I agree with you that Metro could have just come up with it. However when the whole world is going goo goo gaa gaa over Mbappe, maybe we can sneak Dembele since he's exceptional. I mean he's got the same talent ceiling as Ronaldo.

Hanky panky

Goes to Bayern in summer 2018 for something like 40 million euros. ;)

Red_toad

This means nothing...every day we are linked to a new player and it all it just bollocks. Besides watching that vid just reinforces that if he came, he would be wasted....look how they play....certainly a far cry from what we do week in week out.
Yeah let's not sign anyone as we'll turn them gash :smirk:

SATA

I've not seen him much but he's incredibly frustrating from that clip. Let's just fix Martial first before buying another one like that again

Womp

idiot
I've not seen him much but he's incredibly frustrating from that clip. Let's just fix Martial first before buying another one like that again
He's a completely different player to Martial, also more talented.

Hojoon

I agree with you that Metro could have just come up with it. However when the whole world is going goo goo gaa gaa over Mbappe, maybe we can sneak Dembele since he's exceptional. I mean he's got the same talent ceiling as Ronaldo.
Mbappe's stolen the media spotlight but Dortmund probably aren't stupid and rate him highly, along with several clubs. I rate Dembele highly and I think he's got it in him to be a top 3 player in the world, maybe even the best depending on circumstances but Ronaldo (assuming the Portuguese) is a top 15 player ever. I don't see Dembele reaching that level and that's not even a criticism.

Hanky panky

Ronaldo (assuming the Portuguese) is a top 15 player ever. I don't see Dembele reaching that level and that's not even a criticism.
I don't see Dembele reaching Ronaldo's level either but i rate Ronaldo top5 ever. Messi could be the best ever and Ronaldo is not far from Messi's level. Can't see anybody reaching their level (that 50 league goals level) anytime soon. Maybe somebody can do it again inside next 20 years, maybe.

beingshe7don

I don't see Dembele reaching Ronaldo's level either but i rate Ronaldo top5 ever. Messi could be the best ever and Ronaldo is not far from Messi's level. Can't see anybody reaching their level (that 50 league goals level) anytime soon. Maybe somebody can do it again inside next 20 years, maybe.
No one expected Ronaldo to score 50 goals in a season or become the goal machine that he is today. He struggled to score goals when he first came to United. There was a lot of dribbling with no end product but we believed in him. Dembele similarly has that same talent and he exhibits similar qualities as a 19 year old Ronaldo. I think the talent is the same but it's the work ethic that to reach Ronaldo's level is something that is up for question.

beingshe7don

This. Looks just like Martial last year.
I beg to differ. Martial was never this good especially with both feet. This season we've season Martial lose his mojo to actually take on his man with his pace and trickery. His off the ball game does not exist unlike Dembele who I believe is a lot more intelligent in that aspect. Dembele's through balls are a lot better than Martial's

3KDré

Fantastic source.

On a serious note, I don't see him leaving Dortmund for a few years. He knows he's got weaknesses in his game that he needs to iron out and I think he will be at Dortmund for at least another season, probably more. When he does leave it will be for a HUGE fee.

Moonred

Gives away the ball frequently but absolute magical dribbling ability. Best in that sense. Doubt he is moving anywhere this year though.

Last edited:

AgentP

We are not going to sign Dembele or Mbappe. We will buy established players who will instantly raise the level of our team.

Mainoldo

He's a completely different player to Martial, also more talented.
He's not more talented just different. Having watched him live as well, he is just as frustrating.. let him improve first.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Will he able to give disciplined and hard working performances? Will be dislodged by Ashley Young after 10 games. Do not want.

Womp

idiot
He's not more talented just different. Having watched him live as well, he is just as frustrating.. let him improve first.
Well he is. Talent has nothing to do with frustration, his ceiling is simply higher. Can use both feet to an exceptional standard, is just as good if not a better dribbler and is younger. Only thing Martial is better at is finishing, which isn't essential for a proper winger like Dembele.

Martial is a great talent and can become a top player but Dembele has a higher ceiling. Not saying Dembele will become a better player because in football anything can happen, but he's more gifted a player

Last edited:

Jib

I like Martial but Dembele is more gifted. Ballon d'Or material !

Mainoldo

Well he is. Talent has nothing to do with frustration, his ceiling is simply higher. Can use both feet to an exceptional standard, is just as good if not a better dribbler and is younger. Only thing Martial is better at is finishing, which isn't essential for a proper winger like Dembele.

Martial is a great talent and can become a top player but Dembele has a higher ceiling. Not saying Dembele will become a better player because in football anything can happen, but he's more gifted a player
I didn't actually relate talent to frustration, I just didn't want people thinking your getting a better player by signing Dembele over Martial right now. Plus saying he has a higher ceiling is like comparing Robben to Ronaldo, it's not that obvious and nobody really knows. Martial is extremely talented, extremely!!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
No one expected Ronaldo to score 50 goals in a season or become the goal machine that he is today. He struggled to score goals when he first came to United. There was a lot of dribbling with no end product but we believed in him. Dembele similarly has that same talent and he exhibits similar qualities as a 19 year old Ronaldo. I think the talent is the same but it's the work ethic that to reach Ronaldo's level is something that is up for question.
Not to mention the personal drive and ambition. That sets both Messi and Ronaldo apart

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
IMO he will become a world class version of the 2007 CR7. A dribbling creation wing wizard with goals

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He wont move right now and also for himself it would be better to stay another 2-3 years

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think that Jose may be looking to buy players who in their prime.
He absolutely needs to win the title this coming season and if he buys some "kids", that won't be happening.
Furthermore, we have seen what happened with Shaw and Martial. Any young player would be worried about joining our team, unless they have absolute confidence in their own ability to deliver the goods.
I suspect this Summer, we shall see 2-3 new first team players - all of them in their prime - who can make immediate (positive) impact.

Trizy

50m in today's market isn't too much of a risk, especially for the biggest under 21 talent in the world.

Him and Martial on the wings of a 433 for the next 10 years :drool:

United Pro

I really wanted us to sign him last summer, but he reportedly rejected us for Dortmund.
Original source is the Sun. Aren't they banned here?

Infra-red

He has a contract until 2021, which means, insane Pogba-level offers aside, he'll be at Dortmund for at least another three seasons.

Fracture90

Not 100% sure but isn't he the one that choose Dortmund before us when we wanted him in the summer of 2015? Or was that some other talented Dembele? Gosh there's so many Dembele's roaming around…

ovoxo

He'll be a top top player. Definitely top 3 in the world. However he won't leave Dortmund for at least another 2-3 seasons imo. When it does come to leaving, they'll be the usual big clubs in for him. Hopefully by then we've won a few titles and shown we can get to the latter stages of the CL to make ourselves attractive as possible. He'll probably be a world record transfer when it does come to leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.