Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surprised we didn't jump in for him at that price. WC potential in a position we need strenghtening.

I guess Jose's grand plan is Mkhi on the right with Griezmann CAM.

Devil may care

Sure look like that now with series of his transfer all revolved around him acting up.Talent he sure has but it is poisonous attitude to have. You don't know when he would turn back to bite the hand that feed him.
Exactly, I think he looks a better talent than Martial or Rashford but that attitude would have bitten us had we signed him, he's very childlike and petulant.

It was his dream club. Yes he acted unprofessionally. But the chance to go to his dream club and upturn their fortunes is worth it for him to act this way.
Unfortunately for us it means another world class player of the market.
He will fit in well due to his ability.
This dream club stuff is the guff of 14 year olds, he's being paid as a professional in the adult workplace, his attitude and behaviour is a disgrace, but like I say he'll fit in well at that club as that type of attitude is well recieved there.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:lol: What was all that posturing about then!? Strange series of events.
What? Because [SER] says so it must be true? French and Spanish media have released FAKE NEWS regarding this transfer every other day. Why should the latest claim suddenly be true?

prtk0811

All bullshit about want to develop in low pressure environment is being exposed here.

Agent making a good money with a big move by getting him to Dortmund last year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
All bullshit about want to develop in low pressure environment is being exposed here.

Agent making a good money with a big move by getting him to Dortmund last year.
I already told you that his agent had nothing to do with it. He actually had to change agent in order to move to Dortmund.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Pogba signed for €105 million + bonuses, if Dembélé is signed for €100 million + bonuses it's great business IMHO. Close this & get Seri, look for a midfielder in the coming season once deadweight is moved and groom the kids

United Pro

Pogba signed for €105 million + bonuses, if Dembélé is signed for €100 million + bonuses it's great business IMHO. Close this & get Seri, look for a midfielder in the coming season once deadweight is moved and groom the kids
Well the bonuses for Pogba's deal was €5m, while Dembele's looks like €30-50m (depending on who you believe). But, still a decent deal for a cracking player.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
What about Di Maria? Aren't Barca going after him too?

Tbh, Dembele Messi Di Maria is not a bad front three at all. It's no MSN, but it's still up there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Could be due to many reasons, most likely one being, he isn't interested in coming.
Yeah if that's the case then fair enough, I would rather it be that than us just not trying.

Moonred

Yeah if that's the case then fair enough, I would rather it be that than us just not trying.
Yeah that and affordability as well. As rich as we are I am not convinced we could have spent another 100m this summer. Cracking talent though, loved whatever little I have seen of him though I still feel that's a huge price.

Hojoon

Smells like Barca board telling the usually reliable Spanish outlets bullshit.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He will end up at Barcelona, they will pay what Dortmund are asking for and Dortmund won't even buy replacement because they got Pulisic and will make CL even without Dembele. They will be happy with €80m or so profit too and so will be Rennes with €30m or so they will get.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Its baffling,
I'm no expert on the ins & outs of transfers, but several things seem pretty obvious to me:

1. Just because it's not in the media, doesn't mean that a club can't be negotiating with a player behind the scenes.
2. A player might flat out instruct his agent to tell a club he doesn't want to go there.
3. Teams are likely to have an agreement in place with a player before making a bid (media outlets report this kind of thing all the time), likely in order to save face incase one of these two scenarios happens:

A) They bid for a player before talking to him, it's accepted and then said player informs them he doesn't have any intention of joining them.
B) The player was only using them as a bargaining tool to negotiate a contract elsewhere.

Therefore, don't assume that Dembele would want to join United and United are idiots for not making known official bids for him.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
The cluelessness of these clowns from Spain doesnt know any boundaries. :lol:

One day after Watzke has said that no negotiations are going to happen they come up with that BS. Dortmund are surely not interested in some weird variables like winning CL or other nonsense. They have to pay what Dortmund want and I m pretty sure its 150m€.

IIRC Rennes would get 20m€ of it.

prtk0811

I'm no expert on the ins & outs of transfers, but several things seem pretty obvious to me:

1. Just because it's not in the media, doesn't mean that a club can't be negotiating with a player behind the scenes.
2. A player might flat out instruct his agent to tell a club he doesn't want to go there.
3. Teams are likely to have an agreement in place with a player before making a bid (media outlets report this kind of thing all the time), likely in order to save face incase one of these two scenarios happens:

A) They bid for a player before talking to him, it's accepted and then said player informs them he doesn't have any intention of joining them.
B) The player was only using them as a bargaining tool to negotiate a contract elsewhere.

Therefore, don't assume that Dembele would want to join United and United are idiots for not making known official bids for him.
I dont even remember now in what context i said it.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Rennes have a sell-on clause of 25% of transfer fee for player. Assume that means then if that he goes for 100 + variables, for now Rennes would get 25 and BVB would pocket 60 million profit for 1 season - not bad

prtk0811

Well the bonuses for Pogba's deal was €5m, while Dembele's looks like €30-50m (depending on who you believe). But, still a decent deal for a cracking player.
Rest of the money was paid to the agent? riola? Or it came from juventus end?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The cluelessness of these clowns from Spain doesnt know any boundaries. :lol:

One day after Watzke has said that no negotiations are going to happen they come up with that BS. Dortmund are surely not interested in some weird variables like winning CL or other nonsense. They have to pay what Dortmund want and I m pretty sure its 150m€.

IIRC Rennes would get 20m€ of it.
It wouldn't surprise me if it went like this:
Watzke "we will contact our friends from Catalonia and let them know our deadline" -> Kicker "Dortmund to contact Barcelona" -> Spanish Media "Dortmund open for negotiations, deal imminent"

That being said was Dortmund's asking price ever really spelled out? Sure, German media wrote it is a sum between €130/40 and €150m, but they didn't specify what kind of structure to the payment they expect. Would €150m upfront even be desirable for Dortmund? Or would a more structured payment be better for tax reasons?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Rennes have a sell-on clause of 25% of transfer fee for player. Assume that means then if that he goes for 100 + variables, for now Rennes would get 25 and BVB would pocket 60 million profit for 1 season - not bad
Not bad, but they can do better.

I expect Barca to buckle and pay an outrageous fee.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
It wouldn't surprise me if it went like this:
Watzke "we will contact our friends from Catalonia and let them know our deadline" -> Kicker "Dortmund to contact Barcelona" -> Spanish Media "Dortmund open for negotiations, deal imminent"

That being said was Dortmund's asking price ever really spelled out? Sure, German media wrote it is a sum between €130/40 and €150m, but they didn't specify what kind of structure to the payment they expect. Would €150m upfront even be desirable for Dortmund? Or would a more structured payment be better for tax reasons?
No, it was never spelled out and Dortmund never do it in general, thats why its always so funny, when all the media come up with their numbers pulled out of their...

I did the same though and I rarely have been wrong with my predictions when its about numbers especially when it comes to Dortmund. Thats the number I would pick and I m sure Watzke agrees with me. In other words, thats the sum I think Watzke considers appropriate for a player, who was deemed not for sale not long time ago under actual market conditions.

To have options can always lead to positive effects for future fiscal years, as the possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

itso 7

Ditto I think yourselves, Real and us are in a unique positio. where we have the platform to profit from deals like this no matter how expensive the appear at first. Dembele and Seri are a must have for you guys but you should steer well clear of Coutinho imo.

EmmaandSiggi

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He will end up at Barcelona, they will pay what Dortmund are asking for and Dortmund won't even buy replacement because they got Pulisic and will make CL even without Dembele. They will be happy with €80m or so profit too and so will be Rennes with €30m or so they will get.
The sum for Rennes is capped around 20 Million Euros. So it is more €100m for us.

We will buy a replacement. Have you looked at our squad?

Reus is out till next year. That's the reason why we bought Phillip, who is in his style of play a little bit similar to him. But not even close to his output yet, although he is more of an support striker than a classical winger.

Schürrle is out for a month and to put it mildly, not really convincing in his spell at Dortmnund. He just needs space to use his greatest skill: pace. The problem will be, that we usually don't have space agains most opponents and his first touch is really bad sometimes.

Pulisic is a fantastic talent in the same bracket as Dembele, althoug varies in his style of play a little. More mature in decision making, but also more predictable in dribblings due to his one footedness.

Emre Mor is really talented, his low center of gravity in combination with his acceleration and technique should set him on equal footing with Dembele. But when you criticize the decision making of Dembele, you just will shake your head when you watch Mor. He never passes to an team mate, always dribbles even against 4 opponents. He usually gets through 2 or even 3 guys, what looks great, but he will every time miss the opportunity to pass the ball. And the fourth guy will snatch the ball away. You could understand it when you are a far better player than everyone in the danish youth system, but that didn't change even slightly in his year at BVB. Logically there were negotiations with Inter regarding a transfer, but those broke down recently.

Jakob Bruun Larsen is just promoted to the first team this year. Nobody should expect him to play a role, because he just got back from an injury.

That makes in total 4 players for 2 positions. A newbie, a struggling playser who doesn't fit our style of play, an promising and an dissapointing talent. I don't see why we should risk the whole season, due to lack of investment. It's not as if we don't have the money. We have right now a slight surplus in our transfer budget and Durm is on his way to Stuttgart, as is Subotic to Wolfsburg. Why just park the money on the banking account?

Reactions: KM

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

Exactly lol. It's always hilarious to me how people spin their own transfer sagas forth in their mind, solely depending on what info they get from media outlets, some of wich, if not most, they should very much know to be questionable.

So if there's been no article about a certain x-y transfer for 10 days, people go "WTF why aren't we doing anything regarding x-y!!".

Same with the "Why aren't we in for..." stuff. As if Dembélé was somehaow overlooked by Utd's scouting department :lol:

stepic

Dortmund can ask what they want. So they should. Barca have cash and already offered as much for Coutinho who isn't even as good.

gaucho_10

Ugh feck off. Probably annoyed that they won't be getting him for free once he runs down his contract with BVB.
Exactly. Everyone should know this by now.

What amazes me the most is how the guy just takes the moral high ground. A normal person would probably hide in a cave from embarrassment after spending time in prison, but not these guys. Thick skin is an understatement.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He hasn't been selected by Deschamps since he didn't train in the last weeks.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That's some business. Sign for 15 millions (although it was a ridiculously low price even then), sell for 150 a season later :eek:
Same can be said about Pogba of course, but at least it took some time

Status
Not open for further replies.