g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
:confused: That's not the question and it's not as if he was undroppable for France.
Even in the Euros, squandering him & Kylian - it was like Pekerman failing to play Messi, no logic at all. No French friends I know approve of how Deschamps is the running the NT, they look soft and starved of ideas. He is a catalyst for the team that they lack

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Contract till 2022. And plays for Leipzig, which is basically Red Bull. A company who has a firm vision for their sport investment, which is huge. And selling players is not one of them. Expecially to national competitors for the Champions League spots in the Bundesliga. Not going to happen.

Dortmund even without the Dembele money now is in the position to buy from every club in Germany except Bayern and Leipzig. Money wise.

There are rumors around Malcom, who is currently playing at Bordeaux. But if i would choose one target, it is Julian Brandt from Leverkusen. Throw 50-60 million at them. I think that woul do the job, because he has a release clause around 20m € next year. The only doubt i have is our ability to convince the player...
Brandt isn't worth anything close to that kind of money. I also don't think that he would improve Dortmund.

el3mel

So he'll be the second most expensive player ever ? It'll be crazy if Pogba number got broken 2 times in single market, and will still be broken for the third time if Mbappe deal is secured for PSG. :lol:

Jagga7

Although Dembele is class, it's such a panic buy from Barca and they're paying way over the odds.

PSG and Neymar really fecked Barca over.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Even in the Euros, squandering him & Kylian - it was like Pekerman failing to play Messi, no logic at all. No French friends I know approve of how Deschamps is the running the NT, they look soft and starved of ideas. He is a catalyst for the team that they lack
I don't care.

So my question was, can Dembélé wastefulness be a problem for Messi or even Valverde?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So Pogba will be the fourth most expensive player in the world after this transfer window(Mbappe deal will also go through)

That talent in French team is insane.

Front four of Martial, Mbappe, Dembele and Griezmann with Pogba and Kante behind them. Wowsers. Deschamps will find a way to play Sissoko in the team though.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Front four of Martial, Mbappe, Dembele and Griezmann with Pogba and Kante behind them. Wowsers. Deschamps will find a way to play Sissoko in the team though.
I don't envy Kante in that line up:D

FromTheBench

So Pogba will be the fourth most expensive player in the world after this transfer window(Mbappe deal will also go through)

That talent in French team is insane.

They have a bunch of excellent defenders too. It is really a pretty complete team.and looking even more ominous in the future.

The only disadvantage really is their core players don't play for one or two teams but are scattered all over leagues.

But still they ought to win a trophy or two in the next 4 year cycle and continue further.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He'll be good for Barca. They need such quality after seeing Deulofeu put in bang average performances.

AR87

The market was already pretty crazy but Neymar's transfer really has it completely out of whack. Dortmund have done very well here to cash in for a fee that I doubt would be on the table next summer or under a different set of circumstances.

Very glad with the business United did this summer looking at the current state of things.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Brandt isn't worth anything close to that kind of money. I also don't think that he would improve Dortmund.
I honestly don´t think the replacement will be someone we will have to negotiate over a long time. I believe we will sign whoever comes next the same way we signed the majority of the recent players: by activating a release clause.

In a way our officials will be in new terrain here. We never sold a key player that late in a window and always reinvested transfer income directly back into the market. Given the scale of the money involved here and the rather full state of the squad (at most we might sign a RB on top here) that would mean a signing in the range of 50-60 Mil. € here, which would shatter the previous Bundesliga record.

Maybe it will be someone no one has really reported about like Bilbaos Inaki Williams or Sportings Gelson Martins, both equipped with a clause in the before mentioned range and fitting as Dembeles replacement in terms of style.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Dortmund would do well to sign Malcom of Bordeaux(sp?). They were talking about him on Reddit and he seemed very promising. Scored a cracker against Lyon in the past weekend too.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Maybe it will be someone no one has really reported about like Bilbaos Inaki Williams or Sportings Gelson Martins, both equipped with a clause in the before mentioned range and fitting as Dembeles replacement in terms of style.
Quality replacement. But isn't he highly rated already? Sporting might ask for more than 60m. for him. You're basically in the same spot as Barca post the Neymar sale. Everybody knows you're loaded now.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Quality replacement. But isn't he highly rated already? Sporting might ask for more than 60m. for him. You're basically in the same spot as Barca post the Neymar sale. Everybody knows you're loaded now.
They can ask, but in difference to Dembele Martins has a release clause of 60 Mil. €.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Dortmund would do well to sign Malcom of Bordeaux(sp?). They were talking about him on Reddit and he seemed very promising. Scored a cracker against Lyon in the past weekend too.
Fantastic prospect and he is very good already. I hoped wed sign him in a year or two but read Dortmund had their eye on him even before dembele to Barca became a thing. I hope we challenge them atleast although i am sure we wont be taking a punt on anyone and will buy a sure bet.

EmmaandSiggi

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The only disadvantage really is their core players don't play for one or two teams but are scattered all over leagues.

But still they ought to win a trophy or two in the next 4 year cycle and continue further.
And that will be the key for the German National Team in the nearest future. Dortmund and Bayern have to get most of the talented players of the next generation. Or otherwise they will have the same problem of Brazil and France: No team and collective playing style. That is hard to achieve and needs more than 2 weeks training and a game loaded schedule of tournament. I think one reason for the enormous regularity of semi finals and finals for the DFB-representatives is that the squad usually is build around 2 League teams: Bayern and the current challenger. The midfield core for the futurre after Kroos/Gündogan might be already in Dortmund: Weigl-Götze-Dahoud.

We already missed out on Kroos, Gündogan and in the future Sane. Brandt has to be kept in the Bundesliga. Preferably at Dortmund.

Crashoutcassius

"Not a Mourinho player".

If there are many more world class talents who are "not Mourinho players", people may soon start asking if the manager is the real problem, not the players? Surely the question should be, "Is he a Man utd Player?". And, the obvious follow-up question: "Is Mourinho a Manchester United manager?"

He certainly bloody thinks he is. But that means nothing.

And, no, re-read my post. I wrote 'in 5 or 6 years' re: Dembele. So United could get great service out of him AND get their money back if he still wanted to leave 5 years down the line. In which time, of course, a lot can change.
So consider sacking mourinho because he doesn't want to spend 150m on a 20 year old relatively unproven winger That might not suit his usual system?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm not a fan either, but I'm not really worried about Dembele. He just hasn't been training and Deschamps wants players who are fit and ready to go. Dembele will be back by the next selection without a doubt. I'm just surpised he selected Mbappe but without Benzema and Giroud as a sub at Arsenal, he's got limited options for strikers besides him and Lacazette.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Seems it´s €145M total, including very soft bonus targets. Take off €20M for Rennes and Dortmund virtually sit on €125M.:eek: If they do it right and spend it on Toljan, Goretzka, Malcom (now) and Keita (next year) they have a better team than Bayern in 2018.

Seij

Barca's board really screwed up here. If they made this signing before Neymar's 220M buyout went through Dembele would've been half the price.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Neymar leaving is the only reason Dembele is on the market.
This. Without Neymar leaving, Dembele would have never even tried to make a move. He could have joined Barcelona instead of Dortmund but he was after playing time, which he now will get with Neymar gone.

Deleted member 101472

I think we should ban balague from this forum. He's not in the know at all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You know Mbappe barely played before Euros right?

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Barca's board really screwed up here. If they made this signing before Neymar's 220M buyout went through Dembele would've been half the price.
Ousmane Dembele, the 2nd most expensive footballer in history

:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seems it´s €145M total, including very soft bonus targets. Take off €20M for Rennes and Dortmund virtually sit on €125M.:eek: If they do it right and spend it on Toljan, Goretzka, Malcom (now) and Keita (next year) they have a better team than Bayern in 2018.
That's impossible

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Neymar leaving is the only reason Dembele is on the market.
Exactly and the player, while dreaming of Barcelona, didn't want to come even a year earlier and be bench fodder. Moreover, there's no way he would have gone for half the price in a Neymar-free market. After the Pogba deal, he was always going to be a minimum 100 million transfer. The price concerns me less than the manner and time it took to close the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.