Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Including Mbappe in that team, would be like when England brought Walcott to the 2006 World Cup. While more experience, he had played 14 games at the top level.
Moreover, France had no attacking power with Benzema out. Until they were used, the star of the show was really Payet - that tells you something right there

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Griezmann was massive that tournament and he was probably the star of the team.
He didn't really get warmed up until the knockouts and even then they couldn't create much without Payet. Griezmann got the headlines but Giroud & Payet were largely responsible for their progression, IMHO

Trizy

I find it hard to get excited by this. I'm a massive Dembele fan and would be jumping for joy if we signed him but 150m is just plain stupid.

Barca got their pants pulled down all transfer window. improved Couninho bid of 700m incoming? Daft market..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Barca will be getting worldclass potential with Dembele. Annoying that they still have that pull.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I don't get certain people

Dortmund is getting 150m for a player they paid 15m for, they are getting 10 times more than what they paid for him and somehow still people find a way to paint Dortmund as the victim here.

I find Dortmund unreasonable, how in godsname can you demand 150m for a player you picked up for 15m a year ago ? I understand they aren't happy he already wants to leave but that is just the way things work, if he explodes the way he has than bigger clubs will come after him and it is only natural the player wants it aswell, I mean how dare he have any sort of ambition right ?

Nick7

Dortmund is getting 150m for a player they paid 15m for, they are getting 10 times more than what they paid for him and somehow still people find a way to paint Dortmund as the victim here.

I find Dortmund unreasonable, how in godsname can you demand 150m for a player you picked up for 15m a year ago ? I understand they aren't happy he already wants to leave but that is just the way things work, if he explodes the way he has than bigger clubs will come after him and it is only natural the player wants it aswell, I mean how dare he have any sort of ambition right ?
Supply and demand. Dortmund don't have to sell for a penny less than they want. Why should they?

Akshay

Staff
I find Dortmund unreasonable, how in godsname can you demand 150m for a player you picked up for 15m a year ago ? I understand they aren't happy he already wants to leave but that is just the way things work, if he explodes the way he has than bigger clubs will come after him and it is only natural the player wants it aswell, I mean how dare have any sort of ambition right ?
And how dare the club having any sort of ambition for wanting to keep a star like him? It doesn't matter how much they bought him for, he's their player now and it's their right to set the price. If Barcelona value him as much as Dortmund do, they will pay.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Yeah, and how dare BVB have ambition of asking money for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Doesn't make them victims though
They are/were the victim of a club and player who don't care about contracts. The fact that they stayed strong enough to get a big fee in the end doesn't change that.

MiceOnMeth

What's this guys overall ability? More of a traditional winger assist monster like Robben or a Neymar type wide forward who'll score 20 goals? Watching that little clip he certainly has an eye for through balls, really impressive vision and passing. Gosh I'm jealous ;(

lawliet354

Moreover, France had no attacking power with Benzema out. Until they were used, the star of the show was really Payet - that tells you something right there
That tells me that Deschamps is clueless, all of that attacking outlet and he chose to play Sissoko, and Giroud has been French best player for me since Euros

Because he has a contract? Because it's late in transfer window so it's harder to find replacement? Because if Dortmund doesn't play strong then it's even easier for them to lose players in the future? Just pull a Dembele then you can be out

Dortmund is not being unreasonable, Dembele is being very unprofessional, he misses training and go awol ffs, if it happens with United player I bet caf would explode

Unmutual

I think this guy will have a good season. On that big wide Nou Camp pitch with Messi & Suarez to link up with, he could have a field day. Just depends on whether Barca's midfield can do their job.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Including Mbappe in that team, would be like when England brought Walcott to the 2006 World Cup. While more experienced, he had played 14 games at the top level.
Yeah and scored just 1 goal at top level. It would have been insane to play him when they had better players available at that point.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
What's this guys overall ability? More of a traditional winger assist monster like Robben or a Neymar type wide forward who'll score 20 goals? Watching that little clip he certainly has an eye for through balls, really impressive vision and passing. Gosh I'm jealous ;(
He's a winger really but can come inside & play centrally as a support striker or attacking midfielder - it's remarkable really that he has a very similar profile to Neymar although not really a goalscorer per se.

They are/were the victim of a club and player who don't care about contracts. The fact that they stayed strong enough to get a big fee in the end doesn't change that.
The dubious way they signed him in the first place tells you quite a bit about how much of a victim or contract sensitive they are. They made a killing and now continue their rep as feeder club for clubs bigger than themselves else why would he leave?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think in a lot of ways he's similar to Mkhitaryan in terms of style. Starts out wide, but drifts into the center, picks up balls from deep and drives them forward. More of a play maker than a scorer at this point, though I wouldn't be surprised if he developed into a good goal scorer.

The dubious way they signed him in the first place tells you quite a bit about how much of a victim or contract sensitive they are. They made a killing and now continue their rep as feeder club for clubs bigger than themselves else why would he leave?
That post is completely beside the point. "They unwillingly sold some players in the past so it's fine for Dembele to go on strike"?. Great logic at work..
And please elaborate what was dubious about his signing from Rennes.

Last edited:

The red panther

princess transfer emo
And how dare the club having any sort of ambition for wanting to keep a star like him? It doesn't matter how much they bought him for, he's their player now and it's their right to set the price. If Barcelona value him as much as Dortmund do, they will pay.
You are right ofcourse but I do think it has to be within reason.

Outright refusing offers of above 100m for a player you only paid 15m for youself. I mean obvioulsy they can make a profit and obviously they can try to get as much out of it as possible but honestly the way these clubs are acting (it is the same with Liverpool) it feels like they are keeping their players as prisoners. Ok they signed a long time contract but my god how hard is it for those players to get a transfer to a better club if the opportunity presents itself. If the player doesn't want to stay, than I think as a club you need to sell, as a club you only should want players who want to be at the club, if they really want to leave you should let them. If Dortmund would have accepted something like 100m for Demebele, I'am sure they would be well compensated and I'am also sure that there wouldn't have been this much hostility between the player and the club as there is now. I mean you can conclude business in a normal sensible way without blowing up bridges and souring relationships, fighting it all out in the press but that requires all parties to act sensible and be reasonable. I don't think Barca and Demebele are out of order for asking for a transfer and offering Dortmund a big amount of money to do it. Dortmund asking money as if Dembele is the best player in the world, imo that is unreasonable.

Again they are asking for x10 their investment. 2nd highest transfer fee ever paid for a player, 50m more than Pogba cost us which was seen as an insane amount only last year. I don't know but I find it over the top. They can surely do this but imo it is really being unreasonable.

Nick7

You are right ofcourse but I do think it has to be within reason.

Outright refusing offers of above 100m for a player you only paid 15m for youself. I mean obvioulsy they can make a profit and obviously they can try to get as much out of it as possible but honestly the way these clubs are acting (it is the same with Liverpool) it feels like they are keeping their players as prisoners. Ok they signed a long time contract but my god how hard is it for those players to get a transfer to a better club if the opportunity presents itself. If the player doesn't want to stay, than I think as a club you need to sell, as a club you only should want players who want to be at the club, if they really want to leave you should let them. If Dortmund would have accepted something like 100m for Demebele, I'am sure they would be well compensated and I'am also sure that there wouldn't have been this much hostility between the player and the club as there is now. I mean you can conclude business in a normal sensible way without blowing up bridges and souring relationships, fighting it all out in the press but that requires all parties to act sensible and be reasonable. I don't think Barca and Demebele are out of order for asking for a transfer and offering Dortmund a big amount of money to do it. Dortmund asking money as if Dembele is the best player in the world, imo that is unreasonable.

Again they are asking for x10 their investment. 2nd highest transfer fee ever paid for a player, 50m more than Pogba cost us which was seen as an insane amount only last year. I don't know but I find it over the top. They can surely do this but imo it is really being unreasonable.
I mean, if you bought an antique for £10 and wanted £100. Would you accept if someone offered £50, because it's 5 times more than you paid?

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Supply and demand. Dortmund don't have to sell for a penny less than they want. Why should they?
No they don't have to sell for a penny less

But imo if you want to sustain healthy relationships with other clubs and be regarded as a sensible club to do business with than you should not be squeezing until it really hurts for every deal.

It is probably not going to happen but I hope these clubs were Dortmund is always picking up their players for nearly nothing that they start squeezing Dortmund aswell until it hurts.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
That post is completely beside the point. "They unwillingly sold some players in the past so it's fine for Dembele to go on strike". Great logic at work..
And please elaborate what was dubious about his signing from Rennes.
No point really to feign ignorance on it, I've posted about it before

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Really exciting talent, looking forward to seeing what he can do in a better league/team in the next few years.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I mean, if you bought an antique for £10 and wanted £100. Would you accept if someone offered £50, because it's 5 times more than you paid?
Wanting 10 times more is just greedy. Also a lamp is an object without feelings, a player is a person with ambitions and motivations and if the player wants to leave, you should respect that as a club instead of doing everything possible from preventing it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Are you saying they should be happy with 50m? Why would they turn down the extra if clubs are willing to pay.

Varun

Staff

Bigger clubs including Barca have been after him before he joined Dortmund. Just as he's free to want to move, they're free to demand an amount they feel he's worth to them. If Barca think its unreasonable, they're free to move on.

As an aside, I don't see how Barca or anyone else expected anything different from Dortmund. Dembele is absolutely fantastic, along with Mbappe one of the best talents around, Dortmund are not a small club who'd sell on the cheap as they do not need the money, they arent idiots either so they're seeing how mental the market is and how much cash Barca have in the account. Why'd they sell unless Barca pay up? For all the drama Dembele is doing, Dortmund know they hold all the cards as the WC is along the corner and even if he stays against his will, he'll buckle up and perform. Just like Coutinho which is why Barca are going to be bled dry for him as well. Its really poor from Barca too, they needed to do these deals when Neymar moving was still in the air as they'd have known better than anyone that he was a goner. You can't have 200mil in the account upfront and go to clubs like Dortmund and Pool wanting their best players on the cheap with the window closing in a week.

Nick7

Wanting 10 times more is just greedy. Also a lamp is an object without feelings, a player is a person with ambitions and motivations and if the player wants to leave, you should respect that as a club instead of doing everything possible from preventing it.
Doesn't make business sense. A player is just an asset for a club, like a lamp would be to you if you were flipping it. Why should they sell for less? He signed a contract he doesn't want to honour. Dortmund have put the price out there and said, you want him here's the price. There's a week left in the window. What does Dortmund get out of selling him cheaper, other than the headache of having to replace him in very little time?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Great sample of his contributions

The guy is pretty amazing and should fit right into Barca's attack.
The guy has great vision in creating chances and at such a young age is able to make defence splitting passes.
With our No.7 shirt vacant, I do wish we were in for him.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
No they don't have to sell for a penny less

But imo if you want to sustain healthy relationships with other clubs and be regarded as a sensible club to do business with than you should not be squeezing until it really hurts for every deal.

It is probably not going to happen but I hope these clubs were Dortmund is always picking up their players for nearly nothing that they start squeezing Dortmund aswell until it hurts.
Too much common sense. Common sense in a Barca related topic is a rare commodity these days.

djdhrubs

In October 2016

One day I will play for Barça
To answer the question at the bottom of this page, problemas de erreccion? Watching this kid's highlights on youtube, the answer is...

definitivamente no!

Lyricist

Ousmane Dembele, the 2nd most expensive footballer in history

:lol:
He's young so it's hard to predict how well he'll do. But he's one of the most outrageous talents I've seen in football so far. Not hard to imagine him going for a record fee when there's so much left on his contract.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
They didn't want to sell in the first place. They were basically hoping that Barca refuses to pay that fee. They don't care about good relationships by just selling easily. They don't want to sell their best players at all - never wanted to.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
He's young so it's hard to predict how well he'll do. But he's one of the most outrageous talents I've seen in football so far. Not hard to imagine him going for a record fee when there's so much left on his contract.
Oh yea, not degrading his talents. Definitely know how dynamic he is. Just a bit funny seeing his name below Neymar's for most expensive footballer ever lol...goes to show how desperate Barca are and how much they overpaid.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
At Rennes he looked like a potential goalscoring monster, consistently dribbling his way to goals but it looks like he completely lost his finishing in Dortmund, which is a bit disappointing, but instead turned into an assist machine.

It would be a waste if he doesn't develop into a regular 20-30 goals a season player. I guess at Barca he will play exactly like Neymar did lately, starting very wide on the left to stretch play then cutting inside.

I wonder what his release clause price will be? :)
Barca will have learnt and increase the clause amount from Neymar's. €223m? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.